- Text Size +

Two weeks after his grandfather died, another student from the school named Morton, went to the cemetery to visit the grave, and saw that Miss Corlani was there too, also visiting a grave.

She approached him and said, "You look a little young to have lost anyone."

"My grandfather," he said.

"Oh. My husband died on that ship that sank years ago. You were probably too young to have heard about it. I was lucky they even recovered the body."

"It's nice that you can keep such a lovely smile, after facing such a loss," he said.

"I'll tell you a secret," she said, "I've invented a time capsule. It's about three inches high. I'm going to write a message to my younger self, and send it to her in the time capsule. It should arrive in the past. It will warn her to call my husband and tell him not to be on that boat. That way he'll live, and I'll have changed history."

"I'd love to be able to time travel," he said.

"I'd never fit in the capsule."

"There's a way you could. I have borrowed someone else’s invention. I could shrink you for your journey through time. At the moment, until history is changed, I'm a widow in this time, and you're a very handsome boy. When you said I had a lovely smile,… well, is that because you find me beautiful?"

"Yes. I think you're very beautiful."

"My friends don't know I'm planning to change the past. Would you come to my house and cuddle me for the afternoon? I'd like very much to kiss you as well."

"Nothing could make me happier," he said.

She hugged him, and her cheek rested against his own. It was fantastic.

She took him to her house, and invited him onto her couch. He sat down beside her and she put her arms around him and kissed him passionately on the mouth for a long time. He ran his finger over her lower lip. After a whole afternoon of passionate cuddling and kissing, she said, "Well are you ready to make the trip back?"

"Yes. You might as well shrink me, so that I can get used to being tiny while you're writing your letter."

He waited for her to use Miss Woodfield’s device and shrank to tiny size. She placed him on the table, and finished her letter. She folded her letter and placed it in an envelope. She lifted the sleeve to lick it, and he was about to ask her why she felt the need to seal it. Then he thought that the last thing he should do was discourage her from displaying her lovely tongue licking the envelope. He watched her lick and seal it, and then she took the time capsule out of her drawer, placed the envelope inside it, and picked him up and kissed him.

"Good luck," she said.

She sent him on his journey, and he materialized on her desk in the past. Her younger self was seated at the desk, and had her hair down, and wore a long black dress with a dark jumper over the top half of it.

She looked up, and saw him open the door of the tiny time capsule and step out with the envelope.

"I must have used this in the future, if you're here now. Did I invent a shrink ray too?"

"No, but your friend in the future has one. We met in the future, and your future self wrote you a letter, which will explain everything."

She took the envelope, opened it and held the note up to read it.