- Text Size +

Surprisingly, everyone was completely fine landing on the ground. All 8 of them. Lasius explained it had to do with their size as the group hid beneath the counter to gather themselves.


Ahead of them lay the most dangerous expanse so far, the main kitchen, where subs were made. Workers gathered here not only to serve customers, but also to simply talk and joke around. And the group of 8 tinies who looked like ants needed to cross it. 


"If we hug the wall underneath the food containers, we should be okay." Lasius said as the group exited from underneath the counter. 


Slowly, they made their way across the tiled floor, traveling between the cracks, not that it was deep enough anyways. 


As they moved, they could feel and hear the booming as Alix's friends and coworkers moved around them, able to crush them at any time, whether intentional or not. Far above they laughed and joked around, completely oblivious to Alix's presence. 


Underneath all of the talking, laughing, and booming of footsteps, the group was too focused on moving across the floor to hear Alix's coworker Vicky approach behind them with a broom.


At nearly the last second Alix turned to see it. His coworker Vicky, a normally 6'1" girl, was horrifically gigantic at his new size. Her legs alone were endless in height, even more in the width of her thighs. Her bleached blonde hair had been tied into a ponytail behind her, her eyes looking almost directly at the group, obvious to their presence. 


The broom she used was the typical wide push-broom, collecting a mountain of dust and dirt particles the size of cars for the tinies' size. 


"FUCKING RUN-" Alix managed to scream as the group noticed the onslaught together. The sound of the scraping had been almost silent underneath the talking and joking around above them, only audible as the static became deafening the closer it got.


The group was immediately separated as Vicky continued sweeping, completely unaware to the group's plights. Many were tangled in the bristles, broken and crushed either by the weight from being underneath the bristles, or squished between the dirt and dust. 


Alix watched as he tumbled between the bristles as someone fell behind the broom, escaping its hellish clutches. Unfortunately for them, Vicky's shoe had other ideas. Just as they began to attempt to stand once more, her foot came crashing down, killing them nearly instantly. The combination of the stress and the trauma caused Alix to pass out, potentially for the last time.



Meanwhile, others in the group were not as lucky as Alix. A woman named Vonda watched as Alix dropped out of the bristles, rolling until he fell between the cracks, safe and sound. 


Vonda hung on for dear life as Vicky pushed the broom forwards, stopping every sweep to go back for what fell out. Vonda struggled to hang on, each titanic leap into the air and slam back down loosening her grip severely. 


Until eventually, she did fall off. Her grip slipped out and down she went, tumbling towards the front of the broom, caught up in the dust, screaming for her life as Vicky swept the floor calmly. 


Vonda was tossed around, landing in the final pile at the end of the kitchen, pinned beneath a spec of dirt, which to her, was the size of a car.


Vicky finally finished, swapping out her larger broom for the smaller one. The broom used to push the pile onto the dustpan. 


Helpless, Vonda could do nothing but watch as the titanic human carelessly swept her away, pushing her deeper into the dustpan. 


She screamed at the top of her lungs, somehow in denial of the humans seeing them as ants. Her pleas did not go unanswered, however. 


Unfortunately, her denial was misplaced. Vicky looked down into the dustpan, a look of both humor and disgust upon her face. 


With her deep yet ear shatteringly loud voice, Vicky joked, bringing the dustpan to Alana. "Look there's a fucking ant in the dustpan." They chuckled together, Vonda's cries for help seen as helplessly funny. 


Alana looked down into the dustpan, making eye contact with Vonda, whether she knew it or not. "Ha ha!" She mocked the tiny, in an almost childlike tone. 


Vonda was crushed, emotionally. She was so hopeful, that somehow, in some way she could be saved. Without a care in the world, Vicky tipped the pan over, emptying it, and Vonda into the trash. Much like many others, she was as good as dead.



Somewhere between not much later and far too late, Alix woke up. He found himself laying on his back in a crack between the tiles deep enough to avoid being stepped on. 


Far above him he stared, his ginormous coworkers simply going about their shift, talking amongst themselves as if Alix didn't exist at all. Alana and another coworker Sasha stood before him, their voices like that of gods, merely ignoring the ants below their feet. 


Suddenly remembering what exactly had just happened to them, Alix bolted upright, feeling a new panic to get out of the kitchen as fast as he could. 


Quickly, he crawled out of his ditch, making a break for it.


Alix tried to stay within the cracks so as to hopefully avoid being stepped on. As he ran a couple other people happened to join him, Lasius and someone named Zack he had met earlier. The two had been hidden against the wall, but saw Alix sprinting and hopped in to run with him.


More aware of his surroundings now, Alix glanced behind them as he heard the faint rumbling. Even at his normal size the sound was the same: the mop bucket. Vicky was coming to mop the kitchen.


"Fuck. Run!" He cried, pulling them out of the cracks and making a full sprint towards safety. 


Alana, however, had the same idea. Far above, she knew she had to leave the kitchen while it was mopped, walking casually away. 


With every step the floor shook beneath them. Alana, in all her glory, moved towards them from behind, much faster than Vicky.


Her foot rocketed through the air, descending far too fast from above. Alix shoved Lasius out of the way, grabbing Zack and trying to pull him away, too.


That, however, is not what happened. Swiftly and simply, Alana's foot landed upon the pair and lifted right back up. As fast as it happened, it felt much longer to Alix, and especially Zack.


Her black treaded sneakers crashed all around them. For a moment, Alix did truly believe he died. He found himself curled into a ball, sitting between the treads underneath one of his coworker's shoes. 


Zack, unfortunately, was not too lucky. He found himself, still alive, split in half between two treads underneath the titanic weight of an oblique eighteen year old human being. 


Alix looked up towards Zack, who was still holding his hand as Alana's foot lifted upwards to continue walking. Alix screamed, trying to pull Zack's top-half from his bottom, which was stuck to Alana's sneaker.


Alana's foot moved too fast for Alix's lack of strength at his new size. His grip slipped away from Zack, who became quickly silent as death was pushing him towards the ground at walking speed.


Alix stared at Alana, completely unaware to the life she just took, the living being with hopes and dreams and care for his friends who just perished underneath her. Practically a goddess to the likes of tinies, simple grains of sand compared to her size. He watched as she walked away, making a joke to Sasha about slipping in the mop water, pretending to do so, which is honestly what probably finished Zack off.


Lasius got back up from being shoved, looking back at the mop incoming from behind them. As close as it was, he knew running wasn't worth it. Instead, he accepted his fate, turning to Alix and saying, "The mop is here, pray that you survive, my friend." Within seconds it overtook them, wrapping around them and encasing them inside the soaking wet rope dragging across the floor.