- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story features a very silver-age take on superheroes and supervillains, less dark and serious and more goofy and upbeat.

Sam sighed as he finished writing up his latest claim denial. As an insurance agent, and one specializing in “costumed incidents,” he was well aware of the ins and the outs of what was covered when a supervillain and Ultra Woman, Delta City’s primary superhero, decided to throw down. In this case the alleged victim had tried to claim that Impossible Woman, a size changing menace in a bright spandex suit, had stepped on his car during her rampage, but whatever HAD crushed his car was definitely not wearing her signature shoes, so he’d denied it. It was probably a standard monster, and the holder didn’t have a kaiju policy.

This was his life, an endless repeat of filed claims, then the weekend, then Monday, forever. He didn’t even hate it really, he just felt numb.

“Hey Sam,” his boss, Richard, said, walking over and carrying a mug of coffee, “Heard you were heading out early today, finally going to cut loose, paint the town red?”

“Nah,” he said as he sent the email, “I’m renting my spare room and there’s a tenant coming by to look at it.”

“Too bad,” Richard said with a shrug, “Young guy like you? You’d clean up if you hit the clubs in this town.”

Sam laughed politely as he grabbed his coat and turned to leave. The truth was he wasn’t really looking at dating since his last breakup, not that the relationship had mattered too much to him really, none of them did. He just couldn’t get himself to click with anyone. If the work week was an endless track, dating was just adding hurdles, making it harder for no reason.

He turned on the radio for the traffic report as he drove home. In a city like this you had to listen to the report, or you’d end up in a four-hour backup while Ultra Woman battled a giant lizard or something. It was an exciting town, to be sure, but he’d managed to be bored with it anyway. His commute didn’t help, forty-five minutes out of town to a house he’d managed to pick up on foreclosure.

He had a decent sized home on a ten acre plot, mostly surrounded by farmland to the rear, and the burgeoning urban sprawl in front. In another ten years it probably wouldn’t be the edge of town anymore, but he liked it for what it was now. The only real problem was keeping up on the mortgage. Admittedly he was living a bit beyond his means, so he’d decided to rent one of the rooms. It was lonely out here anyway, another person might liven it up, he’d decided.

He frowned as he saw a bright and red sports car already parked in his driveway, some kind of yellow design painted on the front. It was… gaudy, and expensive looking, was this the prospective tenant’s car? What would a person who drove something like that want with a rental all the way out here?

A work vehicle, he decided, maybe some kind of entertainment business? He’d ask later. He noticed someone waiting at his front door, a short woman with frizzy hair and thick glasses. She was wearing a loose hoody and some unremarkable jeans, and as he got out of the car and walked up, she smiled and waved.

“Hi, Sam Smalls, right?”

“You must be Maisie Grande,” he said, reaching to shake her hand. The name sounded familiar, between that and the car he wondered again if she was in entertainment, maybe someone with billboards downtown?

“Here, let me show you the room.” He opened the door and walked her upstairs, telling her about some of the house’s features.

“What about the basement,” she asked suddenly, “Could I use it for some things?”

“Oh, like workout equipment or something?”

“Yeah,” she said with a grin, “Workout equipment…” she laughed suddenly, giving him the idea he’d been left out of a joke.

“Right…” he said slowly, “Well, yeah, I don’t keep anything down there, so you can use it for whatever.”

She seemed positively giddy, asking him all kinds of questions about the house, and as they finally got down to the basement she was positively hopping with delight.

“Oh, it’s perfect!” she said eagerly, “Look at that, plenty of outlets, a slit window to watch lightning crack… I’ll take it! I’ll move in today!”

He blinked, well that was easier than he expected, “I’ve got a lease upstairs, let’s go get it done then!”

They sat together at the table, and she read over the terms. When she was satisfied she eagerly signed on the dotted line.

“He,” she chuckled, “Ha… HAHA!” she began laughing maniacally, standing up so quickly her chair fell over. “You fool!” she crowed, “You have just agreed to rent a room to the unstoppable, the terrifying, IMPOSSIBLE WOMAN!”

“What!?” he exclaimed, looking from the lease, to the girl, and back again, “What are you-“ It clicked suddenly, that was where he’d heard her name before. Was he just that numb to life that he hadn’t noticed? Apparently so, he realized.

She lifted the hoody over her head, tossing it to the floor and revealing a skintight yellow spandex outfit, red lines tracing up the sides, it was revealed to be a full body suit as she pulled the loose pants down, kicking them away. With a flourish she tossed the thick glasses away, replacing them with a yellowed visor. He recognized her now, this WAS her, the Impossible Woman! The size changing villainess who was a frequent enemy of Ultra Woman, and a regular cause of insurance claims at his office.

He turned to run, but a hand the size of his shoulder gripped him, and forced him back around. The formerly short and mousy girl was now standing over him, an eight-foot Amazon with a smug grin.

“That’s right new roommate!” she began, “Cower in terror before the MIGHT of the Impossible!”

“I-I’ll just tear the lease up!” he stammered. It was stupid, but it was the only thing he could think to say.

She frowned, “If you do that I’ll…” she thought a moment, “I’ll grow to five hundred feet and stomp this whole house into matchsticks!”

“I’ll call the police!”

She blinked, “Didn’t you hear me? If I don’t get to live here, I’m stomping the house!”

“I’ll call Ultra Woman!”

She scowled, “I’ll stomp the house AND your car!”

He gulped, trying to force himself to calm down, “W-Why do you want to live here? Don’t you types usually have a lair or something?”

