- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a warning, kind of a graphic fight near the start of this chapter.

Jennifer had been bursting to spill the gossip of what she'd found out for days now. She only trusted Trish with the new information but hadn't been able to get any time alone with her. She felt like her brain was going to explode.

After the new guard had realised the error he'd been a sputtering mess, yanking Jennifer away from the door and promptly shoving her down the corridor. In the end, Jennifer herself had led them back to the medbay. As soon as she returned from her treatment Vásquez had descended on her with a barrage of questions. They were mainly centered around one topic: 'why didn't I get my dose of G37?' She was pissed to find out her own growth had sabotaged her getting the dose.

What really had Vásquez furious was hearing that Jessica was growing too. Later in the day there was even talk of Selina growing. Only two of the six were left at their original size. Jennifer and Amber.

Although it stung, Jennifer did find it a tad reassuring that she wasn't the only one that hadn't grown. Amber, on the other hand, had gone from a wild, vicious woman to a quietly simmering, rage filled powder keg. She was clearly unhinged normally, now, the situation had her rabid, on the edge of a psychotic meltdown. Jennifer hadn't considered it before but she was probably feeling some pressure from upstream in her gang to grow as well. The aryans couldn't be the only gang without a 'nuke'to deploy, right?

When Jennifer did see Amber once in the canteen she'd been amazed to find that the woman's  broken nose looked far better. In fact, Jennifer had never heard of a broken nose healing that quickly. Then again, the huge blotchy bruise on her stomach had faded in record time. Perhaps G37 had some healing properties, she mused.

Either way, now that every gang apart from the aryans had a growing woman, the prison was beginning to change.

The aryan's influence dwindled as both lobos and nation chipped away at their territory. Their ability to sell drugs and trade was being cut down and fights were beginning to break out. The ecosystem had been disrupted, the food chain unravelling. Previously, the Niners would have come to help mediate a peace between nation and aryans, but this time their long term allies were sitting on the sidelines, biding their time.

With Jessica growing, their small gang size was set to be less of a disadvantage. Especially if they kept their relationship with the nation strong. Jessica was bigger than Amber now. The curvy bombshell had gradually swollen up to 6' even and had always been able to throw a punch. Now that punch would have a lot more weight behind it.

Weights smashed to the dry ground, kicking up dust. Vásquez had been doing deadlifts. With the weight she was now able to move, everytime she dropped the bar, it felt like an earthquake was starting.

Although she hadn't been given her last dose, her passive growth hadn't slowed. She'd continued creeping bigger and taller, forcing her body to grow even without her regular intake of G37. She'd passed 7 foot last week, only a day after Jennifer's lack luster dose. It was like Vásquez was rubbing in the fact that she didn't need a dose to grow.

Now, only three days after that, Vásquez was somewhere closer to 7'6. She was over two foot taller than her tiny play thing. Jennifer's eye level was at her belly button, forcing her to stare up at her tits and crane her neck to make eye contact. If Vásquez was walking in front of her, she had an almost direct view of her (frustratingly) glorious ass.

Maybe it was just some mental self preservation to keep from going insane, but Jennifer's hatred for the amazonian had numbed. Or maybe being forced to spend day after day with your oppressor was similar to being a rock on the coast. The tide smoothed your edges out. Then again, being subjected to the mind bendingly attractive form of the monster could be the driving factor in quelling her anger. Vásquez was gorgeous. Annoyingly so. And there was more of her to appreciate every day. Spending this much time in such close proximity meant lustful glances were plentiful and unavoidable. Jennifer always cursed herself for giving into them afterwards.

Whatever the reason, Jennifer's anger had dulled. Sure, she still hated being around Vásquez, but it was a benign, underlying anger. Her pure, distilled hatred had become muddied.

Vásquez added more weight to the bar. "Jesus." Jennifer said under her breath. She gripped the bar and rose, taking it with her upwards. The metal actually sagged under the weight held on either end. She must have been lifting over 500lbs.

Jennifer did the maths, quickly and felt her brain stutter. She checked the count. It was actually closer to 600lbs, at 575lbs. Yet Vásquez was able to keep going, rep after rep until she was done. Without thinking Jennifer spoke. "Holy shit. Well done." It had been a awe struck reaction that she hadn't quite been able to contain.

