- Text Size +

Deputy Casey nervously watched from the glazed windows of the police station as five horses galloped into town. The town of Copperbrook was on the verge of collapse, and the rest of the police force had fled when they got word that the infamous Ruby Rose was on her way. Casey couldn’t bring himself to leave the townspeople to their fate, so he stayed behind, even if it would be in vain. At least he could die knowing he’d tried. 


Coming to a stop outside the saloon, Ruby Rose dismounted her black stallion and inspected the town, spinning in a slow circle. She was a beautiful woman, Casey couldn’t deny. With flowing, red hair that reached her waist and a body that could hypnotize men, one could almost doubt that she was a bloodthirsty outlaw. 


“Where’s the sheriff?” She demanded, drawing her iconic silver revolver and casting glares at the townsfolk hiding behind their windows. 


Seeing how it was his que, Casey took a deep breath and cautiously stepped outside. A quick glance at the townspeople told him they had little hope the short, scrawny deputy would be their savior. 


“I-I’m the deputy. Nobody else is left. Leave this town now or I’ll-” He began, but a roar of laughter from Ruby Rose shut him up. 


“You? You’re in charge of this pathetic town?” She sneered.


“Y-Yes. And I’m asking you to leave, final warning,” Casey replied, drawing his revolver and leveling it at her chest. 


In a flash of red, Ruby Rose dashed towards Casey, ripping the gun from his hand and knocking him to the ground. Regaining his senses, he realized he was staring down the barrel of not only her weapon, but his own. 


“Shame I’ve gotta kill you. Such a pretty boy,” Rose mused, “Woulda made for some fun, seeing you squirm. But nobody pulls a gun on me and lives, boy.” 


Whistling to her posse, she instructed two of the burly men to drag Casey to his feet. He struggled to wrestle himself free, but he was sufficiently pinned. Ruby grinned, applying her signature blood-red lipstick. Casey’s blood ran cold, knowing what was about to come next. 


“Before I bid you adieu, how about a parting kiss?” Ruby Rose purred. 


Dramatically walking up to Casey, Ruby Rose brushed a lock of his brown hair away from his face before planting a kiss on his cheek. Breathing hard, Casey knew she’d effectively sealed his fate. Paralyzed with fear, he stood silently as Ruby stepped back and leveled her silver revolver with his forehead. Closing his eyes, he waited for the shot. 


Instead of a gunshot, he heard a low thud. 


And another. 


Opening his eyes, Casey saw that Ruby wasn’t aiming at him. Her attention was focused on something behind him, up in the sky. Nervously spinning around, Casey looked up to see the source of the deep booming. 


A gigantic woman was walking towards Copperbrook. Her blonde hair flowed like a river of gold down her back. She was clad in denim shorts and a cow print vest left open to present her ample cleavage held back by a black bra seemingly ready to burst. Her eyes were sky blue, hidden along with her freckled cheeks by the shade from her massive cowboy hat. 

Her boots alone dwarfed any structure in the town, even the town hall’s clock tower paled in comparison. At first, Casey feared the giant woman didn’t even see the town below and would simply step on random buildings as she continued on her way. That idea was quickly dashed when she stopped on the outskirts of town, opening her mouth to speak. 


“Is anyone drinking this?” She pointed to the water tower. 


Stunned and confused, nobody said a word. Shrugging, the enormous woman grabbed the water tower, ripped it off, and downed the whole thing like it was a cup. Wiping her mouth and letting out a refreshed sigh, she dropped the now empty tower and let it shatter on the ground. With her thirst now quenched, she turned her attention to the humans in the street.  


“What’s this we got goin’ on down here?” She asked, squatting down. 


“None of your business!” Ruby Rose snapped, “Get lost!” 


The giantess wiped some sweat from her forehead and rubbed her chin, her eyes focused on Casey. The corners of her mouth curled up into a grin. 


“Oh, I see what’s happening here! Well, Miss Redhead, I’m afraid that if you wanna harm that young deputy or anyone else in this town, you’ve gotta go through me!” 


“My name is Ruby Rose!” She snapped, “Best if you just move along!” 


The massive woman considered Rose’s threat thoughtfully, standing back to her feet. Casey thought she was going to abandon him to his fate when she made her move. Quick as lightning, the giantess unholstered her revolver and pointed it squarely at Ruby Rose. 


“Jesus!” She cursed, grabbing Casey and putting him between herself and the barrel of the enormous gun, “You can’t kill me without killing him, too!” 


“I'm an excellent shot,” The giantess threatened, cocking back the hammer with a loud, mechanical click.


Casey felt Ruby Rose holding him tighter. Glancing back, he realized it wasn’t because she intended to hide behind him, she was doing it instinctively out of fear. Her face was pale, no doubt imagining the massive round that would blast through the barrel and leave nothing intact. Not her, and most certainly not the hostage she held. 


“Does she even know? She has to be bluffing, right?” Rose nervously whispered into Casey’s ear. 


“I-I have no clue,” He replied, unsure just how gung-ho the giantess was. 


“Fuck this! I’m not waiting to find out!”


Pushing Casey away, Ruby Rose raised her arms and watched as the barrel swung towards her, crying, “Stop! Stop it you maniac! I give up!”


As the giantess glared down at the tiny gunslinger, Casey wondered if she’d pull the trigger anyway. The shockwave would still kill him, but he couldn’t be certain whether or not she knew that. After a tense few seconds, the giantess smiled and raised her revolver up, causing everyone to let out a sigh of relief.


“Well darlin' that's all you had to say!” She exclaimed with apparent glee, “Now, get along, and I better not see you ever again, you hear?” 


Rapidly nodding her head, Ruby Rose dashed for her horse as her posse already took off. Casting a final glance back at Casey, he could tell she wasn’t satisfied. She’d eventually come back, he could be sure of that. 


“You okay, sweetie?” The giantess asked, putting a hand on her hip as she regarded Casey. 


“I-I’m okay, Miss. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your business here? And why are you so…”


“Big?” She guessed, “Don’t you worry, hun. I was just walkin’ around and lookin’ for anyone I could help. Seems to me this town is in desperate need of a sheriff. Fortunately for y’all, yours truly is here to help!” 


The towns cheered, and Casey felt relieved. This new giantess would certainly help with making sure the town was safe, even though her presence would cause some new problems in the future. Tipping her hat to the crowd, she squatted down again and extended out a massive finger. 


“What’s your name, son?” 


“Casey,” He replied, shaking her hand, or rather, finger. 


“Name’s Annabelle, but you can call me Annie,” She winked. 


Rising to her feet, Annie twirled the gun in her hand, accidentally setting it off.  The shock of the hammer striking the round shattered every window in a three block radius and knocked a great deal of people to the ground. Casey’s ears took a few moments to stop ringing as he regained his footing. Looking at the damage caused by the mere sound of her revolver discharging, he could only imagine what a direct impact would do. 


The once confident giantess standing proudly in the street grew a deep shade of red. With a guilty grin, she rubbed the back of her head as she holstered her revolver.


“Sorry 'bout that.” 


Casey suddenly began to realize that maybe this giantess would turn out to be more of a handful than he was expecting.