- Text Size +

Cydea, Gabriella, and Amy walked out of the ride entrance, looking around the deserted amusement park for more resistance. Amy had taken a few minutes to explain what she’d seen, and both the Angel and the Demon had their pitchfork and flaming sword drawn respectively, fanning out around the goth as they walked.

Aaron was still tucked into Cydea’s cleavage, only his head protruding as he tried to ask Amy questions, “So these people, they’re just taking souls?”

“I think they’ve got you as soon as they do the hand stamp,” Amy said, holding up her own arm, “but they wait until you play a carnival game to take it.”

Cydea peered at the stamp angrily. She stopped a moment, licking her thumb and rubbing the ink off, smearing Amy’s arm with purple smudges.

“Fucking marking up my stuff like that…” Cydea muttered, “yeah, it’s definitely in the stamps, someone felt it when I rubbed it off.”

“This looks like a dangerous place Cydea,” Gabriella muttered quietly, “should we maybe send Amy and Aaron back… down?”

“What!?” Aaron protested, “I know I’m small but-“

“Relax tough guy,” Cydea chuckled, reaching down to ruffle his hair with her finger, “you’re staying right here.”

“I don’t want to be rude, but the Angel has a point,” Amy said, regarding him, “Aaron’s tiny, like he comes back if something happens, but if this gets ugly what’s he going to do?”

“He saved my ass and won me your soul the first time around when he fucked up your controller,” Cydea said with a shrug, “I don’t have anything in mind now, but I want Aaron close, it’s nice to have all of my pieces in play.”

“I uh…” he looked up at her and just returned her smile, “thanks for the vote of confidence, I guess.”

“Anytime, champ,” she chuckled. She glanced over at Amy; the witch’s hands were glowing purple as she muttered spells under her breath. “Did any of your magic hurt these guys?” she asked.

“Uh, no,” Amy admitted. “The lady running the place just laughed at me.”

“Oh, that’s not good,” Gabriella muttered, her black wings fluttered nervously behind her.

“What?” Amy asked, “I mean, I know I’m not a demon or whatever but-“

“That’s her point,” Cydea muttered, “I don’t want you to get a big head Amy, like half the time you have no idea what you’re doing, but you’re actually a pretty powerful witch. The mortal world goes generations without seeing a human who can go toe to toe with beings like Gabby and I. Yeah, you didn’t win that whole battle royale thing Death made us do, but the fact that you were even able to compete is pretty amazing.”

“Whoa!” Amy breathed excitedly, “do you think I’m like, the Chosen One?”

“Yeah Amy, you’re gonna bring balance to the force,” Cydea said, rolling her eyes, “now keep on your toes.”

The party continued through the carnival pathways, at last coming to a massive main tent a rusty red color that seemed to drip when their eyes weren’t directly on it. There was upbeat organ music coming from inside, and Cydea motioned for Gabriella to join her near the front of the group.

“All right show yourself!” Cydea shouted, strutting in angrily, her tail flicking behind her.

“You can call me Miss Hotep” a voice rang out from the darkness in side the tent, “to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?”

“Pleased to meet you,” the demon replied, “won’t you guess my name?”

“Cydea of Hell, I suppose, or at least that’s the name your cultist was crying out when I was having her dealt with.”

“And I’m Gabriella!” the angel said, waving slightly with her sord hand.

“Did she just call me your cultist?” Amy asked, slightly offended, “hey, Hotep! I’ll have you know that I don’t worship her-“

“Amy, not now,” Cydea said, “and for the record, yeah you’ve got the mark of the beast.”

“WHAT!?” Amy shouted, “what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Is that what that thing on her butt is?” Aaron asked, “I just figured it was a tattoo she got to go with all that goth stuff.”

“It’s on my-“ Amy clenched her buttcheeks, her pale face going red, “w-we are going to talk about this later!”

Cydea just rolled her eyes and chuckled, “sure Amy, we’ll all take a good look at your ass when this is done.”

“Excuse me,” Gabriella said, pointing her sword into the darkness of the tent, “Amy says you stole a bunch of human souls? That’s a pretty rotten thing to do, so if you don’t want your keister kicked, you need to give them back.”

A center spotlight went on, illuminating the center of the tent. Miss Hotep waited there, perched on her cane as she gave them all a smug smile. The rest of the lights popped on a moment later, revealing stands filled with her black-haired servants, all of them cheering and clapping for her as she bowed, taking the top hat off and jokingly blowing kisses.

“Look what we have here!” Hotep called, “a gaggle of human superstition and outdated fables, here to provide us some entertainment!”

“What the heck did she call us?” Gabriella swore angrily.

“Oh, I’m going to enjoy this,” Cydea muttered, hefting her pitchfork.

“Let’s keep things civil,” Hotep warned, the world seemed to darken, and from some black starless void a dozen spiked tentacles drifted around her, curling around her cane and slithering about her form, “Lest I be forced to take a form more… godly.”

“Shit,” Cydea muttered, “Gabby, you have any ideas?”

“Uhh…” the angel gulped, “I don’t know, nothing that powerful should be able to freely move around on earth like this!”

“What do you mean nothing that powerful?” Amy hissed, “you guys are supposed to be the badasses of the afterlife!”

“Aww, thank you!” Gabriella said sweetly.

“I’ve got this,” Cydea said quietly, “just… follow my lead. Aaron, I don’t think she’s noticed you, stay quiet.”

“Right,” he whispered.

