- Text Size +
Story Notes:

After watching Hemlock Grove, I was stuck on my obsession with Olivia Godfrey. I decided to write myself into her life. I know she's an Upir, but I thought the idea of her also being an all powerful witch with amazing powers, including being able to shrink anything she wants. If you have seen the show, I hope you'll see my attempt to match the character as far as actions and the way she speaks. I myself am in love with her voice(accented) and just her being so proper, beautiful and dangerous at the same time. 

 To make it feel more real to me, I always add myself in not just character, but name as well. So when I reread it, I see me interacting with Olivia, which would be the best thing I could ever wish for.

Also every time I reread it, I change something. As an avid amateur writer, I always see a way to make something sound better. Let me know what you think! More chapters are coming!

It was a quiet Monday evening when I arrived in Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania. Just passing through on my journey to see new sights, a vacation to myself as a getaway from the busy home life. Figured this would be a good place to get a hotel and check out the scenery. In the distance I could see a large mansion, so beautiful and elegant in the sunset. Later I learned it to be the home of the Godfrey family, the richest people in the town. I wondered what they were like as I checked into the hotel. There were a few shops still open so I thought it would be a great time to check them out. I bought some knick knacks and a couple pieces of jewelry for a friend back home.


Later that night I found myself in the local bar to taste the sweetness of a good whiskey drink. Around the corner of the bar sat this older guy drinking his own selection of spirits. His eyes never left me, which made me a little uncomfortable. The bartender didn't seem to pay any mind to him as he was serving other customers. The guy ever so slyly got up and found the bar stool next to me, "Hey there miss, never seen you here before." I shifted uneasily, "Just passing through." He smiled, "It's nice to see new faces, especially one as pretty as yours." He motioned to the bartender, "I'd like to buy this lady a drink. Show her some Hemlock hospitality to new folk." The bartender nodded and poured me another drink. "Thanks," I said as I finished my first drink.


My phone buzzed with a text message, which I happily looked at. Anything to get my attention off this guy. After replying, I went back to my drink. I was only a few sips in when I realized my mind began to get a little fuzzy. It was then I decided it was time to go back to the hotel. Unfortunately my balance was way off and I could barely hold myself up. "Woah there, I think you had a little too much to drink. Where are you staying? I'll take you there." I couldn't think straight, and even if I did I wasn't going to tell him. Suddenly there was a tall woman standing next to me, dressed in all white. When she spoke, I hardly made out what she was saying. I did notice, however, that she had some kind of European accent, "I think it would be better if you didn't." "I just want to make sure she gets there safely." "Such a gentleman, after you drugged her of course." I felt her arm slide under mine, steadying me, "I think I'll take her home with me. She'll be safe there." Hesitantly, the man let go of me, "Yes ma'am." In an instant, he disappeared. Not sure where he went but then again, I didn't care. Though if I had paid attention, I would have noticed a slight crunching sound underneath the woman's foot as we headed to the door.


This kind lady guided me to her truck and into the open passenger door. On the drive, she spoke to me, "How are you feeling?" Dizzily, I replied, "My head is spinning, can't focus. Not exactly sure what's going on." She nodded, "All that will clear up in time, darling. You only need to rest. That poor excuse of a man drugged your drink. Had I not stepped in, who knows what he would have done. No telling what was going on in his filthy little mind." "Oh wow. Thank you for saving me. Who are you, if I may ask." "You may ask dear. My name is Olivia Godfrey." My heart skipped a beat. She must be one of the family who lives... I didn't even finish my thought when I saw that beautiful mansion from the distance now right in front of me.


After getting out, Olivia walked around to help me. "Come now, inside so you can lie down and rest. I'll see to it that you have what you need to be comfortable." Walking inside was like a dream. Huge rooms, a winding staircase that reached seemingly into the heavens. When we got to the study, she helped me onto the couch. Olivia pulled the blanket that was hanging on the back of it to cover me and repositioned the decorative pillow. "There you go my darling," she said as she brushed the hair from my eyes. "Sleep now. If you need anything, just let me know. Or my son Roman. He will be aware of your brief stay." "Thank you," I said as I closed my eyes. My consciousness started to fade while listening to her heels walk slowly into the next room and up the stairs.


