- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey been a week. We got another chapter. The end of this batch in fact. That was it, that was the climax of this arc. We got the resolution of this arc next, where we will finally get to move on to a new section of the story. I'll be aiming to add some less plot heavy chapters too, so hopefully that should be good! I will be slowing down the chapter rate back to the usual after this one sadly too.

Captain Lez wasn’t too fond of the platoon leaders of platoons 1 and 2. It wasn’t as if she hated them necessarily, but they both represented ideals that Lez herself found somewhat distressing. 


Rashtahl was violent, she was offensive. A giantess that yearned for fighting and blood as well as a sense of duty on the battlefield. This warrior was also not that popular with humans, in fact from a dating perspective Lez was convinced that Rashtahl had sworn off finding any sort of romantic love with a human. 


‘It made sense after all, who would want to date a freak like her?’ Lez reasoned with. Somewhat annoyed at the bad image Rashtahl put for the giantesses, however that didn’t stop a small grin from falling on her face as it made her more appealing by default. Out of the 3 captivating platoon leaders, the only realistic options were Devita and Lez herself. 


For the giantess who had no luck with the dating market, this was a win she’d take. Possibly the only win she would be able to take considering who Devita was. 


‘The leader of platoon 2, the next in charge after Miranda. The lapdog who runs right under the queen. Devita Shont. She’s a stunner for her looks, possessing some sort of otherworldly allure. A kind of pizazz that felt like it belonged elsewhere.’ Lez analysed. While it wasn’t any deep resentment or anything like that, she did find it hard not to compare herself to the loyal leader of platoon 2. She had everything. 


Status, power, skills, looks, allure, money. Lez could list on and on, it simply wouldn’t stop. That was the difference between herself and Devita. A difference that ultimately made Lez the second option that people would consider… Or at least most people. 


‘It’s gotta be right? Why else do I not get any dates!’


 All three of the platoon leaders were single. Although whether Rashtahl should or shouldn’t be included in that was something best left unsaid. As for Devita, she was the lady of the hour. She had rejected a great deal of people in the past, she had rejected their love. ‘What exactly is she even looking for?

Lez sighed, not quite out of breath as she was fit due to her duty, but still a little tired from the jogging to platoon 2. Or at least where they were reported to be. She had a small group of giantesses with her right behind. About 6 of them. Not much in all honesty, according to Lez but it would make due. 


The queen, Ana, had sounded rather serious about a threat at platoon 2. Lez herself also noted how distressed the humans she had caught were, and how they had hyped up the threat. She couldn’t exactly ignore the problem for much longer, her roaming thoughts that distracted her needed to be put away. Her focus needed to be back on the mission. 


Platoon 3 had met up with platoon 2, or at least they should have by now. Rashtahl would have taken a decent chunk of her forces too, however they’re probably not fit to take on this foe… If there’s any other reinforcements, they’re probably offering support there, the 6 behind me too can help with that. Which leaves only a handful of fighters against this giant slayer candidate. With the main players being Devita, Rashtahl and I.’ 


Lez was far from a proper analytical figure in the queendom, however her large swath of experience on the battlefield was the reason she could make assessments like these on the spot. In that regard she was somewhat different from Elysia, the moderate council woman who often stood in the middle of the crossroads between Ana and Lisa’s viewpoints. 


She was a figure Lez looked up to, for not only was she in a position of great power but she was the closest in belief to Lez herself out of anyone in the council. 


‘I possess nothing more than mere infatuation in her role. In her qualifications in how she, a nobody rose to power. It’s quite the telling tale of what her character is like. Like a beast chained by upstanding morals.’ Was Lez’s inspection of Elysia. ‘I briefly saw her there at home base with Ana, it appears everyones a little disturbed by this giant slayer candidate… Will I be alright?’


“Captain Lez!” One of her reinforcements shouted behind her. Alerting Lez to snap back to reality.


“...It appears we’ve arrived.” She announced. “What happened here?” 


The captain stood proudly, but her eyes darted across the battlefield. Smoke, fire, dust and destruction reigned everywhere. The landscape had been altered, either by a powerful mage or a giantess. ‘Perhaps both in a battle.’ She deduced. 


“This… Isn’t good.” She bent down to a squatting position to analyse the residues of the battle. “Whoever casted these is one serious monster… I’m sorry to say this but I’ll be splitting off from everyone here for this one.” 


“But captain-”


“No buts. This isn’t a foe you 6 can handle. The last thing we want is for one of our own to be captured and for a hostage exchange to occur.” She rebutted. Truth was as she said, the 6 reinforcements she brought, all in their mid twenties still had a lot of potential. They were far from being of use in the conflict. 


“... Then we’ll search the surroundings for any stray humans to capture, or survivors we can heal.” 


“Whatever you do, do not head further forward. Alert any nearby giantess… Actually, there probably are a few of platoon 1 and 2’s reinforcements nearby. Meet up with them and assist in whatever they’re doing.” 


“ Yes, Ma’am…” The group of 6 answered in unison. One of whom cursed that their strongest squadron was absent for this battle. Alas, they had faith in Lez and the rest of the platoon leaders. 


**Stomp. Stomp…Stomp.**


The 6 disappeared into the background, leaving Lez alone until she’d eventually have to meet up with Rashtahl and Devita. 


‘They’re definitely ahead somewhere. I can faintly hear an intense battle going on


With that, one step in front of the other and clutching on the weapon in her right hand. Lez had resolved to join the fight. 


 

– – – 

“Shit… Shit, Devita. What in Celessa is this man?”  Rashtahl’s voice, for the first time in this whole battle, was tired. Battered even, one could call it frail. She was breathless. But why? 


“I told you. He’s problematic.” Devita answered back, looking at the mutilation that Rashtahl had endured, she had hundreds of shallow cuts across her body. Nothing healers couldn’t fix but if this continued, it would spell their doom. 


Devita clamped her feet to the ground, holding an iron tight stance as she gathered an unearthly amount of mana. She dared not waste a single bit of it, all was needed. However, the fine control that it required was something that posed a challenge. Especially now that the enemy was using a weapon of their own, it made the skin tight clothing she had donned easy to cut against. 


“We may need to call for reinforcements…” Rashtahl bit into her pride and outright said it. 


“You? Call for reinforcements. If we don’t stand our ground, the other giantesses would get decimated. He’s far too agile.” 


Devita was right. In the ensuing battle only moments prior, Rashtahl proudly challenged him to a duel which ended in mere minutes. The giant slayer candidate had jumped up an enormous distance not thought possible for a human and dodged her descending foot. He then climbed upwards at an instant, circling around Rashtahl’s leg whilst having his spear of sorts jammed into her skin as he ascended up her towering form. 


