- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was hanging out at the Mystic Grill, having lunch with Caroline and Bonnie. When their attention went elsewhere for only a few seconds, that's all it took for a rogue vampire to snatch me up. This guy wasn't so nice to me. 

One day back at Mystic Grill, Caroline met up with Bonnie to see if she had found anything that could help me. Sadly nothing in her grandmother's Grimoire had any spell that could make someone grow. "I'm sorry Melissa," Bonnie told me. "I'm sure we can figure something out. Someone knows a spell, just gotta ask around with other witches." I nodded, sitting on the table in between them. "I know you'll figure it out." "Sure she will," Caroline agreed. "If there's a spell that shrank you, then somewhere there's a spell to unshrink you."

We sat there for the next hour just talking and enjoying our lunch of burgers and fries. Caroline got up to use the bathroom while Bonnie tried a few of her contacts who were fellow witches. While she was distracted, I was suddenly snatched up and whisked outside the back door to a downstairs breezeway. My heart raced as I was dropped onto the ground. Looking up, I saw a man who was unfamiliar. Only thing I knew for sure was that he was another vampire. He smiled at me with a grin that sent shivers down my spine, "Seems you got yourself into a little dilemma. Haha get it? Little dilemma." 

My body shook in fear as I began to back away, "Please don't hurt me. I just want to get back to my friends." The man shook his head, "Not gonna happen little lady. I'm gonna solve your problem with one easy step." He raised his boot over me, causing me to curl up and close my eyes. I cried out for him to stop. Just before he could bring his foot down, in a blink of an eye he was flung into the wall where he bounced off and landed hard on the ground. Hearing that, I opened my eyes. That's when I noticed someone was standing over me wearing dark jeans and heeled boots. A wave of relief came over me when I realized it was Caroline. The guy took one look at her and then flashed away. 

Caroline took a step back before reaching down for me. The welcoming of her fingers was reassuring. One finger came behind me and thumb in the front. Carefully I was lifted toward her worried eyes, "Are you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah, thanks to you. He tried to kill me." "After Bonnie said someone grabbed you, I rushed to look for you. I heard you scream back here. I was almost too late." "I'm very glad you weren't," I said as she placed me into her other hand. 

Caroline carried me back inside to the table where Bonnie was waiting with a look of fear on her face. "Did you find her," she asked. "Yeah. She was almost stepped on by some guy. He was a vampire." "He must have been listening to us." Caroline nodded, "He wanted to kill her for no reason." She looked down at me, "I wanna just keep holding you now. I got a feeling that he will try again." I walked over to one of her curled fingers and attempted to wrap my arms around it in my version of a hug, "I'm okay with that. I know you'll keep me safe." She used her other hand to brush the side of my head with her finger. 

Looking over at Bonnie, I said, "It wasn't your fault. There was no way we knew someone, especially another vampire, was going to make a grab at me." She relaxed some of the guilt she had on her face, "I know. I still should have been more careful in where my focus was when you're around." "We'll be more aware now," Caroline reassured her. "But I would like to know who that guy was. He seemed very surprised when I rushed in. Like he wasn't expecting someone to save her."

Caroline brought out her phone and called Stefan. Told him what happened and gave a description of the new vampire in town. After putting her phone down she told us, "Stefan said he and Damon are going to look for him. Find out what his deal is. Until then I think we should head over to Elaina's. No random vampire will be able to get in without an invite." Bonnie nodded in agreement.

Chapter End Notes:

It's Caroline to the rescue once again!