- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

There's nothing quite like a quick game of Monopoly while tiny.


When it comes down to it, Lori, Alice, and I were all family. As siblings, Lori and I were pretty close when compared to Alice, but we treated our cousin like the little sister neither of us ever had whenever we could. That was why, the two of us tried our best to welcome her and invite her along to whatever we were doing - to get her out of her room that she typically retreated to whenever she got home.


Stomp! Stomp!


The dangerous footsteps of my titanic sister and cousin shook the ground I was standing on as they approached. Their bare feet pressed into the thick carpet I had just trudged through, their weight leaving an impression in it for a brief moment before it sprung back up.


“Come on Alice. Sit down. Join us!”


“E-eh? I… I-Is it really okay?”


“Why are you asking? Of course it’s fine. There’s plenty of room on the carpet right here.”


“Well, there’s plenty for you.”


“Shut up, Sis. Just move some of those boxes.”


“Sure. Sure. ”Lori did as I asked and grabbed stadium sized box after box to create a clearing in the carpet. That clearing was quickly occupied by her expansive shorts-clad rear end when she sat down - the speed of her descent sent a gust of wind in my direction.


Alice remained standing in confusion as she surveyed the living room floor curiously. “Um… what is all of this?”


My big sister laughed and pointed out the boxes she had just moved aside. “Oh, well I wasn’t sure what’d be fair for Remy since he’s a shrimp now, so I brought a whole bunch of board games for us to pick from.”


“I appreciate you being nice enough to try to find something I can do, Sis.”


“Well, it’s not like we can do a strength contest or even a video game at your size, Remy. My toes could wipe the floor with you, and you can’t exactly operate a game controller. They’re bigger than arcade machines to you.”


“Um… Sorry, but I still don’t understand, Lori,” Alice frowned, not following our conversation.


“We’re betting our chore duty, Alice,” I shouted up to explain to her while seated one of the many dice Lori had tossed onto the carpet. “Winner picks what chores they get to do and they get one less chore for two weeks.”


Our monthly sibling competition had begun at the apartment. Even though there was now a 24x scale difference between me and her now, I was still willing to pit myself against my big sister in a game in the living room. Now that Alice was our housemate, I had suggested to Lori to call her out of her room and push her to join in as well.


“... Eh?” Alice was confused at our monthly contest but curious enough that she sat down, her legs crossed.


“We always did this back at home, and we ended up continuing when Remy moved in here,” Lori added to the explanation. She then began listing out the chores. “Let’s see… We’ve got trash duty and cleaning the kitchen on the line for me. You’ve been handling vacuuming and bathroom cleanup this whole time, Alice. As for Remy, he may be shrunken at home, but he’s our essentials shopper whenever he’s out of the house.”


“It’s all I can do unless you want our apartment to be super messy this year, so I’m pretty much exempt from chore duty,” I was a little happy to admit that there was one good thing about being shrunken down. “But that leaves me with no chores to bet so Lori decided that, if I lose, I get a special ‘chore’ for the winner.”


“Heh. I’ll have you as my personal masseuse under my desk after today,” Lori grinned. I could see her wiggle her toes in anticipation. That was right. To keep our wagers fair, I’d have to take orders from the winner for two weeks while at home. If Lori won, she said she’d make me rub her feet every time she worked in her room at her desk because my dollhouse was right underneath it.


“R-Remy? A-Are you okay with that?” Alice was stunned by Lori’s reveal.


“Of course I’m not,” I answered bluntly, “But that’s because I’m pretty sure I’ll win.”


“Well, since we’re throwing Alice into the mix now, who knows,” Lori shrugged as she looked through the board games we had available. “Now let’s see, what’d be a good game for us to play?”


“I’ll go ahead and veto Mouse Trap. That’s too on the nose,” I declared indignantly. My declaration provoked a giggle from Alice. She understood why - I was mouse sized after all.


“Risk’s no good. I get way too angry with that game. And I was thinking about Clue, but you can’t exactly hide your cards, Remy,” Lori exercised her own right to veto and rejected another board game. “Alice, do you have any suggestions?”


“Um… I’ve never played board games before…,” our younger cousin admitted embarrassedly.


“Huh?” Lori and I both reacted in shock, but Alice’s response came soon after.


