- Text Size +

The sunset was always beautiful, though Drew found that it was particularly pretty from the roof as he was discovering. He had tried to enjoy the sunset from the office, but as the sun descended down toward horizon, the light hit the windows in such a way that they turned near opaque due to all the grime and dirt.

At some point, he’d have to clean them. He’d bought enough cleaning fluid to give it a shot, but there was the risk of smearing the glass and if there was one thing worse than dirty windows, it was when it smeared, causing streaks of light to reflect off of it.

Drew glanced around as he heard the sound of the roof access door opening. He saw Veronica as she awkwardly squeezed through the doors.

“Evening,” he greeted.

She looked his way. “I wasn’t expecting anyone to be up here.”

“Just watching the sunset,” Drew replied as he peered back out over the horizon.

Veronica stepped up next to him. “It is a lovely view,” she said.

“Do you come up here often?” he asked.

“Every night. Been sleeping up here.”

“Not worried about the rain?”

She pointed to a covered area of the roof. “Been sleeping under that.”

“Don’t you like the room we’ve given you?”

“It’s fine, but I prefer the cool night air. I like the way it feels on my skin.”

“I think I’d be too cold,” Drew said.

“Well, you don’t have the thick skin I do.”

“No.” He looked at her. “Does it ever bother you, being naked?”

“Kinda. When we first turned, our higher brain functions were more muted. We weren’t animals by any means, but I guess we were closer to your regular super mutant in terms of intelligence.”

“But that obviously changed?”

“Yeah. Back then, we didn’t care about being naked. Then, as we started to get our intelligence back it started to bother us. Well, most of us. Lotte didn’t seem to care. Neither did Kiki, or Glower or Grunt for that matter. Eventually, though, we got over it. Being naked became normal. But honestly, if I could get something that would fit me, then I’d probably wear it. You, Jack, Amy, and even Sarah keep staring at my tits.”

“Sorry.”

“You’re all getting better at not looking, though.”

“Well, it’s not like seeing girls walk around with their funbags hanging out is a common thing.”

“Not for you.”

“No, not for us,” he accepted before he decided to change the subject. “So, how are you and Sarah getting along?”

Veronica shrugged her massive shoulders. “As well as I can expect. Honestly, the way she’s reacting is closer to how I thought everyone would react, but Jack and Amy seem a little more accepting. Even if they are still weary.”

“It’s taken some getting used to having you and Gemma wandering around the plant. But I’m glad you’re here.”

“So am I. You and the others have triggered memories that I thought I’d lost forever. Thank you.”

“No thanks needed,” Drew said, patting her arm. “My mom used to have a phrase. Sounded old-timey. It was ‘do unto others that which you’d want done for you’. Or something like that.”

“Sounds nice. Glad you took those words to heart.”

“I wish I could say that it’s served me well in the past, but people do like to take advantage. Still, I give everyone a chance and if they fuck with me, then I fuck with them.”

Veronica stared out towards the horizon. “I need to ask you something?”

“Yeah? What’s that?”

“Gemma and I spoke to Sekka and Axa before they left. It’s about Lotte.”

“What about her?”

“If our group fragments, would you be willing to let us stay here?”

“Of course. You’re always welcome.”

“Glad to hear it.”

“I mean, having you lot here would definitely secure this old factory. No one would dare fuck with us.”

Veronica chuckled. “You’re right there.”

Drew patted her arm again as he turned on his heels. “Been a nice talk, but I think I’m going to call it a night.”

“Goodnight, then.”

“Goodnight, Veronica.”

Drew made his way to the roof access doors and headed down the stairwell all the way down into the basement. He pushed the doors open and slowly walked down the dark gloomy corridor, stopping outside Gemma’s room.

“You’re here just to talk,” he muttered to himself as he raised his fist and knocked on the double doors.

There was no answer.

He knocked again after several moments and again there was still no answer.

“Gemma?” he called through the doors. “Are you in there?”

As he raised his fist to knock a third time, the doors opened and Gemma peered through and looked at him with a sleepy frown before she smiled.

“Oh, sorry,” she said, rubbing her eyes with the backs of her clawed hands. “I dozed off.”

“I didn’t come too late, did I?”

“No, the timing’s perfect. Come on in.”

She moved across the room as he entered, his eyes falling on two mattresses on the floor.

“Amy got them for me,” Gemma said. “Can’t use them, though, I’m too heavy. I’d wreck them.”

“We’ll have to make you something,” Drew said.

“Thanks, but I’m fine sleeping on the floor.”

“I still want to make you something. Veronica, too,” Drew said. “And I’m sure Amy and Jack will want to help. You shouldn’t have to sleep on the cold floor.”

