- Text Size +

It was a typical day in the quaint beginner town of Axel. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, and the beautiful clouds above remained as tranquil as they should be. No explosions going off, no masochistic crusaders or perverted adventurers roaming through the streets and causing trouble, and even the sobs of a certain useless arch priest were nowhere to be heard. It was surprisingly peaceful that day and amidst all that peace and tranquility was a humble shopkeep by the name of Wiz. To some the concept of hard work could be considered a virtue, however, to the unmistakably unlucky shopkeep, it seemed to be more of a curse. For her, the harder she worked, the more money she’d end up losing and this was practically confirmed once again for her as a strange product had arrived at her shop. Originally excited by her newest business venture, the busty shopkeep was consequently disappointed and chewed out by her masked co-worker. 



 “Unbelievable! How brainless can one woman be?! How much garbage do you intend to stack on the shelves before we turn a profit?!”


 “I was super confident about purchasing these, honest! Snack Mimics are the newest hot trend, I have no idea why they’re not working!” Wiz’s shrill voice rang out as she cowered in fear clutching a strange grey blob in her hands. 


 “That’s even worse! Never in my life have I seen such deplorable mimics! Even if they are of the snack variety, it’s clear that they’re not doing the main thing mimics are known for doing. Is it possible that you were scammed-'' Vanir asked as he let out a disappointed sigh, however, in the middle of his disappointment, the bell on the shop’s door rang and a certain explosion oriented arch wizard dawned in crimson clothes stepped in. 



 “Oh, it’s you…” Vanir said, with an exaggerated tone of disappointment in his voice. “Say… delusional arch wizard who’s friends had left her all alone while they went to explore an unexplored dungeon, would you mind taking these off our hands?” He said, displaying some of the strange grey blobs to her. Bizarrely, Megumin felt oddly interested in them and as such, her interest was reasonably piqued.


 


 “What are they?” She asked, closely examining them.


 “They’re Snack Mimics!” Wiz exclaimed enthusiastically. “They’re able to read your mind and turn into your favorite food!”


 “Woah! That’s awesome!” Megumin shouted, going starry eyed at how cool they seemed.


 “Mmm, yes that is what they’re supposed to do, however, this dimwitted shopkeep seems to have gotten scammed in this particular business venture so we were hoping that you and the rest of your peculiar party could take them for us. Perhaps… you may even be able to make them work somehow.” Vanir then grabbed the whole crate of them and handed it over to Megumin, in which she nearly collapsed from the weight of the box before getting a better hold on it.


 “Heh, as the foremost master of explosion magic and the most powerful arch wizard in the crimson demon clan I’m sure I can figure something out.” She exclaimed proudly.


 “Mmm… yes. Well, run along now, I have some… personal business to take care of.” He said slightly glancing towards Wiz.


 “U-Uh, why are you staring at me like that-” Sensing impending danger, Wiz then tried to call for Megumin’s assistance only to find that she had already made her trip back to the mansion. One murder ray and a couple minutes later, Megumin finally arrived. Exhausted from the weight of the box, she plopped it down in front of the kotatsu and collapsed onto the carpet. Trying to catch her breath, Megumin looked over at the box and thought about all the possibilities. Imagining the thought of having the ability to eat her favorite food whenever she wanted was more than enough to get her stomach rumbling. After laying on the ground for a few more moments Megumin jolted towards the box and eagerly removed the lid.


 


 Her eyes lined every inch of the box to find the same thing she was shown at the shop: Dormant grey blobs that didn’t really look like mimics at all. A little disappointed, she picked one up only to reveal an obscure note that Wiz must have missed when she first opened the package. On the note it read as follows:



 “Inside contains a strange breed of the ever popular ‘Snack Mimic.’ At first you will see that they lie dormant and useless but do not be dismayed, there is a trick to unlocking their full potential! Channel your desire into the mimics in the form of magical energy and you will find the most delectable treat lies right before your very eyes! The stronger the magic, the tastier the treat!"



 "Is that really all there is to it? A task like that is child’s play for someone as powerful as me!” She exclaimed, dramatically throwing her cloak back and striking a pose. “Prepare yourselves snack mimics! The strongest arch wizard in the world has arrived to unlock your full potential. Covering her eye with her left hand she held one of the snack mimics in her hand and tried to think of some kind of incantation.



 “My name is Megumin! The most powerful mage in Axel, neigh the world! I command explosion magic, the strongest of all magic types and I order thee to take form- Ah… what do I even want to eat right now?” Due to her aforementioned past financial status, Megumin usually just went by eating whatever she could, she never necessarily had any favorite foods so the question of exactly what she wanted perplexed her quite a bit. Even after thinking about it for a couple more seconds, there were just so many choices that she couldn’t decide. In the end she just gave up and decided on whatever popped into her mind. “Oh, right. That weird candy that Kazuma gave me the other day was pretty tasty… I shall focus my desires on that!!” Channeling her energy once more she struck yet another pose and stared menacingly at the snack mimic.