Cydea staked her pitchfork in the dirt and clapped. Smiling she walked forward, her tail swishing behind her. Miss Hotep frowned, but the tentacles receded into the portals from whence they came, winking out of existence one by one. The demon stopped when she was standing directly in front of the would-be ringmaster, rocking back and forth mockingly on her black heels. Aaron peered up at the mysterious woman from Cydea’s cleavage, suddenly feeling very vulnerable in that cinnamon scented canyon.

“Pretty neat, throwing around all this power, skirting the rules…” Cydea mused, “So, you want to keep it civil? How about my friends and I just get out of your tentacles?”

“I doubt I could trust you to keep my little operation here secret,” Hotep said with a small smile, “you two will join my menagerie in the freakshow, you will give me the human’s soul and I’ll put her with the others.”

Aaron’s heart skipped a beat, human, singular. Hotep didn’t know he was here… but what could he do with that? Unconsciously he dipped lower into the warm breasts, hoping to keep hidden.

“Nope,” Cydea chuckled, “look, we both know you’ll win if we throw down, but it’ll be a cold day at home before I willingly let you lock me up.” Cydea glanced back at Gabriella and Amy, “I’m thinking that, between the three of us, we could probably cause a lot of noise before you snuffed us out, yeah?” Hotep glared at her, and she continued, “you can take us, can you take a dozen archangels though? Maybe some princesses of hell? That’s what’s going to come up here if we start cracking continents.”

“I’m not afraid of any heavenly host, nor the armies of hell!” Hotep hissed, but from the anger in her voice Aaron could tell it wasn’t true.

“Hmm… even someone like you can’t lie to a demon,” Cydea chuckled, and for a moment Hotep gripped her cane so hard that her tanned knuckles turned white. The demon smirked, “Why don’t we make a friendly wager? You let my friends and I go if I win, and if you win, we all go quietly!” Cydea’s yellow eyes flashed eagerly, “a diabolical bet will hold ALL of us to the terms, no fuss.”

“Your kind are rather infamous for such agreements,” Miss Hotep said, her own smug grin appearing, “though I must warn you, I’m also fond of games… What contest do you propose?”

“A little game I picked up in Hell’s Half Acre!” Cydea said with a smile. A table appeared between them, and a pair of chairs with it. A deck of cards waited in the center, and Cydea picked it up and began an elaborate shuffle, causing the cards to fly through the air. “Texas Hold ‘Em!” the demon called eagerly.

“I’m more a fan of faro,” Hotep chuckled, “but… I suppose Hell’s loose at the circus, let the devil deal the cards… or I suppose we’ll need a third party?” She snapped her fingers, and a skeleton appeared alongside the table, taking the cards and shuffling them robotically. A moment later the bony fingers laid the cards on the table for the two parties.

Cydea reached for her hand, but Hotep’s tattooed hand shot out grabbing the demon’s wrist, “before we begin,” Hotep hissed, “two final rules.” Cydea frowned, but waited, “no reality warping, divine powers, cosmic tricks, nothing beyond these mortal shells.”

“Sure,” Cydea said, her tail taking on a cocky wave behind her head, “next?”

“I know how fond you demons are of your word games, so…” Hotep licked her lips, “neither of us will cheat!”

“W-What!?” Cydea panicked, looking back to Gabriella and Amy for help. “I mean, the request is very ambiguous, cheating could mean lots of things-“

“Do you swear that you, Cydea of Hell, will not make an effort to cheat or otherwise undermine the rules of the game of Texas Hold ‘Em?” Hotep asked, fighting down a mad giggle.

“Fuck,” Cydea muttered, “agreed.”

“We’re screwed,” Amy muttered.

“What are you talking about?” Gabriella asked, “Cydea’s great at cards, she always beats me!”

“Yeah, me too,” Amy said, crossing her arms, “because if I point out a deck only has four aces, she shrinks me and puts me in her boot!”

“And the chips,” Hotep said, snapping her fingers. On the table dozens of shrunken men and women appeared, panicking and running in different directions. “Be still,” Hotep said, and, though their faces still panicked, the men and women sat in orderly rows in front of the two giants.

The first hand saw Cydea win with three of a kind, the second saw Hotep with a flush. Neither woman was making large bets yet, gazing at each other icily as they pushed the humans across the table, their giant fingers causing whimpers of fear every time they made contact with the captured souls. Amy, Gabriella, and Hotep’s minions looked on, watching every flip of the cards in rasp silence. When Hotep would win a hand, her black-haired minions would clap and cheer, when Cydea did they were silent, though Amy and Gabriella occasionally called encouragement.

Over the course of the game, it became clear that Hotep was the better card player, laughing madly every time she pulled more of the screaming humans to her side of the table. Cydea was running out of human “chips,” and Hotep was quickly learning the demon’s tells and driving the course of the game.

Cydea frowned, biting her lip as she pulled her cards as close to her chest as she could. She glanced down at Aaron, still trapped in her cleavage. With one small smirk, she pulled him out, setting him on the table. He looked up at her curiously, but she just winked at him. He smiled back, it was her duel with Amy all over again. No, CYDEA wouldn’t cheat, Aaron on the other hand…

“Oh?” Hotep mused, “and who is this? You can’t bet a human that wasn’t here at the start you know.”

“Just a friend of mine,” Cydea said, “Say hello Aaron.”

“Ah yes,” Hotep mused, “this must be the Aaron Smith that caused the whole kerfuffle some time ago? Word got to us even in the outer dark. We have plenty of souls belonging to lunatics and murderers already, though the killer clown angle is delightful.”

