- Text Size +

Chapter 24: Epilogue


"Why don't you go to the park and socialize with your friends for a while," said Mr. Lockport, "and when you get back, your mother and I will give you the verdict on whether we will let you spend time with Morgan Lefevre."


"Thanks, Daddy!" said Alexa. She took her belongings to her room, and re-enlarged her terrarium with her neutrino dissimilator and set the terrarium on a shelf. She put her clothes away, then grabbed her cell phone that had been in her room while she was at the academy, and put it inside of her backpack along with her neutrino dissimilator, and her neural stimulator and set off for the park nearby, to meet up with her old friends. Alexa still wore her portable container that Stratus had given to her on her birthday, with Terry still inside.


Since it was a Saturday, Roxie and Tricia were hanging out there at the park.


"What kind of a necklace is that?" Roxie asked.


"It is made of platinum and has diamonds and other gems built into it," said Alexa. "I keep my shrunken captive inside. His name is Terry."


"Can I see him?" Tricia asked.


"Sure," Alexa replied, and she opened the flask containing Terry.


"Hey, there's nothing in there," said Tricia as she peeked inside.


"It has a built in cloaking device," said Alexa, as she dumped Terry into her palm. "See? When he's inside the container, you can't see him. Now the blue sapphire turned into a red ruby now that he's not in there."


"Can I hold him?" Tricia asked.


"Sure," Alexa replied, dumping Terry into Tricia's hand.


"Remember when we were younger, we always wanted to shrink people?" Tricia asked. "Now you finally have a shrunken man!"


"I know," said Alexa. "I've swallowed him twice."


"Can I swallow him?" Tricia asked.


"Sure, but you're gonna have to puke him back up, though."


Tricia popped the shrunken man into her mouth, and swallowed. Once he was gliding down her esophagus, she giggled, and Alexa and Roxie laughed, too. Tricia lifted her shirt slightly, revealing her belly. "I can't believe he's really in there! This is like a dream come true!"


"How long can he stay inside of her stomach?" Roxie asked.


"He's immortal, so he can last a long time," Alexa replied. "I just don't want to lose him, so Tricia is going to have to vomit him up soon."


"What's the longest you've had him in your stomach?" Roxie asked.


"About half an hour once, I was punishing him because he tried to escape from me."


Terry, at one inch tall, found himself swimming around within what to him was the vast expanse of Tricia's stomach. He swam around in her chyme, trying to hold his breath as much as possible. Logic told him that he was immortal, and he had nothing to fear; he could survive indefinitely within the belly of a girl. But emotionally, he still felt anxiety, because eventually, he knew his oxygen would run out. He could smell the contents of Tricia's most recent meal.


Alexa spent the next ten minutes talking about the events of the school year, and what had happened with Morgan Lefevre. Her initial victory, then her defeat, then the rematch and the truce.


"So you get to go visit her reality this summer?" Tricia asked.


"Maybe, I'm still waiting for my parents decision on that. But in that new reality, Roxie and Santiago are my generals! I've got two sets of each of you to be friends with. Morgan wants me to go back and help her with getting all of the world's criminals minaiturized and sold at auctions."


"That's so cool!" said Tricia. "I wish I could go!"


"I have an easy way for you to puke Terry up," said Alexa as she put her backpack down and pulled out her neural stimulator. "This is a neureal stimulator, it will stimulate the area of your brain that is responsible for your gag reflex. If you have anything inside of your stomach, you will vomit it up."


"Is it painful?" Tricia asked.


"No, not when I used it on me," Alexa replied.


"Okay, use it on me!" said Tricia, and Alexa fired the gadget at Tricia's head.


Tricia vomited, and Alexa scooped Terry up out of the grass.


"How does he feel about being your captive?" Roxie asked.


"I think he accepts his fate," said Alexa. "One of the reasons I picked him out was because he's submissive, so he's less likely to try to escape."


"But you said he did try to escape," said Roxie.


"Yeah, but he's used to me now," said Alexa.


The three girls talked for most of the afternoon, until Alexa decided to return hom to face her parents' verdict about whether or not she would be permitted to return to the reality created by Morgan.


Once Alexa arrived home, her parents were waiting for her.


"We've come to a decision," said Mr. Lockport. "We've spoken to Victoria Valerius, the headmistress. She told us about how responsible you were, and how you were the decisive factor in defeating Morgan."


"We're proud of you for calling a truce," said Mrs. Lockport. "Without your cool head, they might still be in the middle of a time war."


"So what's the decision?" Alexa asked.


"We've decided to let you go to Morgan's reality," said Mr. Lockport. "You can stay there for half of the summer, and here for the other half. Pack your belongongs, Ozymandias is going to pick you up in an hour." 


Alexa hugged both of her parents, and packed her luggage. She was thrilled that she had the permission of both her parents and the faculty, and wouldn't have to sneak around behind anyone's back to visit with Morgan Lefevre. When Ozymandias arrived in the rocket sled, he took her luggage and loaded it, and off she went to visit the new reality for the summer.


THE END