“Thank you. That means a lot.”

She took a quick glance around the room. “I would offer you somewhere to sit, but there aren’t any chairs in here.”

Drew stepped over to the mattresses and sat down on one of them, crossing his legs.

Gemma smiled. “I guess they were useful after all.” She sat down next to him on the floor, which looked rather uncomfortable with the way her tail bent. She stared at the back wall, clearly lost in thought. Drew was going to ask her what she was thinking, but decided to let her work out her own thoughts in her own time.

“I’ve been remembering more and more,” she said, looking down at him. “I might have told you this before, but meeting you has opened a blockage in my mind.”

“I’ve been told that a few times, including from Veronica.”

She slowly reached over towards him with her massive clawed hand, her palm facing upwards. Without hesitation, he rested his relatively tiny hand inside before she closed her hand gently around his.

“Look at how monstrous my hands look when compared to yours.”

“I keep telling you this, Gemma. Nothing about you is monstrous. You are still beautiful. To me at least.”

She released his hand. “I wanted kids with you one day,” she said. “I wanted to marry you. I wanted a family. All that is gone now.”

Her words struck him hard. He too had wanted those things, but he had also long since given up on the idea. When he believed Gemma was dead, his goals in life had changed. All he had cared about was making Jack and Amy as happy as possible. To help them through the grief and loss of losing their loved ones.

“I’m so sorry, Gem. I wish I could have done something.”

“You did all you could,” Gemma said.

“It wasn’t enough!” he said, feeling angry at himself. “I let them take you. I should have stopped them! For so long, I told myself that I’d have done anything to have you back. And now you are back and I don’t care what you look like. You’re Gemma, the woman I love. Nothing will change that. Nothing!”

“If being turned into a mutant deathclaw isn’t enough to make you stop loving me, then I guess you’re right. Nothing will.”

“Do you feel the same way? Do you still love me?”

Gemma looked away and once again stared at the back wall. She was conflicted, he could see it in her eyes.

“It couldn’t work,” she said finally.

“Because of Kiki?”

“No, not because of Kiki. If she were here she’d want to bring you into our relationship. She always had a thing for you. For the both of us I guess.”

“Then why?”

“Because I’m scared I’d hurt you.”

“You’d never hurt me,” Drew dismissed. “The same as I’d never hurt you.”

“Not on purpose. But I am so much bigger and stronger than you, that I could hurt or even kill you by accident.”

Drew leaned over and hugged himself against her arm. “I’m tougher than you think.”

“And I’m stronger than you think,” she retorted. “You’re not invincible. I’m heavy and have more muscle mass than you can imagine. I could tear you in half with one hand with barely any effort.”

“Honestly,” Drew began as he softly stroked her arm. “I kinda find that hot.”

She laughed, but it turned into a sob. “I sometimes wish we hadn’t bumped into you at that Red Rocket stop.”

“Why?” he asked, feeling confused as to how she could possibly feel that way.

“These memories… I remember being human. I wish things were like they used to be. I wish I were human again. I wish we could make love like we used to. I’ll never feel you run your hand through my hair or put your arms around me, I’m too big for you to cuddle, now, and I don’t have any hair.”

Drew felt tears sting his eyes. He released her arm and stood up, moving in front of her. He reached up and cupped her large face in his hands.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I never meant to hurt you.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” she said. “You might have made me remember what I’ve lost, but you’ve also made me happy. I haven’t felt this human in a long time.”

She wrapped her arms around him and scooped him up, hugging him against her large chest.

“Thank you, Drew,” she sobbed.

“No, Gem. Thank you.”

She hugged him tighter and he felt his head begin to sink between her breasts. He didn’t fight it, he embraced it. Gemma was surrounding him, encapsulating him. He felt warm and he felt safe, though he also felt incredibly aroused.

“I love you Gem,” he said, his voice muffled.

“I love you too, Drew. Whatever Kiki and I have, I want you to be part of it if you’re willing.”

“I am willing, Gem. You, me, and Keek. It’s the best outcome I could ever hope for.”

“You, me, and Keek,” she agreed.

Drew wasn’t sure how he’d make a relationship with the two work, but at that moment he was willing to give it a shot. He wasn’t sure how he’d feel once he was face to face with Kiki again, though. Her size honestly still terrified him.

Gemma’s arms relaxed. “Sorry if I’m pulling you into my breasts.”

He pulled his head out and looked up at her, grinning. “Don’t be sorry. I’m kinda enjoying this. Besides, you’ve done it to me a dozen or so times already.”

