- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the dawning of creation a new spark of life is witnessed by one of the firstborn of creation

In the pitch black, lightless void of space stood a single planet long separated from any other planetary body. A hellish terrain plagued by fire and decay, an all too common sight in a reality so young it had yet to be truly born. There were no concepts that defined space and time, life and death. There were no rules which established structure, no order which made sense of the insanity that was primordial existence. 


There was only chaos. Devastation of such a cosmic scale that it would serve to baffle even an infinite mind.  


Upon every world, fire and destruction, but this singular planet stood free of the rest, different, as upon its surface laid an ocean of crimson water. The lifeblood of one unfortunate soul caught in the unending carnage seen through the early cosmos. A titanic being whose body covered more than half of the planet's surface, digging into the primordial crust of one of the first worlds. Shattered bones and misshapen flesh torn, whatever had killed this once grotesque being did so through might even greater than something nearly planetary in scale. 


An act of territorial aggression? Or perhaps something more malicious? 


Likely, it did not matter. 


Their blood had flowed all the same, flooding the hellish world in an apocalyptic wave of life altering gore. An ocean of what was once part of the living, now intermingled with the chaos of a world so close to the primordial state preceding creation. 


And from this very sea born of another's decay tore free a creature of brutality and rage. A horror not birthed of the fallen entity's blood, but rather summoned by the global scale of slaughter present, having ripped through the thin veil that separated its domain with that of the cosmos. All it had required was the essence of something greater, the scent, to know where to breach into the burning landscape that served as the singular grave for an apocalyptic abomination.


A reptilian beast of the Deep Wastes, a drake feared even in its own territory. A vicious predator that was one of the first to develop their physical form while others across the tapestry of creation struggled to even hold on to their flicker of identity


The creature rose, a mite in the mere shadow of the ungodly corpse yet unbothered by its presence. Its maw opened, releasing a cacophony of maddening chitters that resonated across the entire planet and bled the dark sky above. It flailed its four limbs in rage-fueled insanity, cutting through the air with dreadfully sharp claws that extended to resemble spears, or perhaps daggers of unknowable composition. It gnashed its teeth without reason, snarling and hissing at anything which may be a threat, viewing all things through blood red eyes.  


They could feel the iridescent flames of the world around them. Sense the overwhelming presence of the corpse god behind it, their blood having drawn the horror here. With more than just their eyes they witnessed the cruel fate of the being which towered above the sky and blanketed the world in death. Such a grand finale for something so mighty. Why, it almost made one wish to dine upon the faltering form. 


Almost


There was no telling how many more had caught the scent of dead divinity, even one as malformed as this cretin. 


Rearing up, the beast howled towards the pitch black sky of the crimson, hellish planet, challenging any nearby to face it. Its obsidian, skeleton-like visage reflected the indescribable flames of the surrounding world, shining off colors that could not, should not, exist. 


The creature threw itself into the bloodied sea, thrashing about in displays of aggression, flaring in a manner of intimidation should any foe decide to test their luck against it. They flailed within the ocean, their limbs moving in such an unnatural manner it was strange to think this creature was even alive, aware of the pain any lesser creature might put themselves through by dislocating and reattaching their own extremities. Though what was living in a reality as young as this?


They waited and waited, never ceasing in their apparent madness fueled by a desire to kill, until finally they came to understand that there was no one on this planet to fight. Nothing to hunt down or consume. Besides the corpse which cast half on the world in its shadow there was nothing worth drawing its attention.


And so the charade ended, and the beast grew silent as it opened its maw to allow for something akin to a yawn. Really, it was more akin to gargles choking on blood. Gruesome, yet leading into strange patience not often displayed by drakes of such ferocity. 


Laying down within the sea of blood, the black scaled beast licked the wounds of its boney arms, keeping them clean of the wounds received from actual challengers. Competitors and warriors within the Depths, its home, who fought with whatever advantage they possessed to rise above the rest of their fellow rabble.