“That’s uh, a different Aaron Smith,” Aaron muttered. “I got killed by an Isekai truck.”

“Oh,” Hotep said, and even on that timeless and unfathomable face there was a touch of awkwardness, “Uh, sorry to hear that.”

“It’s fine,” Aaron said, walking towards the center of the table, “common mistake.” He lifted up one of the blind cards in the center of the table, holding it an angle that let Cydea see it before placing it back down and moving on to the next one. Before a stunned Hotep, he strutted arrogantly up to her and lifted her own cards so Cydea could see what they were.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” Hotep snarled, standing up. “We agreed no cheating!”

“I’m not cheating,” Cydea said in a slightly mocking tone, “I’m just sitting here, holding my cards. I didn’t give him any instructions and I’m not interacting with him in any way, the human is just doing that on his own!” The crowd exploded in anger, their furor providing a background to the smoldering glare that Hotep sent down at Aaron.

“Wow, I wonder what’s under this one!” Aaron joked, lifting another card. His laughter was cut short by a massive palm slapping down on the table, quickly reducing him to a smear across it’s surface.

“Insolent bug!” Hotep sneered.

“Fuck! That hurt!” Aaron shouted as he reappeared on her side of the table, “Cydea, what the hell?”

“I can’t keep you from feeling pain right now,” she said nervously, “I can’t use any of my powers until the game’s over.”

“So stay on your side of the table,” Hotep said in a low voice, eyes narrowing, “or else.”

Aaron looked up at Cydea who had a concerned expression, “Aaron, you don’t have to-“ she began, but he was already running back towards the center of the table. With a flourish Aaron lifted the card, letting Cydea see what it was. She fought a giggle at her opponent’s rage, then gasped as Miss Hotep grabbed Aaron up in her hand.

“I’ll choke the life out of you!” She screamed, slowly she squeezed her fingers together, cracking his bones and making him cry out in pain. He vanished as his temporary body expired, broken and battered. There were tears in his eyes when he appeared with Cydea again.

“Aaron stop,” Cydea muttered, “I’ll beat her fair and-“

“You saw the cards,” Aaron said, “you know what you should do for this hand.

Cydea sighed, and pushed all of her remaining humans forward, “All in.”

“Fold,” Hotep growled. Her eyes glowed red a moment, and powers or no powers Aaron could swear he felt his skin start to itch.

Aaron breathed out slowly, looking up at Cydea, “ready?”

“Aaron no!” she hissed, but he was off again.

She scowled as he lifted a card, again Hotep easily caught him, and this time swept him off the table like an errant paperclip. Aaron rolled as he hit the ground, his bones cracking on impact. He groaned and managed to turn himself over just in time to smell the leather of Hotep’s boot just before it ground him down. He squeaked one protest before he crunched like a bug, and Hotep took a moment to grind him back and forth like a cigarette butt.

He was shaking slightly when he reappeared again, “C-Can you win the hand?” he stuttered up at her.

Cydea shot him a glance, a look of pity flashing across her yellow eyes. Without a word she pushed all of her humans forward again, and with another swear Hotep folded, letting Cydea take another few humans.

“I can’t possibly play like this!” Miss Hotep protested, “if your human is going to continue to aid you like this then-“

“Then you can forfeit,” Cydea mocked, dealing the cards again. “I’m not cheating, I’m not giving him orders or telling him what to do, he just did that on his own.”

“I know how you feel!” Amy shouted with a laugh, “this bullshit is how she got my soul in the first place!”

“Human, your next death will be excruciating if you lift even one more card!”

Aaron grimaced and shrugged, “Not looking forward to it, but it’s just pain.”

He sprinted forward again, barely managing to lift Hotep’s card and let Cydea see it before the ringmaster caught him. This time she held him up to her face, licking her lips menacingly. With an evil chuckle she slowly slipped him past those dark lips, and he felt her tongue envelop him and shift him around in her mouth. He winced and closed his eyes as his neck was forced against the back of her teeth, and she held him there for a moment, letting him feel the wet humid air as he waited for the bite.

It didn’t come, a moment later he felt the familiar swelling of saliva and sudden vacuum, pulling back as he clawed at the giant tongue feebly. He heard the rumble of a chuckle as the slick walls of her throat grabbed him, darkening his world and forcing him down in a sticky-wet torrent of saliva. He kicked and thrashed feebly, feeling the opening below him as he was dropped into her stomach.

“That should keep your human out of our game for the next hand,” Hotep mused. “I’m sure it will be excruciating as my stomach slowly dig-“

Aaron puffed into existence on Cydea’s side of the table, panting slightly, “Whew,” he said with a smile, “gotta say, that’s a trip every time!”

“Every time!?” Hotep snapped, “you mean you-“

“I just held my breath and went under the uhhh ‘water’ in there,” he explained. “And yeah, I’ve been eaten before.”

“I can tell you don’t play with human souls much,” Cydea chuckled, pushing her humans forward for her next bet. “A little tip? Next time sit on him, or even just hold him in your mouth, hell just shove him in your boot.”

“Duly noted,” Hotep sneered. “I’ll be sure to-“

“Unless you’ve got something particularly good in that hand, no you won’t,” Cydea mused, “this would appear to be game.”

Hotep pushed her final humans forward with a scowl, “you’ve won,” she said, flipping her cards and revealing a three of hearts and a five of diamonds. “I am bound by both of our magics to hold to the terms.”

