- Text Size +

Chapter 5 - Lauren - The collision


Lauren and Brooke were coming back home, the day had been long but at least she got the chance to bother her stepbrother a little, which is always good. 


Sadly, she knew that at home it would be his turn to bother her. Even though she did exercise was only a little bit shorter than him, he was able to win every fight they had.


“Hey! It says here that the meteor is passing way closer to the earth than it was expected to…” Said Brooke reading a piece of news in her phone. “Do you imagine it happens as in those bad action movies in which there are tsunamis and shit like that” She laughed


“They said in the TV that it wasn’t so big, if it were to fall into the sea probably we wouldn’t even notice” Lauren said “Aren’t you more interested in the coming elections?” 


“Of course Lauren, chill, gosh have fun for a while!” Brooke answered


They have been friends since she moved into the town and her mother started a relationship with Ethan’s father. She loved how Brooke just wanted to have fun, she wished she could be like that sometimes.


“I know but there is a great chance that we get a woman elected as the president of the country for the first time!” Lauren said.


“Trust me, I want that more than anyone” Brooke said bitterly


Brooke was orphaned at a young age, and she was adopted by a guy. In time Brooke discovered that that man didn’t want to have a daughter, he only wanted the subsidy for being a single dad. 


Brooke tried not to be alone with him, locking herself in her room or having Matt around. But when they were alone and he was drunk, which was most of the time, he was mean and in the worst cases even violent. She couldn’t wait to end her studies to move away from him. 


Candidate Mrs. Miller had promised that under her mandate she wouldn’t tolerate any kind of domestic violence towards women. Making her feminist and equality speach the cornerstone of her campaign. Appealing to women and promising them to break the current status quo. 


“I am sorry Brooke, I wasn’t thinking” Lauren apologized as she passed her arm friendly over her friend’s waist.


“Don’t worry, I know” She said


A sudden temblor made them tumble. It became stronger and people started taking cover. They entered a random shop and after a couple minutes the soft earthquake stopped.


Chapter 6 - Ethan - Back at home


Ethan arrived home from the gym. 


“Hi” He shouted leaving his bag. He could hear the TV so most likely Lauren was home. “Hellou?!” He shouted again, looking at himself in the hall mirror. He wasn’t ugly, and he was in decent shape, of course he wasn’t muscular as Matt, but the only reason keeping him from getting girls was that he was a nobody. He entered the living room.


His step sister was sitting on the couch, focused on their 42 inches TV. As their parents left that same day, the dining room was still tidy. It was big and modern, having 2 glass tables; one between the couch and the TV for drinks and appetizers and another one bigger to have dinner. 

“Are you deaf?! I’m asking if ther-” He shouted, still mad for the beating that he got from Matt because of her and Brooke.


“Shhh!” She interrupted without looking at him “They are about to talk about the meteor” She said focused on the TV.


As he shifted his attention towards the TV he saw that they were still summarizing  another piece of news regarding the elections.


“So” the reporter said “What would you tell your voters Mrs. Miller?” She asked


“In a couple of days we will have the chance to make history. We will create a more equal society, in terms of education, healthcare, job opportunities” She addressed the camera “If at some point you felt that you have been left behind by the system, give me your vote. Why would you give it to a fat old man that knows nothing about nowadays concerns, that has been raised in a wealthy family. Trust me and I will not let you down.” 


“Oh come on, she was raised in a wealthy family too!” Ethan complained


“Shhh!” Lauren hit him again


“Thanks for your time” The report said addressing himself to the camera again “And now the latest news about the meteor that hit the earth today on the second of July 2020. It has hit 600 kilometers from the coast of San Francisco. Experts say that there is no risk whatsoever that it will have a chain effect on the tectonic plates of the city. The meteor, which might have had a significant scientific value since it came from Aphrodite galaxy, most likely won’t be studied since it can’t be recovered.”


“See? Who cares about an stupid rock.” Ethan took off his T-shirt and rumpled it on Lauren’s hair.


“Eww gross!” She complained


“Will you keep bothering me at school?” He knew that the T-shirt wasn’t that smelly but it still annoyed her. “So?” 


He looked down at her, sitting on the couch with her summer pajamas.  Ethan couldn’t deny that she had become one of the hottest girls at school. She was not that little slender girl anymore. She hadn’t changed her pajamas for a couple of years and her breasts had grown to a point in which her shirt seemed more like a crop top. 


When she wasn’t careful, her pajama shorts would reveal the perfect curve of her ass. She woke up locking slightly up at him with her deep blue eyes.


“You can’t boss me around cause you are a little bit taller or a little bit older” She complained “You are a year older and still we are in the same class I am smarter and you should obey me not the other way around” 


Her body had grown, but her attitude was as annoying as always.


Ethan sighed “If you cry like a little girl you get treated like a little girl” She grabbed her throwing her into the couch


“Don’t you dare!” She started as he inmobilized her with one arm and the weight of his body. With his free hand started to rumble her hair again. 


“Stop asswhole! Lauren struggled to get free. It was hard for Ethan to avoid being turned on when a body like hers was rubbing against his virgin soul. He woke up, still able to hide his bulge. 


“I’ll forgive you if you do the dinner, okay?” He bargained


“Fine! Stupid moron…” Lauren said, trying to hide the rage and impotence tears coming into her eyes. 


“Thank you little lister” He mocked her, bumping her arm with his fist before leaving.


As he went upstairs Lauren remained there, now sitting on the couch with her hair made a mess and caresing her hurting arm.


You-Will-Pay she thought, promising herself that someday, when the world was a fair place, she would get her revenge.