- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This was a request from Jsmith20 who wanted a short story about an explorer who meets a giant fox-girl whose sweat has healing properties.

Jeremy hefted his backpack and consulted his guide book. This forest wasn’t totally uncharted; and supposedly the local giantfolk were friendly enough, but that didn’t mean it was settled, far from it. The map he’d purchased was hardly a map at all, with only two paths marked, both of which had been wildly overgrown when he’d found them. He’d decided to blaze his own trail, and had become hopelessly lost in the untamed mountains.

His stomach growled, and briefly he thought of setting a snare. There were a few edible plants around here, but they didn’t fill a man up like meat. The massive gun across his back was useless for hunting unfortunately, the weapon carried only a single large shell, one jokingly called by the Empire’s soldiers “the shoulder smasher.” It was an anti-giant weapon, supposedly as effective on the massive humanoids in the same way a regular gun would be against a man. The guide book insisted the local giant tribe was friendly, which by giant standards meant they wouldn’t intentionally step on or eat a human. Jeremy had opted for the smasher as a bit of insurance, though now, having lugged the weapon through miles of dense undergrowth, he’d have given just about anything to be carrying a standard flintlock, or even a crossbow, instead.

He looked up into the canopy of trees and froze, his eyes widening as he saw the golden-yellow orbs dangling from the high branches. These were the fruit he was after, said to be like a melon that grew on the branch, with a delicious flavor and a seedy interior. He’d hoped to bring some back and cultivate them somewhere, there was always a market for exotic fruit, and if could just establish a good sized plantation…

He shrugged off his backpack, leaning the heavy gun against a nearby tree as he prepared himself for the climb. Jeremy was an athletic sort, used to horseback riding, hunting, and even a bit of rugby, but as he advanced upwards he became very aware of just how high up the tree was… He gulped and forced himself to continue.

Fortune favors the bold, he reminded himself as the branch he was standing on creaked. He reached for the fruit, dangling from a perilously thin stem. Idly he wondered if it would survive the fall, then shrugged, he could eat it smashed off the forest floor. His stomach growled again as he reached for the tantalizing golden orb.

*snap*

The branch he’d been on gave way, and Jeremy screamed as he plummeted towards the forest floor. He felt an immense pain on impact, and he heard a series of snaps, realizing with horror that they were his bones. He groaned once, then thankfully passed out as the pain spiderwebbed over his body.

Jeremy came to hours later, wishing he hadn’t you are smashed like a bowl of eggs, he thought miserably. His legs jutted out at odd angles, but the most concerning thing was that he couldn’t feel or move them… his back, he realized, he’d crippled himself miles from civilization…

The forest rocked suddenly, and he looked up to see the tree canopies shaking back and forth. Something big was coming, a giant maybe?

All they could do would be to put me out of my misery, he thought, wincing at the pain. Giants wouldn’t have anyone proficient enough in magic to heal him, nor would they be able to treat his injuries using normal medicine, and that was if they really were as friendly as the book said… he might just be a sitting snack.

The figure paused, a few dozen feet out and hunkering itself down, trying to conceal itself in the forest. Jeremy frowned, it was an absurd gesture, who did they think they were hiding from? He tried to call that he could see them, but he ended up just coughing painfully.

Finally the trees parted, and an enormous young woman’s face peered towards him. She had long red hair, blue eyes, and curiously a pair of fox ears, was that standard for the giants of this region, he wondered? A puffy tail swished back and forth behind her, a massive bushy thing that could swallow him up in it’s softness.

“H-hey,” the girl said quietly, “are you all right?”

He regarded her a moment, well, if she’s unfriendly there’s not a lot you can do about it now.

“I fell,” he managed, coughing as the words painfully left his mouth. “I can’t walk, I think I…”

The fox-girl’s eyes went wide, and she quickly scurried closer to him, he saw now that she was wearing an immense cotton shirt and what looked like a pair of brown trousers. Her feet were bare and dirty, but otherwise she looked remarkably civilized for someone this far in the wilderness. She had a slight sheen of sweat on her brow as she looked down on him with concern.