“Then we’ll be going,” Cydea said, “and don’t worry, we’ll be back.”

“Looking forward to it,” Hotep said, her face going impassive. Her gaze drifted over Aaron a moment as Cydea picked him back up, “Perhaps I’ll help the human find where the limits of his mind are, I must admit his performance has me curious.”

Aaron shuddered a moment, and Cydea’s fingers curled around him protectively, the rich smell of cinnamon filling his nostrils and calming him.

 

The four of them appeared in Amy’s living room with a flash, the top of Cydea’s pitchfork hissing slightly. The demon grunted, leaning on it a moment for support. The others looked at her with concern, but she waved them off.

“I needed a bit more power than I thought to teleport us out of there,” Amy explained, “that whole carnival is… its’ a place of power for her, and deal or no deal she REALLY didn’t want to let us go.”

“Who the hell were those women working for her?” Amy asked, helping Cydea over to a couch.

“Aliens,” Gabriella said nonchalantly, “from Yuggoth I think, they had that moldy smell around them.”

“Aliens are real?” Aaron asked suddenly, peering out from Cydea’s hand.

Gabriella and Cydea made eye contact for a moment, then laughed, “the ghost wants to know if Aliens are real!” Gabriella wheezed.

“No Aaron,” Cydea said, rolling her eyes, “UFOs are just swamp gas, and Gabby and me are just hallucinations you’re having after eating expired yogurt, yes there’s more of gravy than of grave about us!”

“Okay haha let’s all make fun of the mortal,” he said defensively, crossing his arms. “Not all of us spend our time pondering cosmic secrets, I had bills and stuff to pay!”

“So, what do we do about the evil ringmaster?” Amy asked, cutting the conversation short. She walked to the windows and peered outside, drawing the curtains suspiciously. “I have some salt and holy water and stuff; will that keep her out?”

“First off Amy go look up Nyarlathotep in your books upstairs,” Cydea said in a tired voice, “that’s her real name, and she knows I just said it. She’s part of a gang of assholes who thought they were too good for this whole creation thing back when it was first pitched, and now they’re all playing Johnny come lately and trying to muscle in, most of them don’t even have proper afterlives set up though.”

“That’s not entirely the whole story,” Gabriella said hesitantly, “there was-“

“It’s enough,” Cydea muttered, “point is Amy, none of the usual stuff will keep her out if she really wants to pop up in here, that said she won’t be nearly as strong outside of her carnival and I think the three of us could take her if she stops by for dinner.”

“So she’s really got no weaknesses?” Amy asked skeptically.

“If she has some, they’re in the Necronomicon,” Gabriella said quietly, “but it’s been lost for centuries. We had a guy in Arabia working on translating it for us, but they took him out before he finished.”

“None of you have it?” Amy asked incredulously, “I mean, I ordered it off Amazon years ago.”

Cydea sat up eagerly, “What?” she hissed.

“Yeah, I think I got a work friend a copy for Christmas one year,” Aaron said, “he was way into that HP Lovecraft stuff.”

“Their prophet,” Gabriella whispered quietly. “I-It’s got to be a fake.”

Amy shrugged and walked upstairs to her bedroom. A moment later she returned, carrying something in her hands. Cydea, Gabriella, and Aaron all squinted at it curiously.

“When did you own a Pontiac Aztec?” Aaron asked.

She frowned and looked down, “What? This is the book, right here.” She flipped it open for emphasis, the mix of Arabic and English annotations blurring as she drifted through the pages.

“Amy, that’s very clearly the owner’s manual for a two thousand two Pontiac,” Aaron said.

“Is this a joke?” Cydea asked curiously.

“Guys, it’s right here, I’m reading it right now!” Amy protested.

“Cheese and crackers,” Gabriella exclaimed, “it’s enchanted against spectral beings!” She ran forward and tried to take the owner’s manual, but as soon as her hands made contact with it there was an electrical sound and the angel screamed in pain as she was hurled across the room.

“How would they read it themselves if they can’t even handle or see it?” Cydea wondered, narrowing her eyes.

“If they wrote the thing, they probably don’t need to consult it often,” Aaron mused, “and if they really needed to, they probably just have their cultists read it to them. If only humans can see it… then they could distribute it in plain sight.”

“A little harsh criticism?” Amy said, flipping to the book’s index, “this thing is a LOT clearer than most of the other sacred books I’ve read. I mean it’s got dates and times in here in several calendars for when their followers are supposed to act, none of that ‘none shall know the hour’ stuff.”

“The dates for the end of the world keep getting moved!” Gabriella protested, forcing herself back to her feet, “and twenty twelve was a bad year for everyone!”

“Ugh, true,” Cydea muttered, “I’m still pissed you halo heads cancelled apocalypse nineteen ninety nine, we had this sweet computer bug that was going to start it off and-“

“Guys, I don’t mean to cut off this thrilling theological debate,” Amy said, “but one of the dates in here is tomorrow.”

“What’s it say?” Aaron asked, running to the edge of Cydea’s hand.

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,” Amy read nervously, “and with strange aeons, even death may die.”

The four of them were quiet a moment, then Cydea sat up, “Okay, it’s time to bump this one up the corporate ladder. Amy, do you have a crystal ball I can borrow?”

“Oh my,” Karen exclaimed when they’d finished telling their story. “I think we can all agree, this needs to be dealt with at once!” A chorus of other divine beings nodded and muttered agreement, the conference call contained spectral representatives from a dozen afterlives, a few blew kisses or winked at Aaron when they noticed he was present, and he fought the urge to squeeze lower into Cydea’s cleavage to escape their gaze. Apparently, a surprising amount of the other side was still interested in him.

