- Text Size +

Gareth waded through the waist high water slowly, quietly, his short carbine flintlock held over his head to avoid wetting the powder. He’d been a fair hunter and tracker, but that was in the northern ranges of the Empire’s snowy frontier. Here in the swampy marshland, he’d had to relearn everything but how to fire a gun from scratch. He liked to think he’d become skilled at moving and tracking in this terrain, he’d had a good teacher.

Phoebe, the first of his wives, slinked silently through the water herself, her massive form low and slithering through the reeds. The green haired Lamia’s human half alone was larger than he was, with a form that would have put her at over nine feet had she legs instead of the lengthy snake tail that followed behind her. She saw his look and winked a slit pupiled eye at him, blowing him a quick kiss as her forked tongue danced over her lips briefly.

He smirked and jokingly blew a kiss back, careful to keep quiet. Phoebe frowned, then peered ahead, motioning for him to follow her as she slithered through the reeds. She slinked up on a muddy island covered in vegetation, hunkering low to avoid being seen. She unslung her bow from her back, readying an arrow as Gareth followed her.

As the grass parted, he finally spotted the prey they’d been tracking. A group of five humans, all males, had gathered on another island a few hundred yards away. They were struggling to build a campfire, four sweating men fanned themselves, while the fifth, a younger looking fellow, struggled to get the flint to light. The bandits had reportedly killed several domesticated alligators, and robbed a caravan of goods headed towards the Lamia village. Gareth intended to show them why banditry was so rare, even in the sparsely populated swamplands of the nascent Lamia kingdom.

“That’s all five of them,” he whispered to Phoebe, “they don’t even have anyone keeping watch…” It was a pathetic bunch now that he had a look at them, their weapons weren’t proper soldier’s arms, mostly a mix of wood hatchets and pitchforks, farming implements? The one firearm, an ancient looking blunderbuss, was leaned against a willow tree sprouting from the island’s soil, Gareth wondered if they’d even managed to keep the powder dry.

“So what do you think?” Phoebe hissed excitedly, “You could shoot the one closest to the gun, then I can slither up and wrap the rest of them up easily!” A quick flash of a mirror caught both of their attention, and they looked back beyond the bandits to see a blue haired Lamia slinking through the water, quickly meeting their eyes with a grin.

“Samantha’s in place,” Phoebe said, “none of them will get away…”

The other Lamia was one of the more skilled archers, and an easy pick for a potentially dangerous task in the swamp. She was also one of the Lamia who hadn’t yet found a husband, which meant she was eager to do anything that might involve meeting palatable males, bandit or otherwise. He’d had a talk with her before they set out, explaining that these men could be dangerous, but it hadn’t seemed to sink in.

Gareth didn’t really worry now; this was not the hardened group of outlaws he’d feared. One Lamia was more than enough for them, two plus a human fighter was overkill. In truth he felt that this lot might even flee even before a single dogged attacker like himself. He thought over the situation and then with a smile reached into his front pocket.

“H-Hey!” a sleepy voice protested. Sky the pixy groaned as her dark purple hair poked over the edge of his pocket, followed by her bleary face. With a sigh she hefted herself up, her arms hanging limply.

“Come on Sky,” he said with a smirk, “you’ve slept in enough.”

“Fine,” the pixy murmured, rubbing her eyes as she fluttered her translucent wings and lifted herself up to land on his shoulder. “What do you guys want?”

“Could you fly over to that island and shrink those men for me?” Gareth asked. “I’d like to take them all alive; I don’t think they’re the types to know how to deal with someone like you.”

Sky shrugged, “I guess, just give me a minute to get some pixy dust ready.” She lifted off from Gareth’s shoulder, fluttering her wings as a small cloud of gold dust built up around her. Gareth involuntarily leaned back, well familiar with the effects pixy dust had on humans.

With a flourish the pixy was off, a lit ball of gold light flying towards the bandit camp. The men noticed too late, and didn’t recognize what they were seeing, standing up to gaze, slack jawed, at the pixy. One by one she flew around them, being sure to give each man a dusting of the golden flakes raining off her wings, and in turn they panicked as their clothes loosened and the world grew larger.

Gareth slung the carbine across his back and started walking towards the camp, Phoebe followed his lead and put her bow across her own back, slithering forward. The two of them watched as Samanatha approached from the other side of the island.

For the men on the ground, it was a terrifying experience, one minute they’d been lounging in their camp, and the second they were a few inches tall, scrabbling to get out of their pooled clothing.

