- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Next chapter

_______



“Mike? Please follow me.” Said a nurse.

Mike jumped up out of his seat and followed her into the next room. He had been there for about an hour already, just waiting as a dozen other guys were called before him.

The nurse brought him to a standard doctors room and ran a few basic tests on him. Blood pressure, listened to his heart, looked in his ears and eyes, checked his height, weight, and pricked his finger to take a blood sample.

The nurse then left him alone to wait again before the doctor came in. Mike had to do a double take when she walked in. For a split second, he had flashbacks to a video he had watched online awhile back, starring an actress named Maserati. She was a middle aged black woman with tits bigger than her head.

“Hello Mike, my name is Doctor Greene. Just to confirm, are you willingly participating in this drug trial?” She said as she sat down in front of Mike.

Mike shook the thoughts of that movie out of his head and smiled as he responded. “Yes, of course. How could I say no to this kind of money?”

The doctor smiled back and continued. “Excellent, now this is phase 1 of the trial, and depending on the results, you could be invited to continue into phase 2, which will have a larger financial compensation. But before we get ahead of ourselves, are you afraid of needles?” She pulled out a syringe full of a mysterious blue liquid.

“Um, no, I'm fine with shots. But I don't think I was ever told exactly what this is supposed to do.” Mike said as he eyed the blue liquid.

“That was intentional, we can't have any preconceived ideas affect the outcome of the trials. Ever heard of the placebo effect? If people believe medicine is supposed to do something, it can be effective even if its actually just a sugar pill. We dont want that to mess up the data.” She explained.

“Oh, well I guess that makes sense.” Mike said as he held out his arm for the shot.

Dr. Greene smiled and shook her head. “Sorry, but that's not where it goes. Please turn around.”


~15 minutes later~

Mike rubbed his sore butt cheek as he looked at the check he had been given in almost disbelief. A few more of these and he’d be ready to move out. 


He pocketed the check and unlocked his bike to ride home. He had a car, but with gas prices so high, he was trying to avoid driving so he could save as much money as possible. After a few mile bike ride, he got back to his apartment and went inside.

“Jeez, she's such a pig.” Mike said as he looked around the apartment at the mess his sister had made. Dirty dishes left on every table, her old laundry dropped on the floor and furniture.

He stomped over to his sister's room and pushed open the slightly ajar door. His sister was in there standing in front of her phone, filming another one of her tik tok dances. They always seemed to involve an excessive amount of boob bouncing or ass shaking, and this one was no different.

“Hey! Stop leaving all your dirty shit all over the place, keep it in your room.” Mike said, interrupting her recording.

“Ugh! You ruined it!” She said as she grabbed her phone to stop the recording and start over.

“Stop with all your e-thot shit and go clean up your mess.” He ordered.

“You're not the boss of me Mike” She snapped back. That always made Mikes blood rise. He felt his skin tingle like a rush of adrenaline running through him. He always got angry when people questioned his authority, especially when it was his little sister.

Mike went over and grabbed the back of her neck and steered her out of the room to where her mess was. It was a common technique used by strict dads or older brothers and very effective.

“I'm bigger than you so yes I am in charge.” He retorted as he let her go. “Now clean up.”

She whirled around and looked him up and down. “I’m still growing, so you better watch out for when I get bigger than you! I'm already up to your chin now!”

Mike looked at her, and realized she did indeed look a bit taller than last time he had checked. “Hah, you might be growing, but theres no way a girl is gonna get taller than me. Especially not my little sister. Now pick up all your dirty shit.”

Michelle growled at him, but started cleaning up like he ordered. As a lifelong younger sister, she knew when she lost. Without her parents around, her usual tactic of crying and running to them wouldn't work. And it's not like they would defend her for leaving a mess around the house anyways.

While she cleaned, Mike pulled out his check to sign and deposit with the bank app on his phone.

“Whoa, where'd you get that?” Michelle asked, peeking over his shoulder.

Mike gave her a side eyed glare, annoyed over her prying, but answered anyway. “I signed up for a pharmaceutical test of a new drug, and they pay really well.”

“Really? That could be dangerous. You could end up losing all your hair or going blind or something.” Michelle said. “What's the place called?”

“Vitacorp.” He said, ignoring her warnings.

“Hmm, think they are hiring? If that's what they pay test subjects, I bet they pay interns a lot.” She mused. She was in pre-pharmacy and was planning on eventually getting her doctorate in pharmacy, so she was on the lookout for any places in her field that might take her on. Nowadays, you need several years of experience just for an entry level job, so internships were a necessity.

“Well I doubt they would hire such a slob.” He said, looking at the mess she still needed to clean.

Michelle just huffed at him and went back to cleaning.