- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 2/6

----------

A sudden bright light envelops me, making my body tingle. I feel an external force, as if I'm being pulled on in multiple directions, before losing my balance. I close my eyes, enduring the strange sensations until they ultimately subside. Only then do I open my eyes and look around.


If I didn't know any better, I'd say I'd been transported to some cold, alien world. The ground is unnaturally flat and smooth. I realize I'm standing on one of the floor tiles. To my left is the leg of a chair, a structure easily as big as a building, but much taller. There's a few more of them, being the legs of the table and the other chairs.


"Oh my." A thunderous voice rings out from high above. 


Before I can look up, I'm knocked flat on my face by the shaking of the ground. Three powerful tremors, pound the ground as something massive approaches me. I clamber to my feet and look ahead to see a black hill in the distance. Two of them, actually. It takes me a second to realize that the 'hill' is merely the toe of a high-heel shoe. 


I follow it up to the pillar of flesh that's connected to it. I make out a knee, at least a few kilometers above. Beyond that is the hem of a skirt. My gaze continue to climb, my head craning back in the process. I see hips, wider than city blocks, a waist, slimmer to match the body's frame, a chest, hugged tightly by a button-down white shirt, and eventually a face, all the way up in the sky. Long, brown hair crowns the top of the living mountain, tied neatly in a bun. Though my mind isn't ready to accept it, I know that this enormous entity is none other than Andrea.


The ground rumbles again as the colossal woman lowers her body. Darkness envelops the area as I'm cast in her shadow. Her knees touch down first, followed by her hands. Two palms, each easily as big as stadiums, land on either side of me. There's a considerable distance between me and her thumbs, though in reality it's probably just a few cenimeters. I hear the sound of clothing shifting and rubbing against itself as she gradually lowers herself on all-fours. Her face, now ridiculously huge to me, descends upon me, until she's close enough to make out my form. Her pupils shrink considerably, locking onto my position. She squints, straining to maintain that focus on me.


"Is that you, Boss?" Her breath causes a strong gale to blow through the area. She's keeping her voice down for my sake, but even so I'm nearly blown away by her faintest whisper. "I can see you. Here, please climb onto my finger."


Her upturned hand moves toward me, the index finger extended in my direction. Her knuckle touches down on the ground with an audible thud, laying her long, painted nail out for me to climb aboard. Again, she keep it a considerable distance away, just to be safe. I jog over to it. I slow to a stop once I reach the hard, purple plate. It's thicker than I am tall. I reach my arms up, but mind myself unable to reach the top without a small jump. Grabbing hold of it, I heave myself over and onto it.  


From there, I begin walking up its curvature, to the edge where the skin is pressing againt it. Using the natural bumps and ridges of her skin as leverage, I begin a short climb up to the pad of her finger. All the way, I can't help but take notice how strange the patterns of her fingerprint are. I glance at my own fingers, comparing them to hers. My curiosity takes a backseat as I overcome the steep part and the ground begins to level out. I walk to the middle of the area, since my dark clothes will stand out better there against her pale skin.


"Please hold on. I'm going to move now." Andrea informs me, giving me little time to react. 


The ground moves, causing me to lose my footing and fall on my ass. I feel intense winds on my face and a sense of unnatural gravity, which serve to throw me flat on my back. I stare upward, at the titaness' face, whose gaze never leaves me as we rise. Up we go, at speed I don't even want to think about, high into the sky. The world around me blurs, making it impossible to see anything but her. After what feels like forever, I feel her movements begin to slow down. 


Her hand, held at around hip-level, continues to rise, bringing me higher still. I manage to sit up, just as her hand begins to twist. It turns inward slightly, but that's enough to make me slide. Her finger is curling, forcing me down its length. I rush down past the first crease, then the second, eventually coming to where the entire thing meets the palm. My slide doesn't end there, forcing me across the wide plain, towards its center. Finally, as I approach the large, diagonal crease in the middle, her hand becomes level once more. I manage to stop right at it's edge, my legs dangling over the shallow trench.


"My apologies, Boss. I meant to keep you on my finger. You're not hurt, are you?"


I look up at Andrea's face, just as big as it was when I was on the ground. I must be really high up to be seeing it like this.


"Fuuuuuck that was scary. Watch your hands, will ya?" I respond, forgetting how inaudible my voice is. It takes a few seconds of silence for me to remember that there's absolutely no way I'm going to be heard.


I feel my ground move again, as I'm brought closer to her face. Her head turns, amd I'm brought to her ear. I stare at it, into the dark cavern of her ear canal. It's unsettling just how big something like that is to me now. 


"Please make your way inside my ear. Despite your size, I should be able to hear you." She suggests, tilting her hand once more. 


I begin to slide again, travelling through the trench of the crease like some sort of slide. Thankfully she had the sense not to tilt too much, otherwise I might've fallen right off. I find myself near the edge of her hand, opposite the thumb, where the crease continues off the side. I can't complain all that much, since it would've taken me a while to cross all that distance on foot. I approach the edge and peer over, gauging the drop. It can't be more than a centimeter, but it looks more like several floors. I know that tiny things tend to be sturdier, but I can't help my hesitation.


"Here goes...!"


