- Text Size +

Heather stood, staring down at Rebecca and Erica. It was a new feeling, at least when it came to Erica. Her old friend used to tower over everyone when it was just the girls. Now it was her turn. She rubbed her arm, anxiously feeling the new pad of skin and muscle that had grown around it in the last few hours. "There's coffee, if anyone needs it." Rebecca mentioned, trying her best to destroy the silence for good.

"I'm already caffeinated." Heather replied. "Erica?"

"Hmm?" Erica said, still lost in the shadow of her massive friend. Heather looked amazing. Even in her baggy t-shirt Erica could see a body to die for. After a morning of staring at herself naked in the mirror, the last thing she expected to feel so soon was envy.

"There's coffee." Heather said, nodding to the approaching Rebecca, who now held a mug for her.

"Oh, perfect." Erica took a sip. She smiled up at her friends. They smiled back.

"Ok, enough of this." Rebecca said, sitting down with a flourish. "Let's get it all out now."

"What?" the other two played dumb.

"You know how it felt. I know how it felt. Let's get past the awkward part of how hot we all are now and just enjoy it." Rebecca said. 

The other two rolled their eyes, looking at one another. Could you believe this girl? Heather sat down on the couch next to her, ready to watch some television and never speak of it again.

"It felt amazing." Erica said. Heather shot back up.

"It felt amazing." she agreed, despite herself. "I mean look at me!"

Heather stood up tall, raising her arms as the t-shirt rose with them. It was still too baggy to show anything, but the effect worked all the same. Rebecca was standing right in front of her in awe. 

"I'm trying, but it's a little..." Rebecca moved behind her tall friend. She grabbed the middle of her shirt and pulled it tight. Suddenly, Heather's curves were exposed along the tightness of her shirt. Her breasts squeezed against it, jiggling with the movement.

"Hey, oh... I mean, damn." Heather couldn't help but stare down at herself. Erica watched, lifting her hand toward Heather's frame.

"Look at these dynamos." Rebecca said, rounding the corner on Heather and cupping her breasts. Heather, shockingly, let it happen. The attention was getting to her. "I expected something after my stint with the virus, but this is just next level, Heather."

"She was always an over-achiever." Erica agreed, sneaking a poke at her breast as well.

"Not necessarily. Technically you grew more than I did, Rebecca." Heather reasoned. "Like 10 or 11 inches?"

"One of those." Rebecca replied, entranced.

"Ok, enough with the fondling. It was fun for a minute." Heather shoved them away. They stumbled back, surprised by her strength. Heather was, too.

"You can feel mine if you want, Rebecca." Erica said.

"You dirty dog." Rebecca said. "Present arms."

"I don't have anything on under this thing." Erica said, pointing to Pat's oversized hoodie.

"The boys won't be back for awhile. I'll hold the door if I hear them coming." Heather said, approaching.

"YOU dirty dog!" Rebecca spat back.

Erica shrugged, lifting the hoodie over her head. Her breasts rippled out as the hoodie came down around her arms. They were perfect, pert, and round. Rebecca approached, sizing them up like a purchase. "Pretty good. Not bad," she joked. Erica laughed. "Not the best I've seen at market, but they'll do."

"Oh go fuck yourself." Erica, laughed again, shoving her. "Putting yourself on display at the pool like that. We can't all be exceptional."

"Looking pretty exceptional where I'm standing." Rebecca said, getting closer, feeling the curve of Erica's breast.

"Won't Dave be jealous. I saw the way you two went at it last night." Erica teased.

"No! You and Dave?" Heather sputtered.

"I'm surprised you could see anything but Pat." Erica shot back.

"Well that's no surprise." Heather contributed. She let herself feel Erica's breast, making tit for tat a little too literal.

"Nothing came of it, believe it or not." Rebecca said. "For either of us, it sounds like."

"Really?" Erica asked, surprised.

"He's only got eyes for one girl, it seems." Rebecca replied, her eyes darting toward the door, and the room behind it just across the hall.

"Still?" Heather said. "Ashley and him were never even a thing, really."

"Fire's still burning, as it seems." Rebecca sighed. "He was very sweet about it, though."

