- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the next chapter in the story.  Hope you enjoy!

--

Morning came as light shined down from the window onto the model city, standing on the table in the bedroom, which unknown to the other members of the house, contained a two-millimeter sized girl within. Marie was awoken as the sunshine started to brighten her environment, stretching herself as she readjusted to her new surroundings.

Last night, after initially shrinking herself down into the city, Marie was in absolute awe. She admired the handiwork and immense detail on several of the nearby buildings, and how the world outside the city now just seemed like a blur. Picking up her bags of resources she shrunk alongside her, she had taken a several minute walk to a nearby park, where she too was incredibly fascinated at the real grass, trees, and even small lake she had set up.

At the edge of the park was a little cottage, which was actually a shrunken dollhouse, that Marie had chosen specifically to be her home base. Due to how late it was by the time she really settled in, she decided to simply go to sleep and focus on further exploration the following day. She did have a whole week ahead of her, she thought to herself.

 

--

Walking down the stairs after getting out of bed, Marie continued to yawn and stretch herself awake, dressed in a sleeping robe and slippers, with her hair still a bit of a frizz. Entering the kitchen, she pulled out a bag of bread, as well as some eggs outside of a case of luggage, which contained all the food she would need to last her for the week.

Using a makeshift stove she set up herself, she devoured her well-made breakfast, all the while browsing through her phone which still functioned. She scrolled through her text conversations with her boyfriend Dan, who was under the belief that she was just spending a few days with her parents. She did make sure to send him several nude photos of herself in bed, but there was no way to tell she was actually tiny. She was having such a breezy time that she momentarily forgot that she was in a tiny city in her bedroom, so excitedly jumped back out of her seat, and ran out to the balcony.

Letting her robe flap in the wind, exposing her bra and panties to only herself, Marie took in the breath of fresh air, thanks to the AC in her bedroom being the perfect amount, amazed at the sheer scope of the world she inhabited now at her size. It would probably take a whole day alone to explore the entire city, she imagined.

The slight dauntedness of the task caused Marie to remember the reason she shrunk into the city in the first place: to relax. She had a whole week for this entire city to herself, she didn’t need to rush and could take everything easy. The city wasn’t going anywhere. Thus, Marie decided to spend most of her first day just lounging around her house. She even ended up passing out at one point on her large, luxurious couch in the living room until it was the afternoon. She was treating it as her own personal lazy Sunday, even though it was a Monday.

Eventually Marie, still dressed in her morning attire, chuckled to herself saying, “Well, I guess I’ll be somewhat productive.”

Heading back into her room, she stripped right down to her nude form, admiring her figure in the mirror, before grabbing a set of clothes from her personal and miniaturized wardrobe. She figured what better way to get acquainted with her new surroundings than to also get some exercising in. Changing into sports bra and underwear, alongside a sexy looking  white tank top, black yoga pants, and white running shoes, Marie was ready to head out jogging.

Marie always enjoyed getting a good run in, and trying to get to the gym at least twice a week. Exercising was something she always liked and wanted to do more of, but her busy schedule tended to hinder that, so this week vacation was not only an excuse to rest, but also one to get some more mileage out of working out.

Lightly jogging down the street, Marie still was in awe and couldn’t believe the scale and detail in everything. The cars parked all over were perfectly to scale and functional, so she could take a drive sometime later if she so felt like it. She laughed to herself as she thought that if she kept up the self-congratulating she’ll start to grow a bigger ego.

Speaking of ego, she had already travelled a decently far amount of space, alternating between light walk, simple jog, and hard run, for about two hours, and had reached the Main Street, which had its own central landmark of a statue of Marie, surrounded by a cavalcade of various types of buildings. This was the section Marie was particularly proud of, not just because of her visage standing “beautifully” tall, but also that she had decided to throw away the concept of theming and just put whatever. A bazaar of stores, several skyscrapers mixed in with traditional sized houses, couple middle-sized offices. It really was like living in a toy box.

The exploring had caused Marie to decide to make her way back to her cottage so she can make a proper schedule of what she’d like to do during her week, when she is caught off guard by a…

*SCREECH*

Suddenly, Marie stopped to a halt as she could hear what to her was a loud smash coming from somewhere far beyond her horizon. Somewhere in the outside world. And the noises continued to grow more frequent and closer.

“Oh shit…not now!” Marie exclaimed to herself, sweat starting to pour down her face, and not from the running.

“WELL. LOOK AT THE FINE CRAFTWORK HERE” a voice echoed downwards from the heavens, sending a chill down Marie’s spine, nervously turning around and staring up to see none other than the ginormous approaching body of her father, Victor.

Victor had just returned home from work where he found both his wife and son were out each on their own errands. He typically didn’t have that much alone time so wanted to take the opportunity to take it easy. This got him to thinking about Marie, who had sent her a text message informing him that she arrived safely earlier that day, and thinking about wanting to take a trip like that for himself at some point.