“So, you’re human, right?” she asked finally, “not an elf, or a dwarf, orc, none of that stuff?”

“Yeah,” he coughed, “human…” had she really never seen any out here?

As if sensing his thoughts she blushed, “I uh… I’ve really only read about you guys.” She cleared her throat, “I can help you, it’s going to sound weird but…” she sheepishly grinned, “my sweat has healing powers.”

He blinked, “W-What?” He coughed again, “I’ve never heard of a giant that-“

“I’m not really a giant,” she said, her eyes downcast a bit, “I’m a kitsune, I guess humans used to worship us or something…” Her face brightened, “here, let me just pick you up!”

Her hands gently scooped underneath him, the massive digits curling around his broken body as she lifted him up to her face. The warmth of her breath washed over him as a pair of curious eyes larger than his head danced over him.

“Just hold still,” she said, bringing him over to her armpit. He grimaced as he saw the wetness of the fabric.

“Wait!” he protested, but even that action caused pain to rock his body again, and he was powerless as the fox-girl closed her arm over him, wrapping in him her shirt fabric and quickly soaking him. The sweat had a fresh outdoorsy odor, and it clung to him and filled his mouth with a salty flavor as he coughed and sputtered against the damp shirt fabric.

Light returned as she lifted her arm, freeing him. He was about to yell at her angrily, but then he realized something… he was standing in her palm!? He winced as he put weight on one foot, yes, he was still hurt, but he wasn’t crippled anymore. The sweat actually worked!?”

“Uh, thank you,” he said, embarrassed, “I’m Jeremy, what’s your name?”

“Annibelle,” she said with a smile, “but you can call me Annie!”

She frowned as she saw him wince in pain again, “you need a little more I think…” Her fox ears turned down a moment as she sheepishly smiled, “Do you uh, maybe want to come back to my den?”

“Sure!” he said eagerly.

She made a happy squealing noise, then seemed to collect herself, “uh, I better just carry you, if that’s okay…”

Annie’s den was a large cave hollowed in to the side of a cliff overgrown with vines. She skipped happily as she brought him inside, and he noticed an odd blue-green glow as they entered the cavern.

“It’s a bioluminescent fungus!” Annie said excitedly, “I read about it, and then went to find some so I could light this place!”

“That’s extraordinary,” he marveled.

The cavern itself had a crude mattress on the floor, as long and as wide as a villa courtyard. A simple table and chairs adorned another corner, and on the back wall stood a bookcase that towered like a castle, looming up over even Annie’s massive height. The books themselves were mostly in her size, and he wondered where she got them.

She saw his expression and smiled, “there are more civilized giant groups further into the wilderness,” she explained, “sometimes they trade with the ones around here, and they trade with me.” She grinned happily up at her bookshelf, “I’ve got quite the collection…”

“Why don’t you live with the giants?” Jeremy asked curiously.

“They’re uh, kind of scary,” she admitted, her ears drooping, “they sometimes come by to trade things with me, since I can make some potions and stuff they can’t, but I don’t think they like me much. I used to live in their village when I was younger, but on your nineteenth birthday you’re supposed to join the warriors and uh…” she gulped, “fight, they don’t really spend a lot of time reading.”

“That’s too bad,” he muttered, looking over her impressive library, “you must be quite the scholar! Have you ever thought about traveling? There are a few human outposts maybe two weeks from here, how long have you been out here by yourself? You should have come to visit us!“

“Oh, I uh, don’t know…” she muttered, her face red, “I’m kind of big, and besides who knows what kinds of dangerous stuff is out there?”

He gazed at her dumbly a moment, “you’re nearly one hundred feet tall Annie…”

“Yeah, but the jungle is full of mean stuff, like snakes!”

“You’re scared of snakes?” he laughed, “they’re but little worms to you!”

“They’re still scary!” she pouted.

She reached for the button on her shirt, undoing the top. Jeremy’s eyes went wide as she pulled the garment off. A brassiere held her enormous breasts in place, each one the size of a well stocked merchant’s wagon. She blushed slightly, biting her lip as he stared.

