- Text Size +

Diminishing Returns: Part 1

    Alan worked the card reader at the side of the security gate, lifting the lanyard to the detector, which buzzed green once appeased with his access pass. 'Jr. Scientist', it read, much to his chagrin; Alan thought back to graduation day when he was taken a lot more seriously. “Child prodigy!” they called him, “Youngest PhD graduate in the history of academia! Where will this rising star go?”

     Right up until he suggested the key to ending the global food crisis lie in molecular size altering technology at a conference. The sudden, awkward silence across the hall at his declaration that he could produce, in layman's terms, a 'size ray' that would end world hunger by enlarging the average potato into something the size of a livestock animal to feed the masses was burnt into his mind. The academic backlash had been almost instantaneous; grants stripped away, offers rescinded, calls not being returned, and worst of all, his fellow scientific peers distancing themselves from him in a professional capacity. Overnight, he'd gone from a young scientific starlet at the tender age of 24, to just another fringe outcast within the academic community. Just some 'kid' in over his head...

    Of course, he could hardly pretend to himself that his work

     And now here he was... 'Jr. Researcher' for the infamous business icon, Mr. Andrew Cox; “The man with more money than God”, the papers called him. While Alan had some measure of respect for Mr. Cox, the same could not be said for his son, Zach.

     Zach was every part the stereotype of what people would assume about the young son of one of the richest men on earth. Arrogant, care free, and utterly spoiled. Alan had been offered the job at the Cox Institution, ostensibly as a researcher, but he quickly realized his real role. He would be given a meager amount of funding and no supervision, free to operate as he pleased within the confines of the facility, but he was shunted to the side by his peers, for they knew what his real job was before he did...

    Alan angrily thought back to how it all started...

~ ~ ~

     “Oh, you must be Zach's new babysitter right?” said the security guard, issuing him his access card as he came to the checkpoint for his first day.

     “What? No, I'm a scientis-” Alan began to explain, sure that there must be some form of miscommunication.

     “Oh I know who you are Mr. Webster; you're that 'big potato' guy, right? The research team had a pretty good laugh about that when they heard you were coming to the Cox Institution. I guess nobody's told you yet; see your card here, where it says 'Jr. Scientist'? They aren't calling you that because you're 24 years old.”

     “Look, Mr...” Alan paused as he scrutinized the name tag on the crisp uniform of the man before him.

     “*Officer* Kowalski.” The man corrected him sharply, clearly unimpressed by Alan's credentials. “It's Polish. And don't worry Mr. Webster, you're going to see a lot of me here at the checkpoint, we're going to become well acquainted. Since we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot, I'll give you a little insight. The running gag around here at the Institution is that Mr. Cox has a constant need for 'Jr. Scientists' like yourself to tutor his son, Zach. Whatever they told you at your job interview, you can forget it. Your role here is to try and keep a leash on that animal, and I assure you, you won't be the first to have tried, and you're not likely to be the last either.”

     “What..? No, that can't be correct, I'm supposed to receive funding and a section of the facility for my work; I'm not here as a tutor...” Alan replied, nervously adjusting his tie.

     “Oh, is that the arrangement this time? Yeah, they always give you guys some measure of autonomy; as long as you keep Zach under control and his grades high enough to satisfy Mr. Cox, nobody cares what you spend the money and time on. Hard to blame the kid though, if I were still his age with a girl like that on my arm, I'd have a hard time behaving myself too. Oh, speak of the devil...”

    Kowalski gestured for Alan to get out of the way of the egress gate as he waved towards the oncoming vehicle. The cherry red, gloss finish of the Lamborghini caught the sunlight in spectacular fashion as the opulent sports car weaved itself into the parking lot.

    “Now play nice with the boss and let me handle the introductions.” said Kowalski, brushing off the front of his uniform in search of some imperceptible dust on the flawlessly maintained blue coat. Alan watched his reflection in the jet black tint of the windshield, almost entranced, before he realized the car was speeding towards them. Alan instinctively stepped backwards to try and get out of the way, but tripped and fell back as the vehicle stopped on a dime right in front of him and Kowalski. The officer sighed as Alan quickly clambered to his feet, covered in fresh grime from the asphalt.

    “Good morning young sir, I hope your drive in today was pleasant.” said Kowalski in a very professional tone as the driver side door lifted up and away, and an impeccably well dressed young man exited the vehicle. Alan, very clearly annoyed at the carelessness by which Zach had nearly driven into them, began to make his way around the back of the vehicle to confront the young driver, but as he rounded the bend, one ice cold glare from Kowalski told him very firmly that he would hold his tongue if he knew what was best for him, and so he froze in place, and composed himself.

    “Kowalski, father paying you well enough I hope? Of course he is... And oh, this must be the new babysitter I assume?” said the young man, turning around to observe the shorter Alan. Alan swallowed, mustering his meager courage, ignoring the glaring Kowalski to speak his mind.

    “No, I'm a scientist. This must be some kind of mistake, I'm supposed to be in charge of a department, not tutoring anyone's son-”

    “OH! Wait! I know this one! You're the big potato guy!” Zach laughed, completely ignoring whatever Alan had been saying, looming over him as he did so. He stood almost a full head taller than the embarrassed Alan. “Less a big potato and more a small fry, eh Kowalski?”

    Alan tried to believe Kowalski had only laughed as much as he had because Zach was the son of the man who signed his paycheck; that it was only good acting on his part and not genuine amusement at Alan's belittling. Deep down he knew he was wrong.

    “Now listen up, Small Fry,” said Zach, walking towards Alan, who, in response, began to retreat backwards to avoid his personal space. “I don't care what they told you you were here for. And I don't care for my father's pathetic attempts to keep me in line. Here's the arrangement. Father only cares that my grades stay high enough to qualify for Honors. That's your job here. I couldn't possibly care any less about my grades, or you. This means that if you want to keep your job, you'll stay out of my way, and you'll write every assignment they give me. Because if you don't, I won't, and you'll be replaced by the end of the week. Have I made myself clear?”

    Alan opened his mouth in incredulity at this demeaning ultimatum, and sharply inhaled to begin a retort. “H-”

    “I don't care if you understand, Small Fry. You'll either do it, and do it quietly, or you won't and someone else will be sponging up my father's pocket change for the privilege. Now, Merrissa?” Zach said, shoving Alan backwards away from the car. Alan felt the air empty out of his lungs at the forceful shove to his chest as he tumbled backwards. For the second time in the last 5 minutes, Alan was once again in the dirt of the parking lot. Alan sat up, cursing under his breath as he tried to dust himself off, pausing only as Zach lifted the passenger side door of the Lamborghini.

