- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the end a new path forward may present itself. It's up to us to determine if we're willing to walk it or not. There is always light to be found at the end of the road. 

Getting Adrian home was a far easier task than Jason originally thought it would be. With Gilah's aid, the process of actually carrying the poor soul home was without any unneeded difficulty. Whatever had been done to ease his mind left the man in a deep, deep slumber. A definite improvement over his previous shattered mind; a consequence of falling victim to the smallest glimpse of Cathay's terrifying power. 


That very same power had been used to repair what was broken thankfully. It was a 'kind' gesture. Or at least as kind as the Ruler of the Depths could muster. 


There would of course need to be some explaining on Jason's part in the future, that much was clear. One would think there'd be a much needed explanation over the youngest Armitage's sudden reappearance, after a whole year of silence. Instead, it was the broken door to Adrian's home that concerned Jason more than anything else. Gilah's strength, even at her new height, was vastly beyond that of a human's. She would need time to adjust. 


Time that she was unwilling to waste in the waning night. Dawn was but a few hours away, the two had been kept rather busy thanks to recent events, and she was not going to risk a moment more where things could further go awry. 


No, once Gilah and Jason had made sure Adrian was safe at home, and that his door was properly placed in front of the new 'hole' in his wall, the leviathan hurried herself home with mate in tow. 


Despite losing much of her previous size, now being a good foot shorter than her Jason, Gilah still possessed many of her Depthborn traits. Chief among them was her phenomenal strength, which extended well beyond just her arms. Her stride was faster than the combined effort of a dozen marathon runners. She could outpace horses, feline predators, and even a car at such speed. Anything short of a bullet, Jason was certain Gilah could outpace. 


While quite the ride for him it was all necessary for Gilah. She had waited far too long for this. Practically tearing the front door of the Armitage family home off its hinges, Gilah wasted no time in making her way to the bedroom and throwing her beloved upon the master bed. 


Jason needed no hint as to what was happening, especially after Gilah began to undress herself. "Shirt and pants. Lose them." She was a Depthborn in heat, having kept herself tame for far too long. The crimson of her eyes, the flaring of her visible gills, all telltale signs that she was ready to cut loose and go wild. 


And Jason was all for it. 


He tried to keep up with her pace. Really he did. The moment Gilah's shirt and skirt fell, the couple went into action. At first, it was the human who would rise to the top. Or rather behind, as Gilah gripped the bed post, her sharp nails digging into the hand carved wood While her beloved mate went to work on the back. Much like everything else in the Armitage house, the frame was handmade. Crafted by both Jason and his older brother Donovan, and something was telling him his brother wouldn't mind the current use of the post. 


It was an indescribable feeling for the both of them. Neither were capable of carnal pleasure of this degree in the Depths, the leviathan's previous size preventing intercourse. There were… attempts… Most nearly ended with Jason flattened, or drowned in something that wasn't water. It was attempt number five where they understood the disparity in size would be the biggest hurdle in sex. 


Now though, it was pleasure defined. While admittedly tight at first, Gilah's unique control over the density of her muscles and outer skin layer, able to harden or smoothen both for defensive purposes, meant her inner cavern was as soft as silk if she so wished. Jason on the other hand was quite skilled, each thrust on his part sending out ever increasing pulses of pleasure throughout his lover's body. The noises Gilah made, the adorable squeals a Titan of power like her could produce, only served to invigorate him. It wasn't long before they finished their first round and switched positions. 


While having enjoyed ripping into the wooden bedframe, Gilah much preferred being on top. Forcing Jason onto his back she decided it was her turn to lead on. Up and down she moved on the human's shaft, allowing him to free his arms and fondle at her pale breasts. Indescribably soft, it was like grasping at luxury pillows. Before at Gilah's previous size, Jason knew her tits to be soft. But this, at a much more tame height, was far more enjoyable.  


Mostly because he actually had a way to fondle them. 


