- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've had a super busy few weeks and the next chapter for week 5 is going to be a big one. I didn't want to have another week with nothing though,  so I've written up a short interlude to fill in some gaps.

It builds some plot but no growth or anything! Sorry!

Trish's teeth ground together as she watched the women charging after Jennifer. Alvarez clamoured to her feet, chasing after the group.

"Shit, Maria is seriously - Hey! Where you goin'?!" Candice shouted after Trish. She'd stood from the table and begun power walking away.

"I'll be right back." Bullshit gang politics was not getting in the way this time. She walked to the canteen doors, slightly around the corner, and then broke into a run. A tile shaking sprint. A frown etched into her face, she raced after the group. She was not going to let this happen.

They'd gotten quite a lead, but she tailed the wolves, closing the gap with each long stride. She blew through groups of people in her pursuit, not caring who saw. Quickly, she zoned in on Alvarez, the staggler. The one that lagged behind the rest of the pack as easy prey since Jennifer had winded her.

A well timed shove sent her careening into a cell, swearing as she swung in retaliation. Trish had hardly slowed, and was back at full speed in no time.

She realised what Jennifer was planning as she caught up to the rest of the inmates. She was taking them to medbay. Clever.

She slowed her pace, keeping a slight distance but ready to step in if they did catch Jennifer. Fortunately, the white rabbit got away and guards were barking at the four women. Trish came to a halt, heat coming off of her as the well oiled machine cooled.

She turned to make her way back but found a sweaty, puffed out Alvarez blocking her path. "What the fuck was that, pendeja?"

Her skin crawled, the notion that she was surrounded, occurring to her. The four women behind her were arguing with the guards but that wouldn't last long. "My bad." Trish shrugged. "I was just trying to get passed."
"Bullshit." Alvarez said, holding the knife up. Trish's large frame together with the women behind her blocked the threat from the view of the guards.

Trish stood tall, putting her hands on her hips. Like some bird in a dominance display, she made herself big. Even bigger than she was. While Alvarez was sweating, breathing heavy and bruised from two separate women, Trish looked like the run had been a brisk walk. She loomed larger than life, filling the hallway. "Really wanna try that, bitch?" 

The rumours about what Vásquez had done to the aryans were still fresh and the idea that Trish could wipe the floor with people like that played on the woman's mind. Her eyes darted up and down the statuesque form in front of her and then to the guards.

She hid the blade. "This ain't over." Alvarez said, disgruntled,  stepping aside to let Trish pass. Trish strutted passed her smugly, chin high, purposefully displaying zero fear of a surprise attack. She'd learnt early on in life that if you act like prey, you become prey.

Her path crossed with Candice after some time. The more spherical woman had tried to chase after her friend but her robust physique didn't lend itself to a sprint. She was still regaining her breath. "Gurl.... What the.... Fuck." A suppressed laugh slipped out of Trish.
"I'm sorry, Candy. I just couldn't watch them do that shit to Jennifer like that."

"Mhhhhmmmm?" There was a lot of judgement in that noise. "You mean you couldn't let them do that to your girl?" Trish rolled her eyes.

"It's not-"

"Trish M. Hunter, don't you lie to me."

That resulted in a long, slow blink. "Did you just middle initial me?"
"I wanted you to know I mean business."

"Fine. Whatever. 'My girl' then." There were finger quotations around the words. Trish honestly didn't mind Candice knowing about their relationship. In fact, it felt better having someone in the know. She'd play it off as a joke, but knew better than trying to pull the wool over Candice's eyes. She already knew.

"Well, seeing how things are going, you might have to fight for your girl soon." A growing fatigue was filling Trish. All anyone ever talked about with her was her growth, encouraging it and, fighting the other gangs. There was a direct, inverse relationship between discussing it and her motivation to do it.

Recently, she felt more like a tool and less like a person. The gang used to mean something to her. Friends. A sisterhood. Support. G37 had sucked that away, or in the very least, masked it completely. It left a bittersweet feeling in her. She was amazed by what the compound could do, but despised what it took away with it. At this point she just wanted to be done with the trial.

Candice's grin lifted some of the darkness. "Shit, why didn't you tell me you found yourself someone to vent with? Y'know, vent with." Her eyebrows wriggled the second time she said vent.
"It's kinda complicated." Trish admitted as the two strolled through the prison. "C'mon, I wanna go talk to someone."

Candice followed, nodding. "Complicated is an understatement, honey. You've got to deal with the big bad wolf to get to your girl."

"I know. That psycho has her claws in her and now all the Lobos are after her too." It felt good finally saying some of this out loud. Trish scanned the empty cells.

"Who are we lookin' for?"

"Jessica."

Candice's eyes narrowed. "She's on laundry today. Why are you looking for her?"

"Just need to check something." Trish said, keeping things vague. Candice was smart enough not to push further. Trish would tell her when the time was right.

They delved deeper into the prison, going down into the basement level where the laundry detail was placed. Rows and rows of huge machines jostled and rumbled together in a chorus of cleaning. Trish and her portly partner in crime walked through the women sorting and cleaning clothes.

There was no sign of Jessica. However, they did catch sight of a firey mane of hair, plaited into a long braid. "Yo, Rachel. Where's Jessica?" Trish already knew the answer, walking into the quiet corner of the laundry room. The quiet corner with a closet.