    Alan gasped, biting his tongue to keep it from being audible. The girl who reached out to take Zach's hand was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. She was definitely South East Asian, but Alan's untrained eye couldn't discern beyond that. Her gently tanned skin looked perfectly bronzed in the sunlight as she began to climb out of the seat, the elbow length locks of her wavy, flowing hair cascading down, the light filtering through revealing the brown highlights of the otherwise raven black display, but most striking of all, was her bust.

    Alan admittedly had an attraction to busty women, but the young woman standing from the car was something else; the heft and gentle jiggle as her tits rolled about in her dress left no question that they were natural, but particularly on her slim frame they were exceptionally large; Alan figured they must be at least an H cup. Alan's blood ran cold as his eyes at last broke free from her entrancing canyon and realized she had been watching with a cold and unfriendly, but quite amused smirk at him the entire time he'd been oogling the tanned expanse of her chest.

    “I think the new babysitter is planning to keep an eye on more than just your grade point average, babe...” Merrissa said, shamelessly lifting up an errant (and no doubt hanging on for dear life) bra strap, letting it snap back against her shoulder into a more comfortable position, sending her assets into another hypnotic dance as they heaved in response. Knowing the jig was up, Alan still had to summon all his willpower to not look again and use only his peripheral vision, and Merrissa knew it, the way she eyed him up. Like a snake with cornered prey.

    “He can look all he likes, looking is as close as he'll ever come to a girl like you, or maybe a girl at all. Tell me Small Fry, ever had a girlfriend who's name didn't end with .jpg?” said Zach, smirking at Merrissa, who stifled a laugh in response.

    “I... yes as a matter of fact... I... Jenny. Her name is Jenny.” said Alan, envisioning his girlfriend even as he struggled to think of anything but Merrissa’s intoxicating figure. Alan... liked her... but the woman before him had casually seen to make him re-evaluate his definition of what a woman was. Jenny could hardly compare; the Chinese international student was bright, and a fan of his published works on the subject of molecular scaling, but comparing her figure to Merrissa’s in his mind was taking 'mountains and mole hills' in a completely different direction.

    “Oh, well, score one for the little guy afterall...” said Zach, once again indifferent to Alan as he casually threw his set of keys to Officer Kowalski. “Take her for a spin around the block if you like before you put her in my spot Kowalski, just mind the paint, it cost more than your salary to get it in Cherry Gloss.”

    “You're the boss,” said Kowalski with a grin, clearly quite satisfied with however much the aforementioned salary paid him to take the rich boy's toy out for a test drive.

    “I'd get small fry here to do it, but I'm worried he'll spend more time trying to sniff Merrissa’s seat than keeping an eye on the road.” said Zach, taking Merrissa’s hand as they made way to the front door of the Institute. Alan watched as the staff within quickly lined up to open the door for the couple, flanking them as they approached the elevator and asking if they needed anything, only to be ignored as they entered the elevator, sealing behind them with a click.

    “Welcome to the Cox Institute, Mr. Webster...” laughed Kowalski, averting his eyes from the defeated Alan to appreciate the fine Italian engineering and sleek design of the brilliantly colored Lamborghini he had been entrusted with. “You better go on in and get yourself situated Mr. Webster, I'm sure the young sir's homework will keep you more than occupied trying to catch up...”

~ ~ ~

    Now, some months later, Alan at last understood the gravity of his relationship with the Cox Institution. He hadn't been hired because anyone actually believed in his work on molecular scaling theory, but only because Mr. Cox wanted a PhD to tutor his son, and most people with a PhD had better things to do than dedicate the time. Alan was given the smallest lab in the facility, and no one could be bothered to supervise 'small fry'; the damndable nickname that Zach had given him on his first day had stuck after someone (Alan presumed Kowalski,) had told the story his first encounter with the boss's son to the rest of staff.

    In effect, Alan was free to spend the day with Jenny in the lab, working on his theory. As long as they stayed within a reasonable budget, and Alan kept on top of the heavy flow of physic's work Zach saw fit to drop on his desk every day, they were effectively forgotten within the walls of the facility. It was the only reason he stayed. Alan knew he could no doubt wait out the storm of embarrassment surrounding his fiasco at the scientific conference, start over in another state, and work his way back up the ladder of academic standing... But it was only here at the Cox Institution that he'd be awarded the lack of oversight required to conduct his work on molecular scaling.

    “Jenny, take a reading on capacitor 6 please, I'm not seeing enough output on my end here and I think it might be the cobalt ratio of that problematic component soaking up the current again...” Alan said, frowning at the terminal of the mass spectrometer.

    “Of course babe. Just a second, aaaaand...” the petite and athletic woman said, squinting through her glasses at the diagnostic print out from capacitor 6. “I think you're right. It's reporting almost double the resistance than should be permitted within tolerance.”

    “Ugh...” Alan sighed, “Leave it there for now and I'll see if I can try to offset the ratio next time I make a pass on the power supply.”
    
    They were close to ironing out the bugs on the prototype molecular scaler, he knew, but every problem they solved with the device revealed two additional issues. It was exhausting work, but Alan was determined to see it through. The incredulous look of despair on the faces of his peers, shocked that they had ever doubted him... But Alan now had a new motivation that was just as important to him.

    Ever since his brush with Merrissa, Alan had secretly envisioned using his device... On Jenny. He wanted to make her bigger than Merrissa had ever been... A bigger bust even than the woman who's visage had nearly made him choke on his words. He wanted to stroll up to the podium at next year's conference, an enlarged and enhanced Jenny hanging off his arm, which was in real peril of being lost within her cleavage, as he casually announced that he'd not only solved world hunger, but made plastic surgery obsolete. Jenny would giggle, sending her incredible assets into a jiggle even deeper than Merrissa’s had been that day...

    But he wouldn't stop there. No, he wouldn't be satisfied just showing up his former peers...

    “Let's give them a live demonstration of my theory in practice, hmm Jenny?”

    “Of course babe...” she would say, sauntering over to the device, her newly enhanced but still all natural ass rocking and heaving with each step...