“There was nobody to play them with… Mom never let my friends come to my house or let me go to their houses after all.” Alice did not sound melancholic about it. She stated things as they were simply facts. However, Lori and I could see that she was looking at each board game with interest. Since she never got to play them before, she seemed excited to have the opportunity to play.


“Heh, good job, Little Bro…” I heard my sister mumble. She was commending me for telling her to invite Alice to join us.


Following Alice’s line of sight, I saw one box in particular that she was focusing her gaze on. For a second, I groaned, knowing we’d be in for a long game, but in the end, that didn’t matter. I thought about Alice, who never played it before. She had likely seen or heard of others playing it because of its popularity and thus wanted to try it herself. I decided to speak up for her so we could get a game going. “Let’s do Monopoly then.”


“Ah!” Alice squeaked. I was right that it was what she was interested in.


“Oh. Good one. I guess that’d be fair for you, Remy. It’s a roll-and-move game that doesn’t need you to hide pieces or anything, so that’ll work,” nodded my big sister. “I’ll be banker and set up the board then. Remy, give Alice the explanation of our house rules for the game, okay?”


“Alri- Uwoah!”


I lost my focus for a second because Lori got on all fours and crawled to where the Monopoly box was. To do so, she had to crawl over me. My sister’s boobs - clearly free from a bra in her blue tank top, swung overhead like two super-sized wrecking balls. She didn’t seem to realize at all and got back to where she had been sitting with the box now on her lap.


“House rules?” Alice repeated my sister’s words, unaware of the term.


I was grateful for how well my big sister’s way of thinking clicked with my own. By talking about house rules, we didn’t have to embarrass Alice over her not knowing the rules of the game because we had our own special way of playing. That gave me a chance to tell Alice about things so that she understood how to play the game properly while also showing her how we siblings liked to keep things interesting.


Of course, house rules weren’t the only thing that we added to the Monopoly session. My size meant certain accommodations had to be made too.


After I explained things to Alice and Lori set everything up, I had to step onto the board itself and stand on the starting square along with the dog and car pieces that Alice and Lori had respectively picked. Each one was around a half inch tall so they were a bit more than a foot each to me. I was going to be my own piece - meaning that I was going to have to go around the board physically. Lori was going to help manage my Monopoly money, so we were now set to play with my accommodations in place.


Of course, I still had to roll the dice.


“Okay. I think I’m done with my turn. Here you go, Remy…” Alice tried to gently drop the dice next to me as I waited on the railroad space. I would have preferred if she had just placed it on the ground. The dice bounced the moment they hit the board like two cubic basketballs. I caught one before it shot towards my chest and hit me, but that caused me to stumble off of the board because it was far heavier than I had expected..


“Oops,” Alice uttered. She was concerned, but the sight of me must have been hilarious because she couldn’t stop herself from giggling. “Are you okay?”


“No problem,” I lied as I steadied myself to toss the die. It was hard to believe even to me but the tiny die was incredibly heavy. That was something about scale differences I didn’t expect. The girls likely didn’t know, but the normally 4 gram die was not twenty-four times heavier. It was twenty-four CUBED times heavier. I was glad that I worked out because each one felt over a hundred pounds to me. The last time I had to hold something so heavy, even for just a brief moment, was when I was tackled by Sam’s pet dog. “Hngggah!”


“... Pffft!” “Pffft!” The die didn’t tumble across the board. It dropped like a crate that had fallen over and landed, showing a one. It must’ve looked incredibly pathetic when it fell over because both my sister and cousin couldn’t stop the air from passing their lips as they tried to hold back their laughter. I tried to maintain my pride by telling myself that I’d be able to control my rolls because the dice didn’t tumble whenever I threw them.


Sadly, that wasn’t true at all.


“One and four… That’s a five,” my sister read out my rolls. She realized right away where that would land me because she had a birds eye view, but I had to turn around and count the spaces in front of me to figure it out. 


When I started walking over, I saw my bad luck. “Ouch. Go to jail.”


“Yup. Sorry, Remy,” my sister said as her hand came down. Just like with how she and Alice picked up their pieces, she pinched me between her thumb and index finger, taking me to the opposite end of the board. It was much faster than having me walk all of the way there at least.


That was my luck. I accepted it as Lori took her turn. To my surprise, though, Alice, who was seated on the same side as the jail space, plopped her stack of monopoly bills right in front of me. I turned around, finding myself walled off by her right foot that was so close to me.