He was fast. Too fast. Rashtahl could hardly even react before he had climbed up to her waist and delivered a damaging blow with his fist. Pure, condensed ethereal energy was delivered as a gut punch that had Rashtahl coughing up phlegm. It fell down as a mere drop to Rashtahl but it completely dosed a tree in its disgusting and sticky, viscous fluid. 


‘Must have been a first time for Rashtahl. No one’s landed a gut punch on her like that before.’ Devita thought. As she hadn’t been fighting the same since. The giant slayer candidate had been going ham on her arms and upper body, delivering small cuts in rapid bite sized motions. 


It wasn’t long before Rashtahl fled back to Devita, which made the situation into what it was now. 


“Where is he?” Devita asked. 


“No idea.” Rashtahl answered, her injuries made a sharp sensation all over her form. It made it more difficult to focus forward. 


“This is why learning magic is so important. You had an aptitude for healing magic. Why didn’t you commit to it?” Devita lectured, her frustration getting the better of her. 


“Shut up.” Rashtahl ignored Devita’s pestering. Instead, she took the time to look around. She searched to her left, her right, above and finally behin-


“How horribly slow.” He had appeared in an instant, ready to spearhead his weapon right into Devita’s back, he had jumped up to around right above her waist height. Possibly turning into a fatal blow if it would land. 


“Not quite.” Devita muttered as she kicked Rashtahl out of the way and attempted to punch the enemy with her fist. She was someone who learned through watching others, she had mimicked the human enemy in front of her.  Condensing a vast amount of mana into her fist and punching his entire body midair right where it was. While it appeared Devita was doing nothing, she had been carefully watching his movements. Analysing his attacks. She had a feeling, an instinctual feeling that he’d go for an attack from behind them.  Being so large meant that it was hard to discern the enemy’s movements. Leaving only room for instinct and keen observation.


**BAM**


It landed. 


“...I hit him.” Devita was also in awe and shock at what just happened. It wasn’t a mere scraping hit either, rather a solid one. She had sent him flying into a tiny hill into the distance where he would have landed. “Is he alive? Is he that durable?” She asked aloud. 


“He’s probably alive. If he’s strong enough to do what he’s done. He’s strong enough to survive that.”  Rashtahl concluded. 


“You’re probably right… How do we beat him then?” 


A pressing issue had formed. There was no solution present. There was no way forward. In truth, this was the most damage they’d done since their battle began. Damage that neither of the two giantesses could even verify. 


“How do enchantments work?” Rashtahl interrupted the silence. 


Taken aback slightly, Devita cleared up her throat. “They need mana to work.” 


“Humans don’t have a massive pool of mana. If we keep fighting, use up all his endurance. He’s as good as a bug in combat.” Rashtahl smirked, finally being able to humanise her foe as a tangible opponent rather than a twisted force of nature. Was that the feeling of being on the receiving end for once? The giantess didn’t entertain that train of thought.


“Easier said than done…” Devita was quick to rationalise the situation. “Here he comes.” She could sense a wave of violent mana energy swinging forward at them. 


Like lightning, it created a thunderous roar as it audibly gushed through the air. It was an explosive jump, with maybe half the force of Devita’s punch he shot right back at them. Covering the distance in mere moments. 


What was it that the giantesses here felt? Was it contempt? Fear? Anger? Frustration? Most likely a mix of all three. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t be farfetched to call it some form of messed up karmic justice. These feelings were just feelings after all, nothing unique about them. Plenty of humans in the past had felt them against the giantesses in combat before. 


The wait for the inevitable was to be ensued, in any moment at any millisecond he would appear with the velocity of the lightning itself. The sheer amount of force could probably rupture through Rashtahl or Devita’s bodies if they weren’t careful. Devita could shield herself somewhat with mana, but Rashtahl had nothing. 


‘Truth be told… I don’t know if my mana is gonna help.’ Were Devita’s lasting insecure thoughts, as she was forced to compare herself against the mana machine that was her opponent.  Her breath hastened, her heart beat grew restless and her pupils dilated as her body’s fight or flight response activated. ‘Was this it? Am I going to die?’ 


Distress grew to anxiety as her thoughts prepared for the worst. Both Devita and Rashtahl were too shaken up to be fighting any longer, especially against the agility of the opponent. They needed back up, they needed assistance. But who? With what? What was there to help-


“ Too late. ” The meagre human aggressively shouted as he jumped from the mountain he was launched on to the giantesses, in only one mere jump too. He was a beast, a fighter. A human the giantesses had never seen before. How was it even possible to do what he had done? His voice echoed like thunder as he darted through at an inhumane speed. 


“Is it?” A third voice appeared. 


“Wha-” 


**BAM**


He was shot right back. As if it were a game of bat and ball, where he was the ball and his opponent had the bat. What had just happened? Why was he shot back? The giant slayer felt a sense of force unlike anything he had during this conflict before. For the first time, he had been injured. 


“...Lez?” Rashtahl shouted as the dust settled from the explosive jump casted by the enemy. She was in shock. “How are you? Why-How did you?” 


She inspected Lez’s form closely, only now  paying attention to the giant hammer type weapon she had gripped on to firmly. It was half her size. Something rather hard to miss. 


“Ranate’s weapon of old, forged from a jade crystal during the war along with expert craftsmanship from the dwarves. The Hara-Hira… Where did you get this?” Devita asked, clearly perplexed. 


“Ana gave it to me as I left… Though it isn’t customary, it looks like it’ll help.” She replied. It was a gesture of pure honesty, though Lez herself was rather shocked neither Rashtahl or Devita noticed her arrival. Whoever they were versing was simply that powerful, that daunting and intimidating that they couldn’t afford to keep their eyes off of him. The same could be said for the enemy, whether it was hubris or simply focusing too much on their targets, they had somehow missed the gigantic figure known as Lez Zelmer who slid herself into the picture. “I hit him into that tiny forest with the hammer… It was a lucky shot, I thought I’d miss but thankfully here we are.”


“... Alright, let’s finish the job. Quickly before he recovers.” Rashtahl stood herself up through sheer will. Though not her will alone. No, that was a notion that proved itself to be somewhat farfetched. Instead, she had to stand up now to fight, else she’d risk prolonging the fight even longer. All three of them needed to be up and alert, no one could afford to slack off. No one could dare pay the price of arrogance. That was what she’d learnt. “Hurry up, no time to lose here!”


– – – 


‘To prove your candidacy, among the other 10 applicants. We’d like you to take on this mission in Marvialasia. They’ve asked for some assistance and you’re the only one that’s completed his initial training so far.’ A voice, distant and fading, was apparent. 


‘Don’t forget either. You are not to reveal anything confidential. If you do… Well you know the consequences.’ Another joined in. Two voices were talking to a figure, ordering instructions to them. 