He was then reminded of the model city that Marie had briefly mentioned before, and with her and everyone else currently away, thought it would be the perfect time to check it out. He knew his daughter was incredibly smart and was very into her hobby of 3-D printing, and wanted to take some time to appreciate her work.

Marie was starting to worry. She had chosen not to put a lock on her room because she assumed her family wouldn’t bother with entering or messing with anything of hers. She didn’t even live here anymore, why would they need to come into her room for anything? But now her father was at ground zero, and she absolutely didn’t want any of them finding her tiny right now. She could only imagine what they may do to her at this size.

 

Her mind raced with worst case scenarios of being discovered at two millimeters tall by her massive family. Her father loved to tease her and always treated her as his “little girl.” She could swear he would try and scare her by dangling her above his mouth or something, hopefully not letting her go. Her mom on the other hand, often tried way too hard to be best friends with Marie, often trying to prove she was just “one of the girls.” She even wanted to take Marie lingerie shopping once to find something for her boyfriend Dan. Marie had absolutely no desire to be dropped in her giant mom’s bra and pinned up against her nipple for safe keeping.

 

This left Eddie, her slightly younger brother. Marie honestly shuttered just thinking what he could do if he found her.

Realizing the danger she could be in and snapping back into reality, Marie quickly booked it inside of the closest building to her, an office building about four stories tall (about twenty millimeters), carefully peering out the window from her dad’s view, hoping he leaves sooner than later.

After just entering her room, Victor bent down to examine the city, astonished by the sheer amount of detail that his daughter had managed to pack into this little project of hers. Seeing the sheer variety of different buildings, plus the greenery in the park, and all the little cars around, even he started to imagine people living in the city. It would be so cool to tower over these pathetically small people, like a true giant.

He reached his hand in to pick up several objects to closely examine, each time his titanic fingers creating an eclipse that blocked out all light temporarily within a given area of the city, causing Marie to yelp and whimper in nervousness. At this point she didn’t have too much experience of shrinking around regular sized people, especially unaware ones, so she wasn’t too sure how to handle it. She knew that her matter reducer did nothing to enhance her durability, so she could still be in grave danger.

Putting down one of the cars he had admired, Victor pushed it down the road at lightning speed to see how it drove, causing it to crash into another building and tumble all over. Victor chuckled to himself, not really thinking the damage is that big of an issue, unaware of the potential danger it would cause.

Then, his thumb and finger carefully descended back down toward his next target, plucking an inconspicuous office building up out of the ground: the same one his daughter was currently within.

Marie has in full freakout mode. Everything was shaking around her, forcing her to grab onto a nearby pole to keep her steady. The entire building began to crunch and creak as the pressure of Victor’s finger and thumb affected it. Marie could see out the window the monolith that is her father as all she could perceive was his left eye, staring closely at the building, trying to peek through its floors.

“HMMM, ARE YOU SURE THERE AREN’T ACTUALLY TINY PEOPLE LIVING IN HERE? IT’S SO REALISTIC!” Victor jokingly commented to himself, his booming voice sending chills down his daughter’s spine and rattling the walls of the building. And he was just about to throw her into even more unaware peril.

Like it was nothing, Victor casually tossed the office building into the air, catching it back in his palm, noting how tremendously light it felt, like dice. He then proceeded to do it again. And again. And again. A sense of power washed over his body. He could simply crush this tiny building in his hand like it was absolutely nothing.

Every simple toss of the building sent the miniscule Marie inside through the most disorientating experience in her life. The first throw was so sudden that it caused her to lose her grip on the pole and began to twist and turn all over the floor of the building, screaming as loud as she ever has before.

After thankfully colliding with a piece of cardboard or foam, Marie quickly wrapped herself up in it as the throwing and shaking continued, causing Marie to bounce back and forth between all four walls, to the point it no longer mattered what was the ceiling or floor. She was also grateful she grabbed the cardboard, or else feared she would’ve died through all the concussions alone. Either way, it was an uncomfortable experience that she begged would stop soon.

Victor proceeded to mess around with the building for what felt like several more minutes until he finally dropped it back down unceremoniously into the city. Completely dazed and on the verge of throwing up, Marie waddled her way outside the office, struggling to reaffirm where she was and how to get the ringing in her head to stop. She sat down covering her shaking head for a bit. She closed her eyes, trying her best not to dry heave, and prayed this pounding headache would subside.

 

That was when she then heard a loud: “HUH. WHAT’S THAT?”

Marie turned back around to see staring directly down at her was her father once again, only this time, he was looking right at her with a magnifying glass, which she had left on the side of her desk.

