- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 3/6

---------

I tend to be a pretty heavy sleeper. Noise, light, and temperature rarely wake me. I didn't even think that motion would do it, until I feel the floor begin to shake. I stir, slowly, blinking as my eyes adjust to the light. I'm in a bed that isn't my own, in a place that I don't recognize. That might be cause for alarm, if not for the fact that I hear Andrea's voice in the room, mumbling something to herself.

"Oh, right. I'm small."

I kick the cotton 'sheets' off of me and hop out of my 'bed'. I stretch my tired body as I look out at the enormous woman in the distance. I can see her in the kitchen, behind the island. This apartment, being as small as it is, has it connected to the living room. You'd think with how much I pay her she could afford someplace nicer. She must be not be a big spender. Her choice, I guess. As long as she does her job, I couldn't give less of a shit how she lives her life.

"Hey, Andrea, make me a coffee while you're over there!" I yell, laughing at myself. I know she can't possibly hear me from way over there.

I hear the clattering of what sounds like a plate and a cup. She seems to be going about her morning routine. My suspicions are confirmed when she comes out from behind the counter with a piping hot drink and plate of food in hand. Though, my eyes are focused on anything but the food. She's dressed in a black nightie with lace around the top and very thin straps. It ends at about mid thigh, the vast material moving with the sways of her hips. She's showing a lot more skin than I'm used to at the shop.

"Damn, what a great start to the morning..."

She comes over to the table, not once looking down. She sits down on the sofa, stretching her legs out onto the table. The heels of her feet land not too far from me with a an earth-shattering boom. It's akin to a bomb going off, minus the heat and flying debris. The force causes the table to shake violently, knocking me several feet into the air. I land painfully on the hard surface. The process is repeated as her other foot comes down like a meteor. I've experienced earthquakes before, but this is something else. I ride out the aftershocks, until all has gone still again. She places her plate in her lap, giving me a look at the jam on toast that she prepared. Bringing her cup to her lips, she blows on it, before taking her first sip.

"Mmm..."

Picking myself up, I stare at her in disbelief. I've never known her to be so careless, even in her worst moments. Had her feet been slightly to the left, they would have landed right on me! Did she forget I'm here? Judging by the dark circles under her eyes, she must be tired. But even so, she can't be that tired! Not when my life is on the line! My stare turns into a glare, watching her eat her breakfast without a care. She's in another world entirely, relaxing as if she's got the room to herself.

"Andrea! What the hell was that!" I yell at her, jumping up and down and waving my arms. "You could've killed me!"

I find it a lot less funny when she doesn't hear me this time. I grit my teeth in frustration, deciding to take matters into my own hands. I guess I'll have to make myself known. I run over to her left foot, my destination, her heel. As I approach the towering feature, I begin to notice how much dust has accumulated on the sole simply by walking barefoot through her home. Each piece of dust or lint is easily as big as a semi.

Coming right up to her, I begin to feel the familiar heat of her body. There's a slight smell of sweat from the night before. I try to ignore it as I pull my leg back then swing it forward with all my might, giving her a swift kick. My shoe hits the dense skin without making so much as a dent. If anything, I might have hurt myself more than her. That only makes me angrier. I give her a the wall of flesh a punch, and then another. I keep going until my knuckles begin to feel raw. 

Still, nothing.

"This is pointless! How the hell is she supposed to feel me when I'm smaller than a speck..."

In my anger I give her one more hard kick, which seems to get me a response. The floor shakes again in response to her movements. High above, she's curling her toes. Two of them press against each other, producing a loud crack from the knuckle. Her foot then relaxes, her toes still wiggling idly.

Her movements cause some of the dust on her foot to dislodge, raining down onto me. I have no time to run, as the accumulated filth from her floor buries me. I feel the weight of literal dust weigh me down. Thankfully, I'm a strong guy. My build allows me to dig my way out, albeit with some struggle. Just as I've freed my upper body, I feel something new, something much larger, hit me. I lands on my chest, pinning me on my back. I don't immediately realize what it is, my instincts telling me the trunk of a tree just fell from the sky. 