Giant Slayer candidate, Arlstron. Josh Arlstron. If you pass this test, we can begin your formal training to join our ranks. Remember, weakness is not permitted. The stakes are simply far too high.’ The first voice mentioned. 


‘Stakes? What stakes? Hey, Jo-.’ 


What were they talking about? The man lost in his head tried to remember but found it difficult to do so. His thoughts roamed and wondered as if he was struck by an incredible array of force. What had just happened? 


I guess… What we mean is that we can’t be revealing any sensitive information to anyone weak. Sorry, but you get how it is.’


‘Moreso, the other slayers aren’t going to be too happy. Everyone’s on high alert. Ranate seems to have gotten a lot stronger in the past couple years.’ This voice sounded perplexed. Unhappy even. As if his job had just gotten a lot harder.


‘Well, we know the truth. They don’t belong to Celessa. They shouldn’t be standing on our land.’ The lost, familiar voice scorned as suddenly it disappeared. 


Memories began to kindle once more into existence as the man’s eyes opened. He found himself climbing out of the crater he was smashed into from the hammer that struck him. 


“Such expert craftsmanship. A weapon you don’t see from the western continent that often, at least not one of such scale.” He whispered to himself. Still adjusting to what had just happened. 


**Thud……Thud…..**


He could feel it, the earth shaking. The birds and animals of the nearby vicinity fleeing. They were coming. The giantesses were coming. 


Being the mortal enemies he was trained against, he found it easy to loathe them. To hate them… However, he needed to remain calm. It wasn’t as if he possessed a personal grudge against the giantesses of Ranate. No, nothing like that. Josh simply cared. He simply cared about the integrity of the land, of his land and his people. About Celessa’s history. That was all he cared for. That was all he was allowed to care for. 


“Shit…” He mouthed under his breath as he felt his shoulder in pain, it wasn’t moving as nimble as he’d like it to be. The entire left side of his body was screaming in agony, it was the side he was struck by. “Haha… They say Treya’s will was for peace… Yet a generation down, the two countries are still at war. What lunacy.” 


‘Treya… It’s thanks to you that the giantesses have also become our target. Being the one who re-discovered the truth of your people’s origin. The blame lies on you.’ He mentally mumbled. His hands started to shake as he found it difficult to recover his strength. 


“Shit… Why? My mana isn’t returning back to normal.” He whispered. Exhausted and out of breath, the negative effects of the intense actions he had done were slowly catching up to him. Josh, the green eyed, dark haired man was unaware of why he was in his current condition. 


It must have been the weapon… Damn. It disrupted my mana flow, some of my enchantments aren’t working as intended either.’ He analysed his form. Arriving at a rather dire conclusion. ‘I have to win… For Celessa, for the slayers. If I survive this, I’ll be promoted to join the ranks! To get official training! To learn about this world from within the organisation! The secrets, dark arts, history. Everything.’


**Thud…Thud…**


‘I need time. Time to gather my thoughts, time to heal and recover, time to launch a counterattack.’


**Thud. Thud. Thud.**


“In the forest. Found him!” Devita’s voice shouted, her eyes that were sharper than an eagles had located the human. She was right on his tail. In truth, reality wasn’t so kind. 


“Kill on sight!” Rashtahl shouted back in a cruel vigour. It was time for her revenge. 


“We need intel on him. We can’t do that.” Lez, albeit not by her own genuine will, voiced aloud and clear. She figured Ana would want information for the future. 


“There’s no other option. Either we kill him, or he kills us.” Rashtahl instructed. Leading Josh to flail away, dragging his feet across in some steps and in others attempting to jog. He was trying to get away. An otherwise pointless endeavour according to Rashtahl as they were only a few steps away. 


“...I’m afraid I agree with Rashtahl. He’s too dangerous for us to restrain. If he recovered his strength, he’d just break free anyway. There’s no logical need to keep a bomb on us.” Devita replied. 


Regardless, as Lez knew that the human could hear them anyway, she decided to try. “If you stop running, we will not attack on sight.” She attempted to reason, this was all she could come up with on the spot. Far from following protocol or trying to even be sophisticated in her approach. Lez’s own heart was beating fast in fear.


 So, what did he do?


He didn’t stop his desperate attempt to flee. He continued to flail away. 


‘Never. Surrender to the enemy? I’d be disqualified from ever joining the ranks If I did that. There’s no chance.’ Josh internally scorned.


“That’s that. Die, you mere insignificant flea.” Rashtahl quickly positioned her foot above his whole form as she jogged closer to him, readying to land the finishing blow. This was her chance. Her hope for redemption. She stared down at the human who… Began glowing? 


If I’m going down… I’m putting up a fight.’ Josh inwardly riled up his courage and stopped running. Instead quickly adopting a stance that allowed for his mana to shine brightly. ‘One final attack. You shitbags ruined my mana control somehow, so the most basic of spells is all I’ve got.’ He lamented at the facts as he charged up a fireball.


From his form, being shot right at Rashtahl was a fireball full to the absolute brim with mana. The nearby area dropped in temperature somewhat, however it didn’t explain the heat of this attack whatsoever. The size was easily as big as Rashtahl’s hand. In truth, he had a lot more in him. However, his primary arsenal was no longer of use. The Hara-Hira had done serious damage that not even he could ignore. Without his fine, delicate control of mana and his enchantments. The candidate had little understanding of what to do here. He hadn’t been trained for such a desperate scenario. He wasn’t prepared for getting hit by such a weapon, in truth he wasn’t prepared for such a weapon at all to have existed. 


Lez had sensed it ahead of time, she was in front of Devita but right behind Rashtahl and having an ounce of understanding in mana. She could react a split second faster. Hurling the gargantuan weight of the hammer, Hara-Hira, she swung it down as if hitting the fireball back from its launch right after pushing Rashtahl out of the way. 


An impressive feat, the force Josh’s attack had launched by was no laughing matter, if not for Lez’s gargantuan size and her daily fitness routine. One meticulously crafted to highlight both her looks and to remain fit, she would have certainly lost. The match was simply that close. It all came down to the desperation of Lez wanting to stay in shape that pushed her over the edge. 


She had swung. She had hit. She had dissipated the fireball and repelled the mana. Allowing the nearby temperature to return back to its norm. All whilst having the hammer knocked out of her hand by the fireball’s force.  It created an ear-shattering thud as it landed. Flattening the ground on where it landed.


She couldn’t follow through with her swing… But it was enough to keep all three giantesses in the game. If it weren’t, one would certainly be dead by now. 


“N-no.” Josh, out of mana and ethereal energy shouted. This was it. The end was near. 