She smiled down at him, her eyes half-lidded. “You can touch if you want.”

He felt his heart begin to race in his chest as he reached out with his left hand and placed it on her right breast. His hand looked tiny against her flesh, his palm barely able to cover her areola.

“Wow, so firm and yet so soft,” he breathed before he reached out with his other hand gripping her other breast. “They feel amazing.”

“So do your hands,” Gemma said as her whole body shuddered. “But you were always skillful with them.”

“And you always had nice tits,” Drew said as he continued to caress them. “They’re a lot nicer now, and absolutely huge. They’re incredible.”

“No, you’re incredible.”

“Well, you’re stunning, beautiful, and sexy.”

She giggled. “You always know what to say to me.”

“Do I? I’m just telling you the truth.”

She grabbed him and tossed him onto the mattresses. For a moment, he thought he’d said something wrong, but that fear was washed away a moment later.

“Take off your clothes,” she said huskily.

He gawked at her for a moment, before he took off his shirt and pants, tossing them both to the side.

Gemma looked him up and down. “Nice to see that you still don’t wear any underwear.”

“Too restrictive and they’re also really hard to find these days.”

“It’s also nice to see you’re ready,” she said as she stared at his hardening cock.

She reached out for him and he let her pick him up. She raised him towards her face and sniffed him.

“You smell nice.”

“I had a shower earlier. A few of them still work.”

“Is that so? Well, I don’t have to worry about stinking so much.”

“You don’t?”

“I don’t sweat anymore.”

Drew was about to comment on what she’d just said when her tongue rolled out of her mouth and the tip began to probe at his rock-hard penis before she licked him from crotch to head.

“Delicious,” she uttered, before opening her mouth wide ready for another lick.

As her tongue rolled from side to side images began to flash through his mind. In an instant, he was back at the Greenclaw facility being held above Lotte’s gaping hungry throat. He was moments away from being eaten alive and he was helpless to do anything about it.

“What’s wrong? Drew?” Gemma asked, snapping him out of the memory.

Drew tried to answer, but he found his breath short.

“Did I frighten you? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

He shook his head. “N-no. I… Charlotte.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Her mouth…”

Gemma appeared confused for a moment before her eyes grew wide. “When she almost ate you.”

He nodded.

“I triggered a memory?”

He nodded again.

“You should have told me.”

“I… I didn’t know,” he said. His breath felt like lead in his chest. “I didn’t realize it had affected me so much.”

Gemma carefully placed him down on his feet. “Maybe you should go. This was a mistake.”

He reached out for her but lowered his hand and his head. He felt guilty and he felt like a liar. He’d gone on and on about how he didn’t see her as a monster, yet when he’d stared into her mouth, that was all he had seen.

“Please go,” Gemma said as she sat dejectedly in the corner.

“I don’t want to go,” Drew said, forcing himself to look at her. “I’m sorry that I hurt you.”

“Drew,” she said, sounding short. “You can’t say that. Not when it was my fault.”

“No, it wasn’t your fault. It was Charlotte’s.”

“I still brought those memories flooding back. I should have realized. She almost ate you alive. That will scar you. I should have known that. I should have known how something like that would stay with you. I should have known.”

Drew walked over to her and threw himself against her arm, hugging her as best he could. He couldn’t lose her, not again. He wouldn’t let Charlotte’s prior actions destroy what he had started to rebuild.

“I need you,” he said, tears starting to roll down his cheeks.

“I need you, too,” Gemma said as she reached around with her other hand and gently stroked his back. “We were only supposed to be talking. I pushed things too hard too fast.”

“I was at fault too,” he said, taking his share in the blame. “But I love you so much.”

She patted his back. “Go on, put your clothes back on. I think we should go back to just chatting.”

“Yeah,” he said with a sniffle, wiping his eyes. “That sounds nice.”

“Take things slower from now on.”

He nodded in agreement as he let her go and made his way over to where he had tossed his clothes. He put his pants on first, then his shirt before he sat down on the old mattresses.

Gemma stared at him before she stood up and sat nearer. Neither said anything and in a way, Drew was glad. He enjoyed her company, regardless.

He laid himself down and stared up at the ceiling.

“Drew,” Gemma began. “Things between us are going to be difficult.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“I think that anything we decide, we should do it with Kiki.”

“Agreed.”

“I want you to know that the time I spent with you. Before the super mutants took us. They were the best times of my life.”

“I know. I feel the same way.”

Gemma laid down on her side on the floor next to him. “Do you remember when we found Paulson?”