There was a slithering sound of scale on mud, and the five shrunken men looked up in horror to see a gigantic blue haired snake woman, her short bobbed haircut matching the cerulean scales that glistened brilliantly in the morning light, just a few of them traced into the sides of her otherwise pretty face, leading to pointed ears.

“Hi, I’m Samantha!” the Lamia said with a smile. She’d hoped it would be disarming, but it showed her fangs, and her slitted pupils and forked tongue were all well visible at this distance, and more frightening given the men’s reduced size.

The five of them screamed and tried to run, but Samantha almost casually plucked each one of them out of the mud, tossing them into a small leather satchel she wore dangling just above where her skin met the scales of her snakelike tail. She hummed happily to herself as she shook the bag, listening with a giggle as the shrunken humans wailed with terror.

“Let’s see,” she hissed, sticking a finger into the bag.

The first man she drew out scurried to the back of her palm, almost falling out, she curled her fingers slightly, to keep him from tipping over the edge. He was strong looking, but maybe a bit bulky for her preference, and she wasn’t a fan of the beard… Her tongue darted over the shrunken human, taking in his scent and taste.

“P-Please!” he begged, “don’t eat me!”

“We don’t eat humans,” Samantha said indignantly, “we’re civilized!” she tossed him back into the bag and continued her search.

“Sam!” Phoebe said, slithering up with Gareth at her side, “what are you doing?”

“I was just catching the humans,” she said defensively, unconsciously she held the bag away from the other Lamia. “I haven’t gotten a husband yet, and I was just checking to see if any of these ones were… suitable.”

“The Empire will find husbands for all of you eventually,” Gareth promised. He was confident it would, Humanity’s empire was vast, and finding a few hundred eligible bachelors, even to marry a tribe of snake women, was a trivial thing. Still, six months on only the first hundred or so “husbands” had arrived, and some of the Lamia waiting in line were voicing their impatience.

Samantha reached into the bag again, causing the shrunken men inside to panic, trying to hold on to their friend as the massive fingers drew him out. Gareth saw it was the younger man who had been trying to start the fire, Samantha’s eyes lit up excitedly as she looked over his handsome form. Her thumb casually pushed his arms out of the way as he tried to cover himself, and he shivered as that forked tongue danced over his naked body.

“OOH!” Samantha said excitedly, “this one Gareth, I pick this one!”

He rolled his eyes and glanced at Phoebe, who was fighting down a giggle. The Lamia of the swamp were, by Lamia standards, extremely civilized, but despite Queen Lessie’s teachings many of them still had very monster-like instincts. These instincts tended to surface particularly around unattached men.

“You can’t just steal husbands,” Phoebe said knowledgably, nodding with a smile at Gareth, “he’s supposed to ask you.”

Samantha frowned, “Yeah but-“

“He’s a captured bandit,” Gareth said with a chuckle, “why don’t you take him to the jail back in town, and Lessie can make a decision on what to do with him. This lot doesn’t seem like hardened criminals, they’ll probably just get a few months of manual labor, try chatting him up then.”

Samantha beamed, “Okay!” She dangled the handsome young man in front of her face, “You and me are going to get to know each other,” her snakelike tongue hissed out again, tracing over the man and causing him to panic. Giggling at his reaction she reached down into her exposed cleavage, tucking the man between her breasts and reaching back to tighten her top, holding her captive in place. “Let’s get you guys to jail!” she said cheerfully, patting the squirming leather satchel that held the man’s companions.

Sky buzzed down and landed on Gareth’s shoulder, “Bandits cleared,” she said with a yawn, “can we head back home now?”

“I think I’d like to go visit Severa,” Gareth said, looking at the tower of her fortress in the distance, “since we’re out so far anyway.” 

The Arachne was his third wife in the political marriage that Lessie, now the Lamia Queen, had arranged. The hundred-foot spider-woman had intimidated him at first, but he found that he’d ended up enjoying her company as much as any of his other wives, bizarre as it was to share a cup of tea or a glass of wine with someone the size of a building, and stranger still to become intimate with them.

Rather than simply beginning their travels straight towards the tower, Gareth began trudging through the much until he spotted the raised mound of Lessie’s road, cutting through the swamp. Sky fluttered down on his shoulder as he went, and Phoebe slithered at his side, humming a happy tune.

He sighed as he stepped up onto dry land, happy he wouldn’t have to wade through the stagnant water the rest of the way. Severa’s tower was even deeper into the swamp than Lessie’s village, but it was a lot easier to reach these days. Supposedly the road project would make it all the way through the swamp to the sea when completed, but for now it dramatically cut travel time for a mere human like himself.