“You uh, should undress,” she said.

“U-Undress?” he balked.

“You’re still hurt,” she insisted, “I need to rub you down with some more of my sweat before I go wash it off…”

“Makes sense,” he muttered, slowly reaching for his belt. There was a scuttling sound and he was suddenly very aware of a giant face peering at him from the over the side of the table. Annie’s face was bright red, and she had a goofy smile on her face. He paused, giving her a curious look.

“I’ve uh,” she cleared her throat, “you’re a man and I umm…” she giggled, “I’ve only ever seen pictures.”

“Oh,” he muttered, fighting a blush himself. Slowly pulled his shirt off, the sweat from earlier had soaked it, leaving him with a garment that smelled like the musk of the fox girl’s armpit, an armpit he was probably headed for again, he realized with a grimace. He slowly began to lower his pants, the silence of the cavern broken by the fox girl’s giggle as he was left in nothing but his underwear.

“You can probably leave those on, if you want,” she said with a smile.

Jeremy licked his lips nervously, “do you uh… want me to take them off?”

“Yeah!” Annie rasped, a little too quickly. Her ears drooped and she cleared her throat, but her eyes were on him like a hawk.

Slowly, he brought his underwear down, stepping out of them and letting her see his nakedness in full. She made a squeaking sound, her grin broadening as she reached out for him. He gasped in surprise as he was picked up, brought to the eager fox girl’s face again for examination.

“Look at it!” she mused, stroking him gently, “it’s not like the books at all!”

“What uh-“ he gasped as she stroked him again, “what kind of books have pictures of…” he glanced down at himself, “you know?”

“Well, I’ve got one on anatomy,” she giggled, “and then there’s another one that’s more… recreational.” She slowly brought him down to her breasts, letting him slide between them. They were like soft pillows, enveloping him and coating him with the salty grime of her sweat. As she slowly kneaded them around him, he felt his aches and pains disappearing as it took effect. He groaned, both from the feeling of his wounds healing, and the feeling of her slick skin against his manhood as she kept going.

“Okay, let’s just soak you for another few minutes,” she said nervously, watching his face contort in extasy as she kept pressing her breasts around him. “That looks like it feels good,” she giggled, “uh… does it?”

“Yeah,” he managed. He hissed and arched his head back as he came, the spurt of his cum joining the sweat rolling down those massive breasts in the humidity of the cave. Annie’s eyes went wide as saucers, and a low giggle erupted from her as she realized what she’d done.

“Oops,” she said, her face crimson, “I uh… I didn’t mean to do that.” Her tail swished behind her nervously, “you’re not mad, are you?”

“No,” he laughed, collapsing back into her cleavage. “I feel better than I have in ages!”

“Good!” Annie said with a smile, “as long as you get soaked in my sweat regularly, nothing should be able to hurt you!”

He frowned, “really?”

“Yeah, it’s supposed to be as good as a stoneskin potion, at least according to the book I have on kitsunes.”

“That’s amazing!” Jeremy said eagerly, “do you know how long it lasts?”

“The book says a few years, but I just don’t think it really could,” she said, biting her lip, “I’m going to give you a coating every day, just to be on the safe side.

He froze, he didn’t mind being rubbed down in the giant fox-girl’s sweat once, it had been therapeutic, relaxing even… Every day? He looked up at the hundred foot girl’s smiling face and realized this probably wasn’t up for discussion.

Jeremy blinked awake slowly, hugging the silky soft blankets against himself. He frowned, blankets? Where did he- he opened his eyes fully and realized he’d spent the night wrapped in the bushy confines of Annie’s tail.

“Good morning!” her cheery voice called, and he looked up to see her waving sheepishly at him from behind a book. “I didn’t want to wake you,” she said, “you just looked so cute…”

“I probably needed the sleep anyways,” he said, stretching, “it’s hard to believe my back was broken yesterday…” he jokingly struck a fighting pose, “I feel like I could take on an army!”

“You remind me of Elric Far-Traveled,” she giggled, gesturing to the book.