“Fucking…” Rashtahl couldn’t help but to whisper under her breath, her own frustration in this conflict had her boiling with rage. Her lack of magic aptitude proved her weakness not once, but twice now. If her own platoon was nearby to see this, she would hang her head in shame. “C’mere you little shit.” She yelled, at the now mana depleted enemy. 


Like a satchel depleted of water, his physical container was empty. There were no spells left to chant, no abilities left to use. Which begged the question, what did he have left in his arsenal? Rashtahl pinched her fingers together as she lifted his form to the sky. 


“I have nothing to say to you creatures.” He weakly worded, his voice was eroded and pathetic. Lacking care, he knew he was defeated. That this was it for him. 


“Tell us where you came from.  What you are, why you’re doing this. Tell us everything before we turn you into paste.” She hissed. 


“...” His eyes were distant, as if staring into space. He had not a single care for this conversation. 


“Waiting for your mana to recover? Fuck off. “ She squished her index finger into her thumb, pinching him harder as he was lodged between it. 


“He won’t talk. We can’t risk him recovering either. If he did, it’d pose a big risk to everyone here.” Devita reasoned. “We beat him through sheer luck, if Lez didn’t hit that surprise attack initially. We’d be finished. In fact, without the Hara-Hira, I don’t think we stood a chance whatsoever. Ideally, the best option would be to imprison him and get answers…” Devita didn’t finish her sentence, instead she made eye contact with Lez. Wanting her to finish off the instruction. 


“... But we can’t.” Lez gave in. Devita’s rationale was correct. “Leaving him alive to recover is too dangerous. Especially since he doesn’t show any chance of wanting mercy, or a lesser punishment.” 


“No objections then? I made the first kill of this battlefield, I’ll be making the last. With this little stain of a man gone, there isn’t anything Marvialasia has left under their sleeve.” Rashtahl replied. 


“No objections.” Lez sighed, resigning herself to Rashtahl’s wishes. “ It’d be one thing if he showed signs of surrendering. I can’t see that though, not even now.” She remained silent, hoping that the giant slayer candidate would talk back. Just say anything so that she could find it in herself to defend him. She simply desired a reason to, alas she couldn’t find such a reason. Not as he was now. 


Rashtahl smirked as she heard Lez and Devita agree. Returning her gaze back to the defeated enemy. “How utterly meagre your existence must be, simply feeble and pitiful. Miserable even. We have a giantess who wishes to defend you, but you won’t even let her do that. Rashtahl paused as she regained her composure. “Is it your pride, human? Your belief of being superior? I won’t deny it. You are stronger than I or my comrades. My own instincts as a warrior won’t let me ignore that. However, pride is as deadly as any other sin if you let it be. I was burned today because of it, it seems you will be too. You had an out. Remember that. Lez was ready to defend you.”  


She lowered herself down to the ground, creating a somewhat loud thud sound in the process. She dropped the human man down to her meaty thigh, the fall was cushioned down due to the fat of Rasthahl’s right squishy leg. There was no comical sound effect or anything, a simple crash landing onto reality. 


Dejected, hopeless even, he looked at the sky. He was atop Rashtahl right now, on top of a giantess’ leg. There was a stench of sweat that permeated the air, a disgusting sense of stickiness that was the manifestation of that unpleasant feeling. Furthermore the smell, the giantesses were at war with the humans now with ongoing conflict for longer than 2 days. The giant slayer candidate knew in his rational mind what that meant, still his body physically found it hard to accept. That being the smell of sweat itself. It enveloped his entire body as it stunk up his surroundings. Rashtahl’s bodily heat radiated violently onto him. 


Josh’s weak form was… Well weak. He couldn’t run, he could hardly even crawl. Whatever that was going to happen was set in stone. His fate was sealed. 


‘It wasn’t supposed to go like this…’ He repented, thinking about the damage he’d done. ‘If only I finished the job on the northern battle first instead of retreating with that idiotic prince’s instruction. If only I did things differently. I wouldn’t be here.’ His eyes met with Rashtahl’s other leg, sitting aside as it slowly arose from its dormant position. The flab of thigh meat jiggled as it casted a shadow over his form. The ever so slightly tanned skin with all of its blemishes was visible for Josh, his mind was fleeting but his body was merely human. It reacted, shocking his sympathetic nervous system into what normally would be a sense of fight or flight… Except not this time. Josh simply froze in place. Unsure of what to do. The temptation of laziness was cast only due to his lethargy, his lack of energy and mana. All he could do was watch the leg come descending down slowly, as if in slow motion. 


Rashtahl was painfully slow, Josh thought maybe even purposely but he knew that wasn’t it. His reflexes were simply far faster, far more reactive and capable in processing information. Time itself flew by as if it were normal, but Josh simply perceived it slowly due to how well trained he was. All of that was possible due to his aptitude and mastery over the magic arts in conjunction to his heightened physical senses and physique.


So, that made it all the more painful for him. 


To watch someone he could have normally killed in mere moments, who was slower than any opponent he actually had trouble with, slowly deal the finishing blow on him… It was humiliating for the pathetic human. 


But that was how it went. He was a bug in comparison and Rashtahl was the gargantuan figure who wanted to swat him. How she did so, when she did so, the speed of how it’d go. All of that was determined by her. Josh’s input didn’t matter. In reality, the best he could do to protest was to commit an action akin to a bug bite. A sensation Rashtahl would hardly even notice. 


**Squeeze**


An immeasurable amount of weight was lodged on top of him, like a mountain itself that was planted on his being. He was stuck. This was simply her thigh. Rashtahl wasn’t even putting that much force into it. She had the option for crushing him in her palm like a bug, or sitting on him with her whole weight. Instead, Rashtahl opted for an embarrassing way for the enemy to go. To be popped, literally. With pressure coming in from both sides, it was a matter of when, not if. 


The feeling of being so utterly helpless and useless was one he wasn’t fond of. More specifically, he thought he’d left behind. Having completed his training, having gotten permission to go on this mission, having decimated the battlefield initially… Was this all it amounted to? To be crushed by a giant woman’s thighs. 


‘...These beasts. These creatures from afar.’ Josh’s mind blanked as he desperately fought against the all encompassing mass that threatened to flatten him ‘The organisation was right. They’re a problem-.


The warm touch of Rashtahl’s battered and bruised legs was short lived as without a shred of mercy, the warrier giantess knew better than to hold back.


‘In the end… This was all I amounted to. Something akin to a grape being-.


**POP**


The trio heard a painful crunch sound, as a bloody stain that stuck from the bottom leg to Rashtahl’s upper made a strand of red goo that attempted to stick the mighty thighs together. However, an attempt was all it ever could do. Rashtahl easily parted her legs away to have a gander at the damage she’d done. 