The realization hits me like a truck. This huge, long thing...is nothing more than a fallen hair. Its deep brown color tells me it came from none other than Andrea. I push against it, straining my muscles, but it doesn't budge. I struggle and twist, trying anything. Maybe better leverage will allow me to move it? I push against it until I'm red in the face. No, it's clear that this single, strand of hair is far too much for me. God, that's so difficult to admit. To think, I wanted her to feel my blows when I can't even lift a damn hair. 

"I take it back, this morning fucking sucks."

I lay there for a few minutes, catching my breath. It's difficult, due to the dusty air and sweaty scent. It feels thick, like I could bite into it. I can't believe that the person who could be helping me is literally an inch away and yet unaware of my predicament. I knew being small would make me dependent on her, but this is difficult to swallow.

"Oh my, Boss!" I hear her cry out. An earthquake follows as she finally moves her feet off the table. Doing so inadvertently launches more filth my way, burying me again after I'd climbed halfway out. I sense movement, the winds produced as she kneels beside the table manage to blow the dust out of my fast, letting me see again. The next thing I know, I'm met with Andrea's huge face in mine. Her huge eyes stare at me with a mix of worry and guilt. "I forgot that you were here. I cannot believe I put my feet in your face, sir. Please forgive me."

Her fingers carefully grab onto the hair, removing it from me effortlessly. She then leans slightly closer and purses her lips. A powerful gust comes my way, clearing the dust from the area and into the air, freeing me. Even with her blowing so gently, my butt begins to slide as I'm pushed back. She then leans in a little closer to inspect me, checking on my condition. In her panic she must have forgotten that I'm difficult to see, let alone make out little details.

I watch her expression change, as if she's worried. No, it's not quite that either. It's more like disgust? Her eyes no longer focus on me as she scrunches her nose. She sniffs, and then her eyes close for a moment. Her mouth opens as though she's about to say something, but no words come out.

"Acheeoooo!"

Suddenly, a storm of wind and fluid unlike anything I've seen before blasts in my direction. While he gentle puff of air a moment ago was enough to physically move me, this is another thing entirely. I close my eyes and put my arms in front to myself to block the brunt of it, only to be impacted by something large and wet. It launches high into the air. My eyes are still closed, so I have no clue how far I'm flying, but even so I'm well aware that my body is spinning hopelessly as I do. 

All of this happens in the span of two seconds. By the end of it, I feel myself land on a relatively soft ground, my body drenched in water. I try to sit up, but I'm stuck in a glob of something sticky with an unpleasant smell. Remaining still for the moment, I try to make sense of where I am. All around me are tall, thick trees of fiber that are as tall as buildings. The world is entirely gray and covered in large dust particles as big, if not bigger, than those on Andreas foot. I look to the sky, seeing the bottom of what looks to be a table high above me.

"She fucking sneezed on me. Sent me off the table and into her shag carpet..."

It then dawns on me that the fluid I'm trapped in is a chunk of mucus she just sneezed out. I wretch, feeling disgust spread through my body. I'm coated in the stuff, even beneath my clothes. I guess all that dust in the air must have irritated her nose. That's still no excuse! She could have turned her head!

I try to pull myself out of it, to no avail. Like with the dust and that hair, I'm too weak to remove it. How goddamn pathetic. A basic bodily function nearly killed me. How the fuck am I supposed to live this down...

I feel the ground quake again, more intensely than before. Wiping some of the slime from my face, I try to turn my head to look over at the source of the commotion. A shadow falls over the area as something huge lands not too far from me. I see an incredible pillar of flesh, stretching into the sky. An arm, I realize. Straining my neck against my sticky prison, I follow it up to the torso high above me.

"Boss? Hold on, I'm going to find you. Please be alright. I was so careless..."

The giantess in on her hands and knees crawling on her carpet. Her eyes scan the area for any sign of me, among the jungle of carpet fibers. I follow her gaze, which seems to be looking in the entirely wrong place. Just my luck! this situation couldn't get any worse. No, wait, it can. Already, the heat of the room is causing the mucus to dry up. If it fully stiffens, it'll be like solid rock to me. At that point, I'm basically a goner.

"Fucking hell. What a way to go."

Another powerful boom is felt as her body moves, her focus moving in my direction. Suddenly, her gaze seems to meet mine. She lowers her body slowly, as if to drop it on me, but doesn't. Her eyes light up when she see me.