There were a few close calls that nearly ended in loss. They knew what defeat meant, even for an era where death was yet a concept to fear. Their were fates far worse than death, and for one who had yet to evolve, vulnerability of any sort needed to be dealt with before it was too late. Though the bones that made up this beast's body were sturdy, they could not last forever in battle. After a few hundred skirmishes they may even begin to grow brittle. 


And should they fall because of such a weakness then they’re likely to be consumed not long after defeat. Their form, their strength and power, serving their murderer, evolving them, making them far greater than they could become on their own. 


Only the strongest may survive the Depths, an ephemeral truth that was engraved into the very being of every Depthborn alive. From the youngest Whelp to the mightiest of Devourers. All knew this. All understood and accepted this fact of life which governed even the most minor of movements. This Drake especially, one of the last few to go unevolved in the fetal cosmos, understood the vulnerability they were forced to endure. While the rest of their kind gorged themselves happily, maddeningly, this one searched for the means to advance their strength. 


But though their might was lacking compared to their greater kin for now they still held superior strength in different traits. 


While the rest were free to spread across the cosmos and bleed both it and themselves dry, this one Beast knew that patience was a valuable asset to possess when wishing to grow. There was only failure for those who charged head first into battle, directly off of the wounds from a conflict prior. Only the foolish battled endlessly, seeking to stave off an inexhaustible hunger for destruction born of the need to survive through strength alone. The Beast could not blame its kind, however. 


It was their nature to challenge all things regardless of chances of victory. An intrinsic part of their being that had resided within each and every depthborn since the very beginning of their vicious kingdom. 


They needed to battle to survive, it was as simple as that. And though a basic truth, it was tiring for the extremely rare few that actually became aware of their own misgivings. 


For this intelligent Depthborn, the unending clashes were quickly growing bothersome and problematic. While there were not a great many things it could focus on other than combat, even in a fledgling cosmos there was a desire for aught else. A break in between the never ending bloodshed. The Depthborn Drake was one of the first of its domain to develop such thoughts, not growing disgusted by the necessity of violence but wishing for some other means of advancement. 


Whereas others in the Depth lashed out in aggression, using their unrefined, unfathomable forms to inflict grievous wounds on all opposition, this lone outcast waited while others acted in its place. It plotted; observing and analyzing, biding time until it was ready to attack. An ambush predator that would have seemed cowardly for its actions, but knew better than most how to make use of a golden opportunity when it presented itself. 


The chances of when it should strike. Its intellect was keen, second to so very few in an era this early. Even without the concepts of space and time, allowing for form and the shaping of potential, the Beast had managed to force onto itself a physical body through only its will power. If it had not it would be an even more chaotic mess than it already was.  


The lone invader was a powerful creature indeed. Not the mightiest within its domain, but still more so than the godly corpse that had inevitably summoned it. 


A terrifying thought to be sure, made even worse when one took into account how in the dawning of creation there were already a great many remarkable beings who dwarfed this godly carcass in both size and power. Denizens of the Depths among those numbers, of course, but those of other domains as well. Kingdoms that have yet to give themselves name and reason, but persisted in their efforts to exist. A respectable effort.


Pointless when faced with such cruel opposition, but respectable. Exceptional beings all, each worthy prey in their own right. But that was an effort to be made elsewhere, hunts yet to come for when the clarity of this brief moment of serenity has passed. 


As the beast licked their wounds clean they looked upon the sky of the desolate world, gazing off into the void with blood tinged vision, feeling the cold that came where no light, no life, could be found. Another form of peace, the chilling silence of nonexistence, reminiscent of the primordial chaos that had yet to be refined, allowing all for all possible things to transpire while simultaneously allowing for nothing of significance to occur. 


That is, until the silence soon came to be interrupted by… something new. 


The appearance was sudden, blinding even to a Drake who has seen countless, undying worlds set on eternal fire. Yet even blinded, the Beast knew of the radiance it was witness tot. Slowly at first, they stood but before crawling towards the corpse god’s body with speed that betrayed its own impressive size. While a mite compared to the corpse, it still proved a remarkably large monstrosity, each thunderous footfall creating waves within the crimson sea. They leapt forward, landing upon and scaling the mountainous body with ease, using their terrible claws to move from torn flesh to exposed bone. Never once did they take the time to dine upon the gargantuan body before them despite the boons they may develop, only caring for the incredible sight beyond. 