I step off and fall into her ear, landing on the oddly soft ground below. Having felt me, I watch her hand fall away, disappearing out of sight. I hurry deeper inside, worried that being too close to the entrance could be risky. I walk until I'm at a place that I feel is safe. I find a place that's far from any of the wax boulders that populate the cavern and sit down. I guess that even an ear as clean as hers still has some of this stuff. Cupping my hands around my mouth, I yell her name again at the top of my lungs.


"I can hear you, sir. I apologize if I was rough. I've never handled anything so tiny before, let alone a human being." I feel the ground shake as she begins to walk. Each footfall sends a tremor up her body, shaking even the tiny space that I'm currently riding in. "This arrangement should do well until we get to my apartment. I don't have any pockets, and I doubt my purse would have been safe. Please, make yourself comfortable. I will not be long."


"It's alright. Beggar can't be choosers, right? At least it's warm in here." I joke, which earns me a quiet giggle from Andrea. "In the meantime, let's discuss the future of our operation. We've got some very wealthy clients waiting on their orders. If we don't deliver, there'll definitely be trouble."


"Our closest deadline is in five days. The next is three days after that." She says as she exits the workshop. I feel a sudden tremor shake her body. It's nothing more than a shiver, due to leaving the warmth of the building, feeling the cold, night air. I suddenly feel very uncomfortable. I'm not sure how to put it to words. Like, I shouldn't be feeling her shiver. It makes me feel like I'm too close, in her personal space. Human beings shouldn't be this close, I feel. Any deeper and I'd practically be inside her, and not in the fun way. 


I snap out of my trance and focus on the issue. "I know. That's the guy who ordered the neural augmentation. Tired it once; couldn't get used to how fast I was thinking."


"Shall I have the boys prioritize his order?"


"Yes. It might be a rushed job, but we can have it done in time. The next order was the..."


"The visual implant." She finishes my setence for me.


"How's the progress on that?"


"Manish has been working on it for the last week. He said he was close to completing it."


"Good. Have him finish ASAP. If we can get those two done quickly, it'll buy me enough to time to sort out this mess and get out of your hair. And your ear, I guess."


"As you wish, Boss."


It doesn't take long to for Andrea to get home. I couldn't see where we were going, but I figure she must not live far away. I feel a rush of warmth as we enter a building. The shaking becomes more intense as she ascends two flights of stairs, to her floor. I hear the click of a lock, and then we enter what I assume is her place. She quietly shuts the door behind her, locking what sounds like three, possibly four, distinct locks. 


"Damn. You'd think she was the fugitive, not me." I whisper under my breath.


I notice something huge appearing in the corner of my eye. I turn to look, seeing her hand hovering just outside, like before. She must want me to climb on. I stand up, beginning to walk out to it, when I feel the cavern tilt. For the third time today, I find myself sliding uncontrollably. I yell profanities even as my body slips out, going into a freefall. I land more roughly than before, bouncing once and tumbling twice onto the skin of her palm. It leaves me reeling.


"Dammit, Andrea! You careless bitch!" I yell, no longer being heard.


She moves her hand around to her eye and inspects me, confirming my location.


"Welcome to my home. I don't usually invite guests, but you are more than welcome, Boss." 


She lowers her hand down to a wide open space that I realize is a coffee table in her living room. For once she allows me a chance to make my way off, rather than simply dump me. It takes a little over a minute, but I travel the length of her finger, down to stable ground once more. I brush myself off and fix my clothes, staring daggers at the giant woman before me. Despite being so high up, I'm barely mid-thigh with her. I still have to crane my head back just to see her.


"Please wait here. I am going to bring you some thing to make you more comfortable."


Andrea walks away, leaving me to myself for a few minutes. Despite my complaining, I admit that being so small and alone is not fun. Without a big person around, I begin to feel sort of helpless. It's definitely not something I'll miss when I'm big again.


My giantess bookkeeper returns with an assorment of tissues and cotton balls in her hands, as well as a magnifying glass. She sits down on the sofa behind the table and leans in to place the objests around me. Without a word, she begins to carefully and meticulously tear at the items into tiny pieces, arranging them into...something. Once she's done, she presents her creation to me, sliding it over to my position.


"This is the best I can do. Please use this as a bed. It will probably be very large for you, but I suppose that is not a bad thing. I have also provided a clump which should serve as a blanket."


I approach the oversized 'mattress' of condensed fluff, inspecting it. It's not visually pleasing, but it should be comfortable to sleep on. I'm impressed she was able to make something like that so quickly. I look up to meet her gaze. She's looking at me expectantly, hoping to earn my approval. Unable to voice it, I simply jump up and down, waving my arms in the air. Her eyes squint, but they manage to make out my gesture.


"I am relieved." She gives me a toothless smile, standing up to her full height. She puts a hand on her hip and leans on one leg, the other hand moving to cover her mouth as she yawns. "We will talk more in the morning. With all due respect, I am far too tired to be of any use to you. Have a good night, Boss."


She walks over to the wall, switching the light off. I hear her walk into her bedroom, closing the door behind her. I'm then left on my own once more. I strip down to my underwear and quite literally climb into bed. It takes some effort, but I manage to drag the makeshift blanket onto me, which provides warmth. I close my eyes, trying hard to clear my mind of worry until the morning. Here, as I drift to sleep in this soft bed, in total darkness, I almost forget that I'm small.


Almost.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please review and let me know what you think. 

You can read the next chapter early on my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=79288680