- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lennard is having a nasty dream while Melody tries to cope with her new life as a shrunken pet.


+++

Holding hands, Lennard and his fraternal twin navigated through fire-filled streets strewn with bodies and moaning wounded. He veered left, duking into an alley in an attempt to escape the chaos when, suddenly, a burning corpse fell from the sky, plopping in front of their feet.

Paralyzed with shock, Lennard’s gaze locked at a deceased old man whose eyes were staring directly at him with a lifeless glow, gluing him to the ground. The poor lad's face was nearly completely eaten away by flames, charred beyond recognition. A few tiny fires still flickered in the wind, chipping away the older man's jacket and trousers.

A squeeze in Lennard's hand brought him back to the present moment. He looked at Julie. "Step over him." she prodded.

Just then, a loud honking noise pierced through the air. Lennard looked up to see a large lorry barreling toward them, mowing down people as it came closer, hurling them against walls and dumpsters.

"Now, brother!" Julie said, her voice drenched with more urgency this time. The lorry tumbled its way to them and was barely the length of a tennis court away from them.

Lennard gave a solemn nod, braced himself and stepped over the smoldering corpse – that reeked like fried steak mixed with a coppery tinge and sulfur dioxide from the burned hair – before barging his way through a door, right in time before the lorry was able to ride them over.

A thunderous laughter boomed from overhead, sounding awfully familiar. "Come," Julie tugged her brother up. "We have to go. She will save us."

"I seriously doubt that," Lennard mumbled as he scrambled up to follow his sister.

A deep gasp escaped their mouths, stopping them in their tracks as they entered the open street. A hand of frightfully huge size soared above the city's skyline, hovering over like a mothership.

"Oh, my God!" Julie pointed with a trembling finger. "It's going to attack!"

The hand stretched one of its fingers out and relentlessly plunged down upon a 25-story skyscraper teeming with shrieking people in an alarmed state to get out of the building as quickly as possible. Its weight pulverized story after story, busting windows on the whole line as it crashed to the next floor and so on, until there was nothing left than a pan-caked composition of steel, reinforced concrete, wood, glass and stone, mingled with compressed remains of the organic self-aware creatures that were present in the building on the moment it got attacked.

"I recognize that hand," Julie pointed at the monumental hand retracting back into the sky to find another unsuspecting building to crush. "Look at the pink bracelet clasped around the wrist with the cheap-looking blue plastic ornaments attached."

"Oh my," Lennard brought out. "that's…." Before he was able to finish his sentence, he flinched from a deafening rumble, cracking the streets, as the same finger shot down from the sky to annihilate a warehouse merely two blocks away from them, pitching the pandemonium on the streets to an even higher level. As they watched in terror, the humongous hand ascended back into the sky, apparently searching for another target. As Lennard's eyes followed its movement, it noticed an even vaster object soaring beyond it, filling his entire purview.

Two monumental eyes hovered above them, gazing at them all with sadistic amusement as their city looked like nothing more than a disarrayed anthill to the entity they belonged to.

A young girl of godlike proportions was watching their sorrow with interest. Her features became more apparent the moment she stood up to her full height, showcasing the magnitude of her celestial body as it stretched far above their urban environment.

Lennard gasped as he started to recognize her.

His meager mind could hardly fathom that this girl, whose hands looked big enough to uproot their entire town, was none other than his kid sister, Miley – a twelve-year-old runt who did not look like a runt anymore but like an incomprehensible enormous Goddess.

From the shadows of her curly nutmeg hair peered a pair of bright blue eyes, twinkling with malicious delight as they surveyed the cityscape beneath them, revealing the joy she felt while towering over everything else.

Miley's usual skinny legs looked like pillars of doom, displaying their earth-shattering might as they soared dramatically high before vanishing beneath the black fabric of a dress that danced around her thighs.

A hand was placed on Miley's shoulder, making her head turn around.

Julie gasped in horror. "Oh God, not her! Anyone but her!"

It was Harper, one of Miley's best friends. A comely ginger girl with freckles on her cheeks and a cruel personality, here to join Miley in the domination of the tiny world at their feet.

The two monolithic teens embraced each other before turning their attention to the doomed city at their feet, ready to dole out judgment with their sneakers to anyone who refused to heed their every command. "We did it, Miley. We rule the world now."

