- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Content Waring!! This chapter contains quite a lot of ingestion of gross materials (namely dirt/grime). If that doesn't interest you, feel free to skip. I should also note that this chapter is rather "tame" compared to what else I have planned. If you find this bad, definitely don't read future chapters. 

Main Chapter Scenario: Undershoe

"I'm Tasha Nia and I'm here today with a special guest," an elegant interviewer spoke to the camera. "He's the first and only survivor of SHRK-2 and for now we'll just call him John. For his safety and protection we are keeping his identity and voice a secret, but all you need to know is that he has lived through one of the most deadly issues our world has seen. John, welcome."


"Hello," John said.


"Now John, you came to us," Tasha declared. "Why was that? What did you want to tell the people?"


"I wanted to share some advice, so others have a fighting chance to survive this."


"Wonderfully noble of you. Thank you John, millions will appreciate this. Please, tell us what you can. What is the most important piece of advice you can give the listeners at home?"


John was quiet for a second, thinking about what exactly to say, and how to phrase it. "When it first happens, you'll likely be on the ground. I need to say this to everyone listening, if you're on the floor when it happens, you must get off. Either get to higher ground, or get under something. You cannot be on the ground for any period of time. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. You will get stepped on, and it will ruin your entire life."


---


Isabella was a young 18 year old who was just about to start college in a few months. This job wasn't anything glamorous, but it helped pay for tuition. She was also rather short at only 5' tall. Isabella walked into work and stepped into the bakery area, saying hello to Sarah and Kelly. She walked back a bit and stopped near where the toaster was. It was radiating warmth and she liked that.


vvv


I duck and hide in the groove as the towering figure that was Isabella walked towards me. I had my plan, I was going to wait until she walked past, then I would make a break for it beneath a counter. I had to get under something, and I had to do it now. With three people walking around, it was just too dangerous on the floor. The tremors increased as she walked near me, and despite even being supported by the edge of the groove, I was still tumbled and lost balanced, face planting into the caked in grime and dirt on the floor. 


A little bit of dirt got into my mouth, sitting on my tongue with some dry, grainy feeling that was a little gross but more annoying. This was my chance though, I had to run. I climb out of the groove and start my fast, yet slow, sprint towards the area beneath the counter. It was the counter where the toaster was, I'd be safe under there. As I started running the small bits of dirt on my tongue were itching. I stuck out my tongue to try and scrape it off with some success. I was too preoccupied with doing that I never noticed the area turning dark and the ground shaking. I fell to the ground on my back, my tongue still out and exposed. Before I even had a fraction of a second to retract it back into my mouth, the massive shoe of Isabella's came crashing down onto my body. The dirty sole of her shoe touched down and squished onto my tongue, instantly filling it with the taste of dried filth.


^^^


Isabella stood there by the toaster for a small bit. There were still no customers at the moment and not much to do. It wouldn't get busy until a while later as it usually happened. In the meantime she pulled out her phone. She had recently begun doing a daily word puzzle known as Wordle, and wanted to get it done for today. As she was thinking about the word and guessing, Isabella started to absent mindedly glide her shoe across the floor. She wasn't even aware she was doing it, it was just some small action she did while her mind was occupied on the word puzzle. For several minutes she glided her shoe back and forth and back and forth.


vvv


In the pitch black darkness beneath Isabella's shoes, the dirt and grime on her sole was agitated by the saliva of my tongue, causing it to seep onto my taste buds and dribble down into my open mouth. The awful taste of rubber and filth filled my senses as I desperately tried to retract my tongue back into my mouth, but the sheer weight of her stepping down was enough to hold it in place, not allowing me to do anything. I had fallen awkwardly too with my arms pinned behind me, completely preventing me from even attempting to yank it free. All I could do was just lay there and be forced to taste the bottom of Isabella's shoe. Taste all the dirt and grime that had adhered itself and caked into the tread, and taste the rubber that held it all together. I kept trying to struggle, or rotate my head sideways, or pull my tongue back, or anything to get this taste away, but every single thing I did was hopeless. The weight of her standing on me was enough to immobilize me completely. I was stuck here with my tongue pressed up against the tread of my employee's shoe.


