- Text Size +

Chapter 3: Abandoned House Party

At an abandoned house in the central coast town where Alyssa lived, some teenagers were getting ready to throw a party. A 21-year-old agreed to buy a beer keg, and his younger cohorts helped carry it into the house.

Alyssa and her best friend Victoria were driven there by Britney, Victoria’s older sister. Britney was a college student and had a driver’s license and a car. Alyssa carried Zack, who was tied to a lanyard Alyssa wore around her neck as they walked inside. Alyssa stuck Zack in her mouth and sucked on him. 

There was a car battery hooked up to a power inverter, so they could have music and lighting. A teenage boy stood at the keg and pumped beer into the red plastic cups of the other teens. There was an equal mix of girls and boys, but most of them were high school freshman or older. Alyssa and Victoria were the youngest kids there.

As the afternoon progressed, the older kids started getting drunk. Alyssa stood on a plastic milk crate and made an announcement. She held Zack aloft and addressed the crowd.

“I’m Alyssa Archer, and this is my shrunken captive, Zack Dugan.”

The other kids stopped what they were doing and listened to Alyssa. 

“I miniaturized him with a shrink ray gun that is keyed in to my unique DNA pattern, so I and only I can use it. If any of you hurt him, I’ll shrink you too! Now, I need to leave him here so my parents don’t find him. Will some of you volunteer to keep an eye on him?”

A sophomore stepped forward. “My older sister went to school with Zack, I think she dated him. I’ll look after him!”

Alyssa took off the lanyard and handed the inch tall Zack to the girl. The two exchanged phone numbers and made small talk. “If you want to swallow him, you can,” said Alyssa, “he’s immortal, so you don’t have to worry about hurting him, just puke him up afterwards.” Alyssa turned and went home.

Lisa, the girl who agreed to care for Zack, set him on the palm of her hand while some of the other kids crowded around.

Lisa had long dark hair. Her friend, a girl the same age as her with short blonde hair, said, “His owner said you could swallow him, Lisa!”

Lisa smiled mischievously. “I’ve always wanted to swallow a shrunken man! In movies and tv shows, whenever someone is shrunk, they never get swallowed! That’s the first thing I would think of when encountering a shrunken person.”

“How do you feel about that, little man?” the blonde girl asked with a sinister smile. “Would you like to go on a journey to Lisa’s belly?”

“Now that I’m an inch tall, why does everyone want to swallow me now?” Zack asked.

“He’s tied to this lanyard, help me untie him,” Lisa asked her friend. The two of them, working together, managed to untie Zack.

Lisa lifted him high above her mouth, and said, “Prepare to journey to the belly of a mighty maiden!”

After saying this, she opened her mouth and dropped Zack. He fell straight into her mouth, and she clamped her jaw shut behind him. With one fluid motion, she forced him to the back of her throat and forcefully swallowed him. Zack was powerless to overcome the strength of Lisa’s throat muscles, so he slid down her gullet and splashed down in her stomach cavity.

Lisa threw her hands up in victory, and the kids cheered. She high-fived her blonde friend, then grabbed a red plastic cup and got some beer.

Meanwhile, Alyssa got dropped off at her house by Britney just before her mother arrived.

“Where is Zack?” Mrs. Archer asked.

“I told you, he went home,” said Alyssa.

“Your father thinks you shrunk him, and I’m starting to get suspicious as well.” 

“Mom, Zack is going to be fine! Now get back to work and I’ll order some pizza.”

Mrs. Archer pulled out her cell phone and called Zack’s mother. She questioned her extensively, but didn’t let on that Zack had given Alyssa a shrink ray. After hanging up, Mrs. Archer confronted Alyssa.

“I want you to stop playing games with me. You swallowed those gold fish we bought for you, and my gut tells me you did something to Zack! Is he here in the house? Or did you give him to somebody?”

Alyssa pulled out an Icosahedron die and threw it onto the dining room table. “Let’s roll for it! If you get a higher score than me, I’ll tell you where Zack is!”

Mrs. Archer grabbed the die and clenched it in her fist. “I’m not gambling with you, Alyssa, now tell me what happened to Zack! Did you swallow him?” Mrs. Archer tossed the die back onto the table.

Alyssa nodded her head up and down gently, indicating that she was implying the affirmative to her mother’s question.

“Alyssa, he was a human being! You had no right to end a human life like that!”

“It was satisfying, mom!” Alyssa replied. “It gave me a sense of power, and I was so overwhelmed with my emotions that I couldn’t help myself!”

“How long ago did you swallow him?” Mrs. Archer asked.

“A couple of hours ago,” Alyssa replied.

“Well, he’s probably been digested by your stomach acid by now,” said Mrs. Archer. “You need to keep this a secret from everyone except your father and me. When he reverse engineers that shrink ray gun, we will be the richest people on Earth!”

Mrs. Archer departed and went back to the research facility in her car.

Alyssa waited until her mom’s car was gone, then called Lisa.

“My plan worked, my mom thinks I swallowed Zack and digested him! How is he doing?”

“He’s Tommy-knocking around in my belly as we speak!” said Lisa. Both Alyssa and Lisa broke up in laughter. 

To Be Continued!