With a proud smile, Harper wrapped an arm around Miley's neck and casually placed the sole of her dirty sneaker upon a few city blocks, annihilating them. Miley followed suit and found a target of her own.

Screams of terror rose, and just like everyone else in the wrecked city, Lennard too felt the urge to show submission before the power of these brat Goddesses by bowing down before them, asking them permission to exist. Lennard shivered with fear as his head was planted in the dust to venerate the deities above him. Evil laughter thundered down from the sky as more blocks crumbled under the might of Goddess Miley as she planted a sneaker on top of an industrial district, igniting blinding explosions that torched buildings around them.

A searing pain flared up in Lennard's stomach, feeling like a tree trunk was thrust into his belly. He yelled out a scream of pain and sat up with a gasp, looking into the monumental worried face of Julie hanging above him and her colossal retreating finger that was poking him.

"Everything okay?" Julie said, sitting on her bed while keeping her eyes fixed on her shrunken brother lying on a hammock beside his dollhouse on her nightstand.

Lennard groaned and massaged his stomach. "Can you give me a warning before waking me up next time?" He climbed out of his hammock.

Julie snorted. "I did, but you wouldn't budge."

"Ugh. Hey, listen, do you believe Miley has cruelty in her?" Lennard asked.

His sister raised her eyebrow. "What? Did you dream about her?"

Lennard sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Not only about her, I'm afraid."

"Milena?" Julie asked.

Lennard shook his head. His eyes lit up at the mention of his oldest sister's name. "Mom!"

Julie exhaled heavily and leaned her back against the wall, clenching her knees under her arms. "Still in her grasp, just like Dad, I presume."

"We have to safe them, Julie," Lennard said, looking firmly at his gigantic sister. "Or they might end up in a microscopic city ruled by Queen bitch."

Julie gave a derisive chuckle. "That wench will never pass the test."

"Don't be so sure about that," Lennard replied. "She has her ways. She will get a city."

Julie sighed. "Ugh, you're probably right. My friend's 21-year-old niece's mother is connected to Small Corp, and she told me that the girl owns multiple cities worth a small country. Can you believe that? A whole society of millions compelled to dance to the tunes of a single megalomaniac girl."

+++

"Ugh," little Melody grunted while doing her best to balance the pencil Milena had given her to write down all the important information her daughter needed to carry out her new position as head of the family.

After plowing with the pencil – that was like a tree trunk to her pitiful size – to write down another couple of digits on the paper, Melody gave an exhausted heave and tossed the pencil on the table. "There,"

Milena's gaze darkened as she saw her shrunken mother throwing in the towel. "You're not done yet,"

As she caught her breath while leaning her elbows on her knees, Melody compelled herself to stand up and looked up at her daughter's torso towering over the table.

Can't you write it for me?" she pleaded. "This thing weighs a ton."

But not a single form of compassion could be read in Milena's eyes, only a face that appeared empty of expression.

The brat is punishing me.

Melody glanced at her daughter's cheek. The one she'd landed a hefty smack upon with her hand earlier. The reddish palm print on Milena's cheek was already fading away. It made Melody yearn for the time – barely an hour ago – that she still held sway over her children. Now, they were all towering titans and immeasurably powerful compared to her insect-like existence.

Milena controlled every aspect of Melody's life now, and the girl did not waste any time by showing it.

Here Melody was, dutifully handing over the final straw of her old life by giving Milena all the required information about her financial accounts, credit cards, all necessary passwords and codes, and all the secret locations in the house where she stashed money, her jewelry, and even a firearm.

After this, Milena will hold all strings, and she will no longer be needed. Melody feared for the future under Milena's thumb and how the girl would treat her and her even more pitiful husband. In her head, she was already devising plans to escape in an attempt to find Julie or Miley.

She looked contemptuously at the monumental black bra next to Milena's right arm on the table. She could not see him, but in one of its cups was her crumb-sized husband, imprisoned there by Milena and commanded to worship her.

Milena promised to hand him over to Melody, but only if she would comply by giving her all the information she sought. If not, Milena threatened to keep her shrunken Dad imprisoned in the cup of her bra, where he would worship her until his last breath.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!