- Text Size +
"Ow!" it was a solid, low gasp. Not even a scream.

Hanna quickly grabbed a towel and covered her naked self.

It looked like a man. About 3 inches tall. Wearing some oddly shiny purple T-shirt, and a dark pair of pants. He crawled from underneath the cabinet. As he crawl out, he slowly stood and raised his arms.

Hanna watched, hugging herself. Suddenly, the fear turned to anger.

"You pervert!"

She kicked the tiny figure. It bulleted to a wall, where it hit with a slick sound akin to turning a page.

It laid down, motionless.

A different fear took over Hanna.

She slowly walked to the tiny figure.

It really looked like an ordinary human being, except for its size. It even felt like it. The brief contact she made with the kick confirmed that.

The tiny figure then moved, writhing in pain apparently. This made Hanna back away with a gasp.

She quickly removed the towel and piled it on him.

I better dress up before he regains strength, she thought.

So she did. A new bra, a comfy pair of shorts, a T-shirt, and a layer of baby powder. She got dressed quickly.

She then walked to the pile of towel.

She carefully removed it.

The tiny man is there and he's... smiling.

His eyes widened when the towel got removed. He looked at her. Then he quickly stood up and ran away... to the window?

Hanna grunted and swayed her left foot right at his face.

She pinned his tiny body, the entire lower half right under her still unwashed foot.

She squatted, taking a closer look. He started to struggle, so she pressed her foot harder.

"Arrhhh... stop! stop! halt! finish! end!!!"

He even sounded like a human.

The pressure subsided.

"Wha- wha- what... are you?" Hanna said, her voice just a step up from a whisper.

"End this, human! You are required to end this!"

Hanna's foot pressed harder. This time, her foot crawled up to cover more of the tiny man's body.

"Ahh!!! End! End! Stop!"

The foot stopped, now covering the man's chest and everything below. She could see his face squinting at the smell. In a rather gross yet oddly funny observation, Hanna noticed her foot sweating.

It is oddly funny, whatever is happening right now. Hanna even found herself smirking for some reason as she watched the fearful tiny man.

"Who. Are. You?"

The man stayed quiet, then looked at her with surprisingly sharp eyes, "Who? I- I am alien!"

"Alien?"

"Yes! I bet you humans haven't heard of us!"

Hanna then saw something in his eyes. It almost looked like... sadness?

"An alien, huh?" as if whatever's happening right now can't be more illogical!

"Yeah, now please end this!"

But it's not illogical at all! The meteor (They say it looked like a metal ball, her mom said), his size, and the weird way he talks!

Hanna's smirked widened into a grin. A gift from the stars...

"You're mine," she whispered.

The tiny man - alien - stared at her.

"Who are you," Hanna said with a stern voice, "what's your name?"

The man frowned, "I don't... I- Fine. You are allowed to call me Simon. Simon Nicks, I like that name."

Simon Nicks? Hanna thought, it sounds familiar.

Ah! It's the main character in one of the novels she read! Simon Nicks, the teenage rebel who overthrew a corrupt regime! She let out a burst of giggle.

She then looked down on the man. She pressed her foot harder on him, "I said, what's your name?"

It crawled all the way to his head. It's getting more gross: the sweat in her foot is turning into some sort of mud, dampening the tiny man's clothes. This made Hanna even more mad.

"Ahhhh!!! I don't know! Oh, it's bzzzzzzzzzzzz-"

Hanna's biggest toe pressed on his face. The wet digit is just as big as his head, as he struggle, his face get smeared in disgusting sweat.

Hanna grimaced and stopped.

"I don't have time for nonsense you fucking pervert. Now, tell me who you are or I'll fucking crush you like a bug you are."

The man's head appeared between her big and second toe, looking at her in utmost fear. He was trying to slow down his breathing.

No, he was... getting angry.

"Fine! I will tell who am I! I am a someone from a planet others call bzzzgwz! That's right! I'm a hzgbzzgwz! You can call me whatever you want, just like any other mooore big neighbors! Why? Because even primitive creatures like you think you're superior just because your more big!!! And it is up to us to adjust for you big concerns! Is it our fault if your stupid, primitive, big audio detecting organs can no hear low frequency of sound? Bzzzzz zzzzz zwzwzzwzzz zzzbzzbzzw!"

Hanna just stayed there, absorbing the tiny man's big rant.

"Go on! Kill me like a bug I am! That is what you look to creatures like me? You are all the same! No matter how primitive you are! You control small species! Just because you are big!"

The foot which is covering the man's entire body gradually freed him.

He stayed there, lying down, smeared in foot sweat.

"You... you said you hate it when people control you?"

"Of course! People, hzgzgghug, hzgghijkjk, bwwzzz z zzzzz zwwzbzb bzzz! The empire itself!"

The man suddenly fell silent..He looked around with worrying eyes, as if he is waiting for God himself to appear for saying such blasphemy.

For Hanna, it was too much to take. The only thing that caught her attention is how this man... this alien...

"Like... you wanted to be... free? And be yourself?"

The alien looked at her, almost in shock. He then looked downwards, to his sweat-soaked body.

Hanna suddenly giggled. God what the fuck is happening? she thought.

"It's like... it's like... we're the same!" the words came out of her mouth.

Then silence followed. Even Hanna was shocked.