    “As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, the device is good for more than just making a big potato...” Alan would laugh, gesturing to the voluptuous woman as Jenny calibrated the settings to enact their plan. With a nod to confirm it was show time, Jenny would hurry back over to Alan as they took prime position in the shadow of the molecular scaler.

    “It's also good for making people really... really big.”

    The puzzled conference goers, all brilliant in their own fields and yet staring dumbly at the couple, unsure of what would come next, would watch in awe as the machine powered up with a high pitched whine, until Jenny and Alan would begin to laugh. With a flash of blinding white light, they would feel the warm, penetrating sensation of the exotic energies coursing through their bodies as they began to grow.

    Those with the most common sense might pick up on the looming threat of their disgruntled former peer and his buxom girlfriend expanding before their very eyes, and try to run. It wouldn't help them. Alan and Jenny would continue to laugh, ripping out of their clothes as they, and the panic in the conference hall continued to swell. Jenny would grab his growing cock, stroking him in anticipation as they passed 10, 15, 20 feet tall... Hunching over as they reached the ceiling of the auditorium but still growing, exponentially faster and faster... 30 feet... 50 feet... Looming over the screaming crowd as he slammed a fist down, blocking the main exit as Jenny expertly planted her ever thicker ass down, fittingly at the rear fire escape.

    “None of you are getting out of here alive.” Alan would say matter of factly, his booming voice drowning out the screams. “We're going to grow, and fuck, and crush every last one of you...”

    Jenny would giggle, pressing her arms up against the roof of the structure and pushing it up and away from them as they kept growing... Al-

    Click!

    Alan was suddenly torn away from his daydream as the security doors to the lab opened. He knew he should be used to it by now, but Alan resented the fact that Zach's master pass let him enter any section of the facility at his leisure. Worse, Zach had apparently decided Alan's small lab was his own private lounge when he and Merrissa needed some 'privacy'. The young couple apparently considered Alan and Jenny irrelevant enough to not count as prying eyes. Alan had, more than once, considered trying to take a peek through the crack in the door at Merrissa’s incredible rack as he heard her muffled screams of pleasure through the wall of the storage room they'd fuck in, but he lived in constant fear of the consequences of being caught.

    “It's your favorite time of the day again Small Fry, the time when you justify my father's money and this lab space.” Sang Zach, walking into the lab with a stack of heavy texts and Merrissa hanging off his arm. Alan immediately moved out of habit to try and intercept Zach, though he dared not try to snatch the books out of his arms.

    “Zach, I'll see to your assignments soon but please, can you just leave them on my desk instead of-”

    Zach ignored Alan speaking, as he was so prone to doing. Jenny made way as Zach walked briskly towards the lab machinery, and carelessly dropped his college texts atop the nearest relatively flat surface; directly on top of the capacitor stack Jenny had been taking readings from. Alan winced at the sound of the impact, hoping the sensitive components weren't damaged. At the very least, this probably meant he'd be spending the rest of the week recalibrating the mechanisms, if not placing orders for new parts...

    “You'll have it done tonight, I won't tolerate that shrilling harpy of a physics professor hassling me again.” Zach said, the distaste at the thought of his teacher hanging like the smell of burnt paper in his tone. Merrissa pursed her lips and put on a pouty face as she proceeded to mock his annoyance, leaning into Zach's arm and stretching tight the fabric of her comically overwhelmed blue tank top. Alan could see Jenny blush at the display, and subconsciously cross her arms over her own outmatched chest in response.

    “Oh, sucky baby... That old hag has been teaching since the Great Depression. She's just hoping your father will notice your grades improving so she can retire this year with a nice fat tip.” laughed Merrissa, sending her chest into yet another one of those entrancing dances Alan was so fond of watching out of the corner of his eye, and that sent Jenny into cascadings feelings of inadequacy.

    “You little...” Zach said teasingly to Merrissa. It was telling that Merrissa felt no fear in making fun of Zach; certainly, she was the only one who could possibly get away with it. Clearly he admired her for it. “I'll give you a nice fat tip that will wipe that little smirk off your face...” he taunted back, draping a well toned arm over her shoulder and directing her to their favorite storage room in the lab.

    Merrissa grinned back in approval, allowing him to effortlessly lift her body up into one of his arms as he pushed open the flimsy door, acting as if the researcher couple were about as relevant as room decor. Alan and Jenny watched in silence as Zach slammed the door shut behind them, and they knew from experience that they had 2 minutes or less of relative quiet in the lab with which to discuss.

    “I hate that cow titted slut so much...” Jenny hissed under her breath as she turned her back to the door. Alan was quick to motion to keep her voice down. She responded by glaring back at him, this sad, defeated sack of a man, and continuing her angry whispers;

    “And you! I came here because I respected your work, your theories! Enough to become your girlfriend and co-worker! You're supposed to be the man in charge here, and you let... This! Happen in our lab! Whenever they feel like it!”

    Alan felt the sting of her words, hissing through her teeth as she quietly berated him. It was true, he hadn't felt like much of a man since he got himself mired in this situation. Her face softened when she saw just how deeply her words had cut, and moved to embrace him.

    “I... I know you only put up with it for the lab, and the funding. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It's not that simple, I know.” Jenny said, sinking her head into Alan's chest.

    “No. It's what I needed to hear. You're right, this is demeaning and we can't put up with this anymore. What's the worst that happens; we lose the funding? The lab? We're the talent here. The important stuff, the theory; Zach's father doesn't own that... and we're this close to a prototype molecular scaler. I'm... I'm going to tell Zach and Merrissa to get the hell out of the lab.” said Alan, his posture straightening with every word, thinking to himself about what he'd do to Zach with a working scaler...

    Jenny was shocked; she hadn't seen Alan this composed in some time, and his demeanor... She wondered about, but did not question whatever had gotten into him now. She grinned up at him, but grimaced when they heard the telltale sounds that Zach and Merrissa were well underway in the storage room.

    “Alan... Are you sure? I mean, I want them out but, I understand if we put our work first and just... Abide until we don't need them anymore...” she said, secretly hoping he wouldn't listen. Alan was too busy thinking about crushing Zach under his cock as he fucked Merrissa, the two of them splayed out against a mountain range, hundreds of feet tall, the moans he heard now through the door of the storage room happening in time with the thrusts he saw in his mind, her mounting moans echoing for miles as her city block sized tits rocked and jiggled for him...