“Finally. Getting tired of these bugs dreaming a little too hard…” She heartlessly said, still with the adrenaline coursing through her blood and veins. The hormone had her heart pounding but also her lust lit a fire too. The act of finally crushing the human that had injured her so severely was something she had been looking forward to. It was an act she needed to happen to prove to herself that the giantesses were still superior. That Rashtahl herself was still superior to her mite-sized counterparts. Yet, she found her warrior’s heart sting ever so slightly. She wasn’t contempt leaving it just like that. “Still, you were the strongest I’ve ever fought. I will remember you, human.” She whispered quietly, for no one in particular to hear. She cursed that she didn’t catch his name once. Though that didn’t matter as she called him a human rather than any other demeaning term. That alone was a step forward for Rashtahl. 


“Is he dead?” Lez asked, curiously. Having just watched what was akin to an execution just occur. 


“... I’d be surprised if any human would survive that.” Devita announced. Inspecting Rashtahl’s shapely legs, they were powerful. Muscles that didn’t appear so pronounced until she contracted them. The commander of the second platoon sighed in relief. “It’s finally over.” 


“Tell the scouts to bring the queen over here. I think that was it for Marvialasia. I think it’s time we head to their capital.” Rashtahl added on, trying to appear calm. 


“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you on such a high.” Lez remarked in a somewhat sly tone. 


“Shut it…” Rashtahl glanced towards Devita. “Still, that should be everything now. Their forces have been decimated.”


“Yeah… We’re in the closing part of our plan. Everything else resides with the queen and how she wishes to deal with the capital.” Devita replied. 


“The prince poses a problem. I don’t see him wanting to surrender.” Lez scrutinised. “Forget the scouts. I’ll head back to home base and inform the queen of what just happened. Not to mention, I need to return this trinket.” She grabbed the Hara-Hira, holding it upright. 


“Without it, we’d be goners right now. Minced meat no doubt.” Devita said aloud. 


“ Queen Ana’s judgement saved us. I don’t think any other queen in our history has lent out such important weapons so freely.” Lez answered. Her right hand grasped the handle gently, while her left hand poked the encrusted gemstone. 


“... Hmph.” Rashtahl acknowledged, but begrudgingly. 


“Rashtahl and I will manage here with any remaining giantesses nearby. You send the queen this way. We’ll lodge a formal report on this fight afterwards on what-or I should say who, we just fought.” Devita ordered. Being the leader of the second platoon, her orders had the highest sense of priority. 


“ Yes. Ma’am.”


– – – 


“They say the only good kind of battlefield is a quiet battlefield.” Ana announced, taken aback at the scenery she was forced to witness. “However… A silent field really just brings out a sense of tragedy doesn’t it? People died here.” 


Hours had passed. Many hours in fact. Lez had rushed over back to home base to inform the brains of the operation about what had just occurred. Though really it was only a brief summary of events as she herself needed time to mull over it. 


The facts were about a giant slayer candidate. The information that needed to be cleared up was basically everything else. Information that only Marvialasian officials would be aware of right now. As such, it was imperative that the issue with Marvialasia was dealt with first, only then would there be time to handle the intel regarding the giant slayer candidate.


“Ana…” Leon’s voice mustered up the courage to speak aloud. He knew this was a tough sight to see right now for Ana, as she was directly responsible for it. Hundreds were dead, no doubt. Majority of whom were humans, the opposition in this war. Very few giantesses would be a part of that number, who instead would be severely injured. Which was drastically better than being on death’s doorstep or having already crossed the river into the afterlife. 


“It’s okay.” She responded as she took a deep breath, along with a few steps forward toward her nearby destination. “ While nothing I can do will ever make this okay. It isn’t like I can pretend that my job here is finished either. Blood was spilt for my ideals. Blood I do not wish to waste.”


That was probably for the best. After all, Ana was a queen. The queen of the nation. However she was also an ordinary giantess, a normal person. She was just as prone to falling from grace and into madness due to her actions. 


Leon was somewhat hesitant to comfort her as he normally would have done. Why? Well, the reason was somewhat comforting in itself. ‘What do I have to add here? Must I explain how she should feel as a ruler? No, that is preposterous.’


He had faith. 


He had believed in his wife, in her diligence and her resilience. Leon was sure Ana would come out on top. His duty merely was to assist in that. To let her talk when she wanted to talk, to provide her comfort when she needed comfort, to provide her relief when she needed relief. The opposite also applied to him, but that notion wasn’t as important right now. 


Leon couldn’t quite ignore her distraught feelings either, but he wasn’t in any position to be explaining to her how she should be feeling too. That wasn’t his job as her partner. Far from it. What was his role exactly here? To be listening. 


“What makes you feel that it would be wasted?” The human’s tiny tender voice inquired. 


His role was to let Ana answer herself the questions she needed to address. 


“Well. I wouldn’t ever sign off on waging this war if it was just for this.” She replied. 


“Why is that?” 


Leon’s own insecurities began to rise as he worded himself carefully. ‘What if she gets pissy about how many questions I’m asking? What if she gets conflicting thoughts? What if-’


However, he remembered who he was. Why he was chosen to be where he was now, riding atop his wife’s shoulder. He needed to put his thoughts to rest. His demons who tried to whisper gently in his ear to silence. That was best.


 Leon knew this.


“Because, it’s not right. It doesn’t stand right with my morals. But just because it doesn’t stand right doesn’t mean I’m going to tolerate them trying to attack us every now and again, or their ideology. If standing the moral high ground means conceding my position in enacting change. I would wish to cast away my pride instead.” She declared proudly, attempting to fix up her posture. “Simply burn it away, it has no place in the Ranate I wish to build. If we shed blood today, then I simply will have to do everything I can and beyond to make it count. To make sure that same blood doesn’t bleed through again.”


“That’s because?” One final time, Leon asked once more. 


“ I want the humans of Marvialasia to integrate with our culture, and for the giantesses of Ranate to integrate with human cultures. Why do we need to do this song and dance every time each side wants a fight? There is no real reason why. Jade painted an awful picture of Ranate to the Marvialasians who have ran a marathon with that imagery. What they see is a one sided massacre, what they see is this quiet battlefield.” Ana paused, her right finger pointing towards the remnants of one of the many catastrophic battles waged recently. “Maybe it’s impossible to have our people be compatible. However, I have it as my duty to do something. Anything even. Not many have that choice.”


“ It must be tough, right?” The human man found himself switching his angle. Switching his approach. 


“Not as tough as the people who fought here today.” She retorted. Prompting a few seconds of silence, only a couple seconds however. 


“What will you do for them then?” 


“ Make it so they don’t need to wage such wars. Prove to them that my people aren’t monsters. Have them come to the realisation that they don’t need to fight us.” 


“That sounds like a lot to do.”


“... I guess it is.” Ana finally admitted. 


“You know I’m always here for you, right? To help out, of course, in whatever way that I can.”