She shrugged, slowly shrinking back down to her normal height, “I just find it easier to rent, oh and by the way…” She reached down into her pocket and gave him a handful of something. “First month’s rent, right there!”

He slowly opened his palm and gasped, it was full of diamonds, “Did you steal these?”

“I mean…” She shrugged, “SOMEONE might’ve stolen them, I just got paid in them for a job I did with Professor Apocalypse. I don’t really do jewelry stores anymore.” She grinned, “Come on, help me carry my stuff in.” Numbly he followed her to her car, the ostentatious red and yellow coloring starting to make more sense.

His mind was blank, still processing everything as he carried a large suitcase down to his basement. Following the spandex clad woman’s instructions, he placed it in the middle of the room.

“Wow, thanks for that!” she giggled, “You’ve got major henchman vibes buddy, you ever do any villain work?”

“Uh thanks,” he said, unsure of how else to respond, “No, I’ve never done any… henching?”

She flipped the suitcase open and he gaped in awe as a number of items seemed to grow out of it. Each time something came up Maisie, Impossible Woman, would heft it, and carry it to one side of the room before it could grow completely to it’s full size. Tables, chairs, computers, all manner of things were coming out. Soon an entire laboratory, complete with beeping machinery, test tubes, and an exam table had been assembled in his previously sparse basement.

“Pretty neat huh?” She said, seeing his look, “I mostly just grow big, but with focus and direct contact I can shrink stuff too. It makes it a LOT easier to carry all of my lab equipment around.”

The two of them plodded back up the basement stairs, as he looked up he couldn’t help but notice that Impossible Woman’s skintight outfit showcased her curves, along with an ass that a supermodel would kill for. He gulped and tore his eyes away, this woman was a supervillain, he needed to be focusing on finding a way out of this.

Maisie had noticed her new roommate’s quick glance, and she grinned smugly to herself, deliberately swaying her hips back and forth slightly more as she finished climbing the stairs. Sam was cute, and his flustered panic on having one of the city’s premier supervillains in his living room was a little endearing.

“Hey,” she said softly, “I know this whole thing is crazy, why don’t I go pick us up some takeout? My treat!”

“Okay,” he muttered, “Hold on, I’m parked behind you-“

“Not a problem!” she said, walking out the door.

He nodded, then suddenly registered what she’d said. In a panic he ran outside. Maisie was rapidly growing, first ten feet, then twenty, soon she blocked out the sun as she stood triumphantly over the entire house. She saw his look and gave him a quick wink. Bending over she reached for his car, gently picking it up and placing it next to her own. Satisfied, she stood back up and began to shrink down again, until finally she stood in front of him at her usual size, looking up at him with a grin.

“You like to watch a girl grow, huh?”

He blinked, “I was just worried, about my car, and-“

She shrugged, “Hey, I get it, some guys like ‘em big.”

“That’s not-“

“There are fansites for me you know. I made a demand to the city over youtube last year, half the comments were people asking me to step on them.”

“Step on them?” He asked, suddenly almost laughing at the absurdity. He froze suddenly “You’ve never… that is to say you don’t-“

“Step on people?” she asked, laughing, “Well, the invulnerable ones, sure, I step on Ultra Woman all the time but it never sticks.” She waved dismissively, “But… no, I’m not really that kind of villain, if I’m going to smash up a part of the city I usually call ahead and let them evacuate or whatever. I mean you’ve probably seen some of my work, right?”

“Yeah,” he said, “I’m actually an insurance agent, I specialize in superhero related destruction.”

Her eyes went wide, “Oh man, I’m probably keeping you in a job!” she laughed. “Okay, you in the mood for Chinese food?”

“Uh, sure,” he said, still a bit dazed that he was talking with a wanted supercriminal.

“Okay, great,” she said, hopping in her sports car, “Oh, and remember, don’t call the cops or I’ll smash the house!”

With that she pulled out of the driveway and rocketed down the street, leaving a stunned Sam to ponder his next move.

When he woke up the next morning Sam almost hoped the entire thing had been a dream, but as he walked into his kitchen in his bathrobe, he saw the short frizzy haired woman pouring herself a bowl of cereal. She grinned and waved at him, and he noted with some amusement that she was wearing a pair of pajamas in the same color pattern as her costume.

“Want some breakfast?” she asked, pushing a plate of bacon towards him. With a shrug he took one of the pieces off the plate and had a bite. She stretched, “So, roomie, what are your plans for today?” she asked with a smile.

“Work,” he said, “I’m hoping to get caught up on some claims.”

“Oh,” she said, “Well I’ve got some bad news, because you’re going to have a lot more once my latest scheme comes to fruition! HAHAHA!” She cackled madly, “You see my dear Sam, I’ve gathered an army of bugs from the backyard, and when they unveil the new exhibit at the city’s history museum today, I shall unleash them upon those unsuspecting fools!”

“Why?” Sam asked, reaching for another piece of bacon, “If you don’t mind me asking…”

“The new exhibit is on Ultra Woman’s greatest foes,” she said with a pout, crossing her arms, “I’m not even in it!”

“Oh,” Sam said, “Well… that really is a tragedy, I hope they fix that.”

“Oh, they will,” she laughed, “I’ll show them all, SHOW THEM ALL!”

“Right,” he said with a forced smile, “Good luck with… all that, I’d better get going.”

He walked out to his car and mused briefly on the insanity that seemed to have engulfed his life.

Work was like a dream, it seemed so odd that he was here, in his office, doing paperwork, and yet there was a supervillain hiding out at his house.

He decided to pull up Impossible Woman’s file, the insurance agency kept dossiers on most of the active villains. He read through her basic background info. Maybe this would give him an idea of what to do?

