- Text Size +

I don't know if there's anyone out there who even remembers this series, but if you're there...thank you. I am compelled also to say that, while this is technically a giantess story, it is not a fetish story. If you're here for that experience, you probably won't enjoy this.

When I first wrote "The Final Frontier" back in 2013, I didn't mean for it to become a very big story. It was meant to be your standard "Hot Alien giantess invades Earth and dominates the planet" sort of thing. But I guess some part of me didn't really like for Arell to be just some stereotypical evil conqueror, so I ended up giving her a redemption arc. While people who read the story seemed to really enjoy Arell's change of heart, I felt it never really worked. The first chapter of the original has Arell behaving like a sadist  while later installments made her seem more caring and gentle. This blatant contradiction was never really fully resolved to me, and it glared at me as I tried to paint the Avakonians as a vastly superior but gentle race. But I continued writing the series, which unfortunately stalled during "The Distant Frontier" which was moving towards Bradley being taking to Avakon to speak to the leaders there.

Part of the reason the series stopped was because I had found work with Interweb Comics, where I would eventually go on to write the "A Weekend Alone" series, which has proven to be very popular. One of the curses of this, however, is that "A Weekend Alone" has, in many ways, eclipsed my other works and demanded so much attention that I couldn't focus on older stories. As such, the "Frontier" series quietly sat unfinished. But I never really forgot it. I would argue that, before "A Weekend Alone" came to exist, The "Frontier" series were my most popular works. It would be very difficult to restart such a long going series after so many years, and I was always unhappy with many aspects of the story, my poor handling of Arell being only one. There were too many characters that bloated the story, too many things that drew away from the stars of the show, Arell and Bradley.

Off and on I thought about what I'd do differently if I rewrote the "Frontier" series. I imagined a scenario where it isn't just Arell that Bradley has to contend with but his fellow humans as they become suspicious of Arell's intentions due to the "golden age" she promises to bestow. Surely such promises come with a high cost? Is humanity expected to surrender to the Avakonians? Will we be prisoners of a new paradise? What effects will Arell's presence have on strained relationships among certain Earth leaders? I felt there were a lot of newer possibilities here that could lead to a far more interesting story than what I wrote back in 2013. I hope that you, especially if you were a reader of mine back then, agree.

Look to the stars, my fellow Earthies. For Arell has returned.

- KevinFred