The ceiling above started to move, but kept the same pressure on top of me. Isabella's shoe moved backwards at a slow yet rapid pace, grinding and scraping my tongue across the tread. I squirmed and whimpered as it felt like sandpaper being dragged across my my tongue. The grainy dirt stains scratched at me and the dried globs of grime rehydrated from my saliva and painted my tongue with a vile substance that tasted of pure nastiness, all while the scent of rubber futilely tried to mask the overpowering stench of filth. My tongue pressed into the sole of Isabella's shoe, absorbing every little bit of dirt it came into contact with as the shoe move. The backwards movement caused my tongue to be yanked out further than it should be, allowing for even more grime to be slathered all over my tongue, and the taste of shoe to be enhanced even further. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I laid there, unable to do absolutely anything except to accept the fact that I was being forced to lick the bottom of Isabella's dirty shoe, and she had no idea. The whole stroke of one lick lasted only about five seconds, in that time my tongue gathering over a mile of pure dirt and grime that had once found a home on Isabella's shoe. It's new home was on my tongue. The five seconds had felt more like five minutes to me due to the pure agony of the situation. After the longest five seconds were up, Isabella's shoe stopped moving and my tongue stopped scraping against the filthy sole. I thought it was over and she would lift her foot up any second now and I could get out of this mess. It had only just begun.


Instead of lifting up, Isabella's shoe just started moving again, this time in the opposite direction. She had moved her foot just a slight amount, which was enough to cause a shift of where her shoe was moving. My tongue was grinded and scraped against another portion of her shoe tread, causing a fresh layer of dried and caked in dirt and grime to be transferred and slathered over my exposed tongue. The grainy and vile substances were effortlessly cleaned off her shoe with my tongue acting like a rag to hold all of the filth. Globs of dirt and grime were accumulating at a rapid pace, so they either got squashed deep into my tongue and buried in my taste buds or fell around me into my open mouth. My tongue was beginning to get dry from being outside, and the dry dirt didn't help either. If anything, the dryness made the licking worse, as instead of gliding over all the filth, it caused my tongue to grind against the sole, scraping even more dirt and even more grime off her treads only for it to get lodged more and more into my taste buds. The rare taste of rubber was welcomed at this point, because all I was tasting otherwise was filth. I continued to squirm and writhe from the situation but I was held fast by this petite woman. No amount of struggling was going to do anything to help me. More tears welled up in my eyes, streaming down my cheeks as I just laid there with my tongue grinding and scraping more dirt off Isabella's shoe. The only thing I could do was just lay there and let it happen.


^^^


Isabella had just entered her first guess into the word puzzle, and got it wrong. "Aw man," she quietly said aloud to nobody. As she thought about the next guess, she kept gliding her shoe back and forth across the ground. She wasn't even consciously aware she was doing it. The movement was so small and meaningless that it didn't even register in her head as something to take note of as happening.


vvv


Another five seconds of licking had finished, once again feeling like five minutes. With only two long strokes, my tongue was already completely covered with dirt and grime, stained black with a vile substance that oozed into every orifice. As soon as the movement stopped, I silently begged for it to be over, but it was not over. Isabella's shoe started to move back the other way, again with a slight shift of direction, once more causing my tongue to scrape off and gather another fresh layer of dirt and another fresh layer of grime. Another five seconds of licking, just for more dirt than I knew existed to be embedded into my tongue. Again her shoe stops. Again her shoe shifts direction. Again I am force to lick even more dirt and grime. Again, and again, and again. And again. Every single time she stopped and started her shoe was moving in a very slightly different direction, driving and forcing fresh filth onto my tongue. She went back and forth across my tongue over thirty times, every stroke forcing me to lick a new spot. She was inadvertently forcing me to clean her shoe sole with my tongue, being sure not to miss a single spot. 


By the tenth stroke, my tongue was dry and rough, and it felt like I was the sandpaper roughly scraping against the sole to get off every little bit of dirt. By the eighteenth stroke, my tongue was so covered and embedded with pure grime that it was oozing out of me, spilling into my mouth and onto my face. By the twenty-ninth stroke my tongue had been rubbed raw and burning from the constant, unending licking. It was beyond dry from the lack of moisture. It wasn't even fair to call it a tongue anymore. It was nothing by a rag, a sponge. It was a tool used to clean this 18 year old's shoe sole. Tears were streaming down my face as my tongue kept grinding against the sole. Even after this long I couldn't believe the situation. I couldn't believe I was really being force to lick Isabella's shoe. Isabella! I had just talked with her a day ago. She was a nice, gentle person who worked hard and just wanted to enjoy life. She even called me her favorite manager! Yet here I was with the bottom of her shoe on top of me, my mouth filled with the dirt she had stepped on. Tears kept falling as her shoe stopped, only for Isabella to start dragging it back the other way, with more dirt to scrap off onto my tongue.