    “No. This ends today. No matter how fast Zach moves, he won't be able to tattle to daddy fast enough to get us out of the lab before we enter the testing phase of the scaler. It'll take them at least 2 weeks to hash out the legalities... and if we work hard I know we can make the scaler work in half that time. I've had enough, Zach...” Alan said, feeling more sure now than he ever had before in his life. Startling Jenny, and himself, he shouted; “DO YOU HEAR ME IN THERE? I SAID I'VE HAD ENOUGH!”

    Jenny suddenly had second thoughts, and tried to pull Alan back by the arm as he began to cross the space of the lab towards the storage room. Evidently Zach had not heard, or at least not cared, as their empassioned sounds continued unabated. Alan continued, trying to maintain his momentum.

    “ZACH, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE, I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO S-...” Alan began, but stopped as he and Jenny heard a small **BANG**. They turned to look back at the prototype scaler, and the couple froze like deer in the headlights as they saw the problematic capacitor 6, ruptured and leaking fluid all over the power supply. It had evidently decided the impact of Zach's texts were the straw that broke the camel's back, the damage causing it to explode out the top like an overpressurized soda can. As the fluid seeped into the housing of the power supply, the nearby terminal began flashing blue, the white text flashing “CAPACITOR COMPROMISED: EMERGENCY CASCADE DISCHARGE.”

    “It's not going to..?” Jenny began to say, as the scaler suddenly whirred to life, all indicator lights of the device blasting red alert as the sudden discharge coursed through it. Alan had seen enough, and gripped Jenny by the arm and made a lunge to try get out of the way as a green flash shot out of the deflector array. Before he could finish his step, Alan and Jenny vanished into a puff of lab coats. Completely disoriented, Alan found himself in a world of white fabric, and completely naked. He almost fell over in shock, his head rapidly pivoting his gaze in search of some form of clarity. With a cold chill up his spine, Alan suddenly realized the truth; he and Jenny had been caught in the cascade discharge and... the device had worked. It had been Alan's dream to know his device, and theory, had worked... But just... Not like this. Anything but this, not when he'd been so close... Alan began to panic, and searched for Jenny. He realized Jenny must have fallen somewhere else when she was hit too, and began to wade through the fabric, shouting her name. Alan's crazed search was interrupted as a tremble in the ground made him freeze.

     “No... No, no no no please no...” Alan moaned, as the sounds of a door hundreds of feet tall creaked open. Alan put his hands over his face, trying as hard as he could to not acknowledge the reality of what he knew was coming next. But reality would not wait for him to come to terms, as Zach angrily stepped out of the storage room, clad only in a pair of hastily donned briefs.

    “Whatever you decided was worth disturbing me for had better be exceptionally worth it, Small Fry...” Zach said, his voice booming to the inch tall Alan, still trying not to look up at him. Zach surveyed the lab, a confused look on his face at the sudden lack of presence. He looked down quizzically, seeing the pile of their clothes, as he tried to make sense of it.

    Alan's eyes went wide as behind his nemesis, Merrissa appeared, also clearly having hastily put her tank top and panties back on. She followed Zach's gaze down at the piles of clothes at their feet, and chuckled.

    “Maybe the freaks got so riled up listening to us they stripped down and found their own room...” she giggled, tugging at Zach to pull him back into the closet to continue their fun. “They're probably around here somewhere wishing they could be us... Now get back in here.”

    Zach continued to scrutinize the pile of clothes as Alan lay frozen, almost wishing he was even smaller, small enough not to be seen. The flashing terminal screen by the molecular scaler caught Zach's eye, now blinking “SUCCESSFUL EMERGENCY CASCADE DISCHARGE”.

    “No. Something happened. And I think I know what...” Zach said, using his big toe to poke at the lab clothes. All the color drained from Alan's face as the massive toe pushed through the layers of fabric, pushing effortlessly through the material, heading right towards him. Alan screamed as he scrambled to get away from Zach's foot, throwing himself in the opposite direction over the layers of white cotton. The foot suddenly stopped, and Alan again froze in place, shutting his eyes in terror as he realized he'd done exactly what Zach wanted; reveal himself.

    “Well well well... Small fry gone fun size... Look at that.” Zach sneered, spotting the tiny man as he'd moved to avoid his foot. Zach prodded Alan with his toe, eliciting a tiny yelp. “Had a little accident with the big potato machine, did you?”

    Merrissa stared with wide eyed shock, her lips curving into a look of surprise as she put a hand to her mouth to hold in the laugh. “He's somehow found a way to look even more pathetic...” she giggled.

    “Where's that flat chested washing board of an excuse for a woman, surely she can't have gotten far... Aha.” continued Zach, rifling through the other lab coat, producing a shrieking, tiny, and naked Jenny. Alan watched in terror as his gigantic hand descended, encapsulating the screaming woman as he scooped her into his palm, curling himself up into a ball as his left hand did the same to him. He wanted to vomit from the force of being rapidly lifted skyward in Zach's fist, and at having his dream turned into a nightmare, his tormentor Zach now as big to him in reality as he'd felt in his mind for months already. He could feel his stomach turning at the thought of what Zach might do to them at this size.

    “Which one do you want?” Zach's booming voice said, loud to Alan even through his clenched fist. “Oh, give me him, this should be fun...” replied Merrissa, holding her hand out.

    Alan had long fantasized about putting a tiny Zach in Merrissa's hands, to feel the power of reducing his nemesis to a toy, Merrissa so enthralled by the display of his genius and fall for him on the spot. This was beyond his worst nightmare, to instead suffer in what should have been Zach's place, a defeated, pathetic excuse in Merrissa's hand. Alan cowered in fear before her gaze, her face betraying the sheer amusement she had as Alan tried to cover himself up as best he could.

    “Holy shit, this is awesome, they're so small...” said Merrissa, playfully poking Alan with her extended finger. Alan fell back at her careless prodding, closing his eyes and shouting out in pain as her massive digit thumped him in the chest. “Still just as weak as he was full sized though.” she continued, mocking him.

    Jenny was suffering similar insult in Zach's hand as the giant rolled her under his finger along his palm, the tiny woman being played with like one might do to a bug if they wanted a better look at it. Every chance at breath she had as she was ruthlessly rolled under his finger was spent screaming, until Zach at last became bored and released her from his crushing examinations. She gasped for raspy breaths, her body feeling like she'd just been hit by a truck.