Vásquez had been about to add more weight on when she turned to look at her, bemused. Jennifer had been diligent in her rebellious act of staying silent. It was the only thing she could really do to show her anger towards Vásquez. These were the first words she'd said in a while. There was a flicker of an emotion across Vásquez's face that Jennifer couldn't place. It was quickly gone, a heat haze or mirage in the desert. The usual smug grin replaced it as if it had never been there. "Thanks, blondie. But I'm not here for your praise. Go get -"

"Vásquez!" Bellowed a voice across the yard. It was Scar (who Jennifer had found out was actually called Alvarez). She had a bloody lip and swelling forming on her face, kicking up dust as she ran. The lobos split like the red (but actually orange) sea, giving her passage to the giant in the middle of the ocean. "The ar-the aryans." She managed, breathlessly. "They fu- they're fucking up Tanya and Melina in the showers because we were dealing." The showers was another area that drugs and contraband was traded. They  were held in a large, blue tiled hall which was connected to the bathrooms by a set of changing rooms. It was the perfect place to have a shady deal due to the lack of cameras.

"Go tell Maria. Everyone else stay here." Was all Vásquez said. A dust cloud replaced her towering form. Powerful legs had churned up the sands beneath her feet like a leaf blower. Pounding footsteps could be heard as she tore across the yard. Jennifer hesitated for a moment.

Fuck it. She wanted to see what would happen. She gave chase.

It was only once she'd started running that she realised how insanely quick Vásquez was. Shorter, weaker legs meant she was running at a snails pace compared to the blistering speed Vásquez was moving at. It did feel like she was running in the wake of a storm though. Doors that had been bashed open, groups that had been barrelled through.  It was easy to follow hurricane Vásquez.

Jennifer was surprised at how well she was coping with the long sprint. Her continued work outs and G37 were bearing fruit. Okay, her legs did burn as she rounded a corner. Cardio was hard to do in a cell, in the middle of the night. 


Finally, the storm chaser got closer, getting to the long corridor that led to the showers. She could hear shouting as she drew closer.

Upon entering she was greeted with the thud of knuckle on flesh. She'd made it just in time to see Vásquez punch a woman with a shaved head, sending her off of her feet and crashing into one of the toilet stalls. There was one woman collapsed against a wall, cracks around the epicentre of an impact above her head. She was slumped forwards, unconscious, leading Jennifer to believe Vásquez had probably driven the back of her head into said wall. Another two bodies were strewn across the floor, blood pooling around one of their head's.

She'd devistated four women in the time it took Jennifer to catch up. Two more were attacking her, swinging with homemade knives. The difference in reach meant Vásquez could gracefully flit backwards. It was oddly beautiful watching them fight. Like some macabre ballet of glinting metal and violence. Vásquez pivoted suddenly and swung a leg in a vicious, scythe like arch. It sledge hammered into one woman's ribs with an audible crack and sent her stumbling into the other woman. They were a tangle of limbs for a heartbeat. Enough for Vásquez to step forward and blast them to the floor with two thunderous strikes. Jennifer was amazed at the precision Vásquez used to dispatch the women. Every blow had been surgical, striking vitals. There were no wasted movements.

"Well, that was boring." Grumbled Vásquez, looking around for the other lobos. She noticed Jennifer in the door, "what are you doi-" her eyes moved upwards and Jennifer felt a prescene loom overhead.

"If that's so boring why not pick on someone.... Your own...." Hilda ducked beneath the doorway, her girth filing it and pushing Jennifer deeper into the bathroom. She'd finally gotten out of solitary confinement, ready to go get revenge on the woman who had put her there.

But that woman, the one she'd been looking down at from half a foot, was no longer the same. The differences in size had been switched. More than switched in fact. Vásquez seemed mountainous compared to Hilda, eight inches taller than her. Even Hilda's more rotund form couldn't give the illusion that she was bigger.

"Size?" Vásquez finished the sentence, just deepening the dumbfounded expression on Hilda's face.

Vásquez snatched Jennifer's wrist and pulled her deeper into the tiled square. She gave her a shove, pushing her into the changing room area and stepped in front of her. The bathroom space wasn't large. Four cubicals along one wall, about 10 foot of space and then a narrow doorway that leads to the changing rooms. Beyond that there was a similar sized space and the showers in a much larger area.

Jennifer couldn't help but marvel at how these two behemoths filled the small bathroom space. The space that should hold four or five people was crowded with just two.