“Oi, I say we all run in there and have us a tussle!” Sheila said, brandishing a large knife on her screen.

“The tentacles should make a blood eagle much easier,” Eir the Valkyrie agreed.

Yui the Shinigami cleared her throat, “I would personally like to avoid the tentacles, cultural reasons you understand.” Her foxlike tail fluttered nervously behind her.

“It shouldn’t be much of a problem,” Laylah said reassuringly, “if we all hit her at once, I doubt she’ll get a single swing off before we send her back to the void.” The angel smiled, her white teeth sparkling and temporarily blinding some of those watching, “I volunteer to lead the attack!”

“Sin of pride,” Karen said quietly.

“What was that?” Laylah snapped.

“Nothing!” Karen said with a smug smile, “I’ll see you all there tonight!”

“Uh, hey Laylah!” Gabriella said suddenly, “I know you probably just missed my texts and my voicemails, but is there any word on when I can get back into heaven-“

“Sorry, I’m very busy!” Laylah said, “I’m looking forward to working with you all on this Great Old One problem!” with that she disappeared. Agreements rang out, and the crystal ball screens disappeared one by one until only Karen remained, looking up at the three of them.

“Do you want us to do anything?” Cydea asked.

“Oh goodness no,” Karen laughed, “you’ve all done enough, take tonight to rest and enjoy yourselves. Cydea, I’ll fast track that promotion recommendation, and I’m adding an extra day of PTO to all of your calendars! Amy, I’m sending you a bottle of hot sauce!”

“Uh, thanks,” Amy said, confused.

“They make it down in the lowest circle,” Karen said with a wink, “best in creation!”

“That’s true it is,” Gabriella said, “we’re not supposed to have it in Heaven, but people sneak it in.” She cleared her throat, “I mean… other people do, or so I’ve heard.”

“And you wonder why you’re on our side now,” Cydea chuckled, “Okay, thanks Karen, be sure and tell us how it all went tomorrow.” The crystal ball winked off and Cydea sighed contentedly.

“So, what now?” Amy asked.

“I don’t know about what you’re doing,” Cydea chuckled, her fingers running over Aaron’s hair, “but I’m going to take Aaron upstairs and reward him for saving our asses in that card game.”

“It was nothing!” he protested, but she was already headed for the stairs.

“You let an evil giant bitch beat the tar out of you so that I could win,” Cydea laughed, “I think it’s only fair that another evil giant bitch makes it up to you.”

Cydea gently set Aaron on the bed, looming over him like a colossus as she grinned down at him. She snapped her fingers once, and his clothes disappeared. He was already getting hard, and he unconsciously gripped the fabric of the bedsheets as Cydea’s tail whipped back and forth with a smug air.

“Why are you so nervous?” She asked with a chuckle.

“Just wondering what game you’re up to,” Aaron admitted with a smile, “am I getting chased or-“

“I’ll freely admit that demons aren’t used to doling out rewards,” Cydea said, kneeling on the floor and leaning over so her face was level with him, “our thing is punishment, but I think I’m going to give it a shot… so, what do YOU want Aaron? You’re in charge, make any demand you want and I’ll do it with a smile on my face.”

He blinked, in surprise, then smiled. This was… new, and he had to think a minute. He was so used to Cydea taking a dominant role in their games that he wasn’t even sure what to ask…

“Call me master,” he said excitedly, “and…” he gulped, “get rid of the outfit, except the boots, leave those on!”

“Kinky,” Cydea laughed, “whatever you desire master,” those giant black lips blew him a kiss as her outfit vanished, revealing a pair of enormous red breasts that towered over him like hills. She moaned in a husky voice and closed her eyes, kneading them and rubbing them together. His mouth went dry as he watched.

“Please master!” she said in a pleading voice, “I want you so badly! Let me serve you!”

“I don’t know,” he said in awe, “I uh, need to see more.”

“Of course master,” she said, biting her lip and standing up.

She started letting her hand glide over her naked body in a display of passion that seemed to radiate out from her like the warmth from a winter fire. She moaned as her hand drifted lower, a single finger curling around her black pubic hair once before going lower still and beginning to run over a wet and glistening opening. Without warning her foot lifted up and slammed on the bed next to him, and she leaned over, one foot still on the floor, as she played with herself vigorously. As he’d requested, her heeled black boots were still on, digging into the blanket next to him and shining in the light.

“Is this what you desired to see master?” she growled, her tail whipping back and forth behind her.

“YES!” he said, wide eyed.

The smell of her arousal was wafting down on him now as he looked up at her, spellbound. She continued fingering herself, clutching her breast with her other hand. Aaron couldn’t look away, the red skinned giantess had him enraptured. She paused her movement a moment, and her finger, slick with her juices, drifted down and ran its way up his body, pausing and rubbing on his groin a moment. As always, he felt the electric tingling of contact with Cydea’s fluids, and his head went back and he groaned with pleasure at the contact.

“Would you like to go inside me master?” Cydea asked with a pouty expression.

“Yes,” he said eagerly. He saw the briefest flash of amusement come across the demon’s features, and he cleared his throat, “That is to say… your master orders you to put him inside of you!”

“Your wish is my command, my master,” Cydea said, and from her tone he could tell she was doing her best to keep from giggling.