^^^


"Ugh," Isabella expressed after getting another guess wrong. Kelly and Sarah came up to her after this and asked what was going on. Isabella explained the game to them and how she was stuck on the work. Kelly told her to step aside and see if she could figure it out. Isabella took a step to the right, leaving her phone on the counter. Kelly then stepped over and took her place and began to look over the word to figure it out. Kelly stood there putting in some serious thought about what the word could be. As she stood she maneuvered her foot around as some subconscious fidget. After a little bit of thinking and another failed guess, Kelly figured out the word of the day: SMALL. 


vvv


Isabella's shoe stopped moving once again, but I gave up hope of it ever lifting up. Just then, I felt some pressure release as a blinding bright light blasted my eyes. Isabella had in fact lifted her shoe up to step elsewhere. My eyes instinctively shut due to the light and my adjustment to the darkness. Without the weight on me, I attempt to retract my tongue back into my mouth. However, it has been so rubbed raw and so filled with dirt that it refused to move at first. It just laid there exposed and limp as if it were some dead animal. Well if it wouldn't go in itself, I'd just push it in with my arms. I would be able to free my arms due to Isabella no longer pressing down on me. Just as I begin to move about to get my arms out from under me, the sky went dark again. I stopped moving from panic as my eyes shot open, expecting to see Isabella's shoe coming down again. Instead, for the briefest of glimpses I caught sight of Kelly far far above me, right before her shoe came crashing down on me, and just as before, right onto my still exposed tongue.


I thought it was over, I thought I was going to be done with this. But just as soon as Isabella's shoe moved, I was instantly put beneath another one. I had thought my tongue had lost all ability to taste anything anymore, but I was wrong. Kelly's shoe brought along a whole new taste and a whole new world of dirt and grime to be slathered all over my already filthy tongue. Kelly was standing differently from Isabella, and was thus putting more pressure onto me than before. My tongue was squashed harder, mashing the dirt deeper into my taste buds than ever before. She also didn't move her foot around the same. Rather than the long strokes I had grown accustomed to, Kelly moved her shoe around sporadically, causing my tongue to lick up and down and every which way. Dirt and grime from her shoe was getting lodged in places it wouldn't normally due to the movement. Her shoe was hunting for every little part of my tongue to have filth on it, all the while scraping excess dirt into my mouth and my eyes. 


Some glob of gook made of unknown substance had made its home within the confines of Kelly's shoe treads. It had been there for months, turning black from grime. It was likely the amalgamation of filth all mashed together to form some sticky disgusting goop. Kelly never noticed and even if she did she probably wouldn't care that much. 


The shoe kept moving dragging my tongue along the tread until it ended up being shoved right into a giant sticky glob of something. My tongue instantly stuck to it, while the force of Kelly's movement forcefully dragged it through all the sticky goop. Globs of the powerful grime oozed through my tongue, sticking in little globules all over, seeping deep into my taste buds while the rest dripped and dropped down into my mouth. The taste was terrible. Having to lick dirt off a shoe wasn't pleasant, but it was dirt. This muck that had slathered itself over my tongue had been fermenting with grime for months, developing it's own disgusting flavor that outmatched everything I had licked up prior. To make matters worse, Kelly had picked this place to stop moving her foot, forcing my exposed tongue to just stay there stuck and mashed into the sticky goop, absorbing all of the flavor into my taste buds.


^^^


"I got it," Kelly said, slightly satisfied with herself but keeping it contained. 


"You did? What was it?" Isabella gasp. She took a step closer to Kelly to see her phone. "Small? How did I not get that!"