    Even across the relative distance, Alan could make out her screams, and he realized he was powerless to protect her now. It was all too much for Alan, to have his plans inadvertantly turned back on himself, his dreams of power and respect so close only to be made the subject of his own machinations. He began to sob to himself, his only condolence that he was too small for Merrissa to even notice this as he sat in her hand clutching his face in despair.

    “So... what are we gonna do with them..?” said Merrissa as she watched her lover toying with the shrunken woman, before turning her attention back to her own tiny toy, effortlessly splaying him out on his back with a simple press of her finger to get a better look at him.

    “I don't really care to be honest. We can just flush them down the toilet on our way out, I don't want them staining the leather on my Santoni's if I step on them.” Zach answered, gesturing to his designer Italian shoes. “Unless you had a better idea.”

    “I guess that's cleaner than throwing them under the tires of the Lamborghini on our way out...” Merrissa mused, a bored look on her face as the snobbish couple already grew disinterested in their toys. Alan cracked, he refused to die like this, dispatched like a bug at the hands of his arch enemy... He had to try something, anything...

    “MERRISSA! MERRISSA PLEASE, LISTEN TO ME, I CAN- I CAN MAKE YOU A GODDESS!” Alan shouted up to her face, peering down at him over her incredible tits.

    “I think he's trying to say something to me...” Merrissa said, noting Alan's frantic arm waving, and a pathetic little noise reaching her ears as she focused on the man in her palm. “This should be good for a laugh.” she said, bringing her upturned palm to her ear.

    Alan fell with the motion, gripping the base of one of her fingers for dear life as she repositioned him close enough to hear. Alan had gotten this far, he had to commit, despite his fear.

    “MERRISSA I... I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU. EVER SINCE THE FIRST DAY I SAW YOU. MY MACHINE COULD MAKE US GODS! YOU'VE SEEN WHAT IT DID TO US, IMAGINE IF THE ENTIRE WORLD LOOKED AS SMALL TO YOU! I CAN DO IT! JUST... MAKE ME BIG AGAIN AND YOU AND I COULD RULE THE WORLD!”

    Alan shouted as loud as he could, praying Merrissa and Merrissa alone could hear him. Merrissa turned, giving him a quizzical look, and her eyes darted to the side towards Zach, who apparently had not been able to make out the inch high man's empassioned plea.

    “What's he shouting about?” said Zach, half absorbed in continuing to harass the tiny Jenny in his hand, smirking as she fruitlessly attempted to evade his gaze, covering up her tiny breasts and in fear and embarrassment.

    “... Nothing important, just begging for his life.” lied Merrissa. “I'm going to go freshen up, I'll flush him while I'm in there and then you can get rid of her, and we can get out of here.”

    Zach nodded in approval without so much as looking her way, and Merrissa picked up her purse and headed for the small bathroom in the corner of the lab, still carrying Alan. He trembled, wondering if his play had worked. Was she going to just get rid of him? The beautiful woman gently cupped her fist around him as she moved, seemingly careful to not drop him. Had he done it..?

    Her fist unclenched shortly after he heard the click of the lock on the bathroom door, and she looked down at the little man in her hand.

    “... You can make the machine make us huge?” She said, the look of amusement on her face now replaced with one of consideration. Alan felt the warmth rush back to his skin, he'd done it; he'd caught her ear, and now he had to just convince her. He motioned to put her hand back near her ear, and she did so.

    “YES! YOU AND I CAN BE BIGGER THAN THIS FACILITY... THAN THE CITY! YOU'VE SEEN WHAT MY THEORY AND TECHNOLOGY CAN DO. YOU JUST HAVE TO TYPE MY PASSWORD INTO THE TERMINAL AND PUT ME IN FRONT OF THE DEFLECTORS, TO ACTIVATE THE EMERGENCY RESET! IT SHOULD GIVE ME TWICE MY SIZE BACK BECAUSE IT'LL THINK YOU'RE RESTORING JENNY TOO... AND THEN I CAN OVERPOWER ZACH AND YOU AND I CAN BECOME GODS!” Alan shouted, feeling himself growing hoarse at the effort he had to expend just to whisper into her ear.

    “Woah... That's... incredible Alan. You mean you could make my big boobs even bigger..? Big enough to crush this whole city with my left tit?” Merrissa said, moving her hand to give him an even better view of the bronzed canyon of her cleavage. She bit her lip, arching her back and pushing out her chest. Alan couldn't believe it, he stared down hungrily at her monolithic rack, the woman he'd fantasized about growing enormous was teasing him, turning his despair into an intoxicating, lust fueled courage.

    “Fuck... I've always been big chested Alan... But you and your machine could make me into a goddess... That's so hot...” Merrissa continued, using her off hand to grip one of her massive breasts through the thin material of her tank top. The sound of her soft moan was exactly like Alan had imagined it would be when he imagined fucking her instead of Jenny when they were intimate...

    “I'VE DREAMED ABOUT THIS SINCE THE DAY I FIRST SAW YOU!” Alan cheered into her ear as she moved him closer again. “YOU AND ME... ENORMOUS TOGETHER! I'LL... I'LL CRUSH ZACH UNDER MY COCK WHEN WE GROW, HE'LL BE OUR LITTLE TOY! I'LL BE KING, AND YOU MY QUEEN!” He continued, his manic ranting bypassing his inhibitions.

    “Oh, Alan, my king!” Merrissa said as she pinched her nipple, a heavy moan escaping her lips as she tugged at it, lifting her impressive tit up by it. Alan was entranced watching it drop back down within the confines of her shirt, crashing against its twin with a heavy jiggle. He began to stroke himself in the palm of her hand. “Oh, don't cum yet... We haven't even started the fun part yet.You just have to tell me your password and we can be so, so big together...” she said, pressing her tits against each other with her forearms and smiling down at him.

    “I'M GOING TO FUCK YOU SO HARD WHEN WE'RE BIG TOGETHER...” Alan shouted after another reposition to the side of her head. “THE PASSWORD IS 'GODDESSMERRISSA'... BECAUSE I WAS ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU AS I BUILT IT. JUST REMEMBER TO PUT ME IN FRONT OF THE DEFLECTORS BEFORE YOU PRESS ENTER!”

    “Oh, Alan... You're a physics genius...” Merrissa said, moaning as she continued to play with her massive tit. “And somehow you're still such a stupid, fucking moron.” She suddenly snapped, dropping her act. The look of incredible amusement returned to her face, her faux arousal displaced in an instant. She shook her head at him, almost in disbelief at how easily he'd fallen for her trick.