She reached for him, gently scooping her hand underneath him and drawing him up off the bedspread. She brought him up slowly, steadily, giving him plenty of time to appreciate the smell and look of the pussy waiting eagerly for him at the end of the journey. His erection was throbbing almost painfully by the time he reached her, and the cinnamon smell of her skin mixed with the musky tang of her arousal as he readied himself for entry.

With a causal and smooth motion, she pressed him against herself, slowly and easily forcing him up and inside of her. She sighed and let herself turn, collapsing on the bed and bouncing slightly. Her hand returned to it’s work of pleasuring her, and she crossed her legs to clench Aaron tightly. She smiled and leaned back, making sure she kept just enough presence of mind to keep him alive in there, idly she directed a bit of her magic to him, increasing his durability and providing him with air that was quickly becoming scarce.

Oftentimes when Cydea put him here the walls would pummel him, but today they were slowly massaging his body, shifting him back and forth in a pleasing and tender motion. His erection ran against the soft walls, the silky and oily lubrication washing over him and sending him to new heights of arousal.

He felt his breathing pick up, and Cydea moaned outside as she picked up her speed, though only slightly. Rather than the usual ravaging and overpowering treatment, today she was bringing him off in a controlled and tender manner, and when he came a moment later, it was with a soft sigh rather than an explosive shout. He was squeezed a few more times, finishing out his orgasm as Cydea reached her own.

When she drew him out a few minutes later, he felt tired, but not utterly spent like he sometimes did after going inside of her. She chuckled at his dreamy expression, lowering his still form to the valley between her breasts and forcing him to lay down atop her.

“That was… different,” he said with a smile.

“You saved my ass today,” she said, “it seemed more appropriate to treat you like a prince instead of a plaything.” She hummed and ran a hand through her jet-black hair, “so, how was it?”

“It definitely had it’s charm,” he said, flipping over so he could look up at her, “and I loved the ‘master’ talk, but for the next round make me your bitch!”

“Oh, you’ve fucking got it!” Cydea said with a laugh.

Gabriella sighed, leaning back on Amy’s couch. The goth wasn’t sure what to make of the Angel’s sudden mood swing, and had brought out a snack tray from the kitchen and put on a sitcom rerun.

“You uh, want anything to drink?” Amy asked. “I ordered pizza, but it’s going to be like an hour, so…”

“Do you have Levantine wine?” Gabriella asked.

Amy bit her lip, “I uh… well, if you want something hard, I’ve got some beer, a bottle of whiskey I got when I turned twenty-one, and Cydea left a bottle of that Fireball stuff that all the demons like.”

“Bring me whatever Cydea drinks!” Gabriella muttered, “I guess if I’m not going back to heaven, I should get used to things down below.”

Amy shrugged, and a moment later brought her a shot glass full of the cinnamon flavored drink. Gabriella sniffed it once, then downed it one gulp. Her serenity lasted a moment, before she started coughing and gagging.

“Oh god it’s terrible!” Gabriella moaned.

Amy laughed and rolled her eyes, coming back a moment later with a glass of water. The angel took it eagerly, gulping it down to wash the taste of the demonic liquor out of her mouth. Amy flopped on the couch next to her, reaching for the TV remote as she flipped through channels.

“So, what has you down?” Amy asked.

“Still just adjusting to the idea that I’m never going back upstairs I guess,” Gabriella sighed, pointing upwards. “Everyone’s been pretty nice to me in Hell, and it’s nice hanging out with you and Aaron, but I guess I thought it would be a sort of vacation from Heaven. I thought they’d do everything they could to get me back, but…” she sighed, “I heard that they’re reassigning all the people I was a guardian angel to, I guess nobody’s planning on me coming back.”

“Uh,” Amy patted her back awkwardly, “hey, it’s all right, you’re going to do a lot of good down here anyway!”

“Y-You think so?” Gabriella sniffed, a few tears in her eyes.

“Yeah!” Amy said, hoping to cut off a bout of crying, “I mean if you think about it, evil people need to get what’s coming to them, right? You’re like the sword of justice!”

“I guess that’s true,” Gabriella mused, “and I always had a bit of a… streak. I guess I’ve been hiding it for so long…”

“You like to push people around a little, do some of that S&M stuff,” Amy said, “I’m pretty sure that’s a plus given where you… work, now.” She shrugged, “Cydea and Aaron don’t seem to mind it, that’s for sure.” She almost added her own name in there, but she wasn’t sure where that would lead. Still, the Angel did seem to notice, and there was just the hint of a smile on the corner of those lips.

“That’s kind of the thing though,” She sighed, looking up at the burning halo, “I feel like I’m just trading one set of expectations in for another, now I’m going to have to be all menacing and cocky like Cydea is.”

Amy rolled her eyes, “Gabby, you’re a rebel angel, if you want to be all bubbly and cute ninety percent of the time who’s going to be angry with you? Like honestly, the whole cutesy-menacing thing is great, someone who’s afraid to say ‘fuck’ but who kicks ass is awesome.”

“I’m not afraid to say…” Gabriella paused, gathering some courage, “fuck, I just haven’t fully worked it into my lexicon yet!”

“It’s fine,” Amy laughed, “my point is, just do you. I mean everyone told me this goth thing was stupid, that I’d grow out of it after high school, but now?” She beamed, “I’m an actual witch Gabby! I’m super powerful too, I might be the chosen one! And I’m also a homeowner before thirty with my own in-ground pool, so who’s laughing now!?”

Gabriella smiled, “thanks Amy… I’m really sorry I stepped on you that one time.”

