- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The consume starts...

 Jeremy woke up naked. His head was pounding, and his vision was blurry. He found himself on the wooden floor of his room. However, when he saw the enormous dust particles, he realized what had happened. Somehow he had shrunk, just like in cartoons. Everything was huge, and he could even see thousands of viruses, bacteria, dust particles, and microbial spores flying around in the air. But the real chaos erupted when he saw Aunt Lucy's giant face. He screamed as he trembled. Aunt Lucy was looking at the child, who was now a dust particle on the ground.

"Aunt Lucy, what happened! Help me!" Jeremy cried and began to run away.

"I can't hear you, sweetheart, but I'll tell you this: this shrinking process cannot be undone. You'll be a dust particle forever!"Aunt Lucy said with a grin as she caught him with the tweezers she had taken out of her pocket. Then she took out another box and pressed a button. A tiny camera, small enough to stick to Jeremy's forehead, flew out of the box and attached itself to him.Aunt Lucy pressed a button on her phone.

"Let the recording begin!"

****************************

 Amanda had prepared two russian salads and had already sat at the table.Lucy was still looking at her phone when she arrived.Lucy discreetly dropped the child in her salad with the tweezers, then started the conversation.

****************************

 Jeremy found himself as if he had fallen into a forest in the middle of an ocean. The plate was now a geographical surface for him. He looked around in fear. Everything had happened so quickly. Aunt Lucy had just come to his room a moment ago, and now he was at his mother's dinner table... oh, no, it couldn't be...

 Jeremy began to climb to the top of the salad as if he were climbing a tree and looked up to call his mother. But she was no longer the person he knew as his mother.

 The person he used to know as his mother was now considered a goddess. Her huge mouth with plump lips was like the closed mouth of a galactic-sized wormhole. Her eyes were like those of a god. Details that a human eye could not see before were now visible on her face. The pores on her white skin, blackheads, peach fuzz that was now the size of a bush. Tiny face mites wandering on her cheeks... Thousands of details that her soul had never felt in her daily life... Her big nose was now at a threatening level. The already large nostrils were now like black holes. When Jeremy looked, he saw that his mother's nose hairs had spread like a forest in her nose. Deep inside the hairs, the mucus had spread like a poisonous chemical. Her giant nostrils widened with each breath, mercilessly drawing in the thousands of viruses, microbes, dust particles, and dust mites that were flying in the air along with the air. Unknowingly, she was killing millions of creatures in her snot. Even the saliva that came out of Aunt Lucy's mouth when she spoke hit her face and, with the breath she took, went inside her nose. He was no longer her son. He was just a microbe, a protein, a biological particle...

****************************

"Everything is ready, sister Amanda, you just need to sign a couple of papers. We'll take care of it when we leave. So, how are you"

"I'm good, as I should be. I'm so sorry about your brother.I've heard the news."

"Thank you."

"But there's nothing to be done. Life is a race, and like any race, there are winners and losers. You are either the pred or the prey. Sorry, sweetheart. Nothing personal."

Lucy gritted her teeth.

" Remember when we were in school, everyone worked hard for exams. Meanwhile, I would get all the copies and ready-made assignments with just a little trick from a nerd. While the girls who worked day and night for university exams had to repeat the year, all I had to do was open my legs slightly for a wealthy man. Now, the annual salary of girls who work hard for Oxford and Harvard is not even half of my monthly alimony." she said and ate a spoonful of salad.

****************************

Jeremy was screaming, trying to avoid his mother's spoon. His mother was taking the spoon, which was the size of a lake, to her gaping mouth full of saliva, and when the spoon came out of her mouth, there was nothing left to eat. Her mouth smacking sounds were like those of a monster. With an excessively watery gulp, she was taking a bunch of organic material to trap it in her stomach forever. Her adam's apple downward movement showed that there was no turning back for anything entering that throat.

****************************

"I'm sorry, but your brother was weak, sheepish, and became food for a wolf. Cry as much as you want, deny it, my darling, immorality is a crime, etc., but these are the facts."

"You're right, sister."

Amanda ordered the maid to bring a plate. When she opened it, there were ant-sized live shrimps that were moving arounds. Amanda pointed to the shrimps:

"Look at them, how they try to escape helplessly. As if they had a chance," she said and poured them all onto her plate. She took another spoonful and gulped the shrimps down.

"But life is cruel. They are the prey, and I am the hunter. It is their fate," she said as she struggled to move the shrimps around in her spoon, and swallowed them all in one bite.

