- Text Size +

“Come on sleepyhead, it’s time to wake up~”

From the silence, a sweet and pleasant sound was suddenly born that many people would long to wake up to; the vocal cords of a young girl in love who was doing her best to help her partner wake up.

“Give me… three minutes…?”

The lethargic voice of the young man with black hair did his best to speak over the blankets that covered his face, barely being heard through his thick and comfortable shelter.

“But you already said that same thing ten minutes ago, Danny…”

“Then two...”

Not everyone is good at waking up in the morning and curiously, Danny wasn’t one of these, in fact he used to be an early riser and most of the time he wouldn’t be the type of student to be late for class for not paying attention to his precise internal alarm… however…

“You’ve become lazy… no one is going to be less tired for sleeping two more minutes!”

Perhaps because of the comfort that it brought him and the peace that living with Monica gave him, Danny began to wait for the ‘exemplary student’ to serve as his alarm clock, so little by little he added five-minute replies to his repertoire of excuses for each day that Monica was the one waking him up.

“I may have to work on getting up early again… but for now… use your powers to stop time for an hour or two… you know you can do it.”

This time with a slightly stronger tone, Danny gave a rather elaborate response for someone who was dozing, even putting his girlfriend’s powers in the way.

“You’re forcing me to take drastic measures... do you remember when you emptied that bucket of icy water on me so that I would wake up?”

But this time there was no response, most likely because she was being ignored; perpetuating the exchange with someone who was trying to wake him up was pointless and would even defeat the purpose of excusing himself to keep sleeping… or maybe that was what ran through Danny’s head.

“I see that you want to do things the hard way, huh…” In a macabre way, Monica’s lips outlined a smile that by itself filled her lips with venom.

Even for people determined to continue sleeping, there were certain things that would pull a lever... or pass a warning switch, that was when Danny felt that he should have gotten up without putting up any resistance, although perhaps it was already a little late...

“I-it’s okay, I’m already… up?”

A slight panic filled the boy’s stomach as he reluctantly removed the warm covering to find himself… in an empty room.

“Monica? Where are you?”

But just like he did a moment ago, his question was completely ignored, leaving him alone with icy silence and anxiety.

But it wasn’t long before he figured out what was going through the girl’s mind when an incredibly familiar voice shook the entire house… and probably even more than that.

─Maybe this way he can get up...?

The female voice traveled so violently across the country, and perhaps the world, that the earth shook with vigor, trees fell and entire buildings collapsed at the force emitted by vocal cords singularly larger than any structure ever made by the human race.

Danny knew very well what was happening and what was the reason for those overwhelming earthquakes that hit the entire Japanese country as if everything in it was made of jelly, because for her, everything around her was even less than jelly.

Between strong tremors that snapped him out of his drowsy mood, Danny made it out of the house, not without a couple of trips and falls, furniture tipping over, and glass breaking.

Seeing the sky, far above his head and any of the tallest structures in the region, and even the world, loomed a frightening sight to most... perhaps somewhat friendly to him, because not even with such a scale he was able to actually feel terrified beyond a graceful flutter of butterflies in his stomach, a faint anxiety that responded not to fear of death, but to expectation.

Two leaning pillars that stretched for countless kilometers, leaving the height at which the clouds dwell a child’s play in comparison, born from a colossal pair of brown shoes the same as those worn by the students of his own school.

The black pillars, however, led to a ceiling of flesh far above any human being, a ceiling of flesh that could be referred as ‘the biggest thighs mankind has ever seen.’

The person responsible for those thighs and striped panties exposed to the entire population, was none other than the girl who moments before had tried, unsuccessfully, to get Danny out of bed.

But very contrary to the terror caused by said girl of disproportionate measures, inside the boy a poison began to cook over a slow fire, a feeling not very usually born from his heart; jealousy? Jealousy of anyone else who might look up to find themselves seeing such a sight.

Still, it was hard for him to take in much of it, when beyond the legs encased in a thin (yet to her scale, incredibly thick) layer of stockings, he could make out a smiling face cute enough to freeze the heat born from the possessive and envious deadly sin.

“I think it was… right here!”

Snapping him out of his musings, a hand that, open, would probably be able to cover most of the land from the rising sun, moved just above his head and hid the land in a prominent shadow. Before he had any doubts about what she was trying to do, the girl stuck out her index finger as if she was pointing it directly at him… or at the very least, at the prefecture he was in.

“Monica... you can’t be serious...”

Almost as if she was responding to his complaint, Monica happily spoke up.

“It’s time to wake up, darling~”

The finger began to lower, making the shadow colder and darker. The pressure exerted by its rapid descent was promptly felt and all of that in a few seconds, caused by a pink-haired girl wearing the uniform of the school Danny attended, not to mention that the cataclysm was just one of the jokes of his extremely affectionate girlfriend.

And perhaps silently… or perhaps accompanied by a sound so loud it would deafen anyone, the fingertip landed exactly on his head, obliterating everything else in the vicinity, be it mountains, structures, or people.

 


 

And painlessly, blackness covered Danny’s vision for a brief moment before he felt a slight dizziness quite typical of his life lately.

***

“Come on sleepyhead, it’s time to wake up~”

“O-Okay, I’m getting up.”

Unlike the first time, Danny pulled the covers off himself quickly to see the girl who had previously announced the end of the world… next to his bed, smiling at him.

“Good morning, Danny.”

“You know… making such a catastrophe just to make me get out of bed is maybe… slightly extreme…” He said, making the sarcasm pretty clear on that last part

“What are you talking about?” With an evil smile, Monica feigned ignorance. “My powers are giving you pretty odd dreams these last days...”

“Yeah, sure…”

But it doesn’t take a genius to read that mischievous smile, the almost-omnipotent girl had such a fun morning, in her own way, that she couldn’t erase the smile that gave her away.

And perhaps for the better, Danny preferred to recover his old habit of getting up by himself, ‘it’s not like I want the world to end for every day the sheets stick to me’ he thought. Monica’s powers were so great once again, that without even manipulating Danny’s mind, they were able to give him a strong resolve.

Chapter End Notes:

You can find me on Discord as Exosaur#7911 and/or on Twitter as @ExosaurX where I will let you know every time I update my stories so you don’t miss out. If you like my work, don’t forget to leave a review!