They ascended as far as the broken body could allow them, scaling until they came to a stop upon an exposed rib larger than any natural mountain it had seen. There, so close to the Void of space, they saw it. 


The first of its kind, younger than the Beast but possessing grandeur not seen elsewhere in an unfathomable, undefined existence.

  

A star, the first to be made, forged by some god, devil, or something perhaps greater. With it came space, and by extension definition of form. Refinement of not just the cosmos's design but also of those who once could not maintain their own identities, the Depthborn Drake included. Though they were among the first to force their form into stability, it was through their own willpower that it needed to be maintained. Now, with the concept of space having come into existence, such effort was no longer needed. 


Focus no longer needed to be maintained, but such freedom did not rise to the forefront of the creature’s thoughts. Instead, they found themselves transfixed upon the star. A small, weak, fragile thing possibly made by one even smaller and weaker yet still capable of possessing a beauty not seen elsewhere within the cosmos. Enough magnificence that even a beast of the Depths, intelligent though it may be, found its own natural instincts of destruction suppressed when faced with such a sight. 


Even when other stars began to flood the once pitch black void, all greater than the first, the Beast was only captivated by the one. 


A sun formed over the planet of the corpse god, bathing the world in light and granting onto it another new concept; life. 


True life, one that rises and falls like the tide of an ocean, not the chaotic existence that was early totality. With life, eventually, came time. The passing of centuries, millennia, coming and going in the blink of an eye as the paralyzing star continued to persist. Civilization, generations, all passed by before unblinking eyes as the body of the corpse god decayed over the course of, to the Depthborn Drake, mere moments. 


Life flourished around the once grim body and its sole visitor, both having come to be buried underneath beneath miles of planetary crust as time went on. Even when completely submerged beneath the planet's surface, however, the Beast continued to live, motionless, starved of its instincts yet still kept at bay, only ever needing to know of the star's presence to persist in their obsession. 


Such beauty had rendered its mind numb, and its nature dulled. Only when the star finally did die out, as all things eventually do now that true life had flourished across the cosmos, cultivated by divinity, did the petrification break. 


Only then did it become clear as to what had happened. Vulnerability exploited, and obsession turned disadvantageous. Hundreds of millions of years passed while the Primordial Beast remained unchanged, kept from the evolution it sought. What stranger wonders to have had their mind so engrossed in something that fizzled out so easily, lightyears away and offering nothing of value.. 


Tearing through the planet's surface, no longer bound as it had been before, the Beast turned its sights back onto the planet. No longer hellish, one might even call the celestial sphere beautiful. Its blackened sky had been replaced with one of luminous blue, reflecting the once crimson sea that had allowed for the Beast to breach in a now ancient past. The fires of abstract colors that once blanketed the planet’s surface were now replaced by fields of lush green and red, as well as  forests that fathered many wondrous species, and mountains that offered homes to those able to live within them. 


Early civilization proved as primitive as one might expect, being as young as they were. Still, they knew well enough to make use of their world’s resources, living in harmony with the planet rather than taking more than needed. 


A certain improvement over the state the bloodied world was once, yet still nothing compared to the star that proved all too captivating. No obsession would be found here, and thus no vulnerability would be exploited. 


Those with a quality for such growth would even admit that there was a certain radiance to be found here. Unfortunately that did little to sway the terror from the Depths, now a beast old enough to be considered a Primordial of its kind. A proto-Depthborn, some might say. 


Old instincts emerged upon witnessing the flourishing but young civilization. Hunger was chief among any emotion, as they had not dined in a millennium and the flesh of the corpse which once blanketed this planet had well and truly decayed away by this point. Though small, rodent sized compared to the beast that had emerged before them, these little creatures that tried to forge their own destinies would have to suffice for now. 


At least until the Proto-Drake could return to the cosmos and rejoin the bloodshed. It had eons of effort and work that needed to be caught up on.