 “Darker than black, I call upon the abyss! Unleash the raging inferno within my soul and release it upon this pitiful mimic! Blaze forward in an explosion of desire and transform this creature into the utmost succulent and mouth watering sustenance for the strongest arch wizard to ever grace this world! Here my calls and burst forth… MAGICAL SNACK MIMIC DESIRE EXPLOSION!!” She exclaimed dramatically, and at that moment a strange, brightly colored glow began to emit from the mimic slime followed by a large puff of smoke that filled almost the entire room. Unable to see, Megumin still felt that the snack mimic had transformed in her hand. Feeling vaguely like candy, she took a chance and slowly brought it over to her mouth. 



 “Nom!” Without even looking, Megumin stuffed the treat into her mouth and began to sink her teeth into it. As expected, Megumin had discovered that an oddly sweet and delectable taste started to spread. Her cheeks became flushed with red as a sheer feeling of pleasure and goodness invaded her senses. It was true! The note had promised the most delectable treat, and it surely delivered. The only thing that had felt weird was the treat’s texture. A foreign chewy substance almost like rubber. Like something that had not been invented before— or rather… a texture that had not been invented before in that world! A texture a certain party member of the young arch wizard could only describe as “gummy.” 



 “How peculiar! Every bite is like… an explosion of flavor! It’s like I can’t stop chewing.” Savoring the sweet taste, Megumin swished the treat around in her mouth biting down on it with her teeth and coating it with her saliva. As she enjoyed the amazing taste, her tongue would play around with it while poking and prodding. 



 Licking and biting down on the slime as hard as she could, Megumin let out a pleasant moan in response to just how tasty her little treat was. She seriously loved how it tasted and even after almost a minute of chewing the taste had not subsided. “It was a good thing I got all these for free-” While the girl relished in how fortunate she had been, she started to feel a strange feeling in her mouth— almost as if the treat in her mouth started to move. Scared by that minor feeling, she had stopped chewing for a bit only to hear something extremely shocking echo within the depths of her maw.



 “What the hell is wrong with you, you psycho!!!” A shrill and exhausted voice rang out, reverberating throughout her mouth and resembling that of a familiar party member. His voice was a mix of confused, scared, and angry and after taking a moment to process things, Megumin slowly opened her mouth to find none other than a small one inch Kazuma chewed up and meshed into some weird glob. “Ever heard about looking before you eat?! I have been trying to call out to you for SO LONG!! Are you dumb or something!? I mean honestly, who does that!? Are you that hungry that you just put random magical whatevers in your mouth?! Aren’t arch wizards supposed to be smart? Gah, sometimes if your brain is as flat as that chest of yours…” The insults belted out from Kazuma’s tiny mouth as his angry attitude assaulted Megumin as she held the tiny boy in her palm with an incredibly shocked look on her face. 



 Megumin recoiled in disbelief while thinking that she had gone crazy or something, but the fact was undeniable. It was covered in her spit and chewed up like a wad of gum, and it was currently causing the young wizard’s mind to implode in on itself. The young adventurer's body may have been mangled and chewed up but it from the voice and manner of speech there was no doubt. ‘But there was no way, right?!?!’ is what she kept telling herself, but that was far from the most pressing matter. Looking down at the spit covered and chewed Kazuma, she shakingly brought him closer to her face.



 “A-Are you ok?” She asked nervously, hoping that he wasn’t in pain or anything. Despite the extremely bizarre circumstances, Kazuma was still her friend and it’d really pain her to know that she caused him pain… more pain than normal, that is. 



 In response to Megumin's and questions the poor little adventurer only responded with more yelling and insults. After sitting through almost a minute of this, Megumin started to get a little annoyed, however, considering what she had done to him it was fairly expected, however, that would soon change with a knock on the door. Megumin heard the mansion door open to the tune of a disgruntled Aqua and Darkness as they got back from their dungeon quest. The absence of Kazuma further enforced the reality of the situation, further reminding Megumin of what she had done.



 Panicking, Megumin tucked the box of mimic slimes under the table and hid the chewed up Kazuma behind her back before turning towards the entrance of the living room right on time to see the blue haired Aqua and the blonde Darkness enter. Hoping the two of them would just ignore her, Megumin shakingly backed away only to have her hopes shattered soon after. 



 “Hmmmmmmm…” Walking into the living room the blue haired goddess strutted over to the comfy couch in front of the fireplace only to stop midway to stare curiously at a very suspicious Megumin. “Hey, what are you hiding over there?” She asked, tilting her head. Unable to cope with the pressure, Megumin’s attempt to create a cover story only ended up further increasing Aqua’s suspicions.



 “H-Hiding something? What? Me? N-No, of course not! Why would I be hiding something?? Hehe…” She laughed nervously, desperately hoping that she’d stop prying.


 “Hmmmm, is it candy?” She asked, creeping towards her while trying to get a peek at what she was hiding.


 “Uhhhh…” Thinking this was her out, Megumin somehow responded confidently while still nervously shaking. “Yeah! Candy! Yup! You know me, I love candy, hehe.” Expecting the blue haired goddess to just walk away after that, her hopes were shattered yet again.



 “Gimme some.” She said, causing Megumin to sweat and shake even more.


 “N-No thanks, hehe. T-There’s only one left so I can’t share it, hehe!” 


