- Text Size +
Chapter Three: Nefarious Nicki Nolan!

Kelsie and Heidi were sitting on the couch in the living room, debating about how to become popular. 

“Do you have Chad’s phone number?” Kelsie asked.

Heidi got up and went to her bedroom and retrieved her 7th grade yearbook, then returned to the living room. She flipped to the back of the yearbook.

“He signed my yearbook and left his phone number!” said Heidi.

“Call him and tell him about the shrink ray gun and your captives! Tell him to bring Nicki Nolan and her boyfriend Donnie over!”

Heidi dialed Chad’s phone number into her cell phone, and after the third ring, he answered.

“Chad? This is Heidi! Heidi Hayes!”

Heidi relayed to him the events of the previous night, and the technology she had acquired. After less than a minute, she hung up. 

“He’s coming over with Nicki and her boyfriend Don. I don’t think he completely believes what I told him, he sounded skeptical.”

“That’s completely understandable,” Kelsie replied. “I think someone would have to be crazy to accept what you said at face value, without having proof.”

“Let’s bake some brownies so we can serve them something to eat when they get here!”

The two girls got busy in the kitchen, and by the time the brownies came out of the oven, Chad and his two friends had arrived. Heidi let them in and Kelsie cut the brownies and served everyone.

Heidi went to her bedroom and got the cage with the built in force fields, and the neutrino dissimilator. She showed Chad and his two friends the captives.

“Are they real?” Nicki asked, as she reached out to grab one of them. She picked up Dolliver, and he stood on the palm of her hand, at an inch tall.

“They’re as real as a heart attack!” said Heidi. “They tried to kill me last night, so I shrunk them down to size. I’m never restoring them to normal size again!”

“I want to swallow him!” said Nicki. “That would make me feel like a conqueror!”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Heidi replied.

“Why not?” Nicki asked. “They tried to murder you and rob you, their lives don’t matter! It’s not like we’re talking about swallowing innocent people. I want to know what it’s like to have a shrunken man struggling around in my belly!”

“I said no,” Heidi replied, and as soon as she said that, Chad grabbed Heidi’s shrink ray from her.

“Go ahead a swallow him, Nicki! I’ve got the shrink ray device, so we make the rules!”

Nicki lifted Daniel Dolliver above her head and opened her mouth, then dropped him in. Dolliver looked down to see two semi circular rows of immaculate teeth, then her mouth closed around him and he was forced to the back of her throat by her tongue. 

Nicki swallowed him, and he glided down her esophagus and through the sphincter muscle and splashed down in her stomach. Gravity kept him from trying to force his way back up through the sphincter to her esophagus. Even if he could travel in that direction, his tiny body didn’t have the strength to overcome the power of the sphincter that divided her esophagus from her belly. The only means of escape would be for Nicki to vomit him up.

Nicki laughed as she lifted her shirt just slightly enough to see her belly.

“Come on, let’s take off,” said Chad. “We got what we came here for!”

The three of them left abruptly, and Heidi’s cat got out as they exited. By the time they found the cat and brought it inside the living room, Chad, Nicki and Donnie were long gone.

“I’m not sure how long that captive can survive in Nicki’s stomach!” said Heidi.

“You know the worst part?” Kelsie asked.

“What?” Heidi asked.

“They didn’t even finish the brownies I gave them!”

“We’ve got to get that shrink ray back!” said Heidi.

“Do you know where any of them live?” Kelsie asked.

“No!” Heidi replied. “We need to come up with a game plan!”

“I think you should just accept that you aren’t getting the shrink ray back,” said Kelsie, “and Dolliver is history! He’s probably going to get digested by Nicki’s stomach acid way before you can even reach them!”

“I’m not giving up!” said Heidi, as she looked through her yearbook. She found the number of a girl who knew Donnie and Nicki.

“This girl gave me her phone number, and she knows Nicki and Donnie, but I think her and Nicki fell out not too long ago. This girl dated Donnie before Nicki did, and they got into a disagreement over it because Nicki basically stole Donnie from her, or so she claims.”

“Maybe she will tell you where Nicki lives, if they don’t get along any more!” said Kelsie.

Within ten minutes, Heidi and Kelsie got out of an Uber in front of Nikki’s house and knocked on the door. Chad and Nicki were inside when the door opened. 

“How does this thing even work?” Chad asked Heidi, as they were invited inside.

“It’s locked to accept only my unique chromosome pattern!” said Heidi as she grabbed the device from Chad, set it in neural stimulator, and pointed it at Nicki’s head. Nicki vomited into the carpet a few moments later, and Dolliver plopped out and landed in the carpet. Heidi grabbed him and rinsed him off in the kitchen sink.

“You’re not going to hold this against us, are you, Heidi?” Chad asked.

“As long as you make me part of the popular crew at school in the fall!” said Heidi. “And Kelsie too!”

“You’ve got a deal!” said Chad. “We were thinking of inviting you to our group anyway, you’re one of the cutest girls at our school. Will you be my girlfriend, Heidi?”

“Sure!” Heidi replied, and Chad kissed her on the lips.

The End