"Hmm, I wonder if they picked that word because of the whole SHRK-2 thing," Kelly wondered aloud. "It must be scary, being so small and helpless like that. Anything could be a danger to them." She shook her head thinking about it. "I'd feel awful if I stepped on one of them," Kelly said, completely unaware that her boss was currently beneath her shoe as she spoke. She unconsciously put a tiny insignificant amount of pressure down on her shoe as she said this.


vvv


I was completely helpless as a massive burst of pressure came barreling down. My raw and filthy tongue was pressed deeper into the glob of gunk on the bottom of Kelly's shoe, encasing it in grime. I didn't think there was anywhere left for dirt to go on my tongue, but the glob oozed and squeezed its way into places to fill every single crevice and melt into every single taste bud. My tongue was pulled and stretched out even further than it should be allowed, just to have more dirt and more grime coat every inch of it. Tears of agony and humiliation streamed down my cheeks as I just laid there unable to even move a muscle. I was at the complete mercy of whatever Kelly was doing with her shoe. I couldn't even squirm and struggle anymore from the increased pressure. I could just lay there with my tongue coated in grime and accept that this was happening and wait for it to be over.


^^^


"I'd feel terrible," Kelly said, repeating herself, again putting just a tiny little more pressure down on her shoe. 


"Hold up what's this SHRK-2 thing?" Isabella asked, having never heard of it. 


"It's some virus, or I think they changed that, that's going around. People are just shrinking down to some really small size," Kelly explained. "Only like one person was found alive. It's terrible, you could just be walking and one of them will end up under your shoe."


"Oh my god," Isabella exclaimed. "I had no idea. Are we supposed to be watching where we're going right now?"


"Not here, no," Kelly said. She lifted one of her legs to give it a quick scratch, thus putting the entirety of her weight onto the shoe her miniscule boss was currently under. "That's why we work in pairs and they are more of us here, to make sure if something does happen someone sees it. Back here you should be safe without needing to worry about it. Look it up," Kelly said, taking a step back.


Isabella took her place a second later and began to search up information about SHRK-2. "That's good, I'd hate to step on somebody like that."


vvv


I thought my tongue couldn't get any more covered, but Kelly's constant increase in pressure kept shoving it more and more into the glob of grime. Finally after far too long the pressure began to lighten and Kelly's shoe began to lift up. Light flooded into my eyes again. However, my tongue was so mashed and molded into the sticky glob of gook that it was violently yanked out as her shoe went up. My body was lifted up just a bit as well, freeing my arms from under me before my tongue snapped out of the gook and send my body back to the tile floor. My back slammed into the ground. My raw, burning, and dry tongue slopped onto my cheek, it was completely coated and stained in dark black globs of grime and filth, and all I could taste was pure disgusting grime. I desperately had to get my tongue back into my mouth, it couldn't take much more of this. It was still impossible to retract it, but my arms were free. I could put it back in myself, I just need one second to do that.


In half a second I had grabbed my limp tongue and raised it, ready to reinvigorate back into my mouth. Before I could finish though, everything went dark as Isabella's dirty shoe came crashing down onto my, once against smashing into my exposed tongue. This was her other shoe, the one I hadn't already licked cleaned, meaning I was once against welcomed to a fresh layer of dirt from the bottom of her shoe.


I couldn't taste any new dirt, but the sticky coating easily adhered the dirt to it. I could barely even feel her shoe against my tongue due to the layers of grime built up. But I knew it was in contact. More tears came as I struggled underneath her shoe. Every time she went back and forth I would be gathering more and more dirt from her shoe. At this point I was just a living, breathing human shoe cleaner to her.


^^^


Isabella scrolled through websites on her phone, against absentmindedly gliding her shoe back and forth across the floor. "Wow," she said after skim reading information from various sites. "This sounds awful. I had no idea. I hope I haven't done anything to hurt anyone who has this," Isabella said as she gently moved her shoe back and forth, unknowingly grinding my tongue into the dirty sole of her shoe. 


"Oh look at this. '10 Ways to Help SHRK-2 Victims'. Let's see," Isabella said opening the page and quickly scrolling through it. "This one says to make sure your shoes are free of patches of debris. 'People suffering from SHRK-2 won't be crushed, but they can get stuck to splotches of debris' it says." Isabella lifts up her leg and turns her foot over, inspecting the bottom of her shoe. Doing this, she puts the entirety of her weight onto her other shoe, unknowingly flattening me further into the dirt. "My shoe is pretty clean already," Isabella says, ignorant of the fact that she had inadvertently and unknowingly forced me, her 'favorite manager', to clean the bottom of her shoe with just my tongue. 