The next morning, I awoke with a massive headache. Looking around, I realized my fuzzy state of mind last night did in fact happen. The huge study looked so peaceful in the glare of the sunrise through the windows. The sound of high heels echoed through the corridor, causing me to turn toward the room of which I came through when I arrived. Olivia walked into the doorway and paused. This was my first time getting a real good look at her. Her stunning beauty, long dark hair, slim features. I couldn't help but catch my breath. This gorgeously stunning woman right here is the one who saved me from someone who probably intended to do me harm. When she saw I was awake, she smiled, "Good morning darling. I hope you had a pleasant night." I nodded, "Yes, thank you." I sat up as she walked over to sit next to me. Taking my hand, her dark amber eyes looked deep into mine. My heart fluttered in fear and awe. She used her other hand to brush the side of my hair with her fingers, "How is your head?" "I've got a headache, but otherwise clear." "Happy to hear. Now, what would your name be?" "Melissa." "Nice to officially meet you, Melissa," she said with a smile.


Olivia removed her hands, placing them in her lap, "I would like to offer you breakfast before taking you to the hotel you were planning to stay at. And don't worry, you will not be charged for last night." "Thank you again. I would like to repay you somehow." She waved her hand, "Nonsense. I couldn't let a pretty little girl like you wind up with someone that had such a wicked mind." Olivia stood up, "Come. Let's get you something to eat. I'm sure you're famished." I followed her into the kitchen, which looked very retro with the design of the fridge and stove. Standing at the stove was a young man, tall and slender, cooking up bacon and eggs. Toast, jam and butter were already on the center island as well as milk and orange juice. "Roman, my dear son, this is Melissa. Our guest from last night. Melissa, this is my son, Roman." He glanced back at me and smiled. I smiled back. She continued, "There will be plenty to eat. And don't trouble yourself about rushing for time. No need to cause a belly ache." She opened a cabinet and grabbed a small bottle, "Take these for your headache. Should clear it up in no time." "Thanks."


At the kitchen table, a very tall, hefty girl joined us. Her hair was always in her face and she never spoke. She was introduced as Shelley, Olivia's daughter. All the while as we ate, Olivia studied me, thinking deeply within her mind. Several minutes went by before she broke the awkward silence, "Where do you plan to go after leaving this town?" I looked up at her from the other side of the table, "Get back on the road. I was just passing through. Took some vacation time to travel the states and see new places." "That sounds exciting. Have you liked any place that you've come across so far?" I glanced around the room before answering, "At the moment, this right here." I said the last part while looking at her. Olivia smiled, then arose from her seat. Walking over to me, she said, "Come with me. I want to ask you something." My heart began racing. What could she possibly ask me, I thought to myself. Reluctant hesitation was a fleeting moment before I hurried to follow her out the back doors. 


Standing next to a low, stone wall, I walked up beside her. Looking out across her property, Olivia asked me, "How would you like to stay here in Hemlock for a while? I could use your assistance with something." "Stay here? Where exactly? I can't afford too many nights at the hotel." She turned toward me, "I have many empty rooms. If you do choose to help me with what I ask, you could stay in my house. I would give you everything you need." I looked out over the field, thinking about it. But also of what I have at home. My pets, my house, my job. What would happen to everything there? As if she was reading my mind, Olivia relieved me with those thoughts, "I will make sure everything at your home is taken care of as well. It will be as you left it when you decide to return. Your job as well." I brought my eyes up to meet hers. When I caught her beauty yet again, my heart sold itself out, "I will help you with anything you ask of me."


Olivia led me up the staircase and into her bedroom. Large open area, canopy queen bed, antique dressers and vanity. It was luxurious. She motioned to a chair that sat in the side of the room, "Sit here. I'll show you what you will be helping me with." I did as she told me, waiting as she grabbed a decorative box from her closet. Walking over to me, she opened the lid and allowed me to peak inside. My eyes widened as I saw about 4 or so shrunken men, probably about an inch in height. All of them were naked and terrified. Before putting it back, Olivia picked one up. I listened to his screams as he was tossed into her mouth. My body began to shake as I heard his body crunching between her teeth. She's a murdered, a killer. And yet her smile, her expression of calmness while she chewed on his corpse, and then those eyes. I just couldn't turn away from her. 


After returning the box, Olivia turned back to me and saw the fear in my eyes, "Oh no need to worry about those little men. They're all just as bad as that shame of a man who tried to take advantage of you. If not worse actually. I'm doing the world a favor by taking the lot of them out of existance." Walking over to me, Olivia placed her hand on the side of my face, "My darling, you do not need to fear this fate. If you don't want to do this, though, I would understand." Moving her hand away, I kept my gaze on hers. Without asking for her reasons, or exactly what it is she wants me to do, I was in her snare, "I'll do whatever you ask me to do, for however long you want." Olivia's smile melted my fear away, "Good girl."

Chapter End Notes:

What has she gotten herself into?