"The week is still early." Erica insisted. "You never know."

"I guess so. Seems like everybody's already pairing up. Can you believe I haven't even had sex since... this?" She said, pointing to her ample form. "Bought the car and haven't even given it a test drive."

"Gross. Don't compare yourself to a car." Heather insisted.

"If it makes you feel better, I haven't "tested" myself out either." Erica promised.

"Oh, that's right. Well if none of us have, I don't feel so bad," Rebecca said.

Heather rubbed her arm, failing at nonchalance.

"You DIRTY DOG!" The other two screamed at her.

"Keep it down, this is a hotel." Heather shushed.

"Is that what Kevin said?" Rebecca joked.

"Oh please." Heather rolled her eyes.

"Had to do it at least once before you told the world, huh." Erica teased.

Heather smiled, she couldn't help herself. "Twice." she cooed.

The other women shouted again. "How was it?" Rebecca pleaded.

"It was pretty... we had a good time." Heather replied. "The driver was satisfied, and he is looking to make a down payment on a very reasonable leasing option." They all laughed.

"You sure know how to ruin the metaphor." Erica said.

"Well, I just want somebody to take me for a ride." Rebecca laughed. She grabbed her whiskey-spiked coffee and drank it down, filling the cup again with just plain old booze.

"When did you start this morning?" Heather asked.

"Did you ever really stop?" Erica added.

"It's a party, and I am once again tired of being the only one having fun." Rebecca handed Heather her own mug of booze. She tried her best to resist, but Erica got in on the demanding as well. She poured a splash of booze into what was left of her coffee and they all clinked their mugs in commencement of the day's ceremonies. "Race you to the bottom."

Rebecca started chugging her mug. Erica joined her right away, as Heather's protests were drowned out by her competitiveness. Heather took one big gulp, surprising herself how quickly she could put it away.

"Heather the Tank returns!" Erica shouted, finishing her own mug.

"This time with bigger guns!" Rebecca laughed. Heather laughed back, already feeling tipsy. She gave them a flex, watching surprising biceps pop out from her t-shirt.

"Oh jesus." she laughed. "The stores I'm going to have to shop in to rebuild my closet."

"Girl, please." Erica replied. "If this is just the beginning of a new wave, the stores will have to keep up with US."

Heather nodded. She hadn't thought about how the rest of the world would look more like her, rather than her trying to fit herself in with her new self. Erica took another swig from her refilled mug.

"Race is over, Erica. I won." Heather said.

"Well I wanted to give the loser a little consolation." Erica said. She took another swig, looking at Rebecca, whose eyes had grown more despondent since she'd brought up Dave. Erica felt bad, she'd meant to hear a story of her friend's conquest. How she applied her new body to make sweaty, passionate love to their dear friend Dave. A celebration of friendly nonsense. Now she realized she'd opened up a wound for Rebecca, who'd obviously spent the night alone. "I just gotta work up the courage."

Erica stepped forward. She took Rebecca by the waist and stared her straight in the eyes. "I think you'll get to test that body of your's out sooner or later, stunner." She kissed the shocked Rebecca as Heather gasped behind her.

Rebecca stood back, stunned. Erica laughed. "We haven't done that since college."

"We never kissed in college." Rebecca said, giving herself some air. She hadn't expected that in the least. And she certainly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as she did.

"We didn't?" Erica asked. "Then who the hell did I kiss?" 

"Ok, drunky. Let's get you some cheese." Heather moved Erica toward the snack table, helping her get the carbs in to soak up her little stunt.

"I feel funny." Erica said, stuffing her face.

"You just chugged two mugs of bourbon. I bet you do." Heather said, patting her friend on the back. 

Suddenly, Erica whipped around, facing Heather. Her eyes were perfectly clear. Then, they shut tight. She moaned, as her whole body tensed.

"Are you gonna throw up?" Rebecca asked, hurrying up next to Heather in support. She held a trash bin in her hands. Erica stayed tense, she felt her whole body pulse with pleasure. It wasn't that good a kiss, she thought as she felt the hoodie ride up her stomach. Oh god.