It did pose the question though of whether all Depthborn boobies were this soft. Even if that was the case, Gilah's would always be the pair for Jason.


Neither one of them spoke a word, instead looking into each other's eyes. Gilah's in particular shined beautifully, the crimson gifted by Ordegash displaying both a primal, unrestrained lust as well as a deep, undying love. This was the moment she had been longing for. Far more important than their bond, their pact, it was this moment she's been longing for. To be with one she loved. As in, to truly be with them. Physically, emotionally… carnally


It was all she could have hoped for and more. 


The leviathan's form flickered briefly, darkening and growing luminous as waves of her beloved's seed filled her. Gilah clenched her teeth and brought her hands to rest on Jason's toned chest. His time in the Depths has benefited his physique well, and the leviathan wished to keep as many claw marks away from its splendor if possible. 


All that swimming had benefited them spectacularly. 


Still, despite the human's musculature, Jason's bones nearly gave way as Gilah placed a bit too much pressure on his chest. Not wishing to harm her lover, the leviathan grabbed his hands, placing both on her cheeks and holding them tightly. Or at least as tightly as she can without breaking bones. 


They continued on in this position, going through several rounds, each pushing them closer to the edge of exhaustion. Gilah's stamina was otherworldly while Jason's resolve was tougher than steel. Eventually, they both give all that they could, falling besides one another in a sweaty daze. 


"Jason…" Gilah's whole body felt numb, and she noticed her arms to be shaking. Whether out of excitement or exhaustion she couldn't recall when last they did that. 


"Yeah?"


"Do you think you can hold me close?"


Jason chuckled, happily obliging as he pulled in the once sea bound woman into a gentle hug. "Of course." 


It was incredible to think that he was now the one holding the Butcher of the Depths. Used to be that their roles were reversed and far less manageable than this. Gilah at this new size seemed so fragile, so gentle, though there was no doubt she could still bend steel as easily as snapping a toothpick. 


He'd hold her for as long as he was able. 


But as Jason continued to embrace his Leviathan lover, he found it harder to keep hold of her. Not from lack of trying, but the simple fact that Gilah was breaking free without even needing to move. It took some time to realize it, but she was in fact growing. A few inches every few seconds, but growing nonetheless. Even more, Gilah was smiling, fully aware of her own rapid growth. 


"So that's why you wanted me to hold you…" Jason couldn't say he was upset. Though it was getting harder to maintain his hold over Gilah's growing form that just meant there was more of her to love. 


Gilah stopped at what looked to be ten feet, her height now forcing Jason's head into her cloud-like chest as she held him in turn. Just as the roles had been reversed they were once again placed proper. 


"Well there's that, yeah." Gilah admitted. Having Jason so close to her, while the bed beneath them freaked under weight, was enough to get her heart beating fast again. "But that's not the only reason." 


Gilah's smile fell as she understood the reason as to why she was capable of growing. It was plausible that this amazonian height wasn't her limit. As she was told before, her bargain with Ordegash had been altered. 


"This… is Cathay's parting gift." She revealed. "The ability to shift between my old size and this new one." 


"...I hope she'll be fine" Call it post sex clarity, but with her primal cravings taken care of Gilah was now able to focus on the one thing this dream life had cost her. The first, longest, and only friend she had in the Depths. It wounded her even now to think that the mighty Ruler was herself wounded emotionally. Gilah was not blind to Cathay's feelings. She just… couldn't give them what they wanted. 


She wanted to apologize. To make things right with the Ruler. But not just them, there were so many last wrongs which Gilah wished to fix. Now that her mind was clearer she understood that there were a great many individuals she wished to make amends with. 


An advisor of the Depths in the Atlantic. A pair of Axolotl Leviathans in the Pacific, one of which she had wounded during a period of warding off her bloodlust. Countless others from various different domains in the cosmos. There were so many that Gilah desired to apologize to. Actions she wanted to pay for. In fact it was one of her goals in the near future. To travel to the homes of those she wronged and repair what had been broken.