Drew nodded. “Yeah. We’d stayed in some town for a few months but found it too busy. I don’t remember the name. North Ridge or something, wasn’t it”

I was the one that found it too busy,” Gemma corrected. “You and Jack liked it there. I don’t know if Amy did. She didn’t seem to care as long as we were all together.”

“It was okay.”

“But do you remember how we discovered Paulson?”

“It was a caravan that let us know Paulson existed,” Drew said. “We went with them. You, me, Amy, Jack, and Izzy.”

“What happened to Izzy? Was she destroyed?”

Drew sighed. “Yeah, bandit attack on Colville.”

“I liked Izzy.”

“Me, too. She was a good companion. Never met a robot with a better sense of humor.”

“Remember that merchant who thought it was all fake?”

Drew chuckled at the memory. “Yeah, I remember. He thought we were using some kind of radio setup so one of our ‘friends’ could speak through her.”

“That was funny,” Gemma chuckled. “Do you also remember when Jack got a crush on her?”

Drew looked at her with surprise. “Was that what that was?”

“Yeah,” Gemma said. “Before we got to Paulson, Jack started to get a crush on Izzy.”

“Now that is hilarious. Could you imagine him dating an Assaultron?”

“You seriously didn’t notice?” Gemma asked in disbelief.

“No, I honestly never noticed. Well, I noticed but I didn’t realize it was because he was crushing on her.”

“It was kinda cute. That ended when he met Grace, though.”

“Did Izzy mind?” Drew asked.

“Not that I’m aware of. She certainly didn’t share his feelings.”

Gemma rolled onto her back and stared up at the ceiling. It looked rather odd due to her body shape. Because of the way her back was shaped, her hips were pushed upwards like she was thrusting at the ceiling.

“That doesn’t look comfortable,” Drew observed.

“Actually, it is,” she said, turning her head in his direction. She couldn’t turn it all the way, though due to her horns.

“You look comfy to lay on,” he said. “Like a big comfy bed.”

“You just want to lay your head on my boobs.”

“I’ve already had my head between them more times than I can count.”

Gemma patted her bosom. “Maybe you want to see how comfy I am to lay on?”

“Maybe I do.”

The smile on her face disappeared and she stared back up at the ceiling. “It’s probably best you don’t,” she said. “I don’t want to hurt you again.”

“How would laying on you hurt me?”

She shrugged awkwardly. “I don’t know. You might have a panic attack. Like you did before.”

Drew stood up off of the old mattresses. “I don’t care if I do, Gemma. I can’t have a wall between us. Besides, it was your open mouth and swirling tongue that triggered it.”

“I didn’t think.”

“And neither did I. But I’m ready for it now.”

Gemma didn’t look like she believed him. “How can you ever be ready for something like that? I wasn’t.”

“How do you mean?”

“There were times when I saw a reflection of myself where I’d have a panic attack. I’d see this monstrous face staring back at me and it was horrible.”

“But weren’t you seeing that face like that everywhere with the others?”

“They weren’t me,” Gemma said. “Seeing a deathclaw face on the others I got used to it fairly quickly. On myself, it took a lot longer. Even though I couldn’t remember anything from before, it felt wrong. I’m still not fully used to it.”

Drew walked over to her and leaned forward, kissing her on the mouth which was only made possible because she was lying down.

“Well I don’t care,” he said. “All I see is the woman I love.”

“Unlike earlier when you saw Charlotte ready to eat you.”

Drew kissed her again. “We both know this won’t be easy for either of us and not for Kiki either. But I can’t lose you. Not again. Whatever hardship and hurt awaits us, I’m ready for it.”

“I’m not sure I am. I don’t like seeing you scared or in pain, Drew.”

He stroked her snout. “I know, Gem, I know.”

She closed her eyes. “That feels nice.”

“How about this?” he asked as he began to massage her head with his other hand.”

“Mmmm, yeah,” she said sleepily. “That feels great.”

He continued to massage her head, a huge grin spreading across his face as her breathing slowed and a soft snore escaped her throat.

“Wow, I must be good at this,” he muttered to himself.

Somehow, he had managed to put her to sleep. He hadn’t expected it, but it was certainly welcome.

“Goodnight, my little Gem,” he said as he gave her one last kiss before he made his way over to the light switch and turned off two of the three bar lights.

Drew stared at her for several moments, watching as her large chest gently rose and fell. He then made his way over to the mattresses and lay down. He watched her as she slept in the darkened room, his gaze frequently falling onto her large chest.

Despite the hardships that were sure to plague their relationship, it was worth the effort. The woman he loved might no longer be human, but that didn’t matter. She was still the woman he loved.

A large smile was on his lips as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.