- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I'm looking to make a fun, entertaining story that has its ups and downs and also lovingly pokes a lot of fun at certain anime tropes. (I'm also working on a non-satire non-tropey serious version of this story with another writer that we hope to one day turn into an anime itself).

Author's Chapter Notes:


The Princess struggles against her chains. “Please just let me go.”


Her captor stares at her and cackles. “NEVER! Why? Because I am evil for the sake of being evil. I am the Demon King! MWAHAHAHA!”


The Princess makes her wish. Please, if anyone is listening, I once more ask for help from someone who can save me. I don’t want to spend eternity being tortured. Please, I need a hero... even better a Hero that's larger than life.


The two pause as lightning cracks the sky. The backdrop grows darker and darker as the sound of slow drums being beaten powerfully fills the air. Lightning strikes the ground time and time again as electricity grows more and more powerful. The ground shakes and cracks as the sound of an electric guitar plays heavy chords filled with distortion. Chunks of rock rise from the ground as the music gets louder. The only light left is the lightning that cracks through the darkness. A ring of dark blue and purple grows larger and larger. The ring pulses sending waves of power. The music is near deafening.


The ring stops growing and the sound of violins pierces the noise. Everything else fades away as triumphant notes echo through the air. The lightning stops as the music shifts to that of glory. The ring changes color and something small emerges.


“AAAAAAHHHHHH!” The music stops as the late teen plummets through the air. His heart pounds as he speeds towards certain death. With a heavy thud he cracks the ground and lands several feet away from the Princess and the Demon King.  


He groans and forces himself to stand up. Oh God, how am I alive? 


He opens his eyes and sees the dark blue rock below him. As he lifts his gaze upwards, he sees a Demon King towering in the distance towering over him. Behind him is the green haired Princess who is only half the size of the Demon King, yet still is over 20 times his size, if not a full 30. 


In a panic, he realizes he is facing a Demon King. He curses under his breath. Oh shit, I’ve been iseaki’d. Wait, this isn't how isekais are supposed to go. I’m not supposed to meet the Demon King at the start. That’s the big build up. 


The Demon King and Princess stare at him in silence. 


Oh God, what do I do? Uhhhhhh. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Shit. Shit. Why the hell did this happen! This isn’t how this is supposed to go. I better figure out what to do and fast. Do I have powers…


The Demon King’s sinister voice breaks the silence. “That was the most impressive entrance I’ve ever seen. I wasn’t expecting a Hero the size of a Tiny. Never before has a Borrower attempted to challenge me. But it makes no difference to me who or what you are. I am the Demon King. Lord of Darkness. Master of Evil! And I won’t be Vanquished by anyone.” 


The Princess cries out, “Please, defeat him. Wield your sword and vanquish him.”


The Hero looks down and sees a scabbard at his side. Oh this is gonna be awesome. He unsheathes his sword and takes a deep breath. I just have to find the spirit of a Hero within me. 


He clenches his jaw and strengthens his grip on the hilt of his sword. With a deep breath the ground begins to shake around him.  The drums return as waves of power emanate from his body. The guitar thunders through the air as his hair spikes above him. Cracks spread throughout the mountain cliff they stand on. A golden aura surrounds him as lightning strikes around him. 


He levitates off the ground and the sound of triumphant violins returns. Powerful winds send debris flying around him. The sound of distortionless electric guitars and pianos join the violins. The Hero sends a burst of power through the air as he finishes his ascension.


I’m op. I’m so op. This is awesome.


He holds his sword out in front of him. “Even Demons can die.” Oh that sounded sick.


The Demon King sends an energy blast at the Hero. Effortlessly the Hero speeds out of the way. In a fury, the Demon King sends countless blasts that chase the Hero as he flies around. He leads them to the Demon King and at the last possible moment blitzes away. The Demon King groans in pain but shakes his head to re-engage the Hero. 


The Demon King wields a sword of darkness and charges at the Hero. The two trade blows. With each clash of their swords the music grows louder. The Demon King lunges at the Hero but the Hero narrowly dodges it. The Hero rushes at the Demon King, but the Demon King teleports behind him and throws an energy ball.


The energy ball hits the Hero and with a grunt he turns around to face the Demon King. He growls and the music overtakes every other sound.


The Demon King thrusts his sword at the Hero.


Time slows as the Hero dashes onto the Demon King’s sword and shoots across it. He leaps off  the massive sword and readies his own sword. He spins in the air gathering all the extra force he can.  He bursts through the Demon King’s neck and the music grows even more triumphant. The Hero breaks through the skull of the Demon King and barrels through this brain. 