Yet none were as high on that list as Cathay. Her first true, and oldest, friend. 


Seeing his beloved's worry, Jason gingerly stroked the hair that had fallen in front of her eyes. He wiped away a forming tear, preventing it from flowing down Gilah's cheek, as he gave the towering woman a gentle kiss on her forehead. 


"Have faith," Jason recommended. After the talk he had with Cathay it became quite clear she in turn longed for something. More than just comradery, they possessed a desire very similar to Gilah's, though likely older thanks to their greater age. "She just needs time. She'll find her happiness in life."


While her love for the Leviathan wasn't returned, Cathay's actions, questionable as they may be, showed that she still greatly cared for her friend's wellbeing. They only wished for them to be happy. And that alone proved to Jason that, for even someone like the Ruler of the Depths, there was love to be found somewhere.


Gilah looked hopeful, her crimson eyes shining briefly as she pictured the possibility of Cathay experiencing what she had in this moment. By the Depths, for all they had been put through Cathay deserved it. "You think so?"


Jason smiled, pulling his oversized lover's head closer to his chest and allowing her the chance to hear his heartbeat. Though she was of a superior height and strength, such a small act was enough to put her at ease. 


"I'm positive, Gilah. Cathay will find her beloved, wherever they may be."


****


Cathay woke up in shock. It took some time for her to get her bearings, needing to remember where she even was. The whole night before seemed like a blur now with only previous woes remaining as lingering feelings of regret and loss. The light of a newly risen sun flowers in between closed curtains, shining into the Ruler's eyes. It was early morning, and she was on the surface still to witness such light. 


Cathay flinched, realizing she had been gone from the Depths for longer than she had expected. While she had no desire to return to her duties, they could not be stalled forever. Her tasks needed to be maintained. The Depths needed to be kept in order. But before returning there she needed to figure out where she currently was. 


In her startled half-asleep state, it took more than a few moments to realize she had a set of soft arms wrapped around her torso. 


Valerie's arms to be precise. 


Taking in her surroundings more carefully Cathay realized this must have been the human's home. Her home away from her brother and family. Perhaps somewhere in Ravencroft. 


Noticing the two of them shared the same bed, Cathay looked down only for a deep blush to flood across her cheeks. Valerie was nude. Fully displayed for the Ruler's eyes to feast upon. 


Trying to push herself free of the human's slumbering embrace, Cathay found herself to move her hands. Looking at them she was absolutely stupefied to find them bound by… what looked to be stockings. 


"What's going on here…?" 


She couldn't make sense of what was happening. It defied all reason. 


"Did I… sleep with a human?" Shuffling her memories of the night before hardly helped. Cathay was hardly in a state to remember most things, and judging by how dry her mouth was she could only assume she drank even more once reaching Valerie's home. Apartment? She wasn't even sure. 


Slowly, she pulled herself free of Valerie's hold over her, practically slithering away off the bed. "No! I refuse to believe it! I would never lower myself to such… humiliation!"


Cathay was just about ready to storm out, in no more clothing than Valerie, before she was stopped. Her bound hands were held in another's. The very same human who had held her as they slept, now woken up by the Ruler's unnoticed shouting and movement.


"Where are you going?" Valerie asked, none too affected by having slept with an actual goddess. The Ruler of the Depths herself. "Come back to bed."


Cathay clutched her head, a minor ache clouding her mind of the night before. If only she could remember. 


"Don't think you can order me around, primate." The Ruler stated. Even if she was in a less than savory position she was still a being to be rightfully feared. "It's clear we've made a mistake here. I am willing to allow this intrusion upon my body if you swear to never speak of it to anyone." 


"Or am I to remind you of what may happen should you invoke my ire, Ape?" 