To all that witnessed the form of the emerging monstrosity, their sanity shattered at a meager glance. The mind was the first to fall for those closest to the emergence. Failing to comprehend that which had existed since before the dawning of space and time. Why, the mere presence of the Beast seemed to warp reality, turn it foul to mirror its own innate aggression. The light itself shrank away, seemingly fleeing this horrible creature that would seek to snuff it out had they a physical body to attack. Those closest were the lucky millions that did not suffer long, unlike those who were further away and only managed to make out the growing silhouette on the horizon. 


They feel into madness, not granted the mercy of a quick death, unable to accept the reality that was this horror’s existence yet still managing to maintain their own faculties just long enough to turn upon one another in an orgy of indescribably frenzy, ripping apart loved ones and offspring with equal thirst for carnage. 


Even those that did not witness the creature’s emergence on the opposite end of the globe fell to their knees in despair when the rising nightmare sounded a soul crushing roar that instilled despair without description; fear that attacked more than the mind and soul, going beyond base horror. 


Having existed since before the dawning of time, the Deep Drake Beast still possessed qualities which defied the now forming laws of reality. Their existence, along with the existence of those who had lived as long as they, was an affront to the now establishing nature of totality. They could not be quantified in terms that would satisfy a sane mind, nor could they be reasoned with by even a frenzied and maniacal intellect. They stood beyond that even in this simplistic evolutionary form.


As they had suspected, even if hundreds of millions of years had passed, their temporary serenity was but a momentary distraction from the carnage needed to grow. Even more so now that it was likely left behind by stronger, more formidable kin. Thankfully no other Depthborn had found this world despite there being a tear to take advantage of. A stroke of fortune as now the Proto-Drake could take onto itself all that this civilization could be. Their future, their potential, it would take both for itself, harnessing such tormented power for desired ascension. 


They would serve as a remarkable stepping stone. 


The Depthborn Drake’s first roar tore the populace into a sniveling, cowardly mess that didn’t even know their own names, had they any to begin with that is. 


The second pierced the sky above, shattering the star which granted life to their small, little world. 


And as all fell to ruin once more, reminiscent of the old age before conception, the last many saw was the rising claw of a beast their mind could not fully comprehend. 


A silhouette of some wingless dragon that had risen from the earth to devour them all. 


***


So much time had passed since such early beginnings. Enough that so many more noteworthy events have occurred before the very eyes of the Depthborn Drake. Gods have risen and fallen along with the pantheons and domains they ruled over, all possessing names so old they are lost to even the most ancient of histories. 


Yet not one… not a single one, had ever been worth remembering. 


So why was it that now, at the strangest point of her life, did Cathay recall events of her own impossibly ancient past?


She had never given them thought before, letting ancient history remain only as such. There was no cause to think of the past, just as there had never been a reason to think of a future up until now. Nostalgia carried no weight for one such as Cathay, amounting to little more than a passing thought that was about as useless as the vast majority of apes on this speck of a planet called Earth. 


Cathay was confused


So much so that she hadn't even realized her own hair was being pulled. 


"Oh, wooow, this is a new record." Valerie said with a tinge of astonishment, the red head looking at her godlike girlfriend with surprise. Gazing into the glossed over, molten eyes of the cosmic being, they found that they had grown lost in thought once again. An increasing event that wasn’t getting any easier to handle. 


Initially believing they had just become keenly focused on their shared movie, a romcom horror Valerie had suggested, it wasn't until after the feature had finished did she see Cathay's demeanor hadn't changed a bit. "Should I get the spray bottle again?"


Snapping back to reality, the Ruler of the Depths tore her hair free from the female human's fingers. "You will do no such thing!"


With a chuckle, Valerie poked at the goddess's cheek, glad to see their senses had returned and uncaring of the danger they posed to their well-being. "I don't knoooow, you were really out of it this time. Almost a full hour. Was thinking i’d need some ice to wake you up.~"


Rolling her eyes, Cathay forced Valerie's hand away from her cheek with a simple motion of her index finger. An invisible force forced the human back, away from further annoying the mighty Ruler. From even this short distance they had time to admire their dear human's beauty. From their emerald green eyes, to their auburn hair. It was strange to think something as simple as a human could be so captivating. Several centuries back such thoughts would have been an impossibility, as was the prospect of ever being intimate with an ape. 