"Y'know, it's gonna be hard to pick on someone my own size since, well, I don't think there is anyone." Vásquez said planting her hands on her hips, taking up even more room.

The cogs were turning in the blubbery woman's head. When she didn't have a witty retort she roared, "fuck you!" Her overly telegraphed lunge wasn't rewarded with a hit on her target.

Vásquez bobbed, weaving under the punch like a boxer. She went from fluid to solid in a moment, body turning rigid as she sprang back against the direction she'd been moving and unleashing a left hook that dug deep into Hilda's fat side.

It drilled through the padding and smashed against bone, making the woman's entire rib cage shake. She let out a wail similar to that of a wounded boar, and swung her own, wild left hook. Vásquez darted backwards and slid under that one too, delivering a straight, knocking the woman's head back hard.

In all the action Jennifer hadn't caught the movement in her peripheral vision. She hadn't seen Amber slinking out of a cubical with a shiv. This had been a trap all along. Hilda and Amber were the pair that would take Vásquez down. The other six had been a sacrificial distraction.

Vásquez would have seen Amber if she wasn't trying to keep Jennifer away from the action. She was making easy work out classing Hilda, untouchable as she landed combinations. Amber rushed forwards, aiming for her spine. Jennifer saw her seconds before impact. She tried to say something, do something but she felt like she was stuck moving in molasses while the world span around her. Some warrior sixth sense sent alarm bells ringing in Vásquez's head and she twisted her body at the last second, knife sinking into her side.

Blood bloomed like a rose around the wound and Jennifer heard a scream. The sound was forgein to her ears and it took a moment for her to realised she'd been the one screaming. A blow rocked Vásquez making her stagger, Hilda finally landing a hit. She grit her blood stained teeth and pressed her back to the sink lined wall.

Like this, the two aryans stopped and looked at one another. Vásquez was injured but clearly too much of a threat to attack head on. She shot them a grin. "What are you waiting for?" Even their surprise ambush hadn't worked.

A manic desperation gripped Amber, but began to loosen as she looked to Jennifer. A cruel smile split her face. She lunged and grabbed her, twisting her body around and putting the shiv to her throat.

Vásquez moved forwards, but Amber pulled back, dragging Jennifer with her. "Uh-uh!" She giggled, hauling Jennifer towards exit of the bathroom. To Jennifer's bewilderment Vásquez actually stopped. "Come closer and I paint the tiles red, bitch." Jennifer felt the blade bite into her flesh. It wasn't a bluff.

"Hey, Hilly. How about you go over there and work over that giant cunt? Oh, and if she fights back, I drain her little whore like a pig." Amber's laugh grated in Jennifer's head. She couldn't believe what was happening. She was a hostage being used against Vásquez. And somehow it was working.

Hilda charged forwards and kicked the towering latina in the stabbed side, knocking her against the wall. She rushed forwards clumsily swinging at Vásquez. And the titan just... Took it.

"Work the body!" Amber cackled, hyena like. "Get her in the stab!" Hilda listened and moved down to deliver a fist to the injury. Vásquez growled and leaned against a sink, refusing to fight back. Her eyes were glowing in the softly lit room, a fire behind them. "Oh-ho! I don't like that look, Hilly. Wipe it off of her face!"

Footsteps echoed down the corridor and Amber's head jerked up as she heard them. "Fuck. Hilly, we gotta go!" She shouted. But Hilda had Vásquez against the wall, choking her. She was too focused to hear about the need to retreat. "Hilly!" Amber tried again before giving up and pushing Jennifer into the bathroom, slipping away.

"I'm gonna.... Fucking murder that little bitch.... After you!" Hilda grunted, pouring gasoline onto an inferno that was already too big to control.  Vásquez's eyes glinted as she looked to Jennifer. Seeing Amber gone, she finally let loose.

A vicious punch to Hilda's side loosened her grip. Even in a savage fury, Vásquez was brutally efficient. She knew exactly where to punch to feel the crunch of Hilda's bottom two ribs. The second punch snapped Hilda's head to the side with a sickening velocity. Jennifer stepped back as teeth skittered across the tiles towards her. Maria and a handful of Lobos arrived only seconds after Amber left. Blood and teeth serenaded their entrance.

Hilda had followed the teeth, now on all fours, clawing at the tiles. An inhuman growl rattled through Vásquez as she launched off of the wall and buried her shin into Hilda's side. The kick actually lifted the fat woman from the ground and span her onto her back, shaking the cubicals as she bounced off of them. Jennifer had no doubt her ribcage was a jigsaw puzzle now.