Heather and Rebecca watched as Erica grew all at once in front of them. Like a long, slow spasm, her body shot upward. Her arms slinked down her sleeves as her stomach, still tight from the experience, made itself known. A full six pack formed as her head rose toward the ceiling.

She opened her eyes as the sensation faded. "What the hell was that?" she said. "Did that happen to either of you?"

Erica looked down at her friends as they shook their heads no, in shock. Oh god, she was staring down at Heather again.

"That was so much." Rebecca said, fanning herself. 

"Do you need to sit down?" Erica teased.

"Do you?" Heather asked, more seriously.

"No, I think I'm... good." Erica inspected herself. She lifted the hoodie, feeling her now larger breasts as she smushed them down to get a better look at her rock-hard abdominals. "I think I can skip the gym for a... while."

"Same." Heather agreed. My god, did she catch herself feeling... jealous?

"How tall are you?" Rebecca asked.

"Hell if I know. How tall are you, Heather?" Erica said.

"Tall?" Heather replied weakly.

"That's it." Rebecca rummaged through her bag, pulling a thin white card out of it. She shoved it in Erica's hand and stomped to the wall, standing up straight against it. "There's a pen on the desk." she shot back at Erica.

"And what do I write on here?" Erica asked.

"Don't write anything. Mark me. On the wall." Rebecca pointed to the top of her head.

Heather took the card from Erica, grabbing the pen from the desk. "And what's this?" She asked, shaking the card in front of Rebecca.

"My vaxx card. You have to get a new one if you catch it after vaccination. They mark your final height on there and you have to prove it's stopped completely after a week of checkups." 

"Damn." Erica said, thinking how much further the two of them had to go in the process. She just watched the room shrink in front of her over the course of seconds. Her body was in full revolt, fighting the virus any way it could.

"I'm 5'11". I've been 5'11" for the past month. So mark me." Rebecca demanded.

"Won't Dave be mad? Scuffing up his room?" Heather asked.

Erica scoffed. "Look at this place. We gave up taking care of corporate property drinks ago."

Heather shrugged. She took the pen, and scratched a mark perfectly at the top of Rebecca's head. She scribbled "5'11"" next to it.

Next, Rebecca took out her phone. She searched for an app that gave accurate inch readings. Soon enough, they had scribbled along the entire top of the wall, one inch at a time, to a final 7 feet.

"Think it's enough?" Erica asked, staring up at the final mark.

"God, I hope so." Heather sighed. Rebecca grabbed her, and moved her toward the wall. "Wait!" she pleaded.

"Don't you want to know?" Rebecca replied.

"I don't know if I'm ready." Heather said.

"Now or never. Do it before we need to make more marks." Rebecca teased.

"Don't you even joke." Heather glared at her. It was the most frightening she'd ever been, and she wasn't even trying. Rebecca stepped back. Heather sighed, and placed herself against the wall.

"Straight." the looming Erica said, stepping in front of her to get an accurate reading from above. "No point in faking it."

Heather stood up straight. Erica watched as the tip of her head made contact with a solitary mark on the wall. "Are you ready?" she asked.

"Just get it over with." Heather shot back.

"Six foot two." Erica replied.

Heather sighed once more. She stepped away from the wall. "And let's hope it stays that way." 

Erica watched her glide past her. She watched the top of her head, knowing that meant her own reading would be higher than that. She woke up that morning coming to terms with being around six feet tall. Having Pat next to her, her original height, was a good metric to keep tabs on how she was changing. Now she was surrounded by amazons, so her perspective was warped. And she dwarfed them.

She stood up against the wall. Rebecca joined her, sliding the desk chair up so she could see the mark above her very tall friend's head. "Six foot four!" she gasped, almost not ready for the reveal.

"Seven inches." Erica said, in awe.

"I've got nine." Heather said reflexively. Her competitive side wouldn't die.

"For now." Erica smiled. There was no use fighting it. She raised her glass. The others followed, and they took a shot to celebrate their new tracking guide. They'd made their peace in that way. No more hiding. It was time to embrace change.

"Where the hell is my husband?" Heather asked the universe, swallowing the last of her shot.

"How long does it take three men to move a mattress?" Erica agreed.