But then again, Valerie was no mere human. At least not in Cathay’s eyes. She was… special. 


Thus it came as no wonder that it was Valerie's exceptional looks which gave Cathay the idea behind her own human visage. A disguise, one that’s been tampered with, shaped, and structured over eons but only now has found real purpose. Taller and fiercer in terms of appearance when compared to lesser Earth females, Cathay wouldn’t deny that was stunning. Vanity was not lost upon her. Yet she would still be the first to admit that her precious human still triumphed in terms of beauty. 


A true diamond in the rough that was her insignificant species.


Valerie was a wonderful example of mankind's qualities in regards to their physical allure, a trait which still perplexed her despite having been with the human for some time now. That beauty remained even if they were currently working to test the almighty Tyrant's patience. 


Cathay's annoyance slowly gave way to a rather warm grin, and with the same invisible force used before they brought Valerie closer, placing a gentle kiss upon their forehead. "You are incredibly fortunate I find you endearing."


"You know you love it~." Valerie crossed her legs, getting comfortable as she placed herself upon her girlfriend’s lap. “Can deny it all you want but you’re an easy lady to read.”


The two shared the couch to watch their movie, wearing nothing but their own pajamas, and had agreed to keep on going until they both fell asleep. Such a mundane, admittedly pointless activity was normally beneath the most feared being within the Depths. Even less as she was an almighty Ruler of the cosmos. 


And yet there was strange enjoyment to be found in something so simple. 


While initially reluctant to admit it, these four months since leaving her domain have been rather fun. Was that the right word for this…? Fun? Cathay didn’t think such a thing was possible beyond pre-planned destruction, as hopelessly sad a thought that may be. Rather unexpectedly, it was Valerie’s teasing and often carefree demeanor the Ruler found most wonderful. To know what the person she was with truly was and yet still possess such a lovely smile. It defied all reason. Such an incredible display of either foolish naivety or brave idiocy. 


Sure, it grew annoying at times, but in many ways Cathay found herself enjoying these aspects of this new life of hers. 


It was admittedly tranquil compared to lording over her domain. A plane of existence that has existed as long as she has, and thus for the longest time had been the only thing Cathay knew. Death. Destruction. Chaos. All things that were naturally engraved within every cell of her being, yet being pushed aside by such fluffy feelings. 


Cathay wondered if she was getting sick.


Could a Ruler even GET sick!?. 


"So, what were you thinking about?" Valerie asked as she laid herself down, making use of her girlfriend’s taller size to treat them as bed. 


A rather crooked bed that sat up straight, but a bed all the same. 


"Anything interesting this time? Few Depthborn baddies coming up on the surface again? Should I give Gilah a call to take care of it?"


Cathay's body seized upon hearing that name. "No, no, there's no need to bother her…" 


She didn't wish to place any worry upon her old companion’s shoulders. Strong though they were, one of the strongest of this newer generation of Depthborn, this was not an issue that needed to be forced upon them. 


Besides, seeing the younger leviathan, after what Cathay had put them through over the year prior, would make for an awkward conversation. Something best avoided by everyone if able. 


Noticing the Ruler's reluctance Valerie smiled knowingly. 


She was aware of Cathay's old feelings towards her age-old friend, Gilah. Affection that wasn't returned, and instead was given to a human. An act which no doubt greatly wounded the Ruler’s pride. And to make matters even more complicated, Gilah’s own mate was the  youngest of the Armitage household, Valerie's own brother, Jason. 


To see those two again, after having caused them so much trouble, would just be something Cathay wasn’t capable of handling. And given her vast range of seemingly endless power, such a thing was concerning. 


Valerie would not push them towards such a route. Cathay needed time, patience, before seeing them again. "Then what's got you so messed up, Hon?" She asked instead, once more pulling at the Ruler's hair. Again, Cathay had to keep the human’s hands away from her, actually prying them off herself, otherwise it wouldn't be long before the braiding began. 