Kelly checked the bottom of her shoe as well, and found a really small patch of some black colored gook that was lodged in her tread. She had a brief look of disgust on her face, but just put her foot back down. It was such a small little patch of gook, Kelly thought to herself. No way one of them would be small enough to ever get stuck in that. Besides, it was disgusting looking, bleh. She didn't want to touch that.


Isabella put her shoe down and went back to her phone. She raised her other foot up onto the toes for a brief period while she kept looking through her phone. She never bothered to check the bottom of her other shoe. If she had, she might have noticed the very small splotch of dirt residue adhered to the sole. She tucked her phone and and stepped back down before getting back to work.


vvv


My tongue had gone back and forth along Isabella's shoe several times, absorbing layer after layer after layer of dirt and grime. Finally, after being used to clean the bottom of her shoe, the pressure releases and light comes blinding in. I recoil for a second and bring my arms up to block the light. Then I remembered. My arms were free, and no one was on me! I quickly grab hold of my raw, burning tongue, coated and covered in several layers of grime, stained pitch black from pure filth. I had to get it back in my mouth, right now. I take my limp tongue that had been used a shoe rag and lobbed it back into my mouth. A feeling of relief comes over me as I can finally relax. At the same time, the saliva in my mouth hydrates all of the grime, and fills my mouth with a filthy fluid. A single layer of the dirt built up on my tongue mixes with my saliva, the other several layers were so dried and caked into my tongue and taste buds that it would take a lot more liquid to break that down. I turn onto my side and spit out the liquid. I felt exhausted, I just wanted to get out of here and get back to normal. I slowly roll onto my stomach, needing the extra effort to push myself to my feet. I barely even begin to get up before the sky goes dark.


I was only able to turn my head a little bit, just to see the massive ceiling of Isabella's shoe coming back down ready to step on me. For the briefest of seconds I see a huge splotch of dark brown dirt adhered to her shoe with something sticky, and it was heading right for me. In an instant I was immediately pushed to the ground as the splotch of dirt enveloped me and I felt my back squelch into something sticky. All went dark as a huge pressure crushed down on my body.


^^^


Isabella heads over to the drink station to make some drinks customers ordered. The information about SHRK-2 was still in her mind, thinking about how it must feel for the people affected by it. She was glad it was safe for them in the back here at the store. She really didn't want to risk stepping on anyone while at work. If Isabella had any idea that someone, especially someone she knew, talked to, worked with, respected, was currently stuck beneath her shoe at that very moment, she would have helped. She would have done whatever to get them to safety. But she had no idea, so she walked without holding back anything, stepping down with full force each step, with a smile on her face.


vvv


Pitch black. I couldn't see anything. I knew there was dirt on all sides surrounding me, but I could only feel it. All I had to do was wait until Isabella stepped off of me, then I'd make a run for it. Safety beneath the counter was right there, I could make it. I'd figure out how to get someone's attention soon, but right now I had to make a run for it. It would be awkward to explain what I went through to Isabella and Kelly, but I'd deal with that later. For now, once the light came back, I'd make a run for it. Just on cue, pressure started to release, and blinding light was flooding back into my eyes.


I immediately tried to run, but nothing happened. When my eyes adjusted I noticed that I was no longer laying on the tile floor. In fact, the familiar red tile was now miles below me, as if I was flying...Oh no. The ground below whipped by in a blur. It was like the tress when you were driving fast on the highway, just a blur as you rushed past. A second later everything stopped, except the red tiles were getting closer and closer. Until finally my body was slammed into the tile floor, buried beneath the weight of Isabella in pitch black darkness.


The pressure lessened and the light returned. I desperately tried to move anything, but nothing reacted. My arms and legs were completely adhered to something sticky. My legs were likewise stuck fast. Even my head was squished sideways into some questionable sticky goo. Literally no part of my body was able to be moved. As the red tile floor came rushing up, and my body was smashed into it with the full weight of her body pressing down on me, I came to the horrible realization. I was stuck to the bottom of Isabella's shoe, by the same substance that held tight to the rest of dirt that surrounded me. I had just been forced to lick off all the dirt on her shoe a few minutes prior. Now, I was that dirt.