"Boss! Stay still, I will have you out of there in no time. I have a dust allergy, I could not help it."

With extreme care, she plunges her nail into the glob and digs me out along with a substantial amount of the stuff. I feel another rush of wind as she moves. I don't care about where she's taking me, only that I shake off as much of this shit as I can. By the time I'm mostly clean of the stuff, rather as clean as I'm going to be, I find myself being placed back on the table. I climb off her nail, returning to the area near my bed.

"Boss, I don't know what to say. I am mortified. I am ashamed. I wish I could take back the last few minutes. Please, forgive me. I will do better."

I don't even look her way, I'm just that pissed off. Never in my life have I been humiliated like this! A man like me doesn't get humiliated. I'm above this. How dare she treat her superior in this way, that ungrateful bitch. When I'm back to normal, oh boy, she's going to pay. I'll make her feel even worse than I do right now.

"Thankfully I noticed that wet spot on my carpet. Had I not, you might have still be there now."

She tries to smile, but it comes off as forced and awkward. It feels insulting. Does she even hear what she's saying? Her snot was easier to see than me. That's how little I am now. A speck, a literal nothing. I'm speechless.

Andrea then reaches for her plate, which has been sitting on the sofa beside her, and breaks off a tiny chunk of bread and jam. She places the offering near me, the building-sized food item bigger than anything I could eat in a month. She then hurries to the kitchen, returning with a bottlecap filled with water. It's enough that I could swim in it.

"I am sure you are feeling hungry by now. How rude of me not to offer such an important guest something to eat and drink. Please, have your fill. You might also want to bathe, especially after what I put you through. Feel free to use what you do not drink for that."

As angry as I am, the sight of food, water, and a bath is too much. I put my anger aside and begin to fill up on everything she gives me, although I'm really not in the mood for jam at this point. It replenishes the energy I lost in the ordeal. In the meantime, Andrea leaves to give me some space, returning to her bedroom. Good riddance, I was getting sick of her already. Once I'm done eating, I climb up the side of the bottlecap and dive into the pool of lukewarm water. I clean off any remaining filth from the only pair of clothes I currently have, yet my feelings of earlier are harder to wash away. I'm not as angry as before. This is something else. Something I'm not sure I have a name for.

Andrea returns after some time, now dressed in her work attire, at which point I decide to climb out. I leave my soaked clothes on, since the warm temperature of the room combined with my own body heat should be enough to dry them. It's better than walking around naked. The giantess sits down on the sofa across from me, bringing with her an assortment of items. I see she's got her work notebook, a pen, the shrinkray, and a pair of walkie talkies. The professional kind, not some plastic kids' toy.

"I hope you enjoyed the meal, Boss. If you are craving anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to tell me. I will do my best to bring it for you." Her expression is serious again, no longer flustered like before. She picks up one of the walkie talkies and places it on the table near me. Aiming the shrinkray at it, she presses the red button and reduces it. The hulking piece of equipment disappears, reduced to almost nothing before my eyes. "I was thinking about how we could communicate better. None of this would have happened if I had been able to hear you. With this, your voice will be audible without having to ride around in my ear."

I walk over to the spot with the now-tiny item and pick it up. Holding it in my hand, I notice that it's light. That comes as a relief after being unable to push dust particles away. I hold down the side button and speak to test it out.

"Andrea?"

I hear my voice replayed at a far louder volume from the other device on the sofa. I wait for Andrea to pick it up to answer me. She doesn't do that, instead reacting with a faint smile, confirming she heard me.

"Oh, right. You don't need to use yours."

"I am happy to do that, if you prefer."

"No, it's fine. At least you can hear me now. Keep that thing charged, alright?"

"Yes, Boss. Though, its battery should last the week, even with excessive usage."

"If you say so."

"Boss," She begins. "if you are feeling up to it, I would like to discuss the plan. I will need help keeping the operation active. I would also like to help you sort out your situation."

"My situation is none of your business. Do what I told you and focus on your assignment. I'll answer questions about that, if you need. I'm surprised someone like you needs help with anything, honestly."

"Is that a compliment, sir?"

"It means you aren't living up to my expectations." I sigh, fed up with her. "Let's get this over with."

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please review and let me know what you think. 

You can read the next chapter early on my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=79288680