Amy just waved dismissively, “I’m kind of coming around to Aaron’s point of view on it, you’re not the only one learning some weird stuff about themselves…”

Gabriella raised an eyebrow, “Really now?”

“I uh,” Amy gulped, “well, I just-“

She was cut off as a brief wave of dizziness washed over her. She blinked and looked up at the far away ceiling and felt her heart pick up, the carpet brushed against her knees like tall grass, and she yelped as the ground shook. Gabriella stood up from the couch, stretching her arms and her wings at once as she peered down at the now bug sized Amy. The ground shook, causing Amy to tumble over as the titanic angel took a step forward.

“You picked really soft carpet for your new house Amy,” Gabriella mused, “I wonder why that was?” She scrunched her toes in it, savoring the rich silky feel. “Did someone plan ahead? In case she saw herself fleeing across this floor one day?”

Amy took the hint, and began running through the field of carpet fibers. Gabriella was right of course; she had picked this carpet thinking that it was soft enough that it would be comfortable if… well THIS happened. She was small enough that the soft fibers were difficult to move through, and she heard the Angel’s giggle echo over the expanse of the living room floor as she took another step forward. This time Gabriella stomped her feet, only slightly, but enough that the ground shook and Amy tripped. With a tumble she landed on the lush carpet she’d picked out just a month before.

“Uh oh,” Gabriella said, “it looks like I’ve caught up…” She stuck her big toe out, circling the tiny woman even as she struggled to her feet. “Such a sad little bug,” Gabriella teased, “just my footsteps tripped you up so much.” She shrugged, “well Amy, you know what happens to bugs who can’t scurry away fast enough, right?”

Her sole went flat again, and Amy could smell the rush of burned vanilla scented air wash over her, ruffling her hair as the smallest movements of the Angel impacted the world around her. Gabriella put her hands on her hips, bending over to get a better look at her prey. Amy stared up, awestruck into a face the size of an office building. She’d been tiny before, but even familiarity couldn’t soften the feeling of those enormous blue eyes focusing down on her.

The living room was silent, and the only sensations Amy was aware of were her heartbeat and… how was she this turned on? She gulped and from the widening smile on Gabriella’s face, she knew EXACTLY with the tiny mortal woman was thinking. Slowly, deliberately, Gabriella lifted her foot again, the shadow falling over Amy, who fell flat onto the carpet as she stumbled backwards.

“Fuck me,” Amy half muttered, half moaned. It took all of her self-control not to dive a hand into her panties then and there. Instead, she held her hands up in a futile attempt to hold back the slowly descending foot. She grunted as she pushed upwards with all of her might in a gesture the angel didn’t even feel. Like before one of the last thoughts, she had before the foot came down was that Gabriella’s feet were unearthly soft, heavenly even.

Gabriella pinned the squirming mite under her sole, resting it against the carpet as she sighed, enjoying the moment. Her own hand dipped into her robes, and into her white panties. She giggled as she felt her own wetness, and fingered herself slightly as she let Amy sweat, wondering when it was coming. All at once Gabriella put her full weight down, and a tiny crisp *crunch* reached her ears, a sound she wouldn’t have even noticed had she not been listening for it.

Amy appeared next to her, at her usual height just a head shorter than the angel. The goth’s face was flushed, and she was panting. Gabriella turned and gave her a sweet smile, grinding her bare foot into the carpet back and forth where Amy had been just seconds ago. Amy watched, almost spellbound.

“How did you do that?” Amy asked, once she’d caught her breath.

“Cydea lets me have power over you, just in case there’s an emergency or something,” Gabriella explained. “I can do stuff to Aaron too.”

“W-Was that an emergency?” Amy managed.

Gabriella shrugged, “No, but do you want to play again? I’ll make you a little bigger this time, that way you could probably evade me a little easier.”

“Yes!” Amy said a little too eagerly. At Gabriella’s smug smirk she coughed and collected herself, “I mean, it was kind of fun, sure, but…”

“But?” Gabriella echoed.

“Instead of bigger, maybe… the other way?” Amy asked nervously.

“Smaller?” Gabriella laughed, “that’s not much of a game, that’s just me stepping on… well not even a bug at that size.”

“Yeah,” Amy said, mouth dry, “not much of a game.”

Gabriella smiled and snapped her fingers, “Goodbye Amy!”

Amy’s vision cleared as she blinked a few times, from the shadows overhead she would have guessed she was in a forest if she hadn’t known better. The carpet fibers towered around her like redwoods, the canopy overhead was parted just enough that she could see the Gabriella’s miles long foot lifting over her, drifting overhead like a celestial body waiting to fall to earth.

Amy couldn’t control herself anymore, and as the angelic foot descended, she reached a hand inside her panties and began to touch herself, moaning without any worry that the faraway goddess would hear her.

Gabriella just lightly stepped on the floor, frowning as she ground her foot back and forth. Amy didn’t reappear, and the Angel stepped down again on the spot she was sure she’d shrunk Amy into.

“Too small to even squish,” she murmured, “well, I’ve got some time to try, and I could make her bigger if I can’t find her…” She giggled as she stomped her foot down on the carpet again, wondering what her footfalls were like at Amy’s near microscopic size.

“Miss Hotep,” the black haired servant asked her master nervously, “we have all of the human souls stored in our cylinders, we’re prepared to flee at your command-“

“Flee?” Hotep snarled, “do you think there’s anywhere in this universe where they couldn’t find you?” She chuckled as she walked through the empty carnival, “no, we didn’t come here to steal a few thousand human souls… we came here to steal them all.”