“No known weaknesses,” he muttered, reading about her powers. It didn’t tell him much he didn’t already know. She’d had a promising career as a young chemist, and had been working on her PhD when she’d had a lab accident and had been exposed to a radical cancer treatment designed to shrink tumors. Since then, she’d been able to grow to heights hundreds of feet tall, shrink objects by touching them, and had generally made the square cube law her plaything.

He finally reached the psychological profile section, “Bullied as a child, absent father, negligent mother,” he frowned, it seemed like she’d had an unhappy life. “Maisie Grande typically covers for feelings of isolation with a bombastic facade, her crimes are generally committed to attract attention rather than to enrich herself.”

He paused and wondered what, if anything, he could do with that information. He felt a bit of pity for her. She didn’t seem that bad, when she wasn’t cackling and holding the city for ransom anyway. He scanned a bit lower and found another part of her file he’d been interested in.

“Danger level,” he read, “Impossible Woman is one of the more powerful meta-humans active in Delta City, but typically restricts herself to property damage. Impossible Woman has, on several occasions, allowed herself to be captured rather than seriously injure or kill civilian bystanders.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. Whatever she might threaten to do to his house, he probably wouldn’t meet HIS end under a pair of shiny red truck-sized boots.

“Ah, boning up on Impossible Woman, eh?” Richard said, standing over his shoulder, “probably a good idea, the police scanner’s lighting up. Something about the new villain exhibit at the museum.”

“Yeah,” he said, “She’s not in it… or so I’ve heard.”

Richard rolled his eyes, “I mean she’s not exactly an A-lister, you know?”

“She is too!” he said a bit defensively. Seeing his bosses surprised look he collected himself, “I mean, that is to say, she’s iconic, think about that time she stole City Hall!”

Richard just shrugged, “Whatever,” suddenly he had a grin, “You seem really into Impossible Woman Sam, don’t tell me you’re one of those cape chasers?” He paused, “maybe you like your girls… big?”

Sam just turned back to his computer, his face red as his boss laughed.

“Curse you Ultra Woman!” the titanic yellow clad Maisie yelled, “You will rue the day-“ she was cut off as the blue blur struck her chin, sending her gigantic form sprawling backwards.

“You’re watching highlights from today’s superhero fight outside the museum,” the news reporter said, “Impossible Woman was apprehended, and her army of insect terror returned to normal.”

The camera suddenly zoomed in on Ultra Woman, “You know what I always say,” the buxom blonde superheroine said, flashing that pearly white grin, “The bigger they are, the harder they fall!”

Sam scowled and turned the TV off. He’d found himself rooting for Maisie, and even though he knew it was messed up Ultra-Woman was just getting on his nerves now.

It was late, he wasn’t sure where Maisie was, but it was probably jail or some other holding facility for supercriminals. He’d made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, but when Maisie hadn’t returned he’d packaged some up and put it in the fridge for her.

Suddenly the front door opened. He turned and saw Maisie walk in. Their eyes met, she gave him a small smile, then trudged over to the couch and collapsed on it.

“Man,” she breathed, “they sure don’t build jails like they used to… once I got the power nullifier cuffs off the whole wall came down like cardboard.”

“I uh, made dinner,” he said.

Her eyes lit up, “Really? Thanks!”

He went to the kitchen and warmed her up a plate, gently dusting it with parmesan before bringing it back to her. She wolfed it down greedily, scraping the edge with her fork hoping to get every last bit of sauce.

“I just wanted to say,” he said slowly, “It really was bullshit that they didn’t put you in that museum exhibit.”

“Yeah yeah,” she muttered, leaning back after finishing her meal, “I mean… I don’t know, she did stop me kind of easily, maybe I am a joke villain.”

“Oh come on!” he said, “you stole City Hall! You were in that movie they made about Ultra Woman, the Hollywood types know how important you are!”

“Well,” she said with a smile, “It was only the first few minutes, but yeah…” Her eyes lit up, “Hey, do you think if I stole the Hollywood sign, they’d make a movie about ME!?”

He was about to say something, but stopped himself. Was this really something he wanted to be encouraging? To be part of? He was already in this “lifestyle” deeper than he was comfortable with… He stared at the eager eyes of the woman next to him, and felt an unfamiliar fire in his chest.

“You’d have to go bigger,” he said with a grin, “Kidnap a few A-List actors, snatch them right off the movie sets! That will get the tabloids going crazy, then you up the ante by holding them in your hands, on top of a skyscraper, KING KONG STYLE!” He was panting, he hadn’t realized how worked up he was getting…

“YES!” Maisie shouted, standing up, “the world will TREMBLE!” She leapt at him, and before he could react her arms were around him, and they were kissing.

They parted suddenly, panting, “I’m sorry,” Maisie said, her cheeks flushed, “I’ve just… never gotten to talk villain stuff with someone before.”

“Don’t be,” Sam said quietly.

Maisie bit her lip, then stood in front of the couch, “Get up,” she ordered with a grin. Nervously he stood, looking down at her. Keeping eye contact with him, she reached behind her back and unlaced something. Pulling at the skintight spandex she pulled it off, stepping out of it and revealing her underwear.

“You like big girls?” she asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“I uh…” he gulped. “Yeah, they’ve been in my fantasies a lot lately.”

“How big?” She breathed; her eyes wide. Suddenly she was rising, and keeping eye contact with her his chin slowly trailed up until she was the same height he was, just a hair under six feet.

“Bigger,” he said in a low voice, trying to keep his mouth from hanging open.