Vásquez mounted her, straddling the giant aryan, and with her left hand, pinned her to the ground by the throat. With her right hand, she bludgeoned Hilda repeatedly, a roar bellowing out and rumbling the tiles. The punches were like artillery fire raining down. Vásquez was lost in the red mist. She wasn't stopping.

Jennifer looked to Maria and the lobos, who had no intention of stopping Vasquez. They were fucking laughing. Cheering.

Jennifer felt her stomach turn. She came to life, rushing forwards, wrapping her arms around Vásquez's right bicep and using her whole body to pull back. Three more blows landed before Vásquez shook Jennifer off.

"Stop!" She screeched, loud and long, throat feeling like sandpaper. The lobos grabbed her, pulling her away from Vásquez. But it had worked. It snapped the jaguar like woman out of her murderous haze and Vásquez looked toward her. Her piercing gaze transitioned to confusion and then a new anger.

"Stop?" She asked, letting go of Hilda and struggling to her feet. "They just tried to kill you and you want me to stop?" Vásquez stalked towards Jennifer, hands and side dripping with blood. Her vest was stained red from a mix of her and Hilda's blood.

"She's gonna die!" Jennifer cried.

"SHE SHOULD." The response made Jennifer's ears ring. "You're fucking ungrateful, you know that?!" A huge finger stabbed at the air towards her. "I just got turned into a punching bag for you and you want me to stop?" Vásquez rounded on Jennifer, looming larger and larger as she grew closer. The lobos held her tighter, not sure of what to do.

"You did what?" The voice sliced through the bathroom. All eyes turned to Maria. "You let yourself get beat up for this jue puta?! What are you, fucking stupid?" She asked tapping her own temple.

Vásquez bottled her anger, struggling to keep her voice controlled. "Maria, they had a shiv to her ne-"

"So fucking what!? She's just a piece on the fucking side. She's not worth you getting stabbed or... Or fucking anything! She's worthless!"

Vásquez looked appalled. "We're fucking lobos, Maria. You know what that means. We don't leave people behind. They stab us, we gut them. They kill one of ours" Vasquez slapped a hand to her chest to emphasise the point. She thrust her hand out, pointing through the walls of the bathroom. "They all die. It's how we fucking roll, Maria. " She actually sounded distraught.

"Yeah. Us. Not her. She's not a lobos, Andrea." Maria was speaking with her hands too now, pointing at the lobos and then Jennifer. "Her?! She's just some bitch YOU keep around! You should FUCKING DROP HER FOR THIS SHIT."

Vásquez squared up to Maria. Stood in front of her like this they may as well have been David and Goliath. She made Maria look miniscule.

"That's right. She's fucking mine. So I ain't letting some cracked out, white bitch kill her." She leaned down, bringing her face closer to the gang leader. "And I ain't letting you tell me what to do with her."

Inmates shifted nervously as everyone watched. Maria never wavered. She never flinched or stepped back. It was an immovable object and an unstoppable force colliding. "Are we going to have a problem, Andrea?" She asked, eyes narrowing.

There was no backing down. Eyes were glued to the two alpha females in the middle of the tiny space. Boots stomping on tile was deafening and somehow a relief. The energy in the room changed again. Guards flooded in wearing riot gear and piled onto the women. Batons came down hard as Vásquez and the lobos began to brawl. In the tiny box, it was chaos. Jennifer darted through the crowd, trying to avoid  the mess of bodies. She wasn't able to though. An elbow bashed her in the temple and the lights went out.

Her next memories came in murky bursts. She remembered the bathroom spinning as an irate Smith screamed at the guards. Vásquez was carted out, wearing zip ties instead of cuffs. Hilda was taken out next, draped over a gurney that was barely surviving the weight. Her chest was moving up and down. Jennifer remembered that even through her swampy senses.

Two hours later, she was sat in medbay with Smith, waiting for her next dose. Her head was buzzing but, overall, she was fine. She tried to make sense of her memories, piecing them together bit by bit. They'd been forced to use zip ties on Vásquez because she was too big for handcuffs. Smith had been barking at the guards in a very uncharacteristic way. Something about the trial being too important for this. Hilda had survived. At least until medical support arrived.