“Be careful, Remy…,” Alice told me as my sister threw her dice. Although she wasn’t aiming for me, one die bounced in our direction with how forceful Lori was. The heavy die was a cannonball to me so I was more than grateful when it hit the stack of bills instead of me.


I really appreciated how observant and courteous my cousin was. I was worried she had been keeping her distance from us too much, but the game seemed to bring out the real her. While there was no major change in personality, she definitely seemed to cut loose more and spoke her mind more while playing. 


“Alice, I’ll give you both of my yellow spaces for that Park Place. That’ll get you a Monopoly.”


“Um… I’ll pass, Lori,” she shook her head. “And even if you had it, Remy still has the other blue space…”


“Heh, I’ll get that off Remy in no time FLAT,” Lori smirked, stretching her leg out so that her foot towered over me while I stood at the Free Parking space.


“... I’m not going to agree to a trade even if you threaten me, Sis,” I did not appreciate my sister’s bad play on words. The smell of sweat coming off her foot was enough to make me pull back, but it was also a reminder that I did not want to let her win. “Alice, let’s do our own trade. I’ll give you Boardwalk if you’re willing to sweeten the deal.”


“... Okay, Remy.”


“What? No fair. You two are collaborating against me.”


We certainly were. I was literally a piece on the board while Alice was an utter newbie at the game, so we had to team up if we wanted an advantage over Lori.


… Well, we were just messing around. Lori had gotten lucky rolls at the start but she played fairly. She respected Alice’s and my own refusals for her stingy trades without trying to trick Alice or trying to overpower me outside of one or two joking attempts. She even gave me proper updates on my monopoly bills to keep me posted that she wasn’t cheating me out of any money.


In the end, the winner was decided by the dice.


“Ah. Guess that settles it.”


“No way! Just five dollars off?”


“Pay up Lori. Nice one, Alice. Looks like you won.”


“... Ehehehe!”


In the end, the winner was Alice, followed by Lori. Landing on the double hotel Lori had ended up bankrupting me. In a joking attempt to poke fun at me for losing first, Lori put me in a shot glass on top of a piece of paper that read ‘Losers’. I didn’t appreciate her pouring salt on the wound of losing, but it did block any stray dice and she also put the glass on a stack of textbooks so I could have a proper view of the board.


That gave me front row seats to Lori’s own bad luck where she ended up landing on Alice’s most expensive properties three times in a row. The Boardwalk + Park Place monopoly was too powerful. I  wanted to shout ‘That’s karma!’ at her, but I held off to congratulate Alice instead.


“Jeez. I was actually playing seriously too. You got the hang of the rules real quick, Alice, ”Lori admitted defeat. “Well, I guess that means you get Remy as a foot masseuse for two weeks… not like I won’t order him to do it for me anyways…”


“E-Eh? O-Oh, right, we were betting,” Alice had completely forgotten that this was our chore selection competition. Her shocked face made both Lori and me laugh because it made it clear to us that she had been having so much fun that she had forgotten all about it.


“You don’t have to make me do that, you know, Alice?” I tried to nudge her to decline that part of our wager.


Sadly, Lori wouldn’t have it. “Hey, don’t try to dissuade her, Remy. You lost fair and square. You’re not backing out on your own words, are you?”


“Tch. Fine, I’ll do it.”


Alice was shocked I gave in so easily. “... Huh? Y-You’re okay with it, Remy?”


“I agreed to it in the first place before we started playing. I should’ve been less cocky about winning.”


In the end, a bet was a bet. I could’ve refused at the start, but I didn’t. Foot massage duty was going to be a pain to add to my life as a ‘chore’ for the next two weeks, but at the very least, Alice seemed to have had fun playing the game.


“So I get a bunch of the chores and you’re stuck rubbing Alice’s feet, looks like we both came up losers here, Remy,” Lori laughed, taking defeat lightly. She grabbed the shot glass I was in and tilted it slowly as she brought it down onto the floor. I was able to crawl out safely onto the carpet where I found myself in front of Alice’s bare foot. “Heh, how about you start now to give her a sample of what you can do?”


“You’re kidding me, right?”


“Hweh? … wait, Remy, I’m ticklish!” Alice hadn’t verbally rejected the foot massage idea the entire time, but she was now having second thoughts as I approached the towering peach colored wall that was three times taller than me.


If I were to look on the bright side, this gave me a reason to come into contact with my shy cousin more when she was home, but it was going to be way too much contact for me physically.