“A tall girl?” Maisie asked, increasing her height. He marveled as she brought herself a few inches taller than him, savoring the sudden change in perspectives as he was now looking up at her slightly. “I guess it’s not impossible that you’d see someone like this on the street,” she mused. She grew again, this time holding herself at seven feet tall. Now she truly towered over him, and she reached down to grip his hands, letting him feel her massive fingers against his own. “How about WNBA tall?”

“Taller,” he rasped, looking up at the goddess.

She smirked, then reached behind her back to undo her bra. Dangling it front of him she let him see how each cup was now the size of his head. Almost fearfully he looked at them, the massive globes of flesh were eye level, and she laughed and hugged him close, smothering him between them.

He felt the breasts growing larger, softer, around him. Soon his air was cut off and the world went dark. He felt his feet lift off the floor as she held him close, continuing to grow. He was pushed away from her again, and he gasped as he realized she was now almost touching the ceiling. Gently she lowered him back down to the floor

“There’s a gal in the Hero League around this height,” Maisie said, reaching down to slip her panties off, “The Amazon…” She held her panties in front of Sam, they were as wide as his shoulders. She laughed at his expression, “I’ll have to change those back later,” she said, “It’s kind of a pain to switch gears between growing and shrinking.”

“You’re amazing,” he said, looking up at the giantess.

“Impossible,” she corrected with a grin.

She reached for him and, gripping the fabric of his shirt from either side, ripped it clean off him. He started, blinking in surprise as she got down on her knees and repeated the action on his pants, letting the torn clothes litter the living room. Finally, she hooked her gigantic fingers on either side the waistband of his underwear, and, making eye contact with him again, pulled her fingers apart to snap them off him like she was breaking a rubber band.

Leaning back onto the floor, she bared herself for him. He was powerless to resist as a hand nearly the size of his torso cupped around his back and guided him down. Soon he was face to face with her womanhood, wet and glistening, almost large enough to slide his entire head into.

“Yes!” she shouted gleefully as he dove in. It was difficult, but he worked her clitoris and brought his hands up, trying to please the giantess as best he could. Judging from her moans it was working, and soon the entire front of his body was slick with her juices.

“All right little guy,” she breathed, “Time to take it home!”

He leaned up and thrust himself inside her, and was surprised when her giant hands wrapped around him, forcing him faster and faster. At first, he felt a bit pathetic. Dwarfed by this goddess there was no way his manhood could possibly be doing any good, but as she panted and picked up speed, forcing him against her, his insecurities were washed away by his own grunts and the feeling of his muscles spasming as he neared the end.

They came together and, as they screamed, he felt himself fall over onto her stomach. Panting he glanced up at those enormous breasts, large enough now that he’d have to use both arms just to squeeze one. Had she grown even bigger while they’d been having sex?

“Good work minion,” she breathed, slowly letting herself shrink back down. He noticed that she stopped right around his height, leaving her just a few inches over him. They hugged each other there on the floor for a moment, enjoying the afterglow.

“I think you’ve ruined me for normal size women,” he said, standing up.

Maisie giggled, “You could still be with a normal sized woman, we’d just have to make you a bit… smaller.” Seeing his fearful expression she laughed, “Oh come on, you’d love it.”

Sam had a broad grin as he walked into the office, the sun seemed brighter, the smell of the morning coffee stronger, was this love? He wasn’t sure, but it was something. It was like the first day of spring after a long winter.

“I know what that look means,” Richard said, playfully punching his shoulder, “So, you finally found someone? Is she special?”

“Yeah,” he joked, “You might say she’s a BIG deal to me,” he laughed at his own joke, maybe a little too long.

“Yeah,” Richard said uncomfortably, “Anyway, we might have some work later this afternoon, I heard on the morning news that Impossible Woman kidnapped a bunch of actors out in L.A.”

Sam and Maisie sat at the kitchen table, looking over a series of papers. In the weeks since she’d moved in it had become a regular thing for them to spend their evenings together. Usually he’d make dinner, and then she’d tell him about what she’d done that day, maybe bounce ideas off him or ask his opinion on her latest plan. He’d tell her about what was going on at the office, and they’d laugh and go watch something dumb on TV after dinner.

Tonight though, they were doing something a bit different.

“So the guards will patrol here, here, and here,” Sam said, pointing to a printout of the museum, “Ultra Woman’s average response time is about three minutes, so your window to smash the exhibit starts whenever you’re seen.”

“This is so exciting!” Maisie said, suiting up in her costume. “Once I destroy the old display, I’m sure they’ll order a new one, which will have me in it!” She frowned, looking at the museum layout again, “I don’t usually do this kind of stealthy stuff…”

“It’ll be fine,” Sam said reassuringly, “Look, I’ll park my car right outside this wall here, you grow big, step over the wall, then go back to normal, you’ll be able to walk right in the side door.”

“Are you sure you want to be my getaway driver?” Maisie asked, “I mean… your hands were pretty clean up until now.”

He shrugged, “I’ve been helping you plan capers for weeks.”

Truthfully, he was a bundle of nerves. This was crossing a line, legally, morally, he wasn’t just rooming with a supervillain, this was full blown henchman work. He glanced at Maisie’s grinning face, and returned her smile.

The last few weeks since she’d moved in had been some of the happiest of his life. She’d been bouncing ideas off him, and she’d had several successful heists, battles, and various showdowns with Ultra Woman and a bevy of other superheroes. It had added something to his life he hadn’t even realized was missing, and it seemed to be good for her too. Finally, he’d come to her with his own idea, fixing the museum issue once and for all. The lifestyle was becoming intoxicating, where Maisie went, he wanted to go.

