- Text Size +

Chapter 15 - Ethan - A (not so) friendly 1-on-1


While Ethan waited for Lauren in the backyard he started throwing some shoots. He was in good shape, he usually went to the gym, but his resilience wasn’t at its top notch. 


The court they had in the backyard used to be bigger when he was younger and played with his father. He remembered always beating her stepsister and eventually, as he grew up, his father. Once the thrill of beating him was gone he stopped playing. 


Because of that, they built a swimming pool using most of the backyard. The swimming pool wasn’t extremely big but as his parents decided to surround it with grass and palm trees they took a good chunk of the court, now being a little only a half court. Still, that was more than enough for their little one on one


He remembered being able to dunk. But of course, that was before. Lauren finally appeared from the kitchen door, which connected with the backyard, in her athletic wear. She was wearing a black sports bra, which revealed her rack while holding her boobs pretty well.


“One second, let me warm up a little and I’ll be ready to kick your ass” Lauren said as she stretched and bended. Her sporty black shorts matched her bra, leaving her ass cheeks barely covered.


Truth to be told, it was hard for Ethan to keep focus while she did that. She wasn’t only naturally gifted with a tremendous body, but also put the effort to be quite fit.


“Up to 21 with a two-points difference sounds good?” Ethan said handing her the ball


“Alright” She said, picking up the ball and scoring a three-pointer right away, taking him by surprise. “You better take this seriously or this will be easier than i thought.” She said wittyly


Ethan passed the ball to her again. Eager to show her how wrong she was. 


He was faster and had better reflexes while Lauren ‘s technique was more polished. 


Ethan had always, always, won against her stepsister on a 1on1, but he was really having a hard time on this one. 


Although she was a little bit taller, Ethan still beated her in terms of raw power. On offense he had it easier to penetrate and on defense she couldn’t shake me off. 3-0, 5-2, 7-7, 10-15, 15-17, 17-19. 


Ethan noted Lauren’s fatigue, most likely from her previous match, had caught up with her. He could see the determination on her eyes, but she was going to beat her ass down. He went for a dunk but as he layered up he felt her outstretched arms about to block it. In the air, he changed into a floater. 


Lucky. It went in


“17-21” Ethan gasped “Like the good old times, you just can’t beat me Lauren” He taunted


“I guess you won” She said, not particularly mad. Actually, she was smiling.”I guess some things don’t change, do they? Because I have never been so close to beating you. However, a promise is a promise, I will leave you alone for today.” She strolled back home.


Ethan had won the battle, but the prospects for the war were ugly at the very least.