“Elric Far-Traveled was my favorite book as a boy!” he laughed, looking up and seeing the familiar bearded face of the titular hero writ large across a book twice as tall as he was. “What’s your favorite part?”

“When the sea serpent almost has him,” she said eagerly, “but then he lights the tobacco on the deck, and fills it’s nose with smoke so it can’t track him!”

“A good one, sure,” Jeremy said with a sigh and smile, “but the Sea Serpent can’t compare to his riddle contest with the ogre, at least not to me.”

“I guessed most of the riddles the first time I read it,” Annie replied, turning a massive page.

“I’m guessing you’ve read a lot more books than I have,” he chuckled, “I thought they were so clever…” He thought a moment, “what did you think of the sequel? It had a different tone, a little darker, but I liked it.”

“There’s a sequel!?” Annie squealed. She bounded down the mattress towards him so quickly he almost tumbled over. Her fingers wrapped around him, drawing him up to her face, “Tell me what happens!” she paused, “no wait, don’t! Oh, I don’t know what to do!” she moaned.

“It’s a very popular book,” Jeremy grunted, straining against her tight grip, “if we head to one of the trading posts they’ll surely have it!”

“But it’ll be human size!” Annie wailed, “it’ll be too small for me to read!”

“I could read it to you!” he said.

She froze, then looked down at him slowly, “that would work!” she whispered excitedly.

“Then let’s pack, at your size we could reach it in-“

“Oh,” she muttered, looking out of the cave, “we’d have to… leave, wouldn’t we?”

“It’s not that far, really!” Jeremy protested.

“B-But what if they don’t like me?” she asked, “the giants don’t, what if the tiny people are scared, or think I’m gross, or-“

“Annie, I think you’re great!” Jeremy said, laughing, “and you’re hardly going to be the first giant sized person to walk up to a human trading post, that’s the whole reason they’re out here!”

“What if they shoot a cannon at me?” she pouted.

Jeremy fought a chuckle and rolled his eyes, “You’re a hundred feet tall and you literally ooze stoneskin potion, do you really think a cannon would do anything but startle you?”

“I guess not,” she muttered.

“If you want, I’ll introduce you to everyone, we could set out today!” He looked up at her, trying to give a reassuring grin. The fox girl’s ears flickered slightly, and her tail swished curiously as she tried to decide. “What would Elric Far-Traveled do?” Jeremy asked.

“He’d go,” She muttered, “I guess… I guess I should!” A smile crossed her features, “yeah, it’ll be a real adventure!”

“That’s the spirit,” Jeremy said with a laugh, “let’s pack!”

Annie stood at the entrance of the cave, clad in a billowy shirt and skirt that let her tail swish behind her. She had a tall pair of leather boots on, while she usually went barefoot she reasoned that, given how far they had to go, she’d want some footwear. On her shoulder her new human friend was perched, holding a strand of her long red hair for balance.

“Okay, so if we head due south, we should come to a waterfall,” Jeremy explained, consulting his map, “and from there-“

“Before we get going, let’s get you nice and safe!” Annie said with a grin.

“What do you mean-“ he began, but she was already taking off her boot.

“Oh come on,” he laughed, “Annie, the book says your sweat lasts for years!”

“I just want to be on the safe side!” she said, holding him up to the opening.

He sighed, resigning himself to his fate as the giggling fox girl dropped him in. The smell of leather and feet rushed up to greet him, and she waved from the top playfully as she lowered the boot back down to the earth.

“Just an hour or so everyday should keep you nice and invulnerable!” she promised. The world went dark as her foot slipped in, her toes curling around him and bringing him to the toe of the boot. She took a minute to press down on him slightly, fixing him in a comfortable place. While he felt pressure, he didn’t feel any pain, and with a sigh in his damp prison he consoled himself with the fact that he was uncrushable now.

Outside Annie hummed happily as she started in the direction of the waterfall, excited for a future full of adventures with her new human friend.

Chapter End Notes:

This was a request from Jsmith20 who wanted a short story about an explorer who meets a giant fox-girl who's sweat has healing properties.