“GO GO GO!” Maisie shouted, jumping in the car at her normal size as the Museum’s alarms sounded.

He hit the gas, joining the regular flow of traffic on a nearby side street. Looking up he saw a blue blur as Ultra Woman flew overhead.

“There she goes,” he said excitedly, “See? She’d never think to look for you getting away in a normal car!”

“Ha!” She shouted, “I’m never going to be foiled by that do-gooder ever again!” She turned to him, “This is a new era Sam, the era of Impossible Woman!”

They’d ordered pizza to celebrate, and while he loved Maisie’s costume she’d changed into her pajamas while the two of them watched the coverage on the news.

“It would seem that Impossible Woman has done the impossible,” the news caster said, “She has completely destroyed the museum’s exhibit to Ultra Woman’s greatest villains, and has even evaded the blue bombshell herself.”

“Your'e goddamn right I did!” Maisie shouted around a mouthful of pizza, “The next time they open that exhibit I’m going to be in it!” She leaned over on the couch and hugged him, “Hey, enough business, let’s put on a movie or something!”

They ended up watching a horror flick together, and Sam found it amusing that the superpowered villainess apparently went to pieces during scary movies. Increasingly she snuggled against him, and as he put an arm around her it was easy to forget that she was the towering criminal who had been on the news just hours before.

As the credits rolled she shuddered, “Sam… this house isn’t haunted, right?”

He tried not to laugh, “No Maisie, I’m pretty sure it isn’t. Also, if that monster shows up you could just make yourself huge.”

“You can’t step on ghosts!” she snapped. “And besides, I can’t stay huge forever, they’ll just wait and get me when I’m normal!” She peered around at the darkened room.

“Seriously Maisie,” he said, letting a smile crack, “there is no way this house could be haunted, it was built in like 1980 and nobody ever died here.”

“It could be cursed ground,” she muttered.

Just then the wind blew, and the house creaked loudly. Maisie yelped and snuggled as close to him as she could.

“Y-You’re staying in bed with me!” She declared.

“What?” he asked, “Maisie I-“

“Silence minion!” she squealed. She stood up, and a moment later was as tall as the room would allow. She bent down and picked him up easily in a bridal carry, and caused the stairs to creak from their weight as she plodded up to her room.

She tossed him on the bed, causing the wood to buckle and creak as she climbed under the covers. As she snuggled him close, he felt almost like a teddy bear. As he was pulled against her he felt warm, safe… and he realized she did too.

“Goodnight Sam,” she whispered sweetly.

Sam blinked slowly, there was a bright light overhead… REALLY bright, where was this? He looked around and realized he was manacled, spread eagle, on a large slab. Looking around he saw a large pulsating tesla coil, as well as several consoles beeping with activity. A small chemistry lab held a bubbling Bunsen burner, cooking up an unknown green mixture. This was the basement lab, but why was he here?

“Hi Sam!” Maisie said eagerly. She was wearing a labcoat and normal glasses today, along with a pair of black rubber gloves.

“Uh, Hi Maisie,” he said nervously. Looking down he realized he was just in his underwear, had he slept that soundly that she’d been able to do all this without waking him? “I didn’t know you were into bondage,” he joked.

“Not usually,” she said sweetly, walking over to a table nearby.

He gulped, trying to see what she was preparing, “Could you maybe let me out then?”

“No Sam,” she said with a sigh, “I’ve realized that we have something special together, but I was worried that a normal man like you could never love a supervillain like me…” She brightened, “but then I realized, you’re almost a supervillain already!”

“That’s not true!” he protested.

“Isn’t it though Sam?” She asked, stroking his cheek with a rubber glove, “You’ve been telling lame jokes, you’ve been helping me plan crimes.” She thought a moment, “By the way, the developers on that lot next to us called, they want to force you to join their HOA.”

“What!?” He snarled, “This won’t stand, I’ll get my revenge… I’ll show them all, SHOW THEM ALL!”

“See!” She giggled.

His face went pale, “Oh god,” he muttered.

She leaned up and kissed his cheek, “You’ve got villain down,” she whispered, “But we need to add a bit of super…”

She stepped away and revealed a hypodermic needle with a swirling violet chemical inside it. He stared at it in awe, it twisted, and whirled, almost hypnotic.

“A lot of supervillains have similar origin stories,” she said quietly, holding the needle in front of her face, eyeing her reflection in it. “A common theme is lab accidents, experiments gone wrong… a lot of time it’s someone trying to steal your work. That’s what happened with me, my old partner thought he could just off me and take all the research for himself.” She sighed, pulling her gaze away, “I don’t know what it’s like for the heroes, but for us? Sharing the source of your power is about the hardest thing you can do, whether it’s a robotic battlesuit, ancient magic, or…” she glanced at the needle one last time, “An experimental cancer treatment.”

“Maisie,” he said, “If you don’t want to-“

“I DO want to!” Maisie said eagerly, “I thought about jabbing you with this a hundred different ways, hell I thought about slipping it into your food.” She laughed, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, “I would tell you it was a freak accident, that you were just a mutant, maybe tell you it was just a side effect of being around me.” She sighed, “I figured I’d just make that decision, because what Impossible Woman wants, Impossible Woman gets, and I wanted to be sure you’d always be there for me.”

“So why didn’t you?” He asked.

“I didn’t want to… I didn’t want to STEAL you,” she muttered finally, “if that makes sense.”

“I think I get it,” he said slowly, “So… what’s all this about then?” he gestured at the manacles holding him in place.

“I’m giving you the choice Sam,” she said, meeting his gaze again, “Say the word, and I’ll inject you with the same formula that turned me from Maisie Grand into the Impossible Woman.”

