- Text Size +

"Urgh... I'm happy... Hurts..."
"Hah... Getting vored... Getting vored...!"


In a foggy state of mind, Bello kept rubbing her head. Her moans had echoed through the night - or day, maybe longer. The taste of that strange, spam-like flesh kept bubbling in her mouth. She lurched once more to the canister dispensing wet, watery droplets.

Hadi could feel this. Somehow, even amid chambers of twisting, stretching reddish-pink that she churned away in, she could share the sensations. She could sense the touch of flooring under hobbling steps. There was a cool pang of refreshment when water fell down a throat that wasn't hers.

Every movement dragged on further. Pedro had attempted to scrawl a message on the glass wall's greenish fog; though it was reversed, and in a language neither understood, so it must have not been for them. Anderson's teeth had been filed down from trying to bite and chew at his regrown limbs.

Regrown limbs...

The hum of the life preservation machine gave white noise that blotted out all other sounds. All except gurgling, and moaning. Something else shared between them.

Liu stared on in horror. "That's... No, that shouldn't be..." She finally hid her eyes.

The next step Bello took, something that wasn't a leg reached out.

Hadi's face looked up at her from below, eyes rolled back into... her skull? No. Skulls did NOT grow on legs. Yet the shape of her lips was clearly there, locked in an agonized, horrific stretch, molded into her left foot.

"GYAHHH!"

When Hadi tried to scream, it came out of Bello's mouth. Bello attempted to move an arm down to swat the visage of her lover - to find still more face-like warts growing across her elbow, up her bicep. They stared at her, sharing agony, looking everywhere. Around each of them, Bello's dark skin transitioned into a gradient towards Hadi's paler, sickly complexion.

"Get it off, get her..."
"Get me out of here..."
"I'm trying, I-"

Bello stumbled backwards towards the bed, and began slamming the foot into it. She stomped harder and harder, until the nose upon it bled and twisted.

"Hah... She's... Step on me, step on me...!"

Her own face felt the impact and smelt its slight odor. The welts around her arm began spewing out bile, vomit from tiny faces rolling down and staining her shirt. Beneath her dress, her stomach had arms and legs the size of bugs reaching out and grabbing. Even if she could stomach ripping the mutated face of Hadi off her, those would be left.

From multiple sets of eyes, Bello and Hadi's glass chamber felt like a hall of mirrors - from which they could see their shared, singular body. In the distance, behind several wires, an all-too-familiar shadow loomed over them.

"You...!"
"Where... What did you..."

Fran's face, above seemed slightly bemused at the results. "Ah. I understood that one of you eating the other was a shared fetish... But you should remember, nobody here can die under my watch, right? Not even by digestion."

A single finger intruded what little remained of their privacy, and prodded the dress up, revealing yet another unresponsive face jutting out of Bello's back. She tapped at it while speaking. "General cells, they'll keep reforming no matter what in this environment. But since Hadi so kindly donated her nutrients to Bello... The two of you have essentially become one." Fran reached for a tissue, wiping tears from her giant eyes. "I have experiences with duplicating clone bodies, but... *sniff*... Bringing two bodies together is always special. You two have fully accepted each other into your hearts at the deepest biological level. This is the ultimate consummation of your love... Or is the word, consumption?"

Hadi's multiple lips panted for oxygen, with no connection to lungs. Bello kept trying to look away, even as every angle showed new parts she was unfamiliar with.
"This is wrong-"
"I'm sick..."
"We're going to be stuck in this sick, misshapen..."

After she wiped her hand with the tissue, Fran composed herself with a breath. "That's a valid concern. But thankfully, you won't get sick. Hadi has Type O negative, universal donor blood - so Bello's antigens will still accept her. As well, consuming the brain of another person often leads to Kuru, the disease where one slowly loses control of emotions... limbs... bodily functions..." She smiled. "Not to worry, though... None of you tiny people have brains, so it's fi~ine."

Bello whined.
Hadi pleaded.

"That's not... This isn't a joke..."
"Help me..."
"Get me away from her-"
"-I can't stand this, I can't..."

Fran moved away from the multiple grasping arms of varied sizes. "You can't take this back. This union was something you both agreed to, something unbreakable. I can't get in the way of that~ Anyway, I'll be happy to keep testing your new shared love. In fa~act, this could provide information for revolutionizing organ donation." She opened the door and shot one last wave - Veronica's shocked expression barely visible in the slit in the door. "Your love has birthed new scientific breakthroughs~"

Shut once more.

While Fran left for the adjacent room, Veronica kept still - shifting her boots before the experiment room's entrance. "Love... Love, huh... Sis won't get in the way of love..."

Fran looked over her shoulder, smiling, saying nothing.

"It's kinda scary..." She hid in her coat, trying to forget what she saw.

Okita strutted by, his tail swaying gently. "Yeah. People do scary things for love, don't they?"

Chapter End Notes:

I've got your picture, I've got your picture
I'd like a million of you, all 'round my cell
I want a doctor to take your picture
So I can look at you from inside as well
You've got me turning up and turning down
And turning in and turning 'round

- The Vapors, Turning Japanese

Bibliography:
https://biomedguide.com/biology/blood-type-antigens-antibodies-and-transfusions/
https://allthatsinteresting.com/kuru