****************************

 Jeremy watched the hundreds of shrimps fall and scream. They were almost his size. He could read and hear their screams from their eyes. As a mother shrimp was trying to hug her children, Amanda's spoon rose from the altar and began their last journey towards her mouth. After devouring them without any care, her spoon headed straight for Jeremy. Panic flooded Jeremy's brain. He tried to swim in the opposite direction of the mayonnaise, among the screams of other shrimps. Until he felt a sudden G-force lifting him up.

****************************

"Well, what do you think about your son Jeremy? Can somebody harm him? For example me?"

"You don't seem to understand what I am darling. I am already at the top of the food chain, honey. Jeremy is my son and my everything. I would die for him if anything happened to him. Would I let anything happen to my precious son? You can relax. Whether you like it or not, you cannot harm my son. You don't have the power, and I will thwart any small attempt of yours in an instant. " she said. Then, she brought the spoon which Jerems was in the middle to her mouth.

****************************

The spoon was in front of his mother's enormous lips. Together with the shrimps, Jeremy was screaming and looking at this monster's mouth. Then the mouth began to open. The doomsday had come. On the floor of the opened cave, a deep crimson tongue stretched out like a soccer field. Faces were getting ready to suck on it. his mother's pearly white teeth had turned into killer rocks. There were saliva bridges everywhere from teeth to palate, palate to tongue. The shrimps were struggling on his mother's deadly tongue, clinging to taste buds, even if it was useless, not to go towards the throat. Like a destructive crane ball behind the cave, his mother's uvula was swaying menacingly every time she breathed. Little red spots were visible on the swaying piece of flesh. Saliva was stenching from the uvula to his mother's tongue.

Jeremy stuck to his mother's tongue as if he had hit a bed. Then an ocean of saliva dragged him from the tongue as if he were on a waterslide. Her mother was lighting up the cave every time she chewed. Finally, he managed to grab onto a sticky taste bud. The taste buds were like pilates ball. Food particles and saliva were scattered everywhere.

The screaming shrimps were being shredded by his mother's molars, and the baby shrimps crying and looking for their mothers which being crushed under the chewed-up pieces. The scary gastric sounds coming from the throat echoed in his mother's mouth like in a cave. The uvula was swaying more aggressively from the resulting whale-like sound waves.

Then the surface began to tilt. The massive organic parts began to disappear into the darkness of the throat. The shrimps were easily sent down her throat by her mother on saliva. Jeremy was holding onto the taste bud with all his might on the deadly waterslide. The tongue was now almost vertical and trying to send the last remaining debris on it to the boiling pot that was her stomach. When Jeremy dared to look down like he was on the edge of a cliff, it would be his last mistake. When he saw the bottomless pit, the horror that arose caused the last of his strength to leave his muscles. Rolling over the taste buds on the tongue, like a trash bag thrown from a hill, he disappeared into the darkness of the beast's esophagus, who was once his mother.

He was now just a prey.


------------ 1 Week Later------------


 Amanda was sitting helplessly in her chair, waiting. She had reported her son missing to the police and was waiting by the phone with a tiny sliver of hope that he could call at any moment. Since that day, Lucy had disappeared without a trace.

She was crying uncontrollably, her eyes bloodshot from sleepless nights, and her skin had turned yellow from lack of eating. However then the notification sound came.

She quickly picked up her phone. A video had come from an unknown number. Who could it be and what was it? There was no explanation. She began to watch the video with curiosity. At first, there were animals in a meadow, lions and gazelles. It seemed like a wildlife documentary. Then the lions started chasing the gazelles. At that moment, the narrator began to speak:

"Life is cruel, and in this wild world, you are either the hunter or the prey."

The lion easily caught the gazelle.

"What the prey feels, their family, or their dreams, it doesn't matter to the hunter. Because the hunter is hungry, they will eat."

The lion began to tear apart and eat the gazelle mercilessly.

"No matter how much they cry, they cannot prevent the inevitable. No matter how much they object, even if it is considered savage and immoral, in the wild world, the strong will crush the weak."

Then the video cut and another image appeared on the screen. The camera on Jeremy's forehead was showing the perspective just after the child had fallen onto the plate. His voice and screams were heard. The camera was playing Jeremy's experiences second by second that day. When it showed that Amanda's stomach acid had started to dissolve Jeremy's flesh, a line was heard. This line was spoken by Amanda.

"You are either the pred or the prey."

The recording ended when the camera was destroyed by stomach acid. Amanda was staring at her phone with blank eyes. She was just standing there like a dead person...

Chapter End Notes:

Don't forget to leave a comment ^^