His eyes went wide, superpowers? Him!?

“Who would say no to that?” He breathed, struggling to contain his excitement.

She gave a small, sad smile, “There’s a trade off,” she said, “Once you go into this world, you don’t go back. Your life will be all about goofy heists, battles with superheroes, aliens, interdimensional beings, arm wrestling gorillas on the moon!” She paused, “But there won’t be any corporate lunches, promotions, white picket fences…”

“Will you be there?” He asked.

“Always,” she said, blinking away a tear.

“Then the answer is yes.”

Maisie was crying in full now, struggling to form a smile as she brought the needle up. There was a small pinch against his neck, then pressure as she thumbed it down. Sam lay back and watched as purple colors swirled over his vision, taking him far away.

The world swirled back into focus, the purple clouding the edges of his vision just slightly. He was still laying on the steel table, but his hands were no longer shackled. He groaned and sat up. He felt lightheaded, tingly…

“Hey there sleepyhead!” a voice boomed.

He glanced up at saw Maisie’s titanic form grinning down at him. He gasped, he knew she could grow that big, but he’d never seen it in person. She was a titaness, filling his entire sky. He stood up and met her smile, wondering if he’d be able to get that big.

“Maisie!” He shouted joyfully, “Shrink down and talk to me a bit!”

“Uhhhh…” she said nervously, “So about that, I’m actually at my normal size. It’s you that’s really small.”

He blinked, and then looked around. With a gasp he realized that they were still in the basement. The beeping consoles, just a few dozen feet away before, were now monoliths in the distance. His heart pounded, he had to be only an inch or two tall!

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?” He shouted.

“Okay, first of all, calm down,” she said, “I checked my notes, and this isn’t a bad thing at all.” Every time she spoke her voice echoed across the open plain of the examination table. “The formula is going to have a different effect on a male subject, an opposite effect actually.”

“I’m shrunk,” he said numbly, “You shrank me!”

“Again,” she said firmly, “Calm down, this is just like when I became Impossible Woman, you won’t be able to change your size for a little bit, but then you’ll be able to do it at will.”

Her gloved hand reached for him, and he fought the urge to run as fingers the size of semi-trucks slowly pinched him up. The world blurred as he was brought up to her face.

“Wow,” she said with a smile, “It’s so weird holding someone like this when I’m not stomping around a city…” She bit her lip, “Hey Sam, there’s something I’ve always wanted to do with a tiny guy, but every time I’ve had one, I’ve kind of been… out in public.”

His eyes went wide, he had a feeling he knew exactly what it would be. He thought it over, he was still struggling with the scale of everything, but if Maisie had become tougher from that serum, surely he would be too, right? Either way he trusted her.

“Do it!” he said with a grin.

She smirked, and let her labcoat fall to the floor behind her, leaving her in just a black shirt and pants. She kept him pinched between her fingers as she used her free hand to undo the button on her jeans, sliding them down as she giggled at him. As they came off she brought him close, and a gigantic tongue slowly reached out and traced up his entire body, covering him in her sticky saliva.

“Mmmm…” she said, reaching to pull her panties down next, “You taste GOOD little guy!”

She kicked her panties away, revealing trimmed hair around an entrance that he was very familiar with. Admittedly though, the biggest he’d ever seen it was nowhere near how big it was now. It was visibly wet, and even from here he could smell her arousal.

“Okay Sam,” She said in a husky voice, “Take a deep breath.”

He felt the inertia as he was accelerated towards the waiting opening, and his body was instantly covered in the musky sweet-smelling slime as the giant fingers forced him in. The world went dark as he felt the massive appendages abandon him here.

At first he worried about needing to breath, but then he realized he really didn’t need to. It was as though he was holding his breath, but still had that fresh feeling of having just taken one, and it showed no sign of going away. He chalked it up to a side effect of the serum, and tried to decide on his next move.

He heard her heartbeat above him, and a long loud moan interrupted it as Maisie began to touch herself. He decided he’d go up, and every time he moved the walls around him spasmed and wettened. He grinned and kept going, not sure if he’d make it to the end of this particular tunnel.

“Oh yeah,” Maisie breathed, letting herself fall onto the examination table, “Come on Sam! All the way!”

He felt his world shift slightly as she changed positions. The flesh around him was squeezing so tight now that it was hard to tell which way was down, up, in, out, but he pressed on in the direction he’d been crawling. The world shook and that ever present heartbeat picked up.

“Just a little more!” Maisie shouted, increasing the speed at which she was rubbing her clit.

The dripping wetness all around him became a flood, and he struggled to hold on against the slick sides of her canal as she came. He shouted in panic as he lost his grip, and the gigantic muscles on all sides of him threw him back and forth like a storm at sea. Finally the deluge seemed to calm, he blinked and realized there was the slightest bit of light near his feet, he was back near the entrance.

Those same black gloved fingers from earlier reached in. They fished around for him gently, before pinching around his body and pulling him out. He opened his mouth and exhaled taking a deep breath, though he still hadn’t really needed it.

He was brought up to her blissful face, “That was everything I knew it would be,” she said quietly. With her other hand she reached to a desk by the exam table, grabbing a paper town and gently dabbing him off with it. When she was satisfied, she gave him a kiss, then sat up.

“Okay,” She said quietly, setting him back down on the exam table, “Now, let’s see about figuring out your powers. Focus, you’ll feel something like a sleeping foot, but like, in your head.”

He breathed out slowly, clearing his thoughts and searching for… There it was! With a gasp he realized the ceiling above him, Maisie’s face, they were getting closer!