"Two mattresses, really." Rebecca tried. "Wait!"

Their eyes whipped to her. "What about my mattress?"

"The fort won't be complete without all available mattresses." Heather agreed. She stood up tall, feeling her strength. "Why don't we show them how it's done?"

"We'll show them more than that." Erica said, standing to her own true height. Rebecca giggled, imagining the looks on the men's faces they were certainly about to see. She rushed toward the door, ushering the others out into the hallway.


In Kevin's room, the three men sweated along the narrow entryway to the door. "I think if we just take a step back, it will actually fit." Dave reasoned.

"No, just shove it!" Pat debated.

"Oh my god, you haven't even got it out the door yet." They all turned as the doorway filled with an impressive sight. Heather stood in the way, her face glistening with booze sweat. Her eyes shone mischievously. Dave and Pat dropped their ends of the mattress. They still hadn't gotten used to their most domineering friend having such a dominating figure. Kevin smiled. He could only hope she was here to help.

Heather strode into the room, pushing the others aside. "Now watch me." She stood at the end of the mattress, kneeling down to grab the bottom. Pat and Dave tried to look away as Kevin admired his wife's round bottom tighten in her pajama pants.

"See, that's going to be too heavy to lift from the end." Pat insisted.

"Sure about that?" Heather cooed. Pat contained his arousal as best he could as Heather's piercing gaze found him. "Let's ask the experts."

From the doorway, Rebecca appeared, carrying her own mattress down the hall. "Seems to be the way to go!" she shouted as she passed them. The men's jaws fell open. Dave could tell from his dealings with Rebecca the last couple days that she was stronger than she looked, and a lot stronger than he remembered. But to see it in action like that left them stunned. Then something even more stunning crossed the doorway.

Erica sauntered by, easily carrying her own mattress the same way. "What's the hold up?" she teased. Heather snorted at that, lifting her own mattress and following her out of the room down toward Room 412. 

The men tip toed out, watching the women carry the mattress to Dave's open door. The women laughed loudly to one another as they tossed them into the room with ease. They were having too much fun. And who could blame them? Their strength was fresh and they were testing it for the first time.

Pat hustled down the hallway as he watched Erica toss her own mattress in, the last of the bunch. She stopped in the doorway, watching him approach. She smiled, her own face covered in drunk sweat. She stood up straight, arms on her hips as her smile widened. As Pat got closer, he could tell there was something coy about that smile. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something was different. As he made his way right in front of her, it became very clear to him. He was staring straight at her neck. They had over half a foot between their eyes.

She looked down at him, lovingly. "Something wrong?" she purred.

Pat laughed back, as the other two men joined him, staring up in awe. "You tell me." Pat said back.

Erica leaned down and kissed Pat deeply on the lips. The other men smiled sheepishly, looking away as Erica seized Pat with full passion. A door slammed somewhere in the hall, snapping Erica out of it. She looked around. No one else was in sight.

"Let's get the party started." she said, tugging Pat inside.

"Kevin!" came Heather's voice from within. The other two men hustled in after it. The surprises were only just beginning.


"Another negative!" Marlene shouted from her own desk in Room 403. Martin laid on the bed, watching his own test turn negative next to him.

"Negative here too!" he shouted back. 

"Well, that's out of the way. What now?" Marlene asked, walking over to her husband.

"TV, I guess?" Martin joked. That had been their whole life since the day before.

"And you said there was no way I'd get through a whole book on this trip." Marlene said, smacking him on the leg with her finished paperback. "No, there's no reason to bring another." she impersonated.

"Alright, I get it. Surprise, I'm wrong." Martin said. He kissed her in apology, flipping through channels to find anything to distract her from how right she was. He didn't need long. Shouting from outside, drew her away from the bed.

Martin stood up to follow her. Marlene was already at the peephole, staring out. "What is it? The staff?"

"No, I think it's people." Marlene whispered. "Like guest people."

"That doesn't seem safe. Maybe we should put on a mask so close to the door." Martin offered, pulling their masks from their suitcase.

"Oh my god, it's our people." Marlene gasped.

"What?"

"It's Rebecca... and Heather!" Marlene stopped. "She's huge!" 

