- Text Size +

Both of them exited the bedroom in single file, with Naomi quietly closing the door behind her. Both ended up in the dismal kitchen, leaning back on the counters, ignoring one another. Amy washed out two mugs in the sink, poured water into a kettle and flicked it on. The rolling boil grew louder and louder. Amy pulled out a pot of instant coffee, filling each mug with granules and then water, passing along a cup for her friend. They both took measured sips from the scalding hot black coffee, refusing to look each other in the eye. 


“So uhh…” Naomi broke the silence and leaned back further on the counter, “What was it like kissing him?” 


Amy blushed and remained quiet. Undeterred, Naomi continued the point after taking a mouthful of coffee, “Oh come on, you had him sitting on your chest. I know you got some action with him.”


“It was just a few kisses,” Amy looked into the black pool of caffeine, gazing into her reflection, warming her hands on the mug as she sighed, “That's all.” 


“A few?” Naomi rolled her eyes and stood up straight. 


“Yeah right. A saucy minx like you, I was more surprised you didn't break the poor tiny in half when you did try to kiss him.”


“And what, you didn’t try kissing him when you got the chance?” Amy glared out the corner of her eye as if she were trying to incinerate Naomi to ash by look alone, “I saw some of your lipstick on him, you know.”


“Okay, okay, I got my taste as well.” Naomi grinned, throwing her hand up to surrender the point.


“Poor guy…” Amy sighed, deflating in the spot, “We really shouldn't have done all that to him.” 


Naomi nodded in agreement, “Bet you felt it too right? It was like… lightning running through my body. Everything tingled when I held him.” 


Amy rubbed her chin, “Yeah, I’ve never felt an urge like that before. I wanted to do so much with him.” 


“Same,” Naomi chuckled, downing her coffee and firmly planting the empty mug on the counter, “When you showed me that picture, it sent me mad. I couldn't focus on anything else apart from him. It was even worse when I held him.”


“And now he is in the other room,” Amy halted her sentence, a vacant gaze overtaking her as she zoned out. 


She sighed, “But it feels like he’s a million miles away.”


“And you just want to barge in there and cuddle him right?”


“Yes,” Amy fidgeted on the spot, biting her lip, “I want to sleep right next to him, I want to stuff him in my pocket, I want to keep him closer and never let go.”


Naomi licked her lips, relishing such thoughts “Likewise.” 


“But why? “Neither of us were like this yesterday.” Amy, too puzzled to keep drinking her half-empty mug of coffee, placed it down on the counter, folded her arms and looked up to the stained ceiling.


Neither had the answer, but they both shared the exact same sentiments, how something primordial drove them with Nate. A calling of sorts, like they had to care for and protect him, to give him all the lavish affection in the world, to make him feel loved and cherished. Amy and Naomi were in a battle of will, their arousal continuously peaking and growing. They shimmied on the spot, agitated and unable to concentrate on themselves in this silence. Their perversions dominated their thoughts, imaging Nate in all sorts of scenarios. Amy’s mind's eye conjured up an idea of letting him sleep in her naval, whilst Naomi dreamt of having Nate stuffed in her yoga pants in a workout. They wanted to play with him, tickle and hug him, shower him with kisses and let him explore every iota of their body. 


Naomi clenched her jaw to focus and then changed the subject, “So what now?”


“Well…” Amy snapped to attention, then pondered her question. Scratching her head, she said, “We’ve both been bitten by the same bug, so we better look after him equally.”


Naomi laughed softly in response, “Always one for coming up with plans.” 


“We need to have a plan. If those desires get out of control, we could end up hurting him. If we are like this after a few minutes with him, imagine a whole day without him,” Amy’s voice was stern, cold, and calculating. 


She pinched her forehead and then continued her thoughts by saying “How about we alternate days where we care for him? That should keep things balanced out.”


“Sounds good,” Naomi paused and took greater account of the state of Amy’s apartment. Rot and muck infested the place to the point where she wondered how this place had not been condemned long ago. 


Sneering in disgust, she said, “But I can tell from this sty you won't have enough money to care for him, so I can help pool some of my loan to help out.” 


Amy’s eyes darted about, up and down, left to right, unable to process her friend’s last words, “Y-You would do that?” she stuttered. 


“For him?” Naomi folded her arms, “Yes, one hundred percent I would. I won't have him dressed in those rags or starving a second longer.”


Placing her mug down, Amy walked up to her friend, wrapped her arms around and enveloped Naomi in a tight hug. She grinned back and returned it and the two spared a few seconds to embrace.


“Thanks, Naomi, You’re the best,” Amy could not have smiled harder if she tried, as her worry oozed away. 


“Don't mention it. We’re doing it for him.”