^^^


Isabella made the drinks, and as she did so she had her foot propped up on the toe. She absentmindedly and haphazardly moved her foot about, swinging from left to right, putting it back down on the floor, tapping it up and down. 


vvv


Again my body was pressed hard into the unforgiving tile floor, the dirt and grime coating my clothes and body. I was lifted up again, but not like before. Instead I was given a glimpse of the outside world, albeit upside down. Everything was still, but only for a moment. A second later the world rapidly shifted from side to side. The world was a blur as I felt myself get lightheaded from the constant rapid motion. It continued for several seconds non-stop, making me ready to puke, until finally and instantly my body was slammed back into the floor. Isabella's shoe skidded along the ground, grinding my body across the tile floor, smearing grime and dirt all over my face and clothes. Right afterwards I was lifted up again, hovering above the ground before being slammed back into the tiles, over and over again as Isabella tapped her foot for a small bit. 


I was repeatedly slammed and smashed into the tile floor for a minute or so until finally it stopped. Only for my world to be flipped upside down as Isabella put her shoe up on her toe once more. Again, I was rapidly swung left to right, my vision blurring and my nausea returning. It lasted for a few seconds but felt like hours before the world went dark. My body was slammed into the tile floor, where again I was dragged and smeared into the grime of the floor. From the repeated steps and all the drag marks, I was coated. My face, my arms, legs, and all my clothes, were stained brown and black from the grime and dirt I was mushed with. I was completely and utterly indistinguishable from the rest of the dirt that littered Isabella's shoe. I couldn't even move to differentiate myself. I was dirt.


^^^


Isabella leaves her shoes planted on the ground as Sarah comes up and the two begin talking. They talk about various, mundane topics just making small talk until the next customer came. Isabella let out a little giggle as they chatted. Again she lifted her shoe up and bounced on her toes for a second, before planting it back down.


vvv


Tears were welling up in my eyes. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything except breath. Even my fingers were completely stuck. Whatever goo had found itself on Isabella's shoe was so sticky and adhesive that there was no way I was strong enough to get myself off. Was this it? Was I going to spend the rest of my life trapped to the bottom of my employee's shoe? Nothing more than a speck of dirt beneath some 18 year old's shoe? My question was answered as light erupted into my face as the world appeared upside down. Only to immediately be plunged back into darkness as my body was dragged and ground across the floor, once again smearing even more grime onto my body. Yes, this was my life now.


^^^


For the next hour or so Isabella was on her feet constantly working. Whether it was taking orders, making drinks, or whatever else was needed, she was walking around. The bakery floor was littered with little crumbs from fallen bagels and other assorted pastries that fell forgotten to the ground. Isabella stepped on them without care or any attention. She was just always walking, and even when she wasn't walking she was standing still with her weight pressing down on her shoes. 


On multiple occasions she even had to take orders outside for people that wanted curbside pick-up. She had to walk all the way outside onto the sidewalk and even the road pavement. What a bother! At least it was a nice day. It was over an hour of walking before things settled down a bit. 


vvv


I lost all track of time. Everything was the same down here. It was dark, then a blurry rush of red flying past before I was smashed into the ground and plunged into darkness. Over and over and again and again I was lifted, rushed, smashed, darkness. To make matters worse, the ground Isabella was walking on was littered with massive boulders that exploded into bits and pieces when she stepped on them. Some giant round boulder that was twice my size, which I assumed was actually just a poppy seed, found itself lodged in the same goo I was stuck in. Welcome to your new life, fellow crumb. She kept walking over massive bits of food. I was fortunate enough that none of them ever made contact with him. Well, as fortunate as a human being literally plastered to the bottom of someone's shoe could be.


Every step Isabella took, and she took well over a hundred, covered my body in more and more filth. The grime kept building up, it was getting thicker and greasier and seeping into my clothing. The filth was also slowly starting to cover up my only unblocked eye. The only thing that let me see, the only thing that reminded me that I was still human in this world, was slowly being covered up by grime. If I lost my ability to see, then...what else would there be for me to do?