"Heather?" Martin asked, stupidly.

"She's definitely taller than Rebecca. And you remember how tall she was."

"Not taller than me." Martin shot back quickly, again.

"Well Heather might be." Marlene said, not realizing the can of worms she was opening.

"Come on." Martin protested.

"Holy shit!" Marlene gasped again, like air was going on sale.

"What!" Martin was beside himself.

"Erica's gotta have like half a head on her."

"Who?"

"Rebecca!"

"Let me see." Martin nudged past his wife, sticking his face against the door. He saw Pat, Dave, and Kevin walk down past the door. No sign of the women. His curiosity got the better of him. "Grab my mask." he whispered.

Marlene handed it to him, already strapping her own mask on. Martin opened the door just a crack, as they both stuck their eyeballs through it. His head on top of her's, they watched as Erica stood tall in the doorway of Dave's room. Martin watched as Pat approached, and she stood a full head taller than him. Dave followed close behind. He knew Dave was just a little shorter than him, but he came up only to Erica's nose. 

Erica leaned down and kissed Pat. Martin slammed the door, flustered.

"What'd you do that for?" Marlene asked.

"It's not safe. She's... got it." Martin tried to reason, hiding the swelling in his pants.

"Well we knew that. She texted us." Marlene said. "I actually texted her a little bit after, but she's been pretty quiet since yesterday afternoon."

"Immune Group stuff." Martin said. 

"Immune Squad. I made a chart." Marlene showed him her phone, where she'd categorized all their friends between "Compromised" and "Safe". Kevin and Heather were still on the Safe side. "But Heather never told me. And we just texted this morning."

"Are you sure she was taller?" Martin tried.

"She was huge, Martin. And come to think of it, she never said she didn't have it this morning." Marlene said.

"Typical Heather. Always neurotic." Martin sighed.

"It's a virus, Martin. She's allowed to be neurotic." Marlene snapped. Martin moved back to the TV, motioning for his wife to join. They sat on the couch, watching a 90s movie they'd seen 100 times before. Martin tried his best not to think about the massive Erica down the hall.

But Marlene couldn't stop. She thought about the past 4 tests they'd blown through, being extra cautious. Everything came back negative, much to her relief. She'd even measured herself every couple hours just to be safe with a virus kit she'd brought from home. Always prepared for anything. Every time, she still measured five foot seven on the dot.

She sighed, thinking about her friends in Room 412. She knew Erica had been infected, but she wasn't sure if she was symptomatic until that moment. In her head, they would all be safe, and get out of this week unscathed. She had already started planning for a make-up vacation to try to salvage everything this quarantine had ruined. Now two of her best friends had been changed forever, and the contingency plans spun out wildly in her head. She thought of all her possibilities, all her options. What if everyone else got it, too? She was prepared. What if she got it?

What if she got it? Marlene's mind stopped in it's metaphysical tracks. She had, of course, considered what would happen if she got the virus before. But it had never felt real until this moment. She nuzzled up to Martin, feeling his size against her own, and cherishing it. 

She'd had close calls before, but always came out fine. She suddenly wondered if she was incapable of getting it. Or, even worse, she'd had it before and it just did nothing to her. Even worse? What was she thinking. She was thinking about Erica. How easily she carried that mattress down the hall. Marlene couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be her.

But no, even if she ever got the virus, and there were no current plans for that on her agenda, Marlene imagined it would happen the way it did for her colleague. She'd get a headache and stay isolated and that would be it. She kissed Martin, ignoring the movie fully. Martin got the message and picked her up from the couch, carrying her over to the bed. They stripped, and engaged the only other pastime that came to mind.


Dave poured the last remains of the final bottle of wine into a plastic cup. He handed it to Erica, who tussled his hair in reply.

"That's the last one you get, Jumbo." Dave teased.

"Try and stop me." Erica replied devilishly. She sauntered back to Pat, seated on the couch above an impressively comfy bed fort. Erica spread out on top of him, letting her impossibly long legs stretch across the couch from end to end. She wrapped her arm around his shoulder as he stared up, still basking in his first sense of awe toward the new Erica. She pecked him on the lips, smile still in tact.