 “Awww, that’s no fair! We went out on a super scary and dangerous dungeon quest while you sat at home and ate candy! You can at least share one piece, right?!” Aqua whined, creeping closer to the young arch wizard.



 Backed into a corner with nowhere to go, Megumin had no other options left and in a feat of desperation, she quickly tossed the tiny into her mouth before Aqua could get any closer.


 “Oops looks like I already ate the last piece!” Megumin said, chewing exaggeratingly on him while trying to ignore the disgusted screams as Kazuma was shoved to mouth and meshed against her slimy tongue and crushing teeth once again. With his tiny screams muffled by the steamy expanse of her mouth and his body hidden, Megumin had thrown Aqua off the trail and successfully got her to go away.



 “Awwww, you’re so selfish, Megumin!!” She pouted with a slightly obnoxious whine before walking away. “Gah, whatever, I’m gonna take a bath! Tell Kazuma to buy some wine when he gets back from the guild.”



 “Eh?” Shocked by what Aqua said, Megumin had stopped chewing only to turn towards Aqua. “Kazuma’s at the guild?!” She asked, feeling a sudden surge of anger coarse through her. 


 “Uh, yeah. Why do you care? That NEET is probably off getting drunk or sexually harassing some other adventurers…” Aqua explained before going into the bathroom which left Megumin and “Kazuma” alone once again… however, something was different. 



 “Heheh…” She laughed menacingly before spitting him out onto the floor. “I can’t believe I actually believed you were actually him… you’re about to pay for what you said to me earlier.” Cracking her knuckles and chuckling creepily as she slowly approached the mangled mimic. Before the “fake” Kazuma could say anything, Megumin grabbed a towel and began to forcibly dry it off before stretching it out like a glob of clay.



 “You may be a snack mimic, but with how stretchy you are I think there’s some other stuff I could do with you…” While Kazuma’s now stretched form screamed hysterically, Megumin, with a smug smile on her face, brought him closer to her foot. 



 “W-Wait! We can talk about this!” The mimic slime Kazuma cried in desperation as his face was pressed firmly into her sole and stretched around her foot like a sock. While it may have been a monster that only seemed to take the form of a person, it seemed to be fairly disgusted when applied tightly to Megumin’s sweat ridden foot. And while she couldn’t exactly hear what he was saying thanks to her toes conveniently pushing into the fake Kazuma’s mouth, all his attempted yelling felt like a cute tickle as tiny vibrations reverberated throughout her foot. 



 “Hehe, that feels really nice, and now my foot feels really warm! You’ll be perfect for the winter!” She giggled, shoving her foot along with her ‘new sock’ into her heavily worn boots in which the mimic slime would finally experience the true extent of Megumin’s feet and while it seemed unbelievable the environment in her shoe was way worse than her mouth. Somehow way more humid, her toes would assault the fake Kazuma’s stretched face and her sweat would constantly leak into the poor mimic’s slimes mouth and thanks to it’s transformation it could taste it’s awfully salty flavor.



 Now tightly snug in her boot and with some new found revelations, Megumin grabbed some more mimic slimes and tossed them onto the table. Using some more of her ample magical energy she transformed more of them and while she couldn’t understand why, they only seemed to turn into tiny people. More copies of Kazuma and even a couple others were spread out and dazed in front of her. Now with way more playthings in front of her, a wellspring of ideas rushed into the young mage’s imagination and she was finally able to do a couple things she didn’t do with the first mimic slime.



Swiftly grabbing another fake Kazuma off the table she brought it closer to her mouth. Before it even got to complain, Megumin had tossed it into her mouth and began chewing vigorously until she gulped down which sent the tiny and chewed Kazuma sliding down her throat to meet a watery fate within the depths of her stomach, which may or may not have been a better experience than that of the mimic slime which had become her new sock. Excited to test out some more ideas, Megumin hastily chucked the mimic slimes into her pocket and ventured outside unbeknownst to the fact that one or two of them had escaped at the last second, however, one was a little luckier than the other as the first one to escape was swiftly stepped on and crushed by the heel of Megumin’s boot like a forgotten piece of gum that was completely adhered and stretched out on her boot. Without even looking to check, Megumin had a feeling that today would be very fun...

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment, favorite, and watch if you can. All feedback is appreciated.


Pixiv fanbox for exclusive content as cheap as a dollar!: questathana.fanbox.cc/r03;


Patreon is similar with merch and slightly more expensive: www.patreon.com/questathana


Commission me on deviantart after looking at this journal www.deviantart.com/questathana… or on paypal or kofi with ko-fi.com/questathana or with questathana@gmail.com


Twitter (Newsletter there too): twitter.com/Questathana


Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdvj2ARStXM4n-4ZxMbCa2w


Pixiv Art: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/28923702


Size Months Discord (New theme every month): discord.gg/ynsH3Sb79C


New Pokemon Giantess discord: discord.gg/RMBaAVb2m3


Madoka/SteinsGate/ReZero Sfw Discord: discord.gg/YHDvcR2t8A


My group about Small Civilizations: www.deviantart.com/smallcivil