“I know you are.” Ana finally broke out a smile as she tilted her head to the side. “You being here is the reason I feel confident walking up to the Marvialasian capital at all about all this.”


“You feel confident because you worked hard for this, wouldn’t you say so?”


The giantess took a chance on Leon, who in return took a chance with her. Many steps near the start of their relationship could have ruined what they have now. However, the two managed to make it work. It was, undoubtedly, a rushed wedding, a rushed marriage as a whole even. Yet, here the two of them were. 



“Well, here goes nothing I guess. The capital is right there.” Ana nodded her head to the side, pointing where she was headed. Behind her were two bodyguards, Lez and Devita. Rashtahl was stationed away in case of an emergency where her presence may be needed. “Stay tucked and hidden. I’ll pluck you out if I need you. Love you, Mwah.” She smooched Leon on what she aimed for was his head. In reality, she had given his upper body a smooch. From his abdomen to his face. Her lips were simply that big. 


“Love you too-” Leon responded, however he was cut a little short as he was hidden into Ana’s bra. The world of light fading away as the early sunrise was engulfed in shadow by Ana’s bodily form. He was safe and secure. Surrounded by Ana’s top notch designer bra and her soft squishy skin. Leon had nothing more to add. His role in the conflict was done. Like an actor cast away from his role by the playwright, he had accomplished his finishing touch. His performance as the husband of the queen was one that mimicked both his insecurities and his faith in their love. What would happen after, was one out of his control. 


**Thud...Thud.**


The earth shook at Ana’s every step. Nearby animals were thrown off their balance. The trees were uprooted as the uneven ground marked disaster for life beneath her foot. The cautious giantess made sure to tip-toe her way around the catastrophe she was committing, hoping to target areas that seemed less inhibited. Although whether the giantesses behind her would do the same was something that made her feel like her actions were worthless. The trio stepped and stomped, creating a miniature rumbling of sorts. An unorthodox yet completely expected action, one that was inconsequential for the humongous goliaths but one that spelt cataclysm for almost anything else. 


If Ana had anything to be sweating about, it was her nervousness, it would be how much she’d accidentally killed by her walk towards the capital, if there was any. All she could do for a distraction was to pay attention to the squirming creature known as her partner, who was held intimately to her being. A prison of love was a befitting term, however Ana found herself with the ick for that. Perhaps due to her prior experience of meeting with Lisa in the prisons a while back. 


“M’lady, what’s the plan here?” Devita inquired, as she sped up her walking pace slightly to whisper into Ana’s ears. It was obvious to the Marvialasians that a trio of giantesses were rapidly approaching them. Yet no one was fleeing either. A command most likely set by the prince. 


“ When fear kicks in, arrogance and pride tend to dwindle.” Ana began with a sentiment that Lez couldn’t help but nod her head towards. Her own recent encounter with the giant slayer was one such example. It was thanks to the horrific battle that occurred there that Lez got to witness Rashtahl bite her tongue, to swallow her pride. “ They’re not stupid. I’m sure they’re well aware that we have many reinforcements behind us if they do retaliate. The principality of Marvialasia has no choice but to talk and to engage with us today.” 


“What if they still choose to fight?” Lez asked. Curious to see what Ana would do in such a situation. 


“Then even though it breaks my heart, we would have one more fight. One where we forcefully capture the prince.” She paused. “Though that won’t happen.” 


The queen’s answer was one that boasted earned confidence. Neither Devita nor Lez knew exactly why she had that. The three merely continued walking up till a certain point. 


“Attention.” The queen raised her voice. The two soldiers behind her reflexively stood up straight and proper in response. Ana’s tone of voice that had an underlying tone of sweetness and kindness was replaced with a sense of sterness to it. “Marvialasia. We have bested your nation’s might.”  


While the city was somewhat afar, the giantesses all possessed exceptional eyesight. All for different reasons too. Devita was in charge of many international affairs and had a lot of experience dealing with humans. Lez was constantly mingling with the human communities, in an attempt to gain some sort of relationship with them. As for Ana, she had Leon to look after. While it was true she hardly kept him off of her body, she still needed to make sure she could discern humans with ease if they were paying attention to them. Thus, all three giantesses could tell that the city immediately went into panic when Ana stopped her sentence. 


“ I know this is terrible news to hear. However, your citizens, wealth and prosperity is all to be under Ranate’s rule, as per international agreement. It would be a charitable act to give more, it truly would. But, I do not believe that your nation as it is deserves that.” Ana stood firm, as she closed in on the capital. Her ears began to turn the screams and disarray of the people within the city into recognisable phrases. Into words and sentences. “I request only one thing, that is to have your ruler come out and speak to me openly. I believe he owes you all that much, rather than hiding away in plain sight like he is now.” The queen’s pupils shifted as she locked in on Marco, the prince of Marvialasia’s position. She had found him. Tucked into the castle tower within the heart of the capital, beside a flipped table. She had located him through the window. It wasn’t an example of coincidence but rather knowing where to look. Leon had given some insider intel on reaffirming some characteristics of the prince. Ana had only spotted him thanks to how close she was with the capital.


Typical. You always loved to lord yourself over others.’ Ana's disgust began to blend itself with her internal thoughts.


“ I will make my demands clear… I desire not to capture your civilians or to treat them inhumanely. If anything, I have plans to raise their standard of living. I wish for villages to have more access to water and food. I wish for people to live without the fear of being drafted into the military whether by force or necessity.” Her words rung deep within the hearts of the Marvialasians. To many within the capital, this was their first time seeing a giantess in the flesh. Here she was in her full glory, a beautiful woman who seemingly had their needs in her heart. She somehow knew about the troubles of the Marvialasian people, she knew about their struggles. If there were any strings to be tugged, it would be the ones in the people’s hearts. Although it wasn’t enough to have their hearts be swayed, it was a starting point-


“Lies! Lies. Do not let this fiend deceive you. Remember! Remember, the yea-decades of agony we suffered because of their crazy beliefs. They want to freaking eat us! They want to tear us apart limb from limb.” The prince began shouting, hanging his upper body through the window as he yelled down at his subjects. Ana simply watched, she wanted to observe more before interjecting. Afterall, this was part of the reason why it was so difficult to get through to Marvialasians. This manipulation that she was witnessing at first hand. “ Have we all forgotten? Jade? Jade!” 


The voices of the crowd began to shimmer in doubt. People lost in confusion over who to believe. They were mesmerised by the beauty in front of them, with a gaze that demanded attention. Her body was one straight out of divine legend, something not real. Her gargantuan form only accentuated her form and her presence. It was something Ana Darlington-Bliss was rather used to. It was only natural for human men and women to stare at the giantesses, in fact it was rather difficult not to. Many who weren't used to the giantesses in Ranate found it a challenge, as openly eyeing such people was rather rude. However, many giantesses were used to it. Many, not all but many had simply accepted it. As if it was natural for humans to stare in awe and wonder. For the humans of Marvialasia, this only heightened their confusion.


