- Text Size +

Ryan#6 arrived when she was 40, to see her sitting with her arms folded, wearing a brown patterned skirt and a white blouse. She wasted no time on this occasion, simply announced, “I’m going to gobble you up,” placed him into her mouth for several minutes, and then gulped heavily.

Ryan#7 arrived when she was 46 and only just a widow, about to go into semi-retirment. She had her hair up, and wore an evening gown that reached just below her knees. She kissed him and swallowed him with the same speed of despatch that her 40 year old self had shown.

Ryan#8 met her at her age 49, but not at the school. As she was in semi-retirment, he had to go to her home. Having remembered the way to her house from Ryan#2’s ride on her steering wheel, he approached a school girl when nobody else was looking, and asked her to take him to Sandra’s front garden and leave him there. Then he snuck under Sandra’s door and soon saw her walking in his direction. Wearing a light brown skirt and a medium brown jumper, she was all smiles and kisses as she took him home and set him down on the carpet. He waited while she went and changed into a neck to knees dress. Then he saw her step forward and squat down to reach for him. Her legs looked awesome, as he compared their size with his own meagre dimensions and awaited yet another round of becoming her next meal. She stuck her tongue out at him several times. He saw how wide and thick and sparkly it was and noticed that it seemed to become more and more attractive with age. No wonder he’d liked her so much when she was 57.

She kissed him many times, and then prepared him in the kitchen, smiling in amusement, put him in the oven, closed it, waved at him through the glass window and turned and walked away. She soon returned, sat in front of the oven until he’d warmed up, then carried him to the table, sat down and picked him up and opened her mouth wide in front of him. He had one of the best chances ever, to stare in at her yawning tonue and fully appreciate the view, before she placed him into her mouth and let him lie there until the gulp came.

Ryan#9 never knew exactly at what point he’d arrived. He knew it was when she was in her fifties, but he was not aware that it was during the school holidays just before she resumed teaching, or that he had arrived on the day of her interview with the school board for the purpose of re-engaging her as a teacher. What he did know was that he was the last of the Ryans, since he’d been the first one to drop out of the time stream while the fragmenting original Ryan was careening into the past from the time in which Ellie Blish’s shrinking ray had corrupted his time travelling process.