    “Oooohhhh my kiiiiiing” she mocked, adopting a high pitched voice to emulate Alan's little squeaks. “Oooohhh I'll crush Zach under my itty bitty little prick...” she laughed, sending her breasts into another quake. Alan fell to his knees in her hand in despair. She was absolutely right. He was the youngest PhD graduate in history, and yet he was somehow also the stupidest, dumbest idiot he'd ever known.

    “Oh, Zach is going to love this...” she said, at last getting over her giggle fit, clasping her hand shut around Alan once more.

    “No, NO NO NO PLEASE, MERRISSA, PLEASE NO DON'T TELL ZACH WHAT I SAID! PLEASE, JUST KILL ME, I CAN'T... PLEASE, ANYTHING BUT THAT!” Alan shouted, his cries completely unheard as she carried him back to Zach.

    “Oh babe, I... You've got to hear this...” Merrissa began, sliding into Zach's embrace. He'd seemingly put Jenny under an overturned glass to play with his phone as he waited for his lover to return. The tiny woman banged a fist against the glass, desperate to escape, completely unnoticed or cared for by the rich couple.

    “I didn't hear a flush, did you find something funnier to do with him?” Zach said, wrapping an arm around her middriff, still absent mindedly reading something on his phone.

    “Not yet, but I'm sure you'll come up with something after you hear this...” She began.

~ ~ ~ ~

    Alan had been thrown under the upturned drinking glass with Jenny, trying his best to silently endure as Merrissa regaled Zach with the story from the bathroom. She could barely contain her laughter as she mocked him, telling Zach in detail how Alan had told her how he'd crush Zach under his cock as they grew huge together. Jenny would switch between looking at the floor, and with a look of disgust at Alan as Merrissa mocked him, teasing how easy it'd been to win him over with a little cleavage. Zach's face told a story of bemusement, like he could hardly believe what he was hearing.

    “And... oh my god... You'll never guess the password.” She laughed, tears in her eyes at the hilarity of it all. “GODDESSMERRISSA.” She almost snorted in laughter after saying it, and looked over to their prisoners.

    “That's right washboard, the entire time you were fucking small fry over there, he was thinking of theeeeeeseeeeeee...” she teased, leaning over the table and bouncing each one of her enormous breasts with either hand in a lewd display of dominance. Alan buried his head in his lap, feeling the hot spear of shame as he shyed away from Jenny's gaze.

    Zach stood up, walking to the terminal of the scaler. He almost couldn't believe what Merrissa had told him, but there was one way to check. He typed in the given pass phrase, and upon the final key stroke, a new message popped up:

    ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD ACCEPTED: PRESS ANY KEY TO ACTIVATE EMERGENCY RESET

    “Your plan...” Zach scoffed, turning back to the table with Alan and Jenny trapped under the glass, “Was to use your stupid big potato machine to... what, WOW Merrissa with your 'scientific genius', seduce her with promises of global conquest, and crush me in one of your sex games? I knew you were pathetic, small fry, but I guess I never realized how far you'd go into fantasy. I'll give you credit though, it's very... imaginative. You should have been a writer, not a scientist. Because now? Well now, I'm going to make you wish this was just a story you dreamed up.”

    Merrissa grinned evily as Zach turned his eyes back to her, lifting under her tanktop and ripping it up and off over her head in one motion. The well stacked woman, gazed up at her lover, her bare breasts presented for his approval. Her light brown nipples swelled in anticipation as she pushed her tits together, the massive display of girl flesh she reserved for Zach alone. He reached up, tilting her head back for a deep kiss, his off hand taking firm hold of one of her huge tits. Zach had big hands but even so, her flesh overflowed his grasp, and she moaned in pleasure as he cupped as much of her as he could. Jenny sat with her back against the glass, watching their display in silence.

    “... Alan?” she said quietly, her eyes never leaving Zach and Merrissa. Alan shamefully pried his eyes away from the two of them as Zach broke free of her kiss and began to move towards them, still trapped on the table.

    “... Yes, Jenny?” he sheepishly replied.

    “... Fuck you.” she said, closing her eyes and wincing in fear as Zach lifted the glass away, scooping the tiny researchers into his hand.

~ ~ ~

    Alan and Jenny found themselves unceremoniously dumped onto a soft, jiggling mass. Neither of them had to open their eyes to know they had been dropped into the expanse of Merrissa's cleavage. Alan had spent countless nights dreaming about this, just in any way except at the hands of Zach. Jenny remained silent, refusing to give Alan anything else beyond her last words to him.

    “It's everything you ever wanted, small fry. Just probably not how you wanted it.” Zach mocked as he look down at the couple overwhelmed in his lover's cleavage.

    “What do you think washboard, bigger than you thought?” Merrissa teased, laughing at the outclassed Jenny, watching her bounce like a pebble in her cleavage as her chest bounced. “Fuck, they're tiny...”

    “And now I'm going to give my woman what you'd never be able to...” Zach said, as Alan and Jenny braced for whatever Zach had in store for them. Merrissa cooed in approval as Zach pushed her to her knees, and Alan realized in terror what he knew was coming next. Before he could even attempt to formulate an escape, he felt the warm and silky mass of Merrissa's breasts start to shift, as suddenly the massive and rock hard head of Zach's cock erupted up through her cleavage, shunting Alan and Jenny aside as he fucked his lover's incredible tits.

    Alan and Jenny screamed as his shaft rocketed them to either side of Merrissa's cleavage. Bouncing off her titflesh, Alan shrieked in terror as he saw Zach's aching shaft towering over him, and realized he was rolling back towards it against the slope of her breast. On the opposite boob, he could see Jenny scrambling for any form of purchase, crying and shouting as she slid down as well towards the throbbing monster. Just before they made contact, Zach pulled back, and the researchers instead rolled back into each other in the dip of Merrissa's tanned canyon of breast.

    “You pathetic fucking idiot...” Jenny managed to cough out. Her tone left no doubt as to the venom of her words. “At least I'll die getting fucked by a real man...”

    “... I'm sorry Jenny. If I still could, I'd make this right.” Alan said back, truly lamenting his fate. He put a hand out, hoping she would accept it.

    “Well you fucking can't.” Jenny said, ignoring his gesture.