The alien then... laughed. He laughed! He laughed like... like a person! What?!

But it was a comfortable laugh. Hanna began chuckling herself.

As if a competition began, the tiny alien's laughs grew louder.

Hanna also increased her volume.

The man then made it even louder. To the point that it's ridiculous. He looked like a lunatic. No, more like a very very bad actor.

This tickled something in Hanna. The very same bone that gets tickled when she was 6 and she saw someone make a funny face.

She also laughed louder. It was indeed a funny face!

As the room got filled with uncanny, almost humorless giggles, it slowly subsided.

"No," the tiny man began, "we are not the same, human. Not the same. Not."

"Yeah," Hanna said, nodding and wiping her tears. At this point, she won't be surprised if she woke up on a bed in one of Melanie's rooms. "Not the same."

She put a hand on the tiny man, trying to pick him up. The man crawled away in fear.

She smiled and offered her palm instead.

"Hop in!"

The man jumped, but not into her hand.

"No, I mean," she stifled a giggle.

The man sat there. Staring at her. His expression serious.

Hanna sighed and sat in front of him.

"So, Simon isn't it?"

The man rolled his eyes, "Call me whatever you want human, like I said, your useless big tongue won't be able to pronounce anything in our language!"

"Okay Simon. Now... why did you get here?"

Simon rolled his eyes again, "by a vehicle you brainless creature! As far as I know, all you can manage is to travel to your stratosphere!" the man then snorted and giggled.

"So that was a spaceship! Wow!"

"A what? Oh yeah, yes, a spaceship! I do remember."

She then frowned, "what I mean is... why. Why are you here in our planet?"

Simon's gaze then turned cold, like a campfire which got distinguished by a bucket of ice.

"I will not tell you why I am here in your planet, human. Definitely not to you! You are a young person in a planet where seniority is important! I bet you can't -"

"Shut up!" Hanna suddenly said.

He fell silent, letting out a smug smile.

Hanna just stared at him, he definitely said something that hit her right at the core. She can feel her blood boiling, her nostrils letting out steams.

Simon didn't utter a word, but he showed zero fear.

She stared at him with wide, hateful eyes. She's trying to intimidate him. But he just stare back at her with a neutral expression.

After seemingly hours of a humorless staring contest, Hanna exploded into a giggle.

Of course! I said shut up! So he shut up!

She slapped the floor next to Simon, who squinted away. He's confused.

She then stared at the tiny man. Observing the tiny creature. Dark, curly hair. A slightly round face. A nice set of eyes... he looked quite human. Underwhelming in human standard sure, but how many tiny humans can one see on earth?

"Tell me," Hanna began, almost giggling, "you read Thunder Flower didn't you?"

Simon frowned, "How can... what?"

"How do you know Simon Nicks? Don't tell me it's a coincidence?"

"Oh!"

He then looked at Hanna's bookshelf.

"You..." Hanna said and broke into laughter again.

"I gotta learn your area's customs and language you know. I read several books there. I'm a fast reader, and a fast learner too!"

Hanna stared at him. The meteor landed last night, and he read several?

Sensing her confusion, Simon said, "I mean quick. Quick reader, quick learner."

Hanna got more comfused.

"Rapid! Rapid learner! I mean... high veloci-"

"You've been here all night?!" Hanna said, she felt exposed. "Why?"

"Why? My vehicle landed here! And this is the nearest structure. And there are many writings to learn about!"

Hanna wasn't convinced. Her hand began to fly to him.

Simon crawled away. So Hanna quickly snapped her arm like a snake, effortlessly grabbing his right leg. She pulled and lifted his body. She dangled him right in front of her.

"You. You really are a pervert, don't you? Hiding in my wardrobe?"

Hanna joyfully watched the man try to struggle as he danged upside down in front of her. It somehow gives her a funny feeling. The feeling of... power?

Simon stopped struggling, "look human, I am no sure what you mean by that, but if you think I want to use malicious tactics to gain access to your reproductive functions, you're stupid. I'm a hzgbzzgwz! Why would I reproduce with a big, stupid human?"

Hanna stared at him, squinting at his smell. He smelled like foot sweat. Gross!

She dropped him on the floor.

He got up on all fours. Then Hanna's index finger pinned him on the ground again. The finger stayed there, its owner giggling as he struggle.

"You're fun!" Hanna said, "even more fun than most of my fellow humans."

"Fun?" Simon seemed offended, "well human, I am telling you that I am not fun!"

"But you are, little guy!"

"Shut up!"

The finger released him.

The man sat up, "are you happy now?"

Hanna giggled, "of course! I've never felt like this in a while. I've never thought I'd have an alien friend."

"A friend?" Simon said, "like... a companion?"

"Yes!"

Simon giggled at this, "a friend huh? I... I guess I got a big friend now."

Simon's fear visibly got thawed in an instant. He looked up at her with a seemingly genuine smile.

Hanna shifted and leaned on her bed. She put her palm in front of Simon.

"Hop in. Like... go on here"

This time, Simon understood. He hopped into her palm.

"So tell me honestly. Why are you here?"

Again, Simon understood, "I... I will fight for freedom."

Simon understood another thing: the frustrating feeling of being controlled.

Simon gave her a look that says, what a fool. While Hanna gave him a look that says you're mine.