While Marie was recovering, Victor had noticed the magnifying glass and thought it was the best way for him to get a clearer look at the some of the more little details in the city. He was examining the corners until he reached the spot Marie was, where now thanks to the magnifying power, he noticed a tiny figure sitting in the middle of the street.

“IS THAT A LITTLE DOLL? OR A BUG? OR MAYBE, HMMM….” Victor thought to himself, curious enough that he slowly peered himself into the city to get a closer view. For the briefest of moments, the thought crossed through his mind. Maybe it was actually a shrunken person, even Marie. Subconsciously, his stomach rumbled as he thought about a shrunken version of his daughter. But that was physically impossible, and Marie was on vacation hours away, right?

Marie sat completely and as possibly still as she ever could, hoping he would figure that she’s nothing and move on. She didn’t know what was more terrifying: if he recognized her or if he didn’t. Marie recalled a time when she was younger, when she once caught her dad holding an ant in his right hand. Victor didn’t even know she was there, but she witnessed him slowly pulling the ant apart using his fingers. He then just squeezed it before his digits, before wiping what little remained off onto his pants. Even if he didn’t recognize her, she feared what he would do it her if he thought she was a bug or doll. Throw me away? Grind me into a paste? This trip was about to shift into a horror movie.

Then, an unexpected *CRASH* happened.

A quarter from Victor’s front shirt pocket had slipped out during his bending to stare down at the city and landed directly near the location he was just looking at. He temporarily glanced away towards the dropped coin, giving a moment for Marie to make her escape.


“Aw crap!” Victor mumbled to himself, getting a slight surprise after being so focused. “But what was…nah it was nothing. Guess I’ve been fantasizing way too much about tiny people. Should go and tell Marie!” Victor said before turning out of view of the city.

With her father distracted for a brief moment, Marie took the opportunity to dive into some bushes near where she was motionlessly sitting. She was cut and bruised from the branches, but she prayed that she would be hidden and safe. Marie was annoyed she’s only been in the city for less than a day and has already sustained this many injuries between the bushes and the shaking office.

Climbing out from the bush, she approached the ginormous coin that was nearly as tall as her. If she laid down across it, it would probably take ten of her lined up head to toe to stretch across it. Beyond her dad’s interference, it was the first real example she had to compare her size now to the size of something from the “outside world”, and there was something incredible, yet scary about it.

The circular rims stood tall, almost as tall as her, but had enough rigidness to it that it allowed Marie to grab ahold of and let herself climb to the top. “Might as well get some rock climbing into this exercising routine” she commented with a cheesy laugh.

Hauling herself up to the top relatively easily, Marie was astonished by the sheer size of it. She thought that she would have to come back the next day when she has her phone to take a picture of her on the massive coin. Maybe to confuse some of her friends and Dan.

However, these plans were immediately ruined when she found her platform slowly being lifted up. Panicking, she turned around to see two enormous digits on either side of the coin raising it into the air, as her dad stared off in the other direction, paying no attention to her tiny body on the coin.

Marie was feverously trying to figure out what to do now. She continued to rise higher above the city and closer to her dad. She knew leaving the city at her size was equal to a death wish, but knew the fall at this point could seriously injure her, if not straight up kill her. To make matters worse, her oblivious dad was now starting to tilt the coin, likely to put it into his pocket.

Then, the desperate Marie noticed the park next to her cottage was now underneath the coin, as Victor’s casual shifts and movements brought her closer to her original location. With no time left to spare, Marie prayed for her life, and jumping off the quarter, readjusting her body in mid-air before curling up into a ball, as she landed directly into the parks’ tiny pond with a loud splash.

For Victor however, it would’ve been just a minor drip, but for Marie’s relief, he had his back turned when she landed. Who knows what else he would’ve tried if he got confirmation of that “thing” he saw earlier. A chill ran down Marie’s spine as her mind again began to play out scenarios.

With another *SCREECH* and *BANG*, Marie confirmed her father was finally out of room, and dragged her now completely soaking body out of the pond, coughing up a storm and lying on the ground. She thought about how what started out as a potentially exhilarating day turned into a hellish scenario where she was completely at the mercy of her unaware father, even close to death at some points. She just now had to hope her mother and brother didn’t try anything the next few days.

By nighttime, Marie was too exhausted after everything that happened and forgone planning her week or exploring more of the city in favor of trying to relieve herself from stress of the day. After taking a bath and eating a good dinner, she had wrapped up some of her scratches and bruises in bandages and was dressed in her original jacket and long boots she wore when she first arrived, with her soaking workout clothes hung out on a pole outside to dry.

She was letting off some steam on her phone when she got a text message from her father. It was a selfie of him holding the magnifying glass up to his eye with the model city behind her, as the caption says: “I think there’s some tiny people living in your city! ;)”

All Marie could do was grab a nearby pillow and scream into it in frustration. Six more days of vacation to go.

Chapter End Notes:

--

More to come soon!