The music reaches its most triumphant point as the Hero exits the Demon King’s head and turns around to face his enemy collapse to the ground, disintegrating into dust. He turns to The Princess and sees her chains dematerialize.


He smiles. Oh that was the most awesome moment of my life.  


The Hero feels a wave of weakness overcome him and returns to his base form. The music stops as he falls to the ground. Oh God, that took it out of me. I gotta train and everything asap.


The princess stares at him in silence as he pushes himself back off the ground. Her curiosity rises as he struggles to his feet and looks up at her. She breaks the silence and joyously says,  “Oh, thank you for saving me. I’ve been imprisoned for far far too long. I needed someone powerful to come and save me.”


The Hero smiles at her. “Happy to help.” She’s acting a little too lampshade test female mc for my taste right now. But let’s see how this plays out.

 

The Princess spreads her arms wide and pushes her chest out. “As your reward, I am yours. My body is yours to take and to enjoy.”


The Hero stares at her. Oh, how it is times like these that part of me wishes I didn’t have my conscience and could just ravage her. But no, I’m not doing that. Even if this winds up being a harem isekai, I’m not starting it like this.


The Hero sighs. “Nope. Stop that. I know you’re a whole lot more than a helpless princess.”


The Princess tilts her head and raises the pitch of her voice. “Are you being serious?”


“Yes. I’m pretty sure that you’re a multi-faceted person who’s a whole lot more than just an extremely attractive body.”


She lets out a sigh of relief. “Oh thank goodness. I’m sooo glad you were the one who was able to defeat him. A lot of the other attempted ‘heroes’ just wanted to have sex with me but most of them just just flat out died within moments of arriving. But you’re different. That entrance was incredible. I’ve never even heard of anything like that. You literally had music appear out of nowhere. And I mean you’re the first tiny to try and rescue me so that’s something. No one ever put up such a powerful fight against a Demon King. It was just insane.” 


“Thanks.”


The Princess looks away briefly. “But, uh I am kind of sort of bound to you for the time being, I did sort of make that promise to the universe. In an act of desperation I pleaded for fate to send some help from someone and offered myself up as the reward. And I know what you’re thinking, but it was that or eternal torture. So I mean I’m in your service for now. But since it seems that you’re not just on a powertrip and out for my body, can I make the request that you please don’t make me call you master. It would be so degrading.”


Oh this is way more like it. A multidimensional female mc. Now this is what I’m talking about. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to do that. But I do need your help. Firstly, How the hell do we get out of here? Secondly, why did he capture you? Thirdly, do you have any clue who can give me answers because I’m from a different world and in that world I’m taller than you so I don’t know. That said, would I rather be extremely overpowered than regular size, hell yes. So one request: can you please direct us out of here and could you please carry me in your hands because I’m exhausted and would really like to rest.”


“Alright, I can certainly do that. It’s like the least you could have asked from me.” She puts out her hand for him to get on. “And it seems like a lot is going on.” 


He steps onto her palm and, through yawns, says, “Yeah. A lot certainly is.” He lies down onto his stomach and closes his eyes. “Hey, would you mind if I just slept for now while you carried me. If you need to wake me, do so, but I’m so tired right now.”


“Rest for as long as you need.” 


With a smile on his face he drifts off to sleep. 


*****

That was…awesome. I really really wish it was more than just a dream. I never even got that Princess’s name. 


He scrunches his face and sniffles. Back to the stupid real world. It’s the weekend right. Who cares? I’m not even going to bother getting out of bed. Hell, I'm not even going to open my eyes. I just want to go back to that world again. I'd do anything to be a Hero again. 


He fights the tears in his eyes. It just felt so real. So good. Dammit. Why does everything have to be such a shitshow for me? I’m sick of this stupid rut. Nothing ever happens to me. No one gives a shit about me here. But there, even if it was just for a moment, I was something! I just wanted a chance to be a fucking Hero. 


He punches his bed. “GODAMMIT!” He pauses as his bed feels softer than it usually does. 


A soft voice says, “Ow.”


He opens his eyes and sees a giant pale hand carrying him. With tears rolling down his face he turns around and sees the concerned face of the Princess. Through scattered breaths, he says, “You’re real. You’re really real. I’m not in my old world anymore. I’m free of that old life.” He starts sobbing. “I’ve never been this happy. You don’t know what this means to me. I’m so happy. All I’ve ever wanted was to go on adventures. To be alive. To be a Hero. I for sure wasn’t living back in my world. But this. You. Everything, it’s just wonderful. It’s so wonderful. And I just… I can't stop myself from crying. But these are tears of joy. I promise you. This is the best moment of my life. It’s perfect.”


