- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Colleen returns, or more to the point, Gordi returns to Colleen's past.

Gordi was a 13 year old student of Miss Corlani’s time travel class. He went to the shops one Saturday, looking at comic books, and then went to the Food Mall Centre for lunch. One of his teachers Miss Woodfield was staring at him from another table, where she was also eating. She wore a red cardigan and a black dress. Then she brought her lunch over to his table. 

She asked him to her house for lunch the next day, as she had something she wanted to show him. He went around on the day, and she served their lunch. They ate, and then she showed him a device, which reduced him to tiny size.

"Don't worry, it can be reversed," she said, "I wanted to play a special game with you. I hadn't finished designing this technology until last year. I was hoping to shrink you, let you hide, until I found and caught you, and then eat you, by swallowing you whole, but not all the way down. Then I’d cough you up again, restore your size and we could play the game again another day. You could be my little Dollipop.”

"It's incredible," he said, "An amazing way to use your mouth."

"Would you mind doing that?"

"Not at all, if it would make you happy. Are you asking me if we can play such a game today?"

"Would you like to?"

"I'd be happy to. It sounds exciting, especially since I don't have to be eaten permanently."

He agreed to this exciting chance to be with the beautiful teacher in any capacity. She explained that the house had once belonged to Miss Balfour, who had moved away now. He remembered Miss Balfour and thought that both teachers were beautiful.

Each weekend he enjoyed coming over and playing the game.

One rainy day, they were playing it as usual. Miss Woodfield found him hiding in her bedroom, picked him up and put him into her mouth. She gulped him down her throat, and then coughed him up again.

The next day, he decided to experiment with his time machine, just for a short trip. He waited until the end of the Sunday, around bedtime, and then set the machine to travel to Miss Woodfield’s house at the beginning of the day. He would let her think that it was his morning self coming around to play the game as usual.

Just as the time machine reached her garden, lightning struck struck it, and something happened. The machine surged, and shrank with him shrinking inside it.

The storm had suddenly vanished. It was not raining, not even overcast.

He did not know it yet, but he was now much further in the past than he had intended to go. He slipped under Miss Woodfield’s door and into the house.

Gordi wondered what had happened, and then noticed that a woman came in, wearing a dark blue dress. She wasn’t Miss Woodfield, but Miss Balfour.

When the machine had received the lightning surge, it had moved further back in time, crossing the period which had been affected by the Ring of Reversal. Both Gordi and the machine were reduced to tiny size, not by the lightning, as Gordi believed, but by the dispersed shrinking energy from the Ring of Reversal’s side effects. At this point in time, Colleen had not even invented her shrinking device yet.