- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay I didn't get any votes on the last chapter so maybe people aren't so into it this round, but I'll keep going. As we went with staying put last time, let's see what happens when you go with B and try to escape from Eva's pocket...

While Eva is humming to herself, focusing on something on her computer, you carefully, very slowly shuffle your way up the outer-edge of her pocket, pressing against her side as gently as you can. You climb up with small movements, and pause when she shifts, until you finally get your arms up over the tip of her pocket and pull yourself out. You look up the great height of her side, but can’t see much beyond her arm outstretched above, hand resting on the desk. Good, it shields you from her view. You get your leg over the pocket and lower yourself over the other side, where you pause at the daunting drop. It’s a good thirty feet down to the carpet from here, with no easy way down – the chair only has one central support, no legs nearby. You either have to jump or try and crawl down the length of her leg, where you’re sure to be noticed.

Eva shifts her bum, making the decision for you – a flap of the jacket jolts you and you lose your grip. You grunt rather than scream, bracing yourself for impact, and drop hard to the ground. You hit the carpet with a thump that knocks the wind out of you and sends you rolling, but when you stop on your back, looking up, you seem to be okay. A little pain, not much. At this size, perhaps you can survive bigger falls – something to do with less air resistance, you tell yourself, thinking you should’ve paid more attention to science at school. But you’re free from her, on the floor unnoticed, even if she’s sitting massively above you. She’s turned away, computer angled towards the window.

You quietly get up, recovering your breath, and creep around to the edge of the desk. The door is a few hundred metres beyond, a big distance without any cover. You should be able to get there unseen, but only if Eva stays still. On the other hand, down here you’re definitely out of sight. If she doesn’t notice you’re missing, she might move at some point, giving you a better opportunity to get away.

[This was again pretty short so I'm jumping straight to the next bit: trying to escape again!]

Keeping one guarded eye back on the desk and Eva, you hurry out over the carpet, trying to balance speed and quietness. Your manager’s engrossed with something on her computer screen, probably some personal shopping or internet drama, undoubtedly not work. It’s enough of a distraction that she doesn’t notice you, and you’re able to reach the massive door. There, you crawl under the gap and out into the foyer area, where you straighten up and take a big breath of relief.

It catches in your throat, as you realise you’re not alone here either: there’s another giantess, at another desk, between you and the door to the corridor. Eva’s assistant Daniela looks enormous even in her slumped posture, typing at her computer. She is definitely working, and looks like she needs a break. You notice her foot under the desk tapping nervously away, a New Balance trainer rising and falling in a simple movement with enough power to kill you.

You need to get to her desk, so you continue across the carpet, keeping slow and careful not to draw her attention. As you reach a desk leg, hidden from Daniela’s view, you hear a snarl back beyond Eva’s door. There’s rapid movement. Your manager has realised your gone. You move more quickly under the desk, to get out of sight, before she can come after you.

Should you keep going, rather than risk being caught, or try your luck here? Daniela might be able to help you. To protect you.

 

[A] Keep moving – run for the corridor.

[B] You need help – try and get Daniela’s attention from the floor.

[C] Play it safe; if you climb under Daniela’s chair, you’ll be hidden and can climb higher up.

Chapter End Notes:

What'll it be? Three choices this time! Cast your votes... or don't, I'll choose later!

And meanwhile again, the full eBook is available on my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/rbashton), from all major retailers (https://books2read.com/u/4EpAXY) in eBook and paperback, or from my Gumroad store (https://rbashton.gumroad.com/l/underthetable)