“The escapees are going to tell their superiors,” the servant muttered uncertainly, “we have means of dispersing some of them, but we are flesh and blood your greatness…”

“And if I ordered you to fight them and spill that blood and spoil your flesh, you’d do it without question!” Hotep snapped, “so count yourself fortunate that I have come prepared…” she sighed angrily, “My timetable will simply have to move up.”

Morticia had always been slightly offended by how hard the living worked to avoid her attention. Where Angels, Demons, and Gods of all stripes consorted and cavorted with their followers, gave commands, or even just played pranks, Morticia mostly just did her job. Every few centuries a human or two would meet her in person, and then live in fear as though she was stalking them and hoping to cut their life short… The notion annoyed her, personal and professional visits were two very different things!

“Gertrude,” Morticia said, walking into the retirement home game room.

The old woman sneered up at her, setting the chess board, “ready to lose another year?”

“Gertrude,” Morticia sighed, “I keep telling you, I’m not extending your life when you beat me! It’s just not your time yet.”

“Yeah right,” the old woman laughed, her dentures rattling in her mouth, “I know how this works, set your pieces! I swear dearie, unless you get better at this game I’m going to live forever!”

“If that comforts you,” Morticia said neutrally.

Gertrude peered at her suspiciously, moving one of her pawns forward, “If you’re not giving me extra years of life… why do you come and play chess with me every year? On the Anniversary of Harold’s death no less? Come to rub it in?”

“It was because I promised him I’d keep you company,” Morticia explained, moving her own pawn, “until the time came for me to reunite the two of you.”

Gertrude was quiet at that a moment, and it wasn’t because she was contemplating her next move.

“Look at this! So touching!” a mocking voice called. Morticia and Gertrude turned to see a newcomer, a tattooed woman in a top hat who sauntered up to the two of them. “Morticia, I presume?” She beamed.

“I am not working right now,” Morticia said coolly, “I very rarely take personal time, so I suggest you-“

A tentacle appeared from nowhere, slithering around Gertrude’s neck and lifting the struggling woman from her chair. She was a tough old battleaxe, not nearly as feeble as she looked. Still, she coughed and gave the newcomer a hateful gaze, not a note of surprise or curiosity in it.

Morticia’s scythe appeared in her hand and she stood up, “release her now,” she said quietly.

“I think not,” Miss Hotep said with a toothy grin, “you’re a tough woman to find Morticia, but it seems that even death herself falls prey to petty sentimentalities.”

“What do you want?” Morticia snapped, growing angry. “I smell the stink of the Outer Gods on you, I won’t allow you to harm her-“

“Put yourself in my power, and I shall release her,” Hotep replied. A portal appeared behind her, revealing the central tent of the carnival. Dozens of circles were drawn on the floor, and etched in symbols that could contain even one such as her.

Morticia hesitated, then breathed out slowly, “Gertrude, I must postpone our game. I hope you understand.”

Hotep cackled as Morticia stepped through the portal, and each circle on the floor glowed slightly as Morticia passed it, finally taking a seat in a small wooden chair in the center.

“M-Morticia?” Gertrude rasped, clutching at her throat as she was lowered to the floor. “What is this?”

“Leave the board set up,” the reaper said with a smile.

Hotep stepped through the portal, and it closed behind her. The outer god regarded the reaper a moment, careful not to step into the circles herself. Even to one such as her, Death’s calm was unnerving.

“You’d risk so much, just to extend the life of a woman with so little of it left?” Hotep mocked.

“Regardless of how much or how little time she may have, Gertrude is my friend,” Morticia replied.

“You know why I want you,” Hotep said quietly, “what I intend?”

“Strange aeons,” Morticia replied evenly, “I’ve heard it before.” Death grinned, “I’ve always preferred Dickenson to Howard Philipps, personal taste you understand… You outer gods all refuse to stop for death… perhaps I shall kindly stop for thee?”

Nyarlathotep shuddered, the anathema’s words cutting deeper than they had any right to. With one last glance at her captive, she strode out of the tent.

Karen finished polishing her pitchfork, humming happily to herself as she prepared to manifest on earth. She stood still and took a breath, willing herself to appear outside of Hotep’s carnival and… nothing happened. She paused, attempting again, panic rising. Her phone rang, and she ran to it.

“Karen!” Laylah asked in a panic, “can you get to earth!?”

“No,” the demon said, “it’s like something’s-“

“She’s caged the reaper somehow,” Laylah said, terror rising in her voice, “without death, nobody can move between worlds! I’ve got Valhalla, the Underworld, and a dozen others on the line, nobody can get through!

Miss Hotep stood outside her carnival, looking defiantly up at a roiling sky. When it was clear that the gods had sent no chariots, fiery ladders, or heavenly hosts, she laughed. It was a cruel sound, long and harsh, causing even her servants to cower.

“Who now can deny the power of the Outer Gods!?” She cackled. “This world, and all in it, shall give praise to our glory alone, let Azathoth’s name be sung!”

Amy, Gabriella, and Cydea stood on Amy’s back porch, Aaron in the demon’s hand as they watched a rolling black clouds and purple lightning crackling overhead. It was spreading from the direction of the fairgrounds, and they’d already failed to reach any of their otherworldly benefactors.

“Well,” Cydea muttered, watching the alien sky block out the sun, “I think we might be fucked.”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys are enjoying this arc so far, the final conflict between damnation and madness is at hand!