Valerie smiled, completely unbothered by the threat given. "Well, someone certainly isn't a morning person." She chuckled, rolling to her side as she faced the Ruler without a tinge of fear. "Rather rude to call me a monkey, Cath. Especially since we agreed to start dating last night."


The words didn't process fully at first. Cathay stared blankly, not towards Valerie in particular and more off into the distance. She needed a moment to make sure she had heard that right, and even when she was she still couldn't quite comprehend it. 


"What…?"


"Really? You forgot already?" Reaching underneath the bed's blanket sheet, Valerie pulled out her phone. "I'm not lying, we really did agree. I even recorded it, look."


Valerie scrolled through the videos in her phone, finding the one she had been looking for. A recording of Cathay crying atop her bed, calling out Gilah's name over and over. The whole time the bold human had a smile plastered on her lips. 


Cathay's blush only grew deeper, increasing as she saw the humiliating video. It was taking all she possessed to not just break the device in two, or to delete the recording with a thought, but she just couldn't look away. 


She eventually made a swipe for the phone which Valerie had already seen coming. "What is this?!" 


"Well, when we made it to my apartment we had a few more drinks." Valerie explained as she hid her cellphone behind her. "You got drunk and wouldn't stop crying about Gilah. I tried to make you feel better. Honestly, I didn't think you could get tipsy. Then one thing led to another and… well…"


"Here we are~."


Valerie had to stifle a laugh so as not to insult her guest further "You honestly don't remember?" 


"NO, OF COURSE I DON'T!"


"Really? That's a shame." Valerie sighed, remembering the night prior fondly. "You were quite the good girl last night."


"Good… girl?" The memories slowly came back to Cathay, who now began to recall the events with a fearful shudder. 


The images flashed through her mind, showing how much of a fool she had made herself appear to be. The only thoughts she had at the moment were of Gilah and Jason's life. How they'd be able to share a joy she had always been denied. A happiness she could not share with another. It was painful… humiliating. To be one as powerful as Cathay and yet still capable of falling so far; feeling so weak. 


What greater embarrassment was there in life than this?


Yet, despite her constant complaints and woes, Valerie had stuck beside her. Even when the Ruler's tone grew dreary, she stood by. At first out of compassion… than spite. 


Cathay felt a light pain across her cheek. Touching the spot that burnt slightly, she recoiled at the faintest of stings. 


Valerie's smile only grew. "Sorry about that. You just kept crying about Gilah that it started to get annoying. I tried to be nice at first, but eventually I gave you a lil slap on the cheek. That shut you up real quick."


Touching the spot again, Cathay recalled the act. Valerie meant to harm in it. She had even guided them to their bed prior. But the Ruler wasn't making their effort any easier as they only lamented their lack of a love life, wishing that things could have been different. Eventually the human had reached the end of her patience, throwing the goddess on the bed and planting herself on top of them. The slap was meant only to gain their focus, if even for just a moment. Instead it served to make the once horrifying Terror of the Depths even more vulnerable. 


"You asked me to hold you, you know?" Valerie revealed as she sat up right on the bed. She didn't care much that her body was without any clothing, her breasts bare for Cathay to see. The Ruler averted her eyes. "You said that you needed something, anything, to make you forget about your heartbreak. So… I did what I could to do just that."


"What methods involve binding my wrists with dirty laundry?!" Cathay questioned. So maybe some form of comfort was needed. But to be bound was just excessive. Abuse of a drunken mind's trust. 


Valerie faked a gasp of shock. "I am wounded, your Majesty. I keep my clothes clean for just such occasions."


"Besides, it's not like I didn't do anything you didn't want~." 


Once more Cathay's mind couldn't process what was said. "And what DID you do…" 

 

Despite being in the presence of one who could kill her with little more than a thought Valerie exuded absolute confidence. Her wide smile softened into a cool smirk. 


"Well, if you're so eager, I could show you again. Now that you're in a better mindset."