    Before Alan could think of anything else to say, Zach's cock rammed back up again, once again launching the couple to either side of Merrissa's expansive breasts. Alan and Jenny once again fruitlessly searched for a handhold on the flawlessly cared for skin of Merrissa, who looked down at them with great amusement as they were rocked with each thrust of Zach's cock.

    “DON'T FALL IN OR-” Alan shouted, realizing if they were dragged further down into her cleavage by Zach's back thrust, they'd be ground to paste against his shaft and her soft, but unyielding flesh.

    “JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALAN.” Jenny shrieked back at him, tears flowing from her eyes as she recoiled in terror from the enormous cock that battered them again and again. “JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.”

    Suddenly Zach's thrusts picked up in pace as he started to grunt with each push into Merrissa's chest. Alan and Jenny were slammed again and again, screaming for their lives as Zach's pace threatened to pull them into the meat grinder of their lovemaking. Suddenly, with a mighty roar, Zach came. Alan and Jenny shrieked as huge wads of Zach's seed shot out of his cock, all over Merrissa's face and chest. Zach remained stiff even as he emptied his balls, but in a cruel twist of fate, a big drip of his cum spurted out of the tip of the giant cock, just as Jenny slid back against his monsterous manhood. She tried to kick away from the wad as it slid down the side of his shaft, but she was trapped. It came to a stop as it rolled into her, adhering her to the side of his cock.

    Zach's groaned his satisfaction, but his shaft did not falter with his climax. Alan watched in horror as Jenny tried to scream, only for the wad of cum she was trapped in shifted, covering her face and rendering her mute. Zach released his lovers breasts, withdrawing his cock from the embrace of her creamy mounds, causing Alan to tumble into her cleavage, trapped and helpless as he witnessed what happened next.

    Merrissa beamed at her boyfriend, licking the spray of cum off her lips in a well practiced motion. Zach's looming cock cast it's shadow over the helpless Alan, at mouth level to his kneeling goddess.

    “Clean me.” he ordered, as Merrissa was only too happy to comply. She leaned forward, taking him into her mouth as she began searching for every last drop of his seed, her enormous tongue teasing every inch of his generous girth.

    “ZACH, PLEASE, JENNY IS STILL ON YOU, YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HER!” Alan shouted as loudly as he could, his legs pinned in the milky swell of Merrissa's house sized tits. The wealthy couple either could not hear, or did not care for the panicked cries of their toy however, as Merrissa opened her mouth wide, and, with some effort, fully engulfed Zach's manhood. Alan felt his blood turn to ice as the struggling silhouette of Jenny, mired in Zach's cum, vanished behind Merrissa's lips, and then was gone as they pulled back, sucking her down into the spoiled busty brat's throat.

    Merrissa closed her eyes, savoring the taste of the fruit of her labors, before swallowing deeply. Alan couldn't even bear to look as he heard her satisfied gulp, and imagined Jenny pulled down her throat, behind the massive breasts he was trapped in. Alan slammed his fists down in frustration at being so helpless to save her, his tiny strikes unfelt against the silky flesh around him as he fruitlessly attempted to pry himself free of Merrissa's cleavage.

    Alan and Jenny completely forgotten in the heat of the moment, Merrissa began to stand up from her kneeling position. As she leaned forward, Alan realized in terror that the motion of her breasts created a gap in their gripping embrace. He barely had time to shout as he tumbled into a cleavage freefall, pinballing off either side of her monuments. Alan closed his eyes, envisioning himself cracked and broken against the hard tile floor of the lab. At least it would finally be over. He braced for the impact...

    The tiny man was not to have his wish however. His body struck the top of Merrissa's foot as he bounced out of her tits like a pachinko ball, her soft tanned skin softening most of the blow. Alan's eyes shot open as the breath was forced out of his lungs, recoiling from the blow as he rolled off the side of his dream girl's foot, and tumbled into a shot of Zach's cum on the floor. Alan gasped for breath as he tried to resist becoming mired in the entrappingly sticky substance, staring wide eyed up at Merrissa as he lay on his back, his body racked with pain from the fall. The view of her massive tits from below as she continued to pull herself up from her kneel was incredible as her titantic assets blocked out the light from the lab ceiling, casting him into her shadow.

    “Oh, what happened to the freaks?” Merrissa said, her lust subsiding for a moment as she remembered their unusual situation. She tucked her fingers into her cleavage, fishing around for them to no avail. Zach barely acknowledged her, his shaft unfaltering, but instead wrapped a pair of arms around her mid, lifting her up against him. Alan was helpless to flee during this opportunity, still trapped in the spot of cum, able only to watch as Zach had his way with the woman he'd desired.

    Merrissa got Zach's message; the freaks were irrelevant, and he was ready for more. She surrendered to his advance, as his powerful embrace took her as he pushed her back against the door of the storage closet they had previously emerged from. He held her against the door, bracing her body against it as one hand shot down to her panties, ripping them down past her ankles in a familiar motion. Zach threw the cotton impedement backwards over his shoulder, and Alan watched as it sailed over head...

    Directly onto the keyboard of the waiting terminal.

    Alan could only scream as he saw the terminal screen flash with the impact of Merrissa's panties against the keys:

    EMERGENCY RESET CHARGE CYCLE ACTIVE: IT IS CRITICAL ALL NON-DEFAULT SCALED ENTITIES MUST CLEAR THE ZONE OF EFFECT WITHIN 15 SECONDS!

    The destroyed Capacitor 6 that had started this trouble in the first place sputtered and sparked as the molecular scaler spun up, the whirring of the coils as they vibrated faster and faster, all while Alan struggled to free himself. His efforts ceased when the screen updated once more;

    CAPACITOR 1: ONLINE
    CAPACITOR 2: ONLINE
    CAPACITOR 3: ONLINE
    CAPACITOR 4: ONLINE
    CAPACITOR 5: ONLINE
    CAPACITOR 6: CRITICAL ERROR

    EMERGENCY ENERGY CASCADE DISCHARGE! ALL ENTITIES MUST CLEAR ZONE OF EFFECT IMMEDIATELY!

    Alan panicked, running the numbers in his head against his own understanding of the theory of molecular scaling, trying in desparation to understand what was about to happen, but the blown capacitor meant anything was possible. He prayed that the device would find some way to safely disperse the energy, he hoped it would just fry the capacitors and harmlessly dissipate the charge into the ground, but he knew it wouldn't. Not after it'd already discharged once at him and Jenny. He went limp, ceasing his struggles, and with no more tears to sob, he prepared for the worst.