Jennifer gingerly brushed her temple, hissing at the pain that laced her nerves. She'd been fully conscious for the last 30 minutes, unsure of how to feel. It was her fault that Vásquez had been beaten and stabbed. If she'd just listened to what she said initially this wouldn't have happened. Or if she'd been brave enough to grab Amber.

Then there was the whole Vásquez, Maria shit storm that she was at the epicenter of. Maria saw her as nothing more than a discardable stress ball for Vásquez. Something that shouldn't get in the way of gang life. Vásquez saw her as a possession. Her own object that, if damaged, would slight her honour. Neither option could be considered a win.

Selina came into the room flanked by guards, olive skinned features looking pensive. "How is Vásquez?" She asked, eyes going from Smith to Jennifer, questioningly.

"She's fine. The minute she got into a bed she started demanding lunch and her protein shake." He tried to give a pleasant smile but his jaw clenching gave away the lingering  anger. His granite poker face was cracking.

"Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case." Selina said with a tight lipped smile. She tried to mask the obvious worry but it shone through.

"Come on." He said waving the two of them to the ID controlled door.

The mood of the journey was sombre. Jennifer didn't keep track of the maze this time. What she did notice was Selina ahead of her. They'd been the same height. Now Selina was three inches taller. Great, another person bigger than her. With all the madness of the last week and a half, she felt hollow and hopeless. Even if she did grow you'd have psychos like Amber who weren't afraid to shiv you in the back. Fuck, she'd been trying to paralyse Vásquez... And  Jennifer had almost let her succeeded.

"If you don't show some signs of the treatment having an effect, this will be your last dose." Smith said as they went through the initial steps. Jennifer was too down already to let this impact her. She doubted anything would happen. This would be the last time she'd be stabbed by the needle, at least.

When they were in bed, hooked up to the purple chemical, a melodic, accented voice spoke. "You know, this isn't the first time she's been stabbed." Jennifer looked up at Selina, confused.

"What?"

"Vásquez."

"Yeah, I know who. Why are you telling me?"

"I thought that you look worried." Selina said, shrugging.

"I'm not worried about her." Jennifer spat back like an angry teen.

"Really? Your eyes are puffy." Jennifer was too proud to admit she'd been crying. However, even if she had been crying it wasn't for whatever reason Selina thought it was. Jennifer wasn't some worried girlfriend.

"Look, " the blonde sighed. " It was my fault. If I hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened that way. They got the drop on her because of me. Like, I feel guilty, but I'm not worried about her. Shit! I wish she was fucking dead." Jennifer realised it was a lie after it came out. What was wrong with her? She had every right to wish it was true but just couldn't. She battled with the realisation but reluctantly told herself it was just because she was a good person. She didn't really want anyone to die. Not even Hilda.... Right?

"I do not think that you mean that." Selina said, a motherly tone in her voice. It contrasted perfectly with Jennifer's ccurren, angsty mood. She bit back a sassy response and fixed her stare forwards. "I wasn't lying when I said I thought Vásquez likes you."

"What?!" Jennifer blurted, unable to hold her tongue. She sounded offended.

"A few weeks ag-"

"I know what you're talking about. What do you mean?"

Selina had her turn to sigh. "I've known Vásquez for a long, long time. Before we were here even. She likes you, trust me."

"Doesn't fucking seem like it." Jennifer said, incredulously.

"Well, no, probably not. But Vásquez does not work like other people."

"No shit, she's a psychopath. She doesn't like anyone. The only emotion I've ever seen from her is anger." Jennifer had angrily parodied Selina's accent as she said like. 

"She is not a psycho." Selina was more forceful with that statement. For the first time ever Selina seemed frustrated. "You... You do not understand what made her."

"What does that mean?"

"Where she grew up, life is not easy." Jennifer wondered how she knew any of this. The enigma of a woman had always been mysterious but this could never have been expected.

"How do you know Vásquez so well? You're K13, how do you even get to interact with Vásquez." Jennifer thought back to the conversation with Trish. Rival gang members didn't get to be friends.

"Who said I was K13?" Scoffed Selina. Across the room, Smith's ears perked up. Even he'd thought she was a part of the cartel backed gang. "I am a smuggler. I don't work with one gang. I have ties to K13 but I also have ties to Lobos, columbians, Russians, nation, the niners and yes, even the aryans. I get what people need where they need it."

"Aryans?" Jennifer couldn't stop the edge in her voice after what had happened in the bathroom.

"If they pay, they pay. I can always increase the price for asshole." Selina winked, like this was a regular topic people joked about.

Jennifer looked up at the half empty IV bag. She'd need to fit a lot of talking into a short amount of time. "Okay, so Vásquez had a shit childhood. Big whoop. All the people in here did."

"Not everyone had to kill before being a teen." Well fuck, that answered some questions. "I met her when she was already in the gang. She grew up on the streets, with no one. The gang kept her alive." Selina leaned forwards now, a huge smile on her face. "Do you know they used to call her bean pole? Because she was so tall and skinny?"

Jennifer could actually feel her brain slowing down. Bean pole. Vásquez. After all the insanity of the day she just - she just couldn't right now.

Selina read Jennifer's expression and continued. "Yeah! Don't be fooled by what she looks like now, Vásquez had a hard time putting on any weight. She'd eat and eat and eat and still be a stick. There's a reason she works out as much as she does."

Jennifer needed to change topic or her brain would start to melt out of her ears. "Alright, whatever. Why do you think she likes me?"

Selina let out a short chortle of a laugh. "Seriously? Apparently, she just got beaten down by a 6'10 Nazi for you."

"How the fu-"

"I trade with people. Secrets. Goods. Money. They're interchangeable." She waved a hand dismissively. It was dawning on Jennifer that Selina was far more than she let on. She was truly something different compared to the usual prison residents.

Jennifer thought back to the bathroom argument with Maria. She thought up a counter, clutching to the idea that Vásquez saw her as nothing more than a toy. "No. She... She said I'm hers. I'm an object to her. I'm disposable."

Selina tutted. "You don't get it. Maybe Maria sees it that way, but Vásquez only cares about the gang. Maria uses people like tools to get money and power. Even Vásquez knows she is just a tool for Maria. But money, power, they mean nothing to Vásquez. The gang gave her a home. They gave her a life. She would have died on the streets if they did not take her in. For her, loyalty is the most important thing in the world. It does not matter what she calls you. She likes you and that means you are the opposite of disposable."

Jennifer pondered on this, mind racing through every interaction she'd had with Vásquez. She still couldn't come to terms with the idea that Vásquez saw her as something more than a breakable toy. She hypothetically ran with the thought though. If Vásquez did... That situation could be even more dangerous. Jennifer didn't want to be in some warped, abusive relationship with Vásquez. And if she pulled away how would she take it? A shiver ran through Jennifer. What if she found out about Trish? "What if I did something that Vásquez saw as a betrayal?"

Selina's eyebrows rose. Her half lidded eyes always made her look tired. That's why many people had erroneously written off Selina's intelligence. Right now Jennifer could see those eyes calculating. She was trying to work out why Jennifer would ask that question. She pouted in thought and then gave an answer. "She would kill you. It would be personal so it would be extremely painful."

That was a disturbing statement. How can Selina argue she isn't a psychopath and still give that answer? "Thanks for the explanation." Jennifer replied, glumly, sinking down the bed.

"You're welcome!" Selina said cheerfully.

The quiet in the room returned and Jennifer checked to see how empty her IV bag was. Almost done now. Almost done and then she could close this bizarre chapter of her life and go back to being Vásquez's bitch.

Selina gave a little "hmmmphf!" Her eyes had screwed shut and she looked like she was in a slight discomfort. Her fingers bunched into fists and she shook a little. It looked like some invisible person was pinching her. Jennifer didn't understand what was going on until the growth actually started.

The response to the chemical was subdued for Selina. Slow and steady she stretched up and out just a little. Then she opened her eyes and relaxed, a half inch bigger than before. "That was the most Selina thing I've ever seen." Jennifer said shaking her head. The difference in reaction to the chemical was ridiculous.

No one waited for Jennifer to have a reaction. All attention was on Selina. It irked Jennifer. A streak of jealousy ran through her and again, negative  thoughts plagued the tiny blonde. This was it. Another dream dead. Another shitty draw from the deck that left her in a terrible position. She couldn't run. She couldn't fight. She couldn't do anything. Just like in the bathroom. She was just helplessly frozen in time while the world stepped on her. The mafia. The justice system. The gangs. The bullies. The beatings. Vásquez. Amber. Now this? That one ray of hope snuffed out? A hot rage began to bubble and boil beneath the surface.