Long and unkempt at this time of night, Cathay would much rather leave her hair as is thank you very much. 


Already, the bold human had made attempts at dyeing the platinum blonde locks, even going so far as to try and change the green highlights within. It was quite the task to talk Valerie down from such actions once her mind was set upon them, even for one as feared as Cathay..


"Nothing of any real concern." The Ruler assured her little mate. "Just remembering some old history. Hardly anything worth recalling though. Memories, and nothing more.”


Valerie's head cocked slightly to the side, thinking on what sort of memories someone as old as Cathay might possess. "They wouldn't really be so pointless if you're remembering them though" She reasoned. "I don’t think nostalgia works that way."


“A pointless emotion, wasted on the Depthborn” Cathay replied, a tad but too quickly for Valerie’s liking. There was no hesitation in the retort, and perhaps even a hint of venom within. As though the denial of such a thing was despised. 


It was enough to throw them back slightly. A motion that was quickly noticed by the Tyrant of the Deep. Mentally cursing herself, she had forgotten to refrain from such comments. They could not be helped, such hate of something so simple being natural to her. Even now, after having given in to so many lesser emotions and living as a human to the best of her ability, such fondness of the past seemed ludicrous.


Cathay would never understand how Gilah could look upon such traits so favorably, or how Valerie expected anything less from the Ruler. But upon looking at the human’s concerned face, Cathay found herself racked with… guilt? 


Regret?


She truly must be coming down with some form of illness. 


“My apologies… I seemed to have lost my temper there for a moment.” Like the tide, the Ruler of the Depths could turn from a gentle wave to an angered tsunami, threatening all in its path. A fact Valerie had seen more than a few times in only four short months. 

 

Yet despite that level of danger Cathay posed to her, she remained honest and faithful to her chosen beloved. It was… odd.


Once more, Cathay remembered the star that had kept her transfixed for so long. Looking back on it now, she found it embarrassing to think something so small could ever hold her captive, even through beauty. Comparing it to Valerie now, a member of a race so small and weak that it had no right to exist in the same cosmos as her, and finding themselves captivated once more by their radiance, the cosmic Tyrant couldn't help but smile at the irony of having repeated history. 


"It was a star," Cathay finally answered. "The very first to be born, back when creation was still young…"


"...or rather, younger," there was still time aplenty for the cosmos to grow, a few billion years was hardly anything even now. 


That said, after all this time, to remember something such as that seemed so strange. Especially for her. "As I said, it's of no value."


"You really expect me to believe that?" Valerie wasn't buying into the statement. From what she could tell in the brief time she's known Cathay, nothing was ever that simple. Especially when it was in regards to someone as old as her. Still, there'd be nothing to gain from asking further if they did not wish to answer. "Guess it doesn’t matter enough then… must’ve been an incredible thing to remember though.." 


The Ruler thought back onto the memory before shaking her head. "It could hardly be considered special. Though it was the first that did not give it greater value over those that offered brighter light, or greater warmth. Truly an unremarkable ball of plasma." 


Speech like that never failed to remind Valerie that, despite wearing the skin of one, Cathay was by no means human. She was beyond that, far more ancient than any of the gods mankind worshiped, and leagues more powerful than most things dreamed up of a limited mind. 


That did not however mean she was unaware of humane displays of affection.


Taking Valerie’s hands into her own Cathay squeezed affectionately, never taking her eyes off of her dear human. "That said, no star in this universe or any other could ever hope to match your beauty."


Valerie fell silent as a blush formed upon her cheeks. There was that tide like personality again. An angered tsunami that calmed into a gentle wave. Despite their temperament their behavior could at times be admittedly sweet. Far from the terror known across the viewable universe and beyond. 


While their initial encounter was less than pleasant, with the towering form of Cathay's more haunting form having nearly crushed the human underneath their bare foot, Valerie had come to learn that the Ruler could be genuinely kind past any moments of anger or irritation. Like a human in many ways, only far more complex. After all, what creature of man could wipe out a solar system with a thought? 


