- Text Size +
Chapter Six: Let The Games Begin!

Ezekiel Jones had been walking through the Guadalupe dunes looking for crashed weather balloons. He walked across a dune when he saw the Dollingers, Christine and Decimatrix. Lana, Lexie and Decimatrix were playing disk golf, while Storm and Christine were standing at a table, watching the game. The five girls were too far away to have that kind of visual clarity. He could see dozens of dunes between himself and the girls, yet they seemed close enough that he could see the details of their clothing and facial features. He cringed when he saw Christine’s violet and green cheer uniform.

He looked further, and saw disk golf cages much further away than the girls were. Decimatrix threw a disk, and it came close to one of the cages. Lana threw hers, and it came closer to the cage they were aiming for than the one Decimatrix threw. Lana and Lexie cheered. Decimatrix gave them a dirty look, and they calmed down out of fear of angering her.

Ezekiel approached the giant girls. It took time, but he finally reached the table where the water bottles were at. A table cloth with strands of threading reached the ground, so he decided to climb up one of them to reach the table. As he climbed, Storm and Christine stood there watching the game. Storm spotted the normal sized man first.

“Hey, it’s a tiny person!” said Storm.

Christine looked at the man, who was incredulous that these monolithic maidens were towering over him. Storm reached for him, but Christine grabbed him first. Ezekiel seemed to stand about an inch tall from their perspective.

“A violet and green cheer uniform?” said Ezekiel. “Your tailor should be sent in front of a firing squad! No judge, no jury, straight to execution!”

Storm laughed, but Christine didn’t like the fact that Storm thought it was funny.

“You’ve got to admit he’s right!” said Storm, and Christine thought about it briefly, then she started laughing, too.

“What if the government hired us to swallow criminals?” Storm asked Christine.

Christine gave a look of disgust. “Hear me out on this,” Storm continued, “giants are supposed to eat people, right?”

“In fairy tales they do,” said Christine. “But that’s still disgusting!”

“You wouldn’t want to swallow someone?” Storm asked. 

Christine wrinkled her nose, indicating that she didn’t agree with Storm.

“Even a little bit?” Storm asked. When Christine remained silent, Storm continued: “I’ve always wanted to be a giant, so I can conquer. All my life, I’ve been told that men are the conquerors and women tend to the hearth. What’s wrong with a girl being a conqueror?”

“If you kill anyone and we get restored to normal size, you’ll have to deal with the legal system. I wouldn’t advise swallowing anyone!”

“You’re such a hypocrite, Christine!” said Storm. “You got to swallow one of our teachers!”

“I vomited him up, though.” Christine replied.

“Only because my cousin used a neural stimulator on you!” Storm shouted.

“If you want to swallow him, go ahead,” said Christine, “but if you kill him, you’re going to juvenile hall when you return to normal size!”

Meanwhile, back in Bullet Bay, Darnell had driven Lathan back to Darnell’s house and picked up Candy. Taffy, who stood over 300 feet tall, followed them, carefully avoiding stepping on cars. He found a possible location where the escaped mental patient might have been hiding out. He pulled up in his car and knocked on the door. A middle aged man answered.

“Did that chick who escaped from the mental ward show up here?” Darnell asked. “She’s your ex-wife!”

“She showed up, and I called the cops while she was using the bathroom. She took off before they got here.”

“Do you know where she might have gone?” Darnell asked. “The fate of the world depends on us finding her!”

“Yeah, I know where she might be,” the man replied.

Back at the Guadalupe dunes, the game was wrapping up. Lana threw the winning toss, and her disk went into the cage. 

“We beat you!” Lana shouted.

“I want a rematch!” said Decimatrix. “Best two out of three, same place, tomorrow!”

Lana and Lexie looked at each other.

“We have no choice but to agree!” said Lexie.

“Can you do us a favor?” Lana asked Decimatrix.

“What?” Decimatrix asked.

“Can you find a way to temporarily restore us to normal size?” Lana asked. “I have to use the bathroom, and I don’t want the whole town watching me.”

“Sure, I can give all of you rings to wear that will prevent you from returning to giant size.”

“Can you un-do the damage we did to our junior high school? We really messed up our school.”

Decimatrix was as good as her word, and within minutes, the girls were back at the junior high school and at normal size. The damage to the structures was fixed. Only Decimatrix, Taffy and Becky remained at giant size, but when they returned, Decimatrix used her technology to restore them to normal size.

Decimatrix stood there as the six girls stood around her, at her feet.

“Each of you has been given a ring. If you take it off, you will return to giant size. The ring will grow with you, so you can put it on to return to normal. I will return tomorrow for the rematch!”

Decimatrix left, and the girls were left there wondering what to do next.

Meanwhile, Lathan and Darnell had tracked down the escaped mental patient. She was hiding at a residence where her sister’s family lived. Lathan and Darnell dragged her out of the house, and took her to the police department.

Over the course of an hour, everything was straightened out. The time traveler was released, and the real mental patient was locked up in the inpatient unit.

The time traveler was in the front seat as Lathan drove; Darnell and Candy were in the back seat.

“Some chick from another galaxy named Decimatrix showed up when she detected the energy signature of the technology you used on my sisters and cousin,” said Lathan. “She wants to conquer Earth unless my sisters can beat her in a series of disk golf games. Why didn’t you tell me about her?

“All of our computer records of this time period were de-gaussed when a group of rebels used a magnetic weapon on our civilization some time before I was born. There are a lot of details about your time that the people of my era don’t know. I came back to find out more of what happened. All of our technology comes from that girl from another galaxy.”

“Will my sisters defeat her in disk golf?” 

“I can’t tell you that yet,” the woman replied. “anything I tell you can have negative repercussions on future events. History must play out of its own accord!”

To Be Continued!