Valerie extended her hand, gesturing for the Ruler to return to bed with her. Whether she was only teasing or genuine in her suggestion, Cathay did not know. It would be so much simpler were she capable of reading their mind. For the first time in a LONG time, she stepped back in fear. 


"I… c-can't…" she stammered before getting a hold of herself. "It's not right! What we did before…"


"You enjoyed it." Valerie cut in. "You can look at those stockings around your wrists and let your imagination do the rest, but I promise I wouldn't have done anything you were against." 


Crawling forward, Valerie held the Ruler's hands gently, undoing her handiwork from the previous night. Cathay found her touch to be remarkably smooth. 


"I understand this seems strange, especially considering what you just went through." The auburn haired human explained. Her voice was soft… so incredibly soothing. "And there's certainly no shame in feeling hurt. Believe me, I've been there. Though, if I'm being honest, maybe this pain is good. Proper karma for your cruel acts."


Cathay looked away, strangely ashamed. It was rare for her to ever feel regret over her actions, yet as Valerie spoke she couldn't help but feel guilt over what she did to the human Adrian. "Of… of course… I would deserve it."


There was no way Valerie would deny that. Still, she didn't seek to harm the Ruler's emotions further. "But you know… past the cruelty I saw something else."


"Vulnerability" Valerie suddenly pulled the Ruler back onto the bed, but not for further foreplay. She brought the cosmic Goddess into an embrace, gently stroking their hair as they sat there in wonder. "I saw someone who's never had a significant other. A loving, living soul whose shoulder they could cry on. It's familiar to me. While you might deny it, just know that I can relate."


"We don't have to do any more bondage stuff." Valerie undid the stocking binds around Cathay's wrists with her free hand, allowing them circulation again. The human doubted that the Tyrant would have remained bound for long anyway. As if cheap cloth could contain her when whole planets could be burned with a thought. "We can just stay here for now. I'll keep holding you if you want, and later we can talk about our 'agreement'. I was only joking before, I'm not someone who'd trick you into dating me."


Cathay didn't know what to say. Despite being in the embrace of some lesser creature, a being so unbelievably fragile, she felt so protected. Actually more than that, she felt as though all was right with the world. She felt warmth, peace… and…  love. 


"So this is how it feels…" 


Rather than snap her fingers to erase the bold human who held her so gently, Cathay instead raised her arms around Valerie's torso, pulling herself further into the hug. 


"She smells quite good… this is enjoyable…"


"I think I'd like to remain like this." The Ruler admitted. She closed her eyes and allowed the troubles that had plagued her to just wash away. "For a while longer anyway."


Valerie giggled in turn, kissing the back of the Goddess' neck. Cathay had shown herself to be someone in dire need of affection. No wonder their mood was so poor the first time the two of them met. If she was able to melt away this easily at the smallest bit of affection then there's no telling as to how many eons of pent up emotions they possessed. This was someone who needed to be loved. Who needed an anchor in her life. 


"Take all the time you need, Dear."


While a tad bit spontaneous, Valerie was glad to know that, in this moment, she was that anchor. Hopefully she could remain as such. Like the Ruler she could use someone in her life as well. 


"I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay for as long as you need me."


Neither were certain if this development was permanent or otherwise. But in the here and now, with just the two of them holding each other closely, the world felt right. 


As though nothing could go wrong. 


Just what the two of them had been looking for. 


****


But even when peace seemed so close on the horizon it can still be unexpectedly shattered at a moment's notice. 


Out in the Arctic a trio of fishing ships were making their final rounds. A year long trip collecting sea life to make ends meet. A job many atop the vessels had enjoyed, even loved, as the years went on and they grew as close as family. They knew the seas like the back of their hands, having seen all manner of sea life. 


Or so they had thought.


As the sea around them came to life did they soon realize there was always something new to witness and fear. 