“Jade. The tyrant. The mad queen who ruled with agony over her subjects and her enemies. Yes, you all have every right to hate her and us for her actions.” Ana chose to sympathise, an action the prince wasn’t expecting to hear. “ Truth be told, we do not wish to attack you all or to bottle your people under our thumbs. We do not have the time, resources or the cruelty to do such things. If you don’t believe me, well then I’m sure you all do remember the biggest propaganda movement of Marvialasia when Jade was usurped off the throne. Especially the older Marvialasians.” 


The prince laid an audible gasp, he wasn’t prepared for this. Where was Josh? Where was the giant slayer candidate? He was the ace in the hole. Alas, Ana continued talking. 


“Ranate’s economy was in shambles after Jade. We’re still recovering in some ways. Other ways not anymore. We do not want a repeat of that. As such, I’ll remind you all that not even financially there is a reason to wage this war. There never was. Never will be. It was the cruelty of both our sides that prolonged this-”


“Don’t fall for her tricks! Both? Both our sides? We are in every right to attack your people after the brutality we suffered from Jade.” The prince attempted to reason. His bloodthirst ruminated in his anguish as he knew the outcome in his soul. He simply didn’t want to admit it. 


“ Public displays of humiliation. Of hate towards my people. Under the prince of Marvialasia, your people are not much better. We’ve received many reports about one of our own giantesses being captured and tortured. Is this not true?”  Ana forthright asked, her attention switching to the people. Her gaze alienated the prince as she deemed him not worthy of her time. Instead, she had all but one goal. To have the people in Marvialasia question their own actions. It would be impossible to have them come around today, or even tomorrow or the day after that. However, depending on how Ana handled this, it was possible to mend the relationship between the two lands. 


“Nonsense. My people, I have protected you all for milenia. I created Marvialasia as a way for us human settlements to band together against our adversaries.” He lied. “I united so many cultures of humanity together for us to thrive.” He lied. “ How could any of you live like this if it weren’t for me? How could any of you have the lives you do now if it weren’t for me? If it were anyone else on the helm, Marvialasia would be finished.” He lied. “The giantesses, the dwarves, the elves, everyone but us is our-” 


“Enemy?” He was cut off. Ana had finished his sentence. “Your common enemy? That’s all he wants. He wishes for a common enemy, someone for all of you to stay occupied with so you don’t ever question his rule. Why do you think against all of our conflicts that Marvialasia never pushed too hard on the offensive. They crept into our territory and have done horrendous things in the past. But a full on assault? You haven’t pulled one in a long time. I can tell you why.” 


“Shut up, you uncivilised bitc-”


“Silence, Ant.” Ana snapped, for a brief moment only as she regained her composure. Even the opposition, the enemy, the prince was taken aback. “ If you got rid of us, back when you had all the magic power in the world and we had none. You would lose us as your enemy. Your people would have better things to do then other than being drafted into the field and dying. So you didn’t. You maintained a few attacks, some of which were devastating but none of which threatened Ranate quite badly to the point of our extinction. However, recently you had planned for a full scale offensive.”


“...” He felt fear. He felt a sense of unrivalled horror in front of him. Marco couldn’t find it in himself to speak. He looked down from the window, to his subjects far below. They were murmuring and whispering. Rumours were being spread. 


“Why? Because Ranate was no longer weak. The moment we started learning your technology, the moment our two species started talking and working together. Look what happened. Suddenly your entire identity was under threat. You were afraid that we would push back. So you decided to take the plunge and wipe us out. Even teaming up with Vascar.” Ana analysed the people down in the capital. Suddenly, there was a swarm of them outside the prince’s tower. Were they barging in? Hiding away? Taking him outside? What was going on?


She decided to be quiet for a second and to listen carefully. 


“What do we do?” A voice called.


“She’s gonna kill us. She’s gonna eat us!”


“Calm down… We need the prince.”


“We need our saviour.” 


Lost and afraid, scared and abandoned. It made sense that they reacted that way. The humans of Marvialasia were afraid of changing their world view. They were terrified of thinking differently. The sight of such was reminiscent of what the Marvialasians who were captured in Ranate were like. When they went to get help and to undo their brainwashing. Everyone acted from a place of anxious curiosity. Perhaps that was simply human nature. 


“Your prince is a fraud.” Ana boldly declared. For the moment right after, the citizens of the capital stood in silence for only a second before resuming their activities. As if trying to ignore Ana, as if trying to shut her words out. “He’s a liar. A manipulative scumbag who has his own interests at heart, no one else's.” The people desperately attempted to ignore Ana’s stinging words. A notion that left Ana displeased so she scratched her head. Thinking of what else to say… When an idea hit her. As if the stars had aligned, something began to make sense. “A while back, the prince of Marvialasia courted me for marriage.”


The capital went almost silent. Everyone was unsure of where she was going with this. Leon especially who was hearing this from her bra. However, be vaguely remembered such a detail from the council meeting with Lisa, Elysia and Rheas.  Ana continued.


“At the time, the council at Ranate scrutinised it. We had some disagreements on whether to proceed or not. After all, accepting meant there was possibly a path set out for peace between the lands.” Her eyes darted straight back to the prince, her gaze fixated on him as if in disappointment. “However, we had to wonder. Why? Why did the bloodthirsty prince of Marvialasia want this now? I, to the disappointment of my council, voiced that it was most likely an elaborate scheme to trap me. So we voided it. Said no. A very upfront denial. Though for the record, you wouldn’t catch me even faking to love the scum bag prince. I would have denied it either way.” The people were engaged in her tale, Leon listened carefully as he could tell from Ana’s voice she wasn’t speaking from a place of fondness.


Regardless, everyone wondered. ‘Where is she going with this?


 “ Now though. I think it makes more sense why it was proposed. After all, the plans with Vascar and the attack plans for what we have now were already set. So what was it for? I think I know now. It was your out. A way to escape the hole you’d dug yourself into. Afraid and cowardly is what I’d call it, but it was a fact that Ranate’s magic in recent years posed a threat to your security… You would flee from your privileged position of power into a new one. As the king consort of Ranate. With all the insider details for the attack with Vascar and Marvialasia, you were going to betray them, weren’t you? To live your cushy life with me, pretending to love me and my people after you abandon yours?”


Like a spark lit on gunpowder, it created an explosive wave. It didn’t matter whether Ana’s speculations were true or even remotely plausible. They had their intended effect. To cast a layer of doubt on the prince’s legitimacy and loyalty to the throne of Marvialasia.