It wasn’t long before Valerie found herself chuckling at the comment. "Oh wow… that is so…" Soft giggles soon gave way to full on laughter as Valerie couldn't help handle how cheesy Cathay's praise was. "Lame! Like, Oh my God Cath! That suuuuucked!"


Rather than grow embarrassed by the sudden teasing, the Tyrant of the Depths smiled, having already expected such a reaction. In truth, she had hoped for it. "Did it now? And here I was led to believe by these ‘informative’ features that such praise was enjoyed.” She played along. “Is that not the case? Could humanity, in their oh so magnificent understanding of emotions, have led me astray?~” 


“Assholes like that stuff, Cath. Or prissy little princesses!” Valerie explained, trying her best to keep her laughter at bay. “Do I look like some princess to you? A damsel that needs saving?” 


Valerie rested her arm over her forehead, feigning vulnerability which served to earn a soft chuckle from Cathay. The human’s nose scrunched in disgust. Even acting out something so cringe inducing was just… “Blegh!” 


Cathay snickered. “Blegh?” 


“Yeah… Blegh!


The Ruler didn’t think it possible for her to be amused by a human in such a way. Valerie was an oddity, even more so than her younger brother. Both highly resistant to the mind breaking power she and other beasts like her possessed despite only being human, meaning there was no worry of exerting too much of her near-infinite might. 


With that said, such action wasn’t really necessary as Valerie cared little for such displays, choosing to focus more on the woman in front of her rather than their godly powers. 


“You’re not ‘blegh’, are you Cath?” She asked with an all too innocent smile. There have been several who Valerie has dated that have used similar lines of adoration. Terrible, nearly every single one of them. 


“I don’t believe so, no.” She’d lived a long life. Far longer than the gods and devils so many worshiped and feared on this measly planet. Yet it wasn’t often Cathay was spoken to on such strange terms. More than equals, she treated Valerie as though she were a fellow goddess. Perhaps in her eyes she truly was. 


Usually Cathay was seen through eyes glazed over in terror and madness, feared by all but the most powerful or foolish. To not have any of that seen in a meager little mammal was a strange yet welcome change of pace that she was slowly growing used to. 


Valerie scooted forward, returning her girlfriend’s previous kiss with one on the cheek. “Good. Then you’re already better than those assholes.” 


The human sighed in satisfaction, at peace despite the danger of the being she laid upon. Neither she nor Cathay were uncomfortably, enjoying the feeling of their bodies against each other. What an addicting feeling this was, to love and be loved by someone so powerful. Valerie won’t lie and say she understood everything about Cathay.


The things she said or the domain she lorded over. But what she did know was that she was perhaps one of the few things in the universe that could ever bring them comfort of this level. 


There was a special sort of pride to be had in that. 


Reaching down to the floor, Valerie searched for the remote to the TV, looking to continue the pair’s movie marathon now that she had Cathay’s focus. “So, we didn’t get much from the romcom, but how about just a straight horror movie? No jokes, no comedy, just non-stop horror?” She suggested. “You seem like the type of gal who’d enjoy that sort of terror.”


It didn’t really matter what sort of film was chosen. Though Cathay knew that Valerie tried to find something they both enjoyed, the truth was movies didn’t really have any lasting affect on her. When you’ve seen what the entirety of creation has to offer, seen things not even the greatest minds could imagine, very few things had a lasting impression. 


That said, she’d follow through with whatever her dear human wished for. “Normally I prefer being the terror people run from. “Cathay explained with an almost wicked grin, licking her lips as she recounted the countless civilizations she’s burned in the last millennium alone. As she wrapped an arm around Valerie, a wing followed not long after, covering the two women and doing away with the need for any blankets. “But if you wish to watch something like that then by all means. Choose anything you desire.”


Unlike the horrible pickup line before, it was actions such as this which really worked for Valerie. Not bar level passes or gifts like chocolates and flowers, though the former would be a really great snack right now. 


It was showcases of simple intimacy like this which truly worked for the eldest of the Armitage family. 