Dave looked out at Room 412. Pat and Erica sat in bliss on the couch. Heather had spread herself along one side of the bed fort, with Kevin leaning against her soft chest, in his own personal heaven. She stroked his head, watching nonsense blare from the television as they all slipped into a comfortably tipsy evening. From the window behind them, Dave watched the sun set on another wild day.

They had spent a good chunk of it engrossed in Erica and Heather's new selves. Heather had been self conscious at first from the increased male attention, but soon realized Erica could easily soak up all the spotlight with one good stretch. Rebecca had kept things light, as she had continued to do. She had disappeared back to her own room some minutes ago, pulling more goodies from her seemingly endless supply. Dave wasn't surprised to hear her knock at the door this time.

He let her in, carrying even more bottles of liquor, tantalizing snacks, and a deck of cards. Dave gave her a peck on the cheek as she passed through the doorway. Rebecca blushed. He was finding it harder to control himself around her. The squad had been set, and Dave was now surrounded by couples. Rebecca had only barely relented on her flirtatious spirit. All his arguments against seemed to fall away to the all-powerful: why the hell not?

"Thinking of playing a round of cards?" he asked, shuffling the deck as Rebecca set out her new charcuterie spread.

"Well, we have enough people for a good poker game, now." Rebecca said, innocently.

Dave knew better. Heather did, too. She was already up, standing between the two of them. "Just a game of poker." she insisted.

"Of course." Rebecca chirped.

"Cards, antes, chips." Heather continued.

"I don't have any chips..." Rebecca said slowly, as Heather inched closer to her. Heather was making her height advantage known in a big way. Behind her, Rebecca watched Dave munch on a corn chip. "Any poker chips, I mean."

"We can use these!" Dave tried, holding the bag of chips up like they were a life preserver. She was deep in the eye of Heather's storm.

"So I'm not to think the woman who fondled me a couple hours ago has no intention of making me take my clothes off for fun." Heather was unrelenting.

"She did what, now?" Kevin asked.

"I'll do it." Erica said, still sitting on top of Pat. She shifted forward, letting her ass press into his groin.

"I'm game!" Pat agreed, convulsively.

Heather knew the dominoes were falling she could already feel her competitive side roar awake. She looked to Kevin to save her. He could only shrug. Kevin's eyes were locked on his wife's chest. He couldn't see much of her through his own t-shirt, and the talk of fondling had woken him up for something more offbeat.

"We can just play poker." Dave said, putting his arm around Heather. He was her best man again, and she rested her cheek against the top of his head.

"Fine, you can choose what you're betting. But I'm betting my decency." Rebecca said. She was still wearing her athleisure get up from that morning. Dave calculated in his head how many hands she'd have to lose to start making the room blush. It wasn't much.

"Same here. This thing itches like crazy." Erica added. "No offense, Pat."

"Absolutely none taken." Pat blushed. "I'm in, too. Just try to control yourselves, ladies. I don't know if I can fight you all off." he winked. Heather gagged.

"Dave?" Rebecca pleaded, staring directly into his eyes with her own. The puppy dog look came howling back. He looked at Heather's own nervous glance.

"I'll stick with Heather on this one. We'll bet drinks." Dave compromised.

"Prepare to get hammered!" Pat teased. "If Rebecca has anything to say about it."

Rebecca blushed. Pat didn't know how on the money he was.

"Drinks is fine." Heather agreed. 

"Drinks it is." Kevin concluded.

"And strip poker for the fun side of the Immune Squad." Pat concluded even further.

Heather filled her drink high, and sat on the fort, shuffling the cards. "Knock yourself out." The others joined her in a circle as she started dealing. Dave filled his own drink and made his way toward them. What he never would have expected at that point in the night, was another knock at the door.

But there it was. Every head in the room spun around at the sound. Dave looked back at them. They nodded for him to answer. He walked along the hall, unsure completely what was on the other side. He braced himself for the spiel he'd have to give management about the state of the room, and the noise that had been consistently coming from it for almost 48 hours. He put his mask over his face as the others covered their mouths with their shirts.

Ashley stood in the open doorway, staring up at Dave's gobsmacked expression.

"I have it."