At various points it was clear even to me that Isabella was walking somewhere other than the bakery. Even from my position beneath her shoe, I could sense the increase in light as she stepped outside. Also, my body noticed the change as the smooth tile I was used to getting crushed into was replaced with the jagged, rough pavement of the sidewalk. Her first step outside shook me to my core as my body was smashed into the bright pavement. Bumpy hills protruded into me, threatening to stab me, but never actually doing it. Just a lot more pain than the normal step. Then she took another step and smushed my body into the jagged pavement once more. That's when she stepped down onto the dark asphalt of the parking lot. Isabella actually stepped down onto a massive boulder, actually just a tiny insignificant pebble, right where I was under her shoe. The pebble pressed into my entire body beneath her weight, shoving me more into the sticky goo, as if it's only purpose was to ensure that I never escaped from this predicament. Then she walked back into the store, smashing me with each step until after what felt like hours passed she eventually stopped walking.


^^^


Isabella stood there during a slow period talking with another coworker. She was talking about SHRK-2 and what she learned earlier today. She mentioned the little tidbit about making sure your shoes are clean so the victims can't get stuck. She lifted her shoe up to check the bottom, but found there was a tiny little splotch of dirt. Oh no! Isabella didn't want to cause any harm to any poor people affected by this. The coworker suggested wiping her shoe on the mats to clean it off. Isabella agreed it was a good idea, and began to walk out to where the mat was, ready to do her part and help prevent the victims from suffering.


vvv


After the repeated steps and stomps I had been under from Isabella, my body was nearly completely coated and covered in layers of dirt and grime. My only exposed eyes was almost smeared over as well, leaving just the smallest bit of room for me to look out of. It was like looking through a telescope, except it was made of grime and it didn't magnify anything. All it would take would be a couple more steps and my eye would be blocked as well. Luckily, Isabella had stopped moving for a bit, giving me much needed time to rest.


Even buried under all the filth, I felt the world fly by as Isabella's shoe moved. Despite most of my view being blocked, the bright light exploded into my eye nearly blinding me for a second. When my eye adjusted I looked up and saw Isabella's giant face looking down, right at me! This was my only chance to be seen. Her eyes were literally looking right were I was. I just had to...I couldn't move, not even a single finger. My entire body was coated and stained the same color as the dirt I was surrounded by. I did all I could do, and scream interally at her, hoping beyond any logical reasoning that she would hear my thoughts and help me, save me from this situation she was putting me through. She didn't. My heart sank as her face vanished from view and my world starting movie. I saw the red tile floor from my telescope view, before I was once again smashed into it unceremoniously. 


As her shoe came down I felt more grime smear all over me. As it lifted my view was already more limited then before. I knew she was taking a step because of the weightless feeling in my gut. Once again her shoe comes down and I'm smashed into the floor. Once again layers of grime smear across my face and body. I feel the weightless take over, a sure sign that Isabella was mid step, but my world was still entirely dark. It had happened, my eye had been coated over with dirt. I was now completely covered in grime on the bottom of Isabella's shoe. What would happen now? Just getting walked on over and over again. All there was anymore, was darkness.


She took several more steps, further cementing my place beneath the grime, as just another speck of dirt helplessly trapped to the bottom of her shoe. I was crying but the tears had no where to go so they just pooled up at my eye. Each step I felt the soft crunch of the hard floor squash me just a little bit more, reminding me that this is really happening to me. Several more steps occurred, before an awful, awkward crunch sound was made. In the darkness it was impossible to see, but I felt some massive spear jab into the dirt next to me. 


A deafening scraping sound roared into my ear, sounding like small explosions in rapid succession. It all stops for one second, but the weight increases as Isabella steps down again. Some large pointy thing poked into my cheek, before being roughly dragged across my face, taking a large glob of dirt with it, allowing me to finally see once again. As the shoe lifted up and readied itself to slam down, I saw what was going on. Down below me was the floor mat we had in the dining room for people to wipe their feet on. Isabella was wiping her shoes right now. I scream internally as her shoe plants down again, the giant spines of the floor mat poking into my body, before being forcefully dragged along my body. Layer by layer the dirt and grime smeared over my body was peeled and flicked off, cleaning both me and the sole of her shoe. The spines of the floor mat are repeatedly prodded and poked into me multiple times with a lot of force before being dragged across with globs of dirt along for the ride. I could only scream in terror.