    Zach was still figuring out the logistics of the angle to fuck his lover when Merrissa's curious look as she reacted to the whining noise of the power coils made him pause.

    “What the fuck is that sound?” Zach said, his well toned and naked figure turning towards the source of the disturbance. The high pitched whining continued to build as he squinted to read the terminal screen.

    CASCADE ERRORr1;m0;s1;n6;n3;t2;n5;v1;t3;v1;n9;u9;n2;n2;v4;s4;qp7;t1;r5;Rrs2;qo1;p4;p8;p4;r8;u4;q2;s9;p8;q5;r8;p7;Rr0;m9;m4;tl9;s4;s6;m9;t9;v1;o4;sn9;n9;s4;n9;o3;q3;oq2;t6;s7;q8;q9;pp3;t6;p4;q5;t0;Rr4;t3;v1;s2;n6;nt8;n4;sn7;tt9;t9;s1;p8;t0;q7;t6;t1;u2;r7;Rr3;m4;m4;m0;t3;o7;r8;o2;p4;p6;r8;o8;q3;q4;p4;Rr0;u0;l9;s4;s1;m5;u3;q8;p5;p5;p2;r6;q5;Rrs0;m8;l8;s4;n1;t3;t3;s5;s6;t2;m3;t1;t0;q9;u8;u3;q0;p9;p4;u3;Rr1;n9;s0;m3;u0;n5;t9;m3;q0;q7;q4;qo8;q9;r8;u3;p5;p1;q4;p5;Rr3;s4;q3;o6;q2;p1;ppRr4;m9;o4;nm3;l9;m3;s1;m9;m5;t9;m1;q2;q7;p1;o2;o2;Rr1;s6;s6;n7;s6;q4;p3;p4;r8;Rr0;r9;t9;t3;mv1;n4;s1;m6;s6;q2;u4;o1;o6;qr8;t5;qu3;o6;p2;r7;Rro5;s4;m5;n9;o5;mm6;mo4;sm6;u6;s2;r8;o7;u3;p2;q9;q3;r7;p9;t5;

    r3;l9;u9;r5;q9;p5;t1;r5;q2;pq7;q8;o3;u2;q4;Crm9;n5;m1;m3;m1;v1;s6;o1;o7;q9;oo0;o3;t5;Lrs4;v4;m6;m9;l8;s6;v1;tt8;n9;u7;u1;o1;r5;r5;u1;v0;o3;t5;Er3;n2;m0;s6;s2;n9;v1;t8;n5;m2;t2;pArtn5;v1;s0;s4;m9;um1;m1;u8;Rr4;n5;m4;s0;s2;m2;u6;t2;r9;u6;t9;mn1;n0;s9;o2;o1;oq6;p6;p3;t0;u2;t5;p9;p4;p7;p7;p7; r4;t3;n0;n0;m6;t9;u0;us0;m9;t8;v0;t0;p2;q7;p1;u1;q4;r8;q2;o6;t0;p2;Zru9;v4;s1;n5;v4;n9;n1;p7;Or3;s2;m3;n4;oo8;r7;Nr4;o5;l9;s1;u9;m4;l9;s1;t8;n4;m2;m1;u9;s5;m5;n2;t6;q0;p1;v0;t5;u4;u8;p1;o6;p9;u2;u3;Er4;n0;u0;n9;m8;s0;o5;s6;o4;m6;u9;s1;s6;s8;n6;u4;s7;u3;t6;u7;q7;t5;s7;t1; r1;n3;t2;s1;u9;u9;s0;l9;sm4;u6;n2;s2;s8;p3;o7;q5;q9;u8;u3;u2;q5;q5;Or0;t9;o5;mn7;r7;o2;p1;s7;r7;u4;u8;s7;p8;s7;s7;u4;q9;o7;Fr3;mm6;tn3;n3;n2;n6;m8;m6;v4;q7;o1;v0;q2;p5;t0;o0;t5;t5;o8; r3;nt3;mv4;s4;sm2;o5;t3;t2;s5;s1;u1;q7;s7;t6;s7;u7;o3;q6;v0;Er1;v1;n2;s6;n2;s6;m6;ms4;u4;p5;q0;s7;r5;p3;q8;pt6;qp8;u8;u3;Fr1;r9;m3;s1;v4;so5;n5;u6;o5;sn4;l9;s0;o5;o1;o1;Fr4;m5;ts0;n0;u6;m4;q3;o6;t5;v0;p6;r7;o7;r5;r8;qp9;q0;u8;r8;Er3;m3;m8;n0;m6;p3;p3;o7;p1;o7;o6;p4;o8;v0;r7;u4;p4;Cr0;m8;p2;t6;u3;p1;p8;r6;Tr4;mm1;m1;n9;r9;s2;v1;mn9;mn0;l9;n3;p7;q0;r8;q6;Trs4;t3;m9;o4;n0;q6;p2;o1;q8;p1;Trr9;t8;o4;u4;o1;q6;p2;q5;q7;p2;o1;p8;v0;o2;Tr0;m6;p6;q7;q5;p7;r6;r6;r5;p5;r6;u4;u4;o2;pp2;

    Zach's eyes went wide as he realized the 'big potato' machine was coming back to life, but much like Alan and Jenny before him, hadn't the time to react before a blinding green flash struck him and Merrissa. The machine shorted out, each of the remaining capacitors blasting off like fireworks as the lights in the lab went dark. Alan laughed manically, what remaining of his composure completely shattered at the total insanity of the situation. What else could he do? He took a small comfort in imagining Zach and Merrissa reduced to an atomic scale, lost in the space between molecules, so small it would take a century before any scientific theory would come close to understanding what happened to the human body scaled to such an impossibly small size. At least, he thought, he'd have the last laugh there...

    “What happened?” said the voice of Merrissa, somehow sounding even deeper in the darkness of the power drained facility. Alan blinked in the darkness at the sound of her voice, confused. The scaler had dumped a full 5 capacitors worth of exotic energies into them... They should be...

    No. No no no. Alan ran simulation after simulation in his mind of what could have gone wrong, his academic mind struggling with every variable, trying to establish a theory. Admittedly, before 20 minutes ago he had no idea his theory even worked but... if the array had been damaged in the first discharge it could theoretically have microfractured, diluting the cascade while also causing it to...

    Invert...

    They were going to grow.

To be continued!