Jennifer's heart thudded harder and harder in her chest. She wanted to cry. She wanted to scream. She wanted to lash out and break something. She wanted to explode.

Jennifer gasped. Her chest constricted, lungs crushed by.... Something. A fire burned through her veins. Not fire. Magma. Jennifer let out a strangled cry as she tried to move but found her body contorted and rigid. She felt like her nerves were shorting out, electronics with a voltage too high running through them. She tried to scream but only a wheeze came out. The room was twirling around the bed she was strapped to and static began invading her vision. A jackhammer pain emerged on her temple and she grit her teeth. She wanted to breath. She wanted fresh, cold air in her lungs but her diaphragm had succeeded, going rogue and disobeying her most basal instincts. The burning welled up. Too much. This was too much. Something was wrong.

What a twist of fate it would be. To roll snake eyes and be killed by G37 instead of growing. How fucking pathetic. It hardened Jennifer's determination into titanium. No. Not this time. Vásquez didn't give up. She didn't give in to the pain. Nor did Trish.

Nor. Would. She. Delicate, slender, pale fingers clenched into an angry fist, knuckles turning alabaster. Jennifer's eyes sparkled like emeralds. The inhale started slow but picked up speed. The air almost whistled through her teeth as she watched her chest exapand with oxygen. Spittle flew as Jennifer exhaled a throaty growl.

Through the hot, burning pain she focused on another sensation. Of bones shifting. Teeth grinding. Clothes tightening. Growth.

Jennifer's spine lengthened, vertebrae popping and clicking as they stretched further apart. Like she'd been curled into a ball for hours and was finally stretching. Stretching endlessly. Her feet grew distant as her legs stretched too. It was happening. It was finally happening to her!

It was surreal. She was moving without moving. The bed subtly shrank around her, restraints creaking, wrists widening and muscles on her forearms swelling. Jennifer could feel the mattress under her depressing around her spreading weight. She could feel her ass pushing against the springs. The glutes that had burned when she went through squats in her cell were now singing, the muscles thickening. Her legs and hips followed suit. The railings on the side of the bed grew closer as Jennifer flourished.

Her overalls unravelled around her, the baggy material filling. The rough fabric pulled taunt, lines forming as the material was stressed by the flesh inside of it. It was delightfully odd. Like putting on clothes too small and then trying pop the buttons by puffing up. But she wasn't trying to and it was her entire body shoving out.

Jennifer looked to her feet ploughing outwards, filling her plimsolls, forcing her toes to bend. God, this was amazing. Through the nerve shattering pain it was somehow blissful.

Jennifer wanted more. She wanted to be bigger. Craved it. She wanted her shoes and clothes to burst. More. More of her. She flexed every fiber of her being, begging for more.

She watched eagerly as the plimsolls began to struggle, the canvas material stretching and becoming lighter around her toes.

Just one stitch. One pop. One. More.... Millimeter.

Then it stopped.

Jennifer sank in the bed, breathing hard. "Fuck!" She shouted. She'd been so close. She looked up to see surprised faces. That annoyed her a little. Why were they so surprised? Didn't they expect her to grow too?

The nurses rushed over to unhook Jennifer. When they did she tried to hop out of bed. Her feet smacked the floor and she swayed a little. Vertigo hit her, her body and brain finally meshing to agree on what had just happened.

When she regained her balance Jennifer looked to Selina, stood opposite her. She looked down into her eyes. Selina was smiling up at her, a half inch shorter.

Jennifer had grown a full 4 inches.  Now the surprise made sense.

"You frog leaped me!" Selina said gleefully.

"Leap frogged." Jennifer replied, her own smile growing wider. "I'm taller than you. I'm.... Fuck."

A tiny nurse stepped forward and offered a hand. "Are you experiencing vertigo?" It was her nurse. The one Vásquez had lifted up like a doll. The nurse that had initially been assigned to her. Vásquez's wonderment made sense now. This poor nurse was the measuring stick for everyone after their growth.

Jennifer beamed down at her and wrapped her up in a hug. The guards moved forwards so Jennifer was forced to cut it short with a quick squeeze. "No, no. I'm fine. The vertigo passed." The nurse looked a touch surprised but the corners of her eyes, under the mask,  told Jennifer she was smiling back. This was one of the more pleasant interactions she'd had here.

Jennifer slipped the ID card into her waistband. She'd have to transition it into her new clothes discreetly.