Rachel was sat on a chair, hunched over a phone she shouldn't have. "She's in there - Wait, don't go in!" As soon as Rachel had thrust a thumb over her shoulder Trish had breezed passed to open the door. She knew what Jessica would be doing in there. Not who with.

Inside Jessica was half naked, ravishing a guard who was literally drowning in cream coloured curves. Her red overalls were down to her knees, a black vest yanked down to leave her breasts in the humid air of the tiny space. The guard had his trousers down under his ass, shirt open and chest bare. He looked to match Jessica's 6'3 but was being overwhelmed by her, definetly not steering the sexual encounter.

Her flushed face turned to the doorway, "wha-what the fuck, Rachel!?" The redhead fell off of her chair in a bid to close the door. Trish couldn't even make out which guard it was ensnared in Jessica. Fingers gripped her pale ass, holding a thigh against the guard's waist. Their crotches were mashed together, Jessica pounding him into the wall while he weakly thrust back. A single breast smothered his face completely, keeping his upper body glued there too.
When Jessica leaned backwards to grab the door handle Trish and Candice finally identified the guard. The door slammed in their faces. The two women looked to each other, both slack jawed. A crimson faced Rachel ushered them away, grumbling about how she was going to be in the shit.

There was a pregnant pause as Trish and Candice stood in the laundry room, background white noise a comfort. "Fucking Jackson?" Candice finally broke the silence.

"I knooooow! " Trish gushed back, laughing. "Of all the fucking guards.... Hey, I think you should get out of here. Jessica is gonna be pissed at me."

Candice winced. "Yeah, fuck that. I'm out. Holla if you survive." Candice shook her head as she waddled away. A final, disbelief laced "Jackson?!" Was heard by Trish over the machines.

It was only a few minutes later when the man himself walked passed, shirt missing a few buttons, a dishevelled air about him. He kept his cap low over his eyes. "Bye, lover boy." Trish sang as he walked away. The quip had made him jump just slightly.  She wasn't sure if she should be happy for him or feel bad for him. Jessica had been fucking him into oblivion. And every passed day meant she'd be fucking him even harder into oblivion.

She picked her way back through the laundry room, towards Rachel and the closet. Jessica was wringing her out like a teacher scolding a student. "You call that guarding the door? Man, I'm gonna tell Selina not to give you anymore burners. What were you even doing?" The pale woman shouted, seeming gargantuan over her seated friend.

"I was playing candy crush! You got me standing guard all the time, I need something to do!"

Trish cleared her throat and the two bikers stopped arguing. "What do you want?" Jessica asked.

"Well, I thought interrupting you getting it on would be funny, but I mainly came to ask some questions. Firstly, Jackson?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, it's not like we've got a buffet of fuckin' men to choose from." Jessica replied theatrically.
"Fuck, you pretty much are using the guards as a buffet." Rachel scoffed. Jessica shot daggers with her eyes but the redhead looked far too proud with herself to be phased.
"Aight, next fuckin' question." Jessica addressed Trish, moving her hands one over the other, trying to speed this whole ordeal up.

Trish looked down to Rachel. "It's kinda sensitive." A more serious tone descended on the trio. Jessica's annoyed sarcasm dropped. She rolled her tongue along the inside of her cheek as she gauged what to do.

"Rach, adults need to chat, go take a lap." Rachel looked from one red clad woman to the other tutted and then got off of her stool.

"That shit's not funny." She said, looking miniscule between the two six foot plus women.

"It's kinda funny." Trish smiled down at Rachel. They waited a moment for her to leave.

"What's this about, Trish?"

Trish strolled over and took a seat on the stool. She worded the question in her head before she finally spoke. "Would you ever fight Vásquez?"

Jessica hadn't expected that and her face showed it. "Um, no. I like not being dead."

"What if it was both of us against her?"

Now Jessica looked bamboozled. "Trish, where are you going with this?"

"Everything is getting tense because of this medical trial. The aryans are getting fucked. Lobos are pushing on every edge. Things are going to hit a boiling point soon. Our gangs our tight, and the way they're treating us... I think we're gonna have to deal with Vásquez."

Jessica whistled. The words resonated. She knew exactly what Trish was talking about. The way people were reacting to her, the tension in the prison... "Shit, for things to get that crazy it's gonna take something big. You wanna be that spark?"

Trish clenched her jaw, thinking about Jennifer stuck with Vásquez in medbay. That's where they'd have taken her, right? Only dark thoughts came to mind. "Yeah, maybe I do."
"Well, I don't want to be that spark." Jessica shook her head, crossing her arms and propping up her massive bust further. "But if things do get crazy ." She sighed. "You know the niners got your back. I've got your back."

The extra clarification made Trish break into a smile, white teeth dazzling against her darker complexion. "Yeah. I thought so." That was true but she still felt relieved hearing it. "What's going on with you guys and the aryans?"

A laugh bubbled up. "Shit. Just waiting and watching, right now. They've stopped running drugs in block B and a few of them got moved to block A. Even Amber is there."

"Yeah, not many of them left in block B. They're on their last legs."

Jessica tilted her head a notch. "I wouldn't say that. They've always been snakes. Even if you cut off the head, they'll still bite. They're not dead.  Not by a long shot." She was right. Trish filed away the idea to keep an eye out for them, just in case.