- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Things get complicated

you can find the rest of this story, along with many more and a few renders as well, at my patreon page: patreon.com/sokosix



[part 2]

The first time Sophie had shrunken down, she'd had a panic attack. Seeing her own room from the perspective of a mouse had been a terrifying experience. She had changed in the opposite corner of her room. On a normal scale, it would have taken her three or four steps to reach the weights she had set up, but at her size, it would have been like walking two blocks. As soon as she had realized this, she had even been sick, and had thrown up on the floor. Of course, this was listed among the warnings on the booklet that came in the mail, but she couldn't know this since she had skipped most of it. Another important thing she had missed was the total lack of responsibility claimed by the company that sold the kit. Sure it was riddled with safety measures, but as soon as you were down to size, you were basically on your own. 

"Abort! ABORT!" She screamed into her oversized cellphone. She was glad to see the world around her gradually become much smaller, until she had reached her own height. With her heart racing like she'd ran the 100 meters, she sat. It took her some time to regain the strength to get dressed, and some more to decide she should probably have cleaned the vomit from her floor. She laughed out loud when she saw the tiny mark she had left on the floor. It was barely visible, and it took her a single wipe with a wet napkin to erase it completely. "Damn" she said, to nobody in particular. "Was i that small?". Even though she was so eager to try her new weights, she decided to give it some time. She relaxed for a few hours, but eventually she got the courage to try again. There were a number of relaxing techniques on the brochure she had chosen to ignore, but she would never know. This time she set up her shrinking spot much closer to her desk, double checked if her door was locked, and pressed the button once again. She thought she was ready for the feeling this time, but the world kept being incredibly scary once she had dwindled down; only this time, she was prepared. She started breathing using her own techniques to calm herself down, and eventually thought that in any moment she could grow back just by using her own voice. It worked; she focused on getting dressed, and finally proceeded to train. The feeling was incredible. The weights she had held on the palm of her hand no more than a few hours back felt heavy exactly as the real thing, and even if she had no way of measuring them accurately, the various sizes felt about how they were supposed to based on the markings. It was amazing.


Four weeks later, the shrinking process had stopped being a problem. Once she was shrunken, Sophie was much more used to her giant surroundings. Her training regime had started to pay off, to the point that the customers that went to her house and even her flatmates had started complimenting her on her shape. They would ask her how she was able to do it, but she would never tell the truth, too afraid to say to people around her that se was so vulnerable for a couple of hours a day. Whenever she would train, she would tell her roommates that she was going out, and would then lock herself into her room, trying not to be heard. Her roommates would usually be too stoned to even tell if she'd actually left the house or not.

She would usually train in the first half of the morning, where she felt she had more energy but on a particularly warm monday morning, she overslept. She usually didn't like indulging in lazyness, but that morning she had really enjoyed the feeling of lying in her bed without nothing to do. She'd stepped out of bed at 10, which was very unusual for her, but hey, it was the silver lining of being unemployed. She set the coffee machine and went back to her room. She then set up her shrinking device, stripped absent-mindedly, and pressed the button. Once she was dressing up for her training, she remembered she had made coffee, but she didn't feel like growing back and getting it. 

The doorbell rang during a particularly heavy set of squats. Of course it took her roommate an eternity to get to it, but in the end she managed to reach the door. She heard undistinct voices coming from the entrance, and after re-racking her weight, Sophie turned off the music to hear who it could be. "No, i don't think she's home" she heard her roommate say. "Can you please check? I'm supposed to meet her at 10.30" the other woman answered. It took Sophie a few seconds to realize that they were talking about her, but then she immediately realized that the woman who had entered her home was Celeste, one of her clients. "Shit" she said out loud. How could have she forgotten? She cursed herself for not writing down her appointments like she had always promised herself. She heard her roommate knocking on her door a couple times, and she hid in the deepest corner of her desk. Had she locked the door? The fear of finding herself in that state in front of her roommate paralyzed her. Luckily, the woman simply stopped knocking, and went to tell her client. Sophie sighed in relief. But now she had to figure out a way not to look bad in front of Celeste. True, she was one of her most annoying customers, but she was also apparently one of the richest. She had always paid the full fare in time, and Sophie had managed to squeeze some extra money out of her with weekly plans and other bullshit. She considered growing back and pretend that she was sick, but then she decided that she would wait for her to leave and call her on her phone, apologize truly, and telling her she had an emergency. After all, it would be a shame to throw away a good training session. Her plan dramatically failed when her stupid roommate said the last thing she'd wanted to hear "Look, she could be back any minute. You can wait for her into her room if you want". That bitch! She was complicating things unnecessarily. "Ok thanks. I'll try to call her in the meantime." Celeste sounded annoyed, and Sophie heard the two pair of footsteps approaching her room. She panicked. There simply wasn't enough time to grow back to size, and her only hope was in the fact that she'd most likely locked her door. Her heart sank when she heard the door budge, and heard the two girls entering her room. "Do you want some coffee?" She heard her roommate say. She wanted to yell you fucking bitch, but decided to stick to her hiding place and wait for the best.