The Arachne’s fortress was made from a trio of ancient Elvenwood trees, taller than most Imperial buildings and woven together by spider thread. The gaps were filled by anything from boulders to large pieces of plate steel, giving the whole thing an intimidating and incongruous look, a massive opened gate the bottom seeming to invite adventurers to their doom.

“Do you think with the swamp opening up a bit more she might hire a decorator?” Sky whispered.

“I love it!” Phoebe said excitedly, “I wanted to build one back in our village, but Lessie says we’re not dungeon-building monsters.”

“No, you’re more like building roads and extorting travelers type of monsters,” Sky snickered.

Phoebe’s face burned red, “Lessie says they’re called tolls, and every kingdom does them!”

“We’ll see how much you guys like Lessie when she figures out taxes,” Sky said, sticking her tongue out.

“I’m with Lessie,” Gareth muttered, “these swamps are just a blank spot on most maps, if she can let people from the Elven city or the Imperial provinces reach the sea, then I think she’s earned a bit of coin for her trouble.”

“Our trouble you mean,” Sky said, “I don’t understand you big people and your kingdoms and nations and all that, if another pixy wants me to do something? I better owe her a favor.”

“Good thing you owe Lessie a LOT then, huh mayfly?” Phoebe teased.

Sky just crossed her arms and grumbled. She’d been working with the Elven army to pay off a hefty gambling debt, apparently a common thing for Pixies in Elven service. Lessie had paid it in full, hoping to make the best of the pixy’s apparent entry into their marriage pact.

As usual flickering blue flames seemed to light their way through the darkness of the fortress as they walked inside. Somewhere up ahead he heard the scuttling of chitinous legs, something that would have given him concern once upon a time, but which he now knew simply meant their hostess knew they were here.

“Gareth,” a cheery voice called from a patch of darkness high above them, “and is that Phoebe?”

He gazed up and saw a series of red orbs glittering in the low light, the Arachne’s eyes glittering as she lowered her smiling face into view. Those spiderlike legs were splayed wide as she slowly walked down the wall, her pale-pink hair shaking slightly as she did so.

“Hi Severa!” Phoebe called happily, “we caught the bandits!”

“I had no doubts,” she said demurely, “tell me Gareth, what manner of men were they?”

“Poorly equipped,” he said, “not the type of men who travel much, if there was a war or a disaster anywhere near, I’d say they were refugees.”

“Hmm…” Severa growled, smiling down at the three of them while she thought over the matter, “Perhaps our Queen can illuminate the matter with her wisdom?”

The three of them turned to see Lessie slither her way out of one of the darkened passageways. The red scaled Lamia was full grown, over twice Phoebe’s size already impressive size, and with a fuller figure accentuated by her finer clothing, today a low cut dress that hung low onto the scaled portion of her tail.

“Why husband,” she said, her snakelike tongue flicking out between her fangs, “I’m so glad I ran into you.” She was beginning to coil her tail underneath herself like a cobra, a semi-unconscious mannerism that Gareth had learned Lamia performed when threatened, annoyed, or angry.

“Lessie,” he said, standing his ground even as Phoebe slowly slithered around behind him, a comical sight given her larger stature.

“I do believe I said that Phoebe was to handle the bandit problem,” Lessie said, crossing her arms. “Gareth, would you like to tell me why you felt you needed to include yourself in this potentially dangerous task?”

He sighed; Lessie had become increasingly protective of him in the months since the battle at the elven city. She’d gone as far as to try to hide the news of the bandits from him, and he’d found out from Phoebe when she’d mentioned recruiting Samantha to help in passing. While she hadn’t told him NOT to go, he hadn’t bothered to tell her he was tagging along with the two Lamia, worried at what she might say.

“Lessie,” he said finally, “You’re the queen, but I’m…” he tried to remember what title she liked for him, “Prince-consort, and I’m not going to sit by drinking wine and listening to songs while this kingdom of OURS needs me.”

Lessie’s face softened, and a small smile appeared at the corner of her mouth, “you’re too dutiful for your own good Gareth, I really must keep a closer eye on you.” She looked over his muddy and wet clothing, “Sky?” The pixy perked up at the mention of her name, “Would you be a dear and help Gareth out of those filthy clothes?”

Gareth frowned, “Wait-“ but the pixy was already giggling to herself as she fluttered around him, that familiar gold dust raining down.

“Down he goes!” Sky said excitedly.

He felt his clothes slide against his skin, the tingling racing over his body as the world above him raced away. Phoebe looked down through the hole of his collar with a smirk, her slitted pupils going wide as he got smaller. Soon her face disappeared from view, the hole his neck usually filled collapsing as the fabric was no longer held up by his rapidly diminishing body.

There was light