The princess looks at him with a smile and a tear in her eye. “I can feel your heart, it’s emanating pure joy. I’ve never experienced such a purity in my life. But your very soul it’s just filled with happiness.”


“You have no idea. I never ever want to leave this world. It’s a dream come true. Your name! Please Princess, what’s your name! I need to know. If anything does happen I need to find my way back to you.”


The wind rustles the leaves of the trees around them, letting in sunlight to frame the Princess's face for her response. Her emerald eyes sparkle and capture the beauty of the forest. “I am Princess Silvia. But I promise I won’t let anything take you from your happiness. I'm ready to fight by your side."


The Hero sniffles and more tears run down his face. “Thank you. Thank you so much. I can’t begin to explain all of my emotions to you. But this is better than a dream. Because it’s real. Because you’re real. This happiness, the feeling of your touch, the look of your face, those can’t be faked, they’re real. No dream could ever be this good. I’m just elated. I’m in pure euphoria. I’m…”


Silvia gently rubs the side of his face with her thumb. “Right where you’ve always been meant to be. You’re at your destiny. You’re where you’re supposed to be. I never thought I would meet someone that could fill me with such hope. But, you have more love, more spirit, more passion in your heart than someone a thousand times your size. So, I’m wondering, what is your name?”


“I’m…wait. He wipes away the remnants of his tears. “You can call me Ace.”


“Excellent choice. Well we’ve begun the adventures of Ace and Silvia.”


“Awesome.” I’m finally living all the adventures I’ve ever wanted. Ace isn’t just a self-insert anymore. He’s me. I’m him. I’m the Ace of this story. Ace looks around. “So this is a lot different than the mountain we were up on. I mean now we’re in the woods, the sun is shining and everything. How long was I asleep?”


Silvia lets out a long breath. “At least a day. I think part of that was the inter-universe traveling. I’m sure that with some practice that your powers won’t drain you..." She tilts her head back and forth. "Or at least not nearly as much. Hopefully"


“I hope so because I want to be able to use them to be a Hero. Wait, so if I was out for over a day, did you hold me in your hands the whole time?”


“Of course. I wouldn’t dream of putting you down, not after you asked me to carry you. And I was a little afraid of you disappearing if I let you out of my sight. Afraid that my Hero would be sent to a different Universe. But I’m so happy that you don’t want to leave. I genuinely want to be by your side. So, let me explain, one of my abilities is the ability to read hearts. All of my abilities were weakened when I was captured. I tried to fight off the Demon King and failed. He was powerful. So in exchange for him sparing my kingdom I was going to be his prisoner forever. And I just didn’t want that. And challengers came, but none of them were able to fight him off. And then from the heavens you appeared and you fought and killed him. And as I gained my abilities back, I felt your heart. It was so pure, so filled with hope. And when you woke up, I felt your pain. But then when you learned that you were still here, I never felt anything like that before. That love of life. Ace, you’re something special…”


He smiles back at her. “Thank you. You are too.” He blinks a few times and inhales sharply. “So… you can read hearts. Does that mean…that you uhm.”


She nods. “Yeah. I can, I do. We don’t have to address it yet. I'm not opposed to it, but I suggest we wait until we really know each other before we start that path."


Ace slumps down on her palm. “Oh that’s a relief. I mean, you’re a green-haired-anime-elf-princess, how could I not? You know. But you're absolutely right, I agree we should wait. But even just talking to you is entrancing.”


“Thank you.”


Ace looks at her with wonder. He cherishes the connection they share as her green eyes look back at him. The wind passes through them and gently pulls her hair away from her semi-pointed ears. She smiles back at him with as much joy as he has. He could stare at her face a thousand years and never want to look away.


The moment is ruined by his stomach growling. “Eh, stupid stomach. But I am hungry though. Any chance we could find something to eat?”


“Of course. What do you desire? Pastries are easy for me to make.”


“Uhh, I mean pastries sound nice, but do you have the ingredients and we’d have to get a fire going to cook them on?”


Silvia lets out a giggle. “I should have realized. Prepare to be surprised.” She cups him carefully in her left hand and sits down on a nearby log. She smiles and in her right hand a warm cinnamon roll materializes. 


Ace’s eyes widen. “No way. No way.”


Silvia winks at him. “Magical powers.”


“This is awesome. Oh I can’t believe this got better. Magic too. I love this world. And I’m going to love traveling with you. I have so many questions. But right now, I’m starving." 


She brings it close to him. “Let me know if you want anymore. You can’t adventure on an empty stomach.” She leans close and smiles. “And we have a whole lot of adventuring to do.”

Chapter End Notes:

If you read to here, please let me know what you think! I always want to improve my writing and feedback is the best way to do so.