Did that make Ana a more appealing candidate to be under? No. What she said would not subdue the insecurities and fears of the Marvialasian people regarding the giantesses. However, for the time being, Ana knew she had played the winning move. 


Like a stampede of raging elephants, the people of Marvialasia began raiding the tower. Parading in huge numbers, absolutely swarming the place. They were climbing the stairs up the tower. 


Why?


Because what else could they do?


They needed answers, but they also needed clarity. What Ana had just said sparked an array of doubt into their hearts. 


What if she’s telling the truth?’


Our prince would never… Would he?’


‘I-I don’t want to go fight… If we get rid of him maybe I won’t need to?


The collective hive mind of fear, a spectacle of fear mongering and mass hysteria were these voices . The systemic issues raised by the Marvialasian prince that he decided to let fester were coming up at him now with a flame in their hearts. 


“Stop…Stop! You idiots. You- Arghh. Shit.” He shouted but stopped as he witnessed them all climbing up the spiralling stairs that led up to his domain. What was his plan of attack here? To engage in combat with the queen of Ranate? No, that was a fool's errand. He’d not only be giving them a reason to attack everyone here, but he’d also end up betraying what little reputation he currently had. ‘Is there only one real option? To surrender?’


Marco Mathias Marvialasia was a man who clutched onto his amber encrusted ring. His one true keepsake. A reminder of who he was before his immortality. A piece that urged Marco to become stronger, to use the opportunity he was blessed with… And what did he actually do? 


He didn’t help anyone but himself. Marco created an impenetrable fortress known as Marvialaisa to keep himself in the life of luxury at the expense of his citizens. His only real option was to win their hearts once more, just as he’d done many times in the past. ‘Yes… I can still do this. The level of education in Marvialasia has intentionally been kept low for reasons like this. If I can just capitalise on it, I should be okay. I’ll sort the rest of the nobles out swiftly, we’ll hatch an escape plan. I’ve had plans on what to do after we capture Ranate. I can’t let them end here. I need to-


“Arrest him. Bring him to me. Throw your prince to me, toss him aside and accept me as the one in charge.” Ana demanded, but her sincere tone returned somewhat.


Shit. I had a backup plan here with Josh… Where in Celessa is he? Contracting him wasn’t cheap!’ He panicked and thoughtlessly assessed. His goals in maintaining the status quo, of him being on top without any question. He was someone who was against change. Quite literally a relic stuck in place against time, he desperately fought against progress. He fought against reality. What was happening now were the consequences. 


“You all want answers. I can promise you that I can bring them. Not only can I bring results, but I can show you how we got to them. I am not an enemy of Marvialasia. I’m an opponent of your prince. The giantesses behind me want nothing more than co-existence. We have humans on our land, humans we love and cherish. Humans that cherish and love us.” Ana took in a deep breath, as she got ready to give out one final order. “ Surrender your prince, in return we will acknowledge you all as our vassal state. You will maintain your own autonomy, your own culture and rights as long as they don’t harm anyone else. Slowly we’ll transform Marvialaisia into a land where humans flourish. Where man and giantess roam in peace. We will watch under you all as you go through this journey.”  In only a matter of moments, the prince’s door, the one on his tower, began to knock. His people had already arrived. His poor, indoctrinated, helpless population came to him. The prince could wish that it was due to the goodness of their hearts, that they were simply looking out for him… “He will be your sacrifice. The one to be burned with all the sins of our nations. For our conflict. For the lives lost today, yesterday and all the battles prior.” 


The die had been cast. For his own people had broken open the door, with the vivid imagery of hunting down a sacrifice. Someone to take the sin of fighting against the giantesses over their shoulders. Because, naturally, no one else wanted to carry that burden nor should anyone else but the person in charge. He was that sacrifice. 


“No. Fuck. Stop-Stop! How could you-” Alas he tried to fight it, but he was one man against an ever growing mass of people. He was swarmed, bombarded, swatted. The last thing he saw before he passed out from the heat and humidity of a pile of people jumping on top of him, to drag him over to Ana, was the aforementioned giantess glaring at him through the window. A smile was plastered over her face. 

The prince didn’t know what to make of it. It wasn’t one of arrogance, or one that signified a sense of cruelty either. Rather, it seemed like she was glad. 


There was only one interpretation that was valid here from Marco’s perspective. 


She was glad to have him as her prisoner.


She was glad it was over. 


She was glad the war was done. 


She was glad that real progress today had been made.


Looking down, the giantess squatted to get a better view of the plethora of people on the ground. The crowd thinned out slowly as they walked towards her feet, carrying a body. No doubt, it was the prince’s. 


The two giantesses behind her giggled as Ana pulled a warm smile on her face. 


“Welcome to my queendom. Don’t hesitate to call for help if you all need be, all right?”  Knowing full well that many, if not most of the people there were against Ana proclaiming herself as their ruler. Despite that, the queen of Ranate decided to announce herself as such anyway. After all, it was her goal for these people to accept her, and to amend herself and her policies in ways that weren’t suitable for giantesses and humans alike. “First order of business we have, taking the prince back to our capital. We have a punishment in store for him as well as some things for everyone here to be aware of.”


With the vanquished hope of the principality, being Josh the giant slayer candidate and their prince now taken into custody. There was nothing more that could be said for the Marvialasian people than angst and distress. Their hopes were dependent on Ana’s whims. Her wants and needs. Though, there was a silver lining. Perhaps it was her words or her demeanour, but something about Ana Darlington-Bliss made the Marvialasians have a conflict in their hearts. 


Were they really going to listen to her? They had no other choice.


Their former ruler was sweating in fear, afraid to even look up to Ana's mighty form. Though, despite that. Despite the horrific events of today, perhaps Ana's words lit a spark as there was just an ounce of hope present. As the silent clap of change applauded the queen of Ranate.

Chapter End Notes:

Finally we're done with the climax of this arc. How was it? I'd appreciate if you'd let me know about your thoughts in the form of a review! It'd mean a lot and trust me it definitely serves as motivation to write more! 

Now that we're at the end of this arc's conflict and this batch of chapters. I'll move on to my personal criticisms. Which is that I probably could have done more for the villains of this arc. The antagonists on paper are Lisa (from Ranate's side) and Marco Mathias Marvialasia (From Marvialasia's side) as well as the giant slayer candidate, Josh. I tried to stick with the theme of change/progress against lack of change or how people in posiitons of power will try to stick to their positions and not try to amend things for people who are currently suffering from the system. I think I got that point across at least somewhat with Marco and Lisa, but with Josh I think I could have done better in regards to that theme. Alas, it is what it is and this is the final product. 

Moving on, we have one more chapter for this arc. Which is the conclusion/resolution of this arc. Look forward to it, it may take a bit for me to finalise.