^^^


Isabella walked over to the floor mats. She stepped down and began to wipe her shoes back and forth, attempting to dislodged the small dirt that had made itself home on her shoe. She put a lot of force into it and really tried her hardest to get every little speck of dirt off. Isabella dug deep to let the floor mat do all the work. The last thing she wanted to do was cause any harm to the poor people that may have been affected by this SHRK-2 thing. After several times, she felt enough was enough. She stepped off the mat with a slight smile. "There, all clean," she said. "Now no one can get stuck."


vvv


I was still stuck to Isabella's shoe sole. Even a floor mat literally designed to remove dirt couldn't remove me. The familiar rush of Isabella walking took over as I saw the ground I had become accustomed to race towards me. I was slammed into the floor as a layer of dirt coated my body once again. In the darkness pressed against the floor, I thought it was over. I thought it was inevitable that I would be adhered to this shoe for the rest of my life. As it rose again, I felt a glimmer of hope as my leg started to move, indicating that the floor mat had done something, and started to loosen me from the sticky goo that held me tight. There was a chance!


^^^


Isabella walked back behind the counter where she took a customer real quick. As she helped them, she put her shoe up on the toe and mildly rocked it back and forth before putting it back down onto the floor. After the customer she walked into the back really quick to get something before returning to the front bakery. In the short time she was gone several more customers had already gotten in line. Today was gonna be a long day.


vvv


Slam. Isabella took another step, squishing me against the tile floor and coating my body with a layer of dirt. The rising took place and my leg was still dangling. Slowly the rest of me started to peel off. With enough time, I would--Slam. Isabella stepped down again, pressing me into the tile floor once more, covering my face with more dirt. I felt my leg that was free push back into the sticky goo. We lifted up once more and I could just tell the progress had been undone of freeing me. If I had any chance of getting off, then--Slam. Another step, another layer of dirt. If she didn't stop walking, then I would end up completely stuck once more. But what could I do about it? I was at the complete mercy of Isabella. Slam. She took one more step, I felt the dirt piling up on me. My only chance of getting free was for her to stop walking. My fate, the entire rest of my life, was being decided by this 18 year old girl, who didn't even know I was here. Slam.


With just the few steps she had taken, my body was already coated with layers of dirt. My face had grime slathered all over it again. At the very least, I could tell my leg still hadn't been sealed back completely. There was still a chance Isabella could stop walking for just a moment. I silently begged her to as she stepped down again, coating me in another layer of dirt. 


She must have heard me thoughts, because soon after I was lifted up and my world upside down, a sure sign she had put her foot up. I felt my leg start to peel off, slowly but surely removing me from this cursed place. Then Isabella started to move as wel. Her shoe started rocking back and forth rapidly. I felt myself whipped by the wind pressure from her movements, but I also felt it helping to speed up the process of peeling me off. It was happening, I was finally going to be free. I could finally start attempting to get--Slam.


In an instant all went dark as Isabella slid her foot down across the floor. I cried out internally in the darkness as a wave of grime smeared all over my face. I felt my body smush back into the sticky goo, threatening to reverse all the work that had just been done. It was only for a second, but the darkness under her shoe felt as if it lasted an hour. Finally the light returned as Isabella began walking again. As I felt myself rise, my heart began to sink as I felt my body wasn't moving. Had I really been smashed back into the goo again? Then it happened. Again my leg peeled off first. I had to endure a few more steps, each one threatening to trapped me here forever, but eventually the time was up. As Isabella started to take another step, my body gave way all at once, peeling from the sticky goo. My hair was the last thing to come off, the good trying it's best to keep hold, pulling at my hair before it's grasp let go. As Isabella completed her step, I went plummeting towards the tile ground.


I was free. I was no longer stuck. I was no longer getting stepped on. I got to my feet and quickly took note of how I was. Half of my body was stained dark brown and black from all the dirt and grime that had accumulated on me during the time. The other half was coated in a layer of half dried, half sticky goo. My hair was congealed together with both the grime and the goo, forming some ball of slob. I didn't even dare open my mouth to check my tongue, I was not risking that again. I could taste the dirt anyway. Despite all the filth that was covering my body though, I was fine. Yes, I hurt all over, but nothing was broken. Nothing was sprained. I could move and walk and everything just fine. Must have been something with SHRK-2 and how it effects the body. Well, I was alive. That's what mattered most. I could take a shower when I got back to normal. For now, I had one mission: get help. And get off the floor. I learned the hard way this was the absolute worst place to be. I had just been stepped on for hours. I didn't think it could get any worse than that.

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 2.