- Text Size +
Chapter Four: Negotiations

Lathan sat at a table in the inpatient unit of the county general hospital of Matheson county, speaking with the woman from the future who had been mistakenly identified as an escaped mental patient. 

“Can the enlarger be repaired?” Lathan asked.

“Absolutely not,” the woman replied, “not without the technology of my era.”

“Let me explain how the growth device works,” said the woman from the future. “the enlarger works by establishing a dimensional membrane around the body of the person being enlarged. A dimensional cascade effect is established so that what happens to one atom in the center of their body happens to all of the atoms within that dimensional membrane. Then it shunts matter from another dimension into the sub-atomic particles of the girls’ bodies.

“A dimensional lock between that other dimension and our space time continuum has been established, and if the girls are brought back down to normal size, that excess matter will always be connected to their bodies. They must each wear a ring that will keep them from accidentally returning to giant size periodically. Even scientists from my own era haven’t yet found a way to disconnect the lock between the body of someone who has been rendered gigantic and the excess matter from that other dimension.”

“What should I do then?” Lathan asked.

“Until I can get to my time pod and make rings for the girls to prevent them from returning to giant size, I want you to use one of my other devices in that duffel bag to make the girls invincible to military weapons. A dimensional membrane will absorb and neutralize the momentum of bullets, shrapnel and missiles or explosives. Nothing your current day military has will be able to hurt them.”

Just then, Lathan’s cell phone rang. He answered it, and it was Candy.

“My sister’s friend Christine swallowed a teacher!”

Lathan acknowledged Candy and hung up. “One of the giant girls swallowed a normal sized person, what can we do about that?”

“There is a neural stimulator, it is clearly labeled. Point it at the girl’s head, and her gag reflex will be stimulated, and she will vomit him up. One more thing, at giant size, their bodies can’t assimilate normal sized food or water. If they stay giant sized, they will die of thirst and hunger eventually!”

Lathan said goodbye to the woman, and had the nurse unlock the front door for him. When he got to the car, Darnell asked Lathan what the woman from the future told him. Lathan said, “We have to get to the middle school, pronto! I’ll tell you everything she said on the way!”

By the time they got to the junior high school, there was a military presence in the parking lot of the school. Multiple army vehicles and military personnel were walking to and fro.

Lathan found and identified the neural stimulator, while Darnell held the invincibility device. As they made their way onto the campus, they were stopped by an army officer.

“Where are you two going?” the high ranking army officer asked.

“I’ve got a neural stimulator that will make that girl vomit up the man she swallowed,” said Lathan.

Just then, an African-American police officer approached the army man.

“My daughter is one of the giants,” the officer said, “her name is Becky Cartwright, I’m officer Tyrone Cartwright!”

This diverted the army officer’s attention from Lathan and Darnell, so they ran onto the campus. When Lathan was close to Christine, he fired the neural stimulator and she vomited the man she swallowed into the roof of a structure.

One by one, Darnell fired the device he was holding until all six girls had been treated with invincibility.

The six girls stopped fighting, and looked at Lathan.

“Lathan, what are you doing here?” Lana asked.

“I spoke with the woman who gave me the technology that caused you to grow! She gave us a device that made all six of you invincible!”

Lana and Lexie high-fived each other.

“Who is that?” Storm asked, indicating Darnell.

“This is Daniel Darnell, he writes giantess stories online and publishes comic books about it. He helped me and Candy Trollope track down the time traveler.”

“You were helping Taffy’s older sister?” Lana asked.

“Yes, she’s the one who enlarged Taffy, Becky and Christine! The bad part is, Taffy destroyed the enlarger, so now we have no way to restore any of you back down to normal size, unless we can find the real escaped mental patient and have the time traveler released from custody!”

All six giant girls looked at each other, wondering what they should do.

“What can we do to help?” Lexi asked.

“Darnell has a plan, but we’re going to need the cooperation of all six of you working together!”

“Not a chance!” Taffy shouted. “Boys like the Dollinger girls, and they have no reason to! I worked hard to become a cheerleader, and my parents worked hard investing to get rich! My parents weren’t born wealthy!”

“We don’t have a choice!” Lathan replied. “If you don’t work together, you might be stuck at this size! And since your bodies can’t assimilate normal sized food or water, you’ll die of thirst if you stay gigantic!”

Lathan waited to see if they would agree to cooperate.

Lana and Lexie tried to convince Taffy to go along with their brother’s wisdom.

“How long do you think we can stay like this?” Lana asked.

“We have to eat and drink water eventually!” said Lexie.

Lathan continued: “If we can track down the mental patient, the time traveler can give the six of you rings that will prevent you from returning to giant size!”

“Will we ever be able to return to giant size again?” Taffy asked.

“Definitely!” Lathan replied. “The rings you’ll be given will keep you at normal size, but if you take them off, you can return to colossal size again!”

“I guess I can agree to cooperate!” said Taffy. “What is the plan to track down the escaped mental patient?”

Darnell stepped forward to explain his plan.

To Be Continued!