- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We get into some action in this chapter. 

“I’m sorry, but we need more time”. John nervously told the deity on the line. “We’re evacuating 30 million- 20% of our population”. “and we fucked up- we didn’t prepare anyone for this until last week”.

“that wasn’t you. You’re not a politician- don’t blame yourself for that”. Maddie replied. She grew more stern. “but you have to find a solution. I hate the suspense”.

……

The skies over the eastern province darkened suddenly despite it being midday.  Only those who had been looking off at the horizon realized what the cause was. They’d seen a foot come into view. They knew the giantess had propped them up on her desk, directly in front of their civilization. Earlier, she had removed their glass enclosure, but nothing had happened immediately. Now, the soft, smooth sole arched slowly towards them so that her toes were what was blackening their sky directly overhead.

They didn’t know what her intentions were, some were fearful. Was this why they had been asked to evacuate? They had no way of knowing. Others on the periphery of the Eastern territory soon realized what she was doing. This was what it looked like when a Goddess gave herself a pedicure, directly over the millions of mites of the population. Why she was doing it- they could only speculate. She began to brush the oil around her toes, softening her cuticles. She smiled slightly as she admired her handiwork. Then, those in the know, like John, began to see her intentions. She was attempting to hasten the evacuations by scaring the micros, all the while doing little real damage. She began to file down her toenails. Those in other areas of the civilization got a great view as what appeared to be dust particles, dried bits of her toenail tumbled down from the heavens. Each one of those flakes were surely as large as a person tumbled down like oversized hail, smashing through cars, buildings, and occasionally people, or leaving massive holes in the ground like meteors. In the province, chaos ensued as the first casualties rolled in. No one had ever thought a 20-year old girl’s pedicure could have such life and death consequences for them- especially when she wasn’t even trying to hurt them! Some fled their homes as they saw houses and buildings around them have massive holes bored through them by the 6 foot long projectiles. Others, perhaps smartly, fled to their basements, thinking the momentum of the falling meteors might be stopped. Others fled outside only to watch with horror as people turned into red splotches, crushed and brutalized.

This phenomenon recurred 5 times, each tens of miles away from the last, as she moved one by one to repeat the process on each of her toes.

Then, as quickly as it had started. The dying stopped. The giantess withdrew her foot and left.

……

John and Ashley watched the news that night to see reports of the carnage done in the Eastern Province. There were between 500-1000 dead, probably more than that with serious injuries. But the panic had been so massive, millions had fled that very day alone. Many more were expected to flee in the coming days.

“She did it- we’re almost in the clear now!” John told his girlfriend Ashley. She glared at him. “Please tell me you didn’t sign off on it”.

“Sign off on it? You think I control her?”

“Good point. But someone should. She’s obviously getting kicks from this. Mark my words, she may seem innocent, but she’ll do something like this again, next time for no reason”. S

Before he could respond, John sensed Maddie trying to communicate with him. “Well, what do you think?” She asked him. He involuntarily thought some things. “Well, I always admired your feet. I see that you take good care of them”. She giggled. “A lot of people got to see that. You can’t blame me for flaunting them”.

“I have to change the battery tomorrow”. “I go to back to college the day after tomorrow- I don’t think you guys can come with me”. 

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a review- I value the feedback!