“I’m doing it!” he shouted, “I’m-“ he felt tired suddenly, and the growth stopped. His head went dizzy and he toppled forward.

“Easy there tiger!” Maisie shouted, catching him before he could hit the floor. He blinked and realized he was in her arms, not her hands. He’d managed to grow to around four feet tall, he looked up at the now Amazonian Maisie in confusion.

“Size changing is a lot like a muscle,” Maisie explained, “you’ve got to work it to get good at it.” She smiled, “consider that your first step, stick with me and you’ll learn to run!”

“I’ve got to admit,” he said as she cradled him in her arms, “I was kind of hoping for growth powers.”

Maisie shrugged, “I think you’re underestimating how useful shrinking is going to be, it’ll compliment me well I think. Plus, you’ll probably get the fast healing, the durability, all that good stuff.”

She slowly started to carry him up the stairs, holding his small form against her as she hummed happily to herself. Walking through the living room she gently placed him on the couch, then reached for a blanket and threw it over him.

“Just rest up,” she said, “that serum and the size changing probably took a lot out of you.”

“Okay,” he said, grabbing one of the couch’s now much bigger throw pillows, “When do you think I’ll be able to grow all the way back to normal?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know, it took me a full day of being huge before I figured out how to shrink back down, but you seem to be doing better at being small than I did being big. Give it another hour or so before you try, okay? I don’t want you to pass out or something.”

She leaned down to tuck him in, planting a kiss on his forehead. She handed him the TV remote and went into the kitchen. A moment later she returned with a soda and a small bag of crackers, handing them down to him. Seemingly satisfied that he was well taken care of, she headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I’ve got to pick up something!” she said with a smile, “Seriously, just rest up, okay?”

Sam did his best, resisting the urge to start changing size as soon as she was out the door. The feeling was very apparent within him now, his shrinking ability felt like a limb he’d only just remembered he had, like it had always been there.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, he glanced at it, then decided not to answer. Maisie was right, shrinking and growing HAD taken a lot out of him. The knock came again, and he ignored it.

There was a BOOM as the door flew off it’s hinges. Sam shouted in panic, and shielded his face. When the dust cleared, he gaped in awe at the buxom blue clothed beauty, Ultra Woman. The Blonde Bombshell walked into the house like she owned the place, with her red cape fluttering behind her she glanced around. Finally, her gaze landed on him, feeling a bit exposed he clutched the blanket tightly.

“So, Sam right?” she said with a grin.

“Y-Yeah,” he said, “Uhh… Maisie’s not… she left the country already, you’ll never catch her.”

“Loyalty,” she said, “Cute.” There was a quick flash of blue and then she was standing in front of him, a bottle of bourbon in one hand, and a pair of glasses in the other. Placing them both on the table she slowly poured them each a drink. “I’m actually here to speak to you,” she said, handing him one of the glasses.

“Okay,” he said nervously, taking the glass. He had to hold it in both hands, he took a sip and grimaced, he’d never been a fan of hard liquors, and he was pretty sure it wasn’t a good idea to have too much at this size anyway. For her part Ultra Woman took a long gulp of hers.

“I’m guessing you weren’t always four feet tall?” She asked with a smirk.

“No,” he said, placing his glass back on the table.

“Hmmm…” Ultra Woman mused, “I’m guessing she already did something to you then? Gave you a shot, bathed you in the chemicals, whatever?”

He was silent, refusing to say anything else to her. He didn’t want to incriminate himself, or Maisie… did the right to remain silent apply to superheroes?

“You’re Maisie’s new partner in crime,” Ultra Woman said finally. Seeing his start she laughed, “It’s been obvious that she’s been working with someone for a while. You fight people as often as I do, you start to get to know them. Maisie would have never done half the things she’s done over the past few months unless someone was pushing her towards it.”

“Maybe she’s better than you think,” he said, a bit of an edge to his voice, “maybe she’s just-“

“Cut the crap,” Ultra Woman snapped, “that super nice girl scout routine I do for the cameras? That’s not flying here. Maisie is a genius, but she’s also a goofy idiot. There’s been too much planning out of her lately, and I’m thinking it’s really out of you.”

“So what then?” he asked, “you fly me to jail?”

She rolled her eyes, “Jails never hold supervillains for very long. No, I’m here to give you the talk, lay down some rules.”

Seeing his expression she smiled and took another sip of bourbon, “First off, we need to talk about you and me. Play nice with me, play nice with others, and I play nice with you. No plans that get people hurt, no killing cops so you can make your getaway. A bit of mayhem, destruction? All fair game. You start making orphans? Schedule two funerals.” She slammed her glass on the endtable, her eyes glowed red suddenly, “Clear?”

“Crystal,” he gulped.

“The second is Maisie,” her face softened, “Impossible Woman.” She sighed, “She’s a very special girl, and I just want to make sure you know not to hurt her.”

This wasn’t the talk he’d expected, “Uh… I could never do that, I think I love her.”

“Good,” Ultra Woman said, pouring herself another finger of whiskey, “I was worried… The last thing I need is her falling in with a bad crowd.” She laughed, “Well, a worse crowd. That girl’s potential for harm is high if she ever goes down that path… I’d have to…” She blinked and cleared her throat, “Maisie is kind of a friend, well, frenemy I guess. I just don’t want to see anything bad happen to her, she’s one of my favorite villains.” She sighed and looked up at the ceiling, “I cannot BELIEVE they didn’t put her in that stupid museum exhibit… I almost didn’t come to stop her when she started wrecking it the first time.”

“You have no idea how happy it would make her to hear that,” Sam laughed.