Exploding from the very Depths, an invader of the ancient domain. A whelp, towering hundreds upon hundreds of meters. So large that it seemed more akin to a moving mountain. A great winged beast that thrashed maddeningly, flailing its winged arms and screeching loudly. Though having emerged in the distance, a mile away at most, all upon the three ships could hear its monstrous cry as well as see the massive waves it created in its erratic flailing. It bled heavily, having suffered wounds from an apparent challenger, yet still lashed out aggressively. 


The first of the ships to move signaled for the rest to follow, only for the entire vessel to be thrown into the air as yet another beast emerged from the now volatile water. Nearly as big as the first, this second emergence carried a more feminine appearance though with a tail like that of a shark and nails sharp enough to tear through steel. Much like the first horror, the She-beast was also wounded, bleeding blue blood into the open waters. 


Before any upon the ship could understand what was happening a shadow overcame them all, leviathan included. The first Trespasser had cleared the distance between itself and the new arrival quickly, its wings allowing for short bursts of flight despite its heavy frame. It lunged at the She-beast, sinking its talons into their flesh as both fell into the water. It bit at their neck, trying to rip out their throat. 


The tail of the female beast rose high into the air in the ensuing struggle before falling upon a second vessel. The impact was such that the resulting wave created was enough to carry the last ship to relative safety, though the sanity of those on board had now been tested. Perhaps a dozen aboard, none could believe the conflict they were witnessing.


Monsters from the deep. Leviathans engaged in combat. Like beasts fighting for territory, only far more gruesome. The larger Trespasses clearly possessed more strength, easily clawing into the female's abdomen. Whole sections of skin were cut clean off by razor sharp wings that flapped with the force of a hurricane. It dominated the majority of the brief struggle, forcing the smaller leviathan onto its back as it continued to tear into them. It wasn't until the leviathan found itself an opening did a chance at survival seem possible. 


In between claw swipes the female beast reached forward and dug their nails deeply into the Trespasser's eye socket. Blinded, the larger horror was forcefully kicked off as the she-beast went on the attack, not at all caring for their wounds. Rising from the blood stained ocean, they leapt into the air and onto the Trespasser's pack, holding on tightly and tearing off entire chunks of carapace. Neither cared for their own safety, only focusing on the battle occurring. Only one would survive this. 


The crew did not care for the hows or why this was even happening, only concerning themselves with their continued safety. Using everything their vessel had to offer, the crew of the ship made their escape, not caring for the strain upon its engine, only for a loud boom to blow out the eardrums of nearly everyone on board, and for a shadow to fall upon them.


With the sudden beat of its wings the Trespasses launched itself into the air, assailant still upon its back until it managed a gruesome bite on their tail. 


Putting its entire body into it, the Trespasser tore the smaller leviathan off from its back and into the sea. It tossed them with such force that they flew right into the terrified crew. 


Most didn't even get the chance to scream as the weight of the leviathan came crashing down upon them.


The She-beast rose, not at all aware of the lives this battle had unconsciously taken. Even if they were, it would make no difference. The humans were less than prey in this instance, barely nuisances who had found themselves caught in a battle between two Whelps. 


Their lives were extinguished without so much as a prayer. A mercy in disguise as the two terrors continued to battle, tearing each other to pieces and further turning the ocean bloody. If more lives were caught in this dispute than so be it. 


This invasion, though minor, signaled a change in the world. One that would serve to evolve mankind for the coming conflicts or break them over the knee of the Depths and doom them to extinction. 


As is the nature of those of the Depths, inherited now onto the Earth.


 Evolve or die. 


Survive by any means. 


Rend. Destroy. Devour. 


Until only one victor remained. 



Chapter End Notes:

And there we have it. The end to Love in the Depths. Took some time but we got here. I'd like to offer those who made it to the end a cookie. 
*Throws brick*
Thank you for reading and I do hope you enjoyed. This concludes one part of Gilah's, Cathay's and the Armitage sibling's story. More will come of them in the future. Until then, see you later folks!