Oh? Anything you say?~” Valerie’s bite down on her tongue upon hearing that, keeping herself under control while she was still able. Her demeanor changed to one of longing as she placed a hand upon Cathay’s thigh, slowly working her way inward. “Anything at all?~


Cathay knew that look. In only four short months she had come to expect such a sight every so often throughout the week. At least once or thrice, at times even six before Valerie has had her fill of ‘fun’. Like them, Valerie was a ravenous beast who found pleasure in games that others would certainly find strange. Extremely off putting in some cases.


 A true beast in the sheets, and one that was bound to go lurking at the slightest hint of arousal. Even one as powerful as the Ruler of the Depths found her breathing growing staggered the closer Valerie got to her intimacy. 


How about something like… last week?” Valerie questioned as she massaged the innermost area of the goddess’s thigh, so close to glory yet just away from the very edge, wondering how far she could take the all powerful being. This was where the true beauty of their relationship lied. Being able to force someone of such a level of power onto their knees with only the smallest bit of temptation. A treat they’d be begging for with the right amount of coercion. 


It went well beyond simply feeling divine. There were no words to describe such a sensation. “Give it to me straight Cath… you enjoyed being doll sized last week, didn’t you? While I worked my tongue between those lovely legs of yours?~” 


In an age long past, Cathay would have found it embarrassing to have been made a drooling mess by a human. More so when said human was a giant compared to her, having suggested, or rather ordered, the supposedly feared Tyrant to shrink down to the size of a little doll. 


The type you’d find for children


It was embarrassing… and yet incredibly invigorating. 


Valerie was more fierce than any cosmic king or queen in existence when push came to shove. And when in bed, there were none in creation who would dare give her an order. Cathay believed that whole heartedly. There were very few, practically no one, who could likely make the Tyrant squeal the way Valerie could. 


Worthy of being their new obsession. 


Their new shining star. 


There was no effort to return to the movies the two had planned to watch throughout the night. Something far more interesting had reared its little head, and both were more than willing to take advantage of this opportunity. 


“Cathay tried to keep her composure, her own face flushed red as she bit her lower lip in an attempt to maintain some form of faltering decency. “Let’s say that I did enjoy being such a ridiculous size. Were we to do anything n-now…ahh…” Valerie’s nails dug into the Ruler’s thigh, forcing a little moan from between their lips. “W-wo… wouldn’t that… get in the way of o-our movies…?” 


Valerie smiled, the desire to toy with the cosmic queen already outweighing every other flick she had prepared for them this night. “Who gives a fuck about some movies?” 


There was no stopping her once she got like this. Even one with the capability to do nearly anything they could think of would find themselves held down by their wrists at the hands of a lascivious Valerie. Thankfully Cathay had no intention of stopping her, allowing their dear mate the chance to bite into her neck. Guiding the Ruler onto their back, Valerie slipped her hand past the waistband of their pajama pants, possessing no desire to wait around with foreplay. 


She may as well skip to the fun part. 


Regardless of Cathay’s ancient past and the struggles she had faced, the present proved rather lovely despite having never been with anyone on this level of intimacy. Nothing of this sort of value existed within the Depths. Not in the present, and certainly not in the past. Love… was a weakness so easily exploited. 


But fuck if it didn’t feel incredible…


With Cathay’s presence on this little world, the Depths would no doubt be making their attempts at invading. It couldn’t be helped. It was their nature after all, to travel across creation and destroy whatever it is they came across. It was their way. 


Thankfully, for now, nothing too threatening would rear its ugly head. Mere pests compared to the greater horrors the domain had to offer. It was nothing that required immediate action. And even if it was, Cathay doubted whether or not she’d be able to intervene if she so wished to.


Something told her Valerie wasn’t going to be gentle


Good…

She preferred it when her Star was rough…






Chapter End Notes:

Here we are, back again, with another new addition to Eldritch Sweethearts. Right off the heels of Love in the Depths too. Took my time with this one. Turns out, it's hard to picture a young cosmology in this kind of setting. 


Who knew?



You know how this works, leave a rating and review if you enjoyed. And check out the other writers of Eldritch Sweethearts. 
Do it
Seriously 
HOW MANY DO ITS DO I GOTTA-



 



WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE CATH!? APRIL FOOLS ALREADY PASSED!