“Enough about her,” Ultra Woman said, “You’re the bad new villain on the block, come on, show me the superpowers.”

He glanced down at the blanket, “I’m uh, naked under this,” he said with a blush.

“Oh, I already saw everything,” she said dismissively, “X-Ray vision.”

He blinked, then with a sigh stood up, only just coming up to the middle of her boobs. Focusing on his shrinking he watched as the Blue Bombshell seemed to stretch away from him. Her face lit up with excitement, and she bent over as he dwindled smaller, the simple living room turning into a vast landscape.

“Wow!” she said, “So she grows, and you shrink?” She laughed, “Oh this is just… you have no idea how much this tickles me pink.” She bent down to pick him up, he didn’t bother running, he figured the woman had super speed and it didn’t seem like she wanted to hurt him. Gently he was pinched between her fingers and brought up to her massive blue eyes.

“You’re squishy,” she said, squeezing his ribs. There was a bit of pressure, but no real pain. With a gasp he realized she was squeezing him so hard that she could almost touch her fingers together through him. “That’s probably going to come in handy being that size,” she said. Suddenly her face lit up, “Hey, could I step on you?”

“Uhh… I don’t know about-“

“Oh come on,” she said, “I’m totally going to do it one of these days anyways, it’s only fair given how many times Maisie stepped on me during our battles.”

“Fine,” he muttered, the enthusiasm was contagious.

Gently she placed him back on the ground. He braced himself as the giant red boot hovered over him. Slowly, deliberately, she brought it down. He felt his body compress, then stretch along the floor like gum.

“And this is when I would say I’ve stomped out evil,” she mused, gently twisting her foot, smearing him slightly across the floor. She lifted up the boot to admire her work, but it wasn’t even ten seconds before he had pulled himself back together.

“That last part kind of stung,” he breathed, standing back up.

She shrugged, “Well, supervillainy is a contact sport kid. You might want to get used to it.”

He focused and slowly began to grow again. Slowly he passed her knees, her waist, her breasts, and finally he breathed out a sigh of relief as he was at his normal height. He collapsed backwards on the couch and reached for the blanket again, suddenly weak.

“Impressive!” Ultra Woman said, “You are going to do great.” She looked up suddenly and smiled, “Maisie’s on her way back, that silly car of hers has a very specific sound to it…” She frowned, “Sounds like the cops are on her though. Sorry, but you guys are probably going to have to leave this hideout.”

She walked towards the door, then turned around and gave him one last smile, “Take care of Impossible Woman, alright? And remember, try to have fun with this whole thing!” With that there was a blur and a gust of wind, and she was gone.

Not a moment later Maisie’s car pulled into the driveway. She ran up to the destroyed door, not seeming to notice it as sirens rang out in the distance. He noticed that she was in costume, and seemed a bit panicked.

“Oh good, you’re back to normal!” She said eagerly. She tossed him an outfit, “I just got this for you!”

He looked down at the outfit and took it in. It was a dark red suit, with a few yellow stripes up the side. A yellow visor, similar to the one Maisie wore, was attached to the hood. This was it then, he realized, there really was no going back.

“Suit up Impossible Boy!” She said with a grin.

“Impossible BOY?” he asked with a laugh as he started stepping into the costume.

“Hey, they called me Impossible Girl for the first year I was active, you’ve got to EARN Impossible Man,” Maisie said.

“Well let’s get started,” he said. “Got any plans?”

“We should hijack a container ship full of next gen consoles,” Maisie said without so much as a blink, “then we demand to be added as DLC characters in fighting games or we sink it.”

He snapped his fingers, “I love it!” he said with a grin as the sirens drew closer. He leapt at her, and her eyes widened in surprise as he shrank in midair. Reflexively she caught him, snatching him into her red gloved hand.

“That was sweet!” She said, running out the door, her partner in crime in hand, “You’re already getting the hang of your powers! Now hold on!” She grew with each step, her hand growing around him. He let himself grow with her, matching their sizes until she was standing two hundred feet over the house. He glanced at the sirens approaching in the distance.

“Do you remember what I said when we first met?” She asked.

“About how if cops ever came to the house, you’d stomp it?” he replied. He looked down to see her massive boot lift over the house, it came down with a crash, and she cackled madly as she brought her boot up and down again and again, savoring the splinter of wood and the burst pipes spraying into the air.

“Whew,” she said, “that is cathartic, now let’s get out of here before those cops show up!” She reached down to grab her car off the driveway, and then began walking, her giant footsteps easily outpacing the approaching law enforcement.

It didn’t take her long to cross into the open farmland across from the housing developments, and as she reached a rural county road she slowly shrank back down, placing her partner and the car on the gravelly dirt.

“Okay,” she said, “get tiny for me.”

He glanced at her curiously, but did as she asked, letting the dirt road expand and become a boulder filled expanse around him. The now titanic Maisie leaned down to pick him up and, holding him in one hand, pulled her suit away from her neck.

“You’re riding to my safehouse in first class,” she said with a wink. She dropped him in, and he quickly tumbled down past her neck and into her cleavage. Letting the spandex snap shut Maisie whistled a tune as she got behind the wheel of the Impossible Mobile.

Sam felt g-forces press him against Maisie’s massive breasts as she gunned the engine. He grinned and began shrinking himself further, diving down into the warm soft depths. He settled in and inhaled the scent of her mixed sweat and remaining soap from her shower that morning. With a sigh he let himself doze off, wherever they were going, he was glad to be going there.

Chapter End Notes:

Not sure if I want to make this a running serial like my other longer stories or just leave it as a one shot. Thoughts on that welcome, hope you enjoyed it!