- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


“Well you’d better fill me in on the best way to set this scene up.”

"That’s just what I had in mind. Now Arthur, if my memory serves me well, she'll prepare a morning tea snack, and then bring it out and sit on that seat facing the flowerbed, while she eats it. You’ll have to hide in the flowerbed, while she's inside.”

"Don't you wish you could come back in time with me after reducing to normal size, and watch what happens?"
"We'd spoil our plan, if she saw me. I'll remember what happens to my younger self, when I'm in my time anyway. Don't tell her you're a time traveller."

"Yes, Miss Balfour."

"You can call me Colleen," she said, "I'm not your teacher now."

"You'll always be Miss Balfour to me," he said, "I wonder what she'll be like, when I make sure she sees me."

"She's had her teacher’s qualification for a while. She enjoyed teaching at your school, and then taking on her sabbatical break. She's used to having authority. She has everything she wants in life. When she captures you, she'll be pleased, amused, and quite unsympathetic to your apparent plight," said Miss Balfour, smiling down at him, with her own amusement, "If you have any second thoughts about this, they won't do you any good, once she gets hold of you. She'll eat you all up, and continue enjoying life."

"I won't have any regrets, Miss Balfour."

"I'm very proud of you, Arthur, and grateful."

"I never had a girlfriend, Miss Balfour. I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever known in any time period."

They said their goodbyes and he returned to his own dimension and made preparations.

He took his time machine back into the past by over a year, to the time that Colleen was on sabbatical. By materializing inside her house, he was able to avoid the problem of breaking in. He shrank the machine right out of recognisable size first, watching it dwindle beyond the size of even a dot. Then he shrank himself and slipped under the door into her garden.

Soon he saw the past Miss Balfour arrive. She walked through the garden, with her back to him, and unlocked a door, and went into the house.

He recalled the conversation he’d had with the present day giant Miss Balfour while they’d been talking themselves to sleep, when they had selected this date for his arrival in the past:

 

He looked up, and watched Miss Balfour walk out of the garden. He turned around, in the flowerbed, and looked past the seat towards the house. He thought about the situation he had placed himself in. He grew even more thrilled at the prospect of being caught and eaten whole by the beautiful past Miss Balfour.

After around 20 more minutes of personal reflection, he saw the past Miss Balfour open the door in the distance, step out, and walk across the garden, with something in her hand.

She reached the seat, sat down, and he saw that she was carrying a plate with something on it.

He peeked up out of the flowerbed, about a meter away from Miss Balfour. She looked every bit as beautiful as he'd remembered her at as his teacher.