- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



"Coming!" Kaitlyn hollered while hastily giving her voluminous brush of curls a finishing touch. With short and swift strokes, her fingers went through a jungle of dark ebony strands, aiming to shape it into a specific result Kaitlin had pictured in her head.

When she was still not satisfied but did not want to leave the one standing at her door waiting any longer, Kaitlin left the wall mirror and sauntered off to her front door. She opened it.

"Missy!" Kaitlin beamed, stretching her arms wide open to invite her favorite niece into a warm hug.

"Oh my God, aunt Kait!" A suitcase clanged upon the porch as Missy smacked her hands against her cheeks. "That dress looks gorgeous on you! They really accentuate those awfully perfect long legs of yours."

"Oh darling, your smile is a treat for the eyes. Come here and give me a hug you."

"God! How long has it been?" Missy said while entangled in her aunt's firm embrace.

"Thank you for coming, darling. I really need this." Kaitlin looked at her energetic niece with weary eyes.

"Hey, it's no biggie. You know me. If auntie needs me, Missy is there! Especially if it means… You know… How are they anyway?" Missy peeked over her aunt's shoulder to take a curious gander in the house.

Kaitlin gave a warm smile while caressing the cheek of the cheery blond juvenile. "I'll tell you all about them. But come, let's settle you in first and have some tea."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the house – Kaitlin's backyard to be precise, in a cozy little corner partly shaded by a cluster of soaring daisies - stood Alfons peering at the sky in a melancholically way, thinking about all the things he had done in a life that now felt like it belonged to someone else.

He did not know that things were about to become a lot worse for him and all the other shrunken people he was mayor of. He did not realize that the situation right now – despite that he loathed it – was like living in the garden of Eden if compared with the hell he and his people were about to be hurled into.

Viviana, Alfons's secretary, knocked on her boss's office door and peeked her head inside. She saw the mayor of Toytown standing on his balcony. As usual, he stood with his hands folded on his back, staring out over his miniature kingdom.

"Sir? You're wanted downstairs. The Casbies and the Rinkelburees are having a dispute again over a piece of farmland."

Alfons sighed. "Is Rackhard with them?"

Vivianna nodded. A thing that Alfons could not see, for he was standing with his back towards his secretary. Either way, their close collaboration for all these years made certain words redundant. Vivianna's silence was enough information for Alfons.

"Lead them to the diner and grant them beverages and refreshments and tell them I'll join them after I finish my bath. Oh, and make sure to pour Rackhard our finest wine and also make sure that he knows it. That will hopefully make the grump more lenient into accepting certain concessions."

"Will do, sir," Vivianna said.

"Thank you, Viv. You're the best."

After a satisfying smile due to the compliment, Viviana closed the door, leaving her boss to his contemplations.

Alfons placed his hands on the balcony railing and looked out over his domain.

"Toytown…" he muttered under his breath and shook his head. His eyes fell onto the town's newest asset, freshly placed by their caretaker just a few days ago. It was a majestically looking high-rise of about twenty stories high. The first one of their town and most certainly not the last one – if Alfons had to believe their caretaker's promises.

The woman really wanted to make Toytown into a bruising city with all the trimmings. However, at the moment, it looked more like a glorified settlement with a few thousand people or so living in it. But plenty more will follow. Alfons had no doubt about that.

Its town hall – constructed during the renaissance era and shrunken and collected in the 21stcentury – stood at Toytown's center. Just like all buildings here, they all had the privilege of being admired by Kaitlin, Toytown's caretaker. The woman had powers, fearful powers. And she used it to gain what she wanted. If Kaitlin fancied certain people for her settlement or if she was awestruck by the appearance of a structure, some spell simply miniaturized them to end up in her backyard.

She stole people's lives and forced them to begin a new one in her domain under her reign — a gentle reign, but a reign nonetheless.

The only good thing about it was the fact that Kaitlin fancied mansions. So certain people ended up living in a more luxurious home than they did in their former lives.

The woman was quite disjointed in her taste. She did not have a keen eye for making new buildings match with the rest of the settlement. She also lacked an eye for designing a proper outline for her settlement. So the result was that Toytown ended up being a cluster of whimsical chosen structures which were all disorderly placed by Kaitlin's hand. And now, a soaring high-rise was plotted amidst it all.

Alfons considered suggesting Kaitlin use an architect to aid her. However, such a suggestion would most probably condemn the life of another innocent human, so he refrained from giving such advice.

Alfons used his hand to shade his eyes. He thought he could see some movement in their caretaker home.

Quite early for a Saturday. Alfons pondered. Kaitlin usually likes to sleep in during weekends.

Kaitlin's own home was nothing out of the ordinary. Just an adorable-looking cottage among fields of corn and sunflower meadows. It still appeared like the home of a Brobdingnagian from Alfons's shrunken perspective. And the well-maintained garden – with its daisies, and goldfish pond and apple trees and hedgerows – was like a world of its own.

Only a tiny little spot was reserved for Toytown in Kaitlin's garden. Accommodating a bunch of shrunken people that were roughly half a centimeter high took only a little space.

Their whole town was bordered by a ditch filled with water. And beyond that lay sparkling white cobbles, neatly arranged in a crescent shape. None of those things were meant to prevent escape or stop outsiders – like bugs and vermin and such – from entering Toytown.

Kaitlin's powers would foresee in that. A magically conjured dome – entirely invisible and impregnable – was cast over Toytown.

Alfons also had a sneaking suspicion that it made Toytown invisible for outsiders. Because at times, when visitors were invited to Kaitlin's home and garden, none of them noticed them.

There was only one that did, however. The only other member of Kaitlin's family that also possessed witch-like powers. Her niece, Missy.

The girl once looked out over Toytown – when it just consisted of a few homes with a handful of shrunken people – for just an afternoon, but she'd left quite the impression on the poor shrinkees. The thought about her sent shivers along Alfons's spine.

He sincerely hoped that he would never have to see her again. She was only 14 at that time. The girl had to be around 16 by now.

Kaitlin's patio door swung open. Alfons looked up. His smile – that always occurred on Alfons's face upon seeing their beautiful caretaker – left like a picnic party during a rainstorm when he noticed another person tailing her. A female. Someone he knew.

Missy… Alfons frowned as his eyes scrutinized the approaching juvenile. The girl had matured into a quite comely young lady, a knockout even, a showstopper, a captivating joy to behold.

She even made Kaitlin look like some vanilla woman – despite that, she was a highly attractive one.

Alfons could not help but to lust over the sight of Missy's sun-kissed legs. Wonderfully long they were, and firm in a feminine way, looking powerful – like they were able to barge through a wall of solid concrete the way a bowling ball would pulverize a glazed storefront if it was hurled with full force.

The black shorts she wore seemed like it was on the brink of tearing apart as it was tightly clasped around her alluring smooth thighs.

Her flat abdomen was clearly visible beneath the cute streetwear hoodie. And her shoulder-length blond hair danced sensually on the rhythm of her pace.

"Quite the sight, isn't she?"

Alfons tore his eyes away from Missy and saw Kaitlin looking at him with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

Fuck…

He always forgot that Kaitlin was able to speak to him through telepathy. But he was so small. How on earth could she notice that he was gaping at her niece?

"Oh my God, aunt Kait! You even have a skyscraper now! That is so cool!" Missy said, looming over Toytown.

"Yes, pretty impressive, right? Come, I want you to meet Toytown's mayor."

Alfons took a few steps backward while gazing up at the two towering beauties as they paved a good chunk of Toytown under a blanket of morning shade. Both Goddesses crouched down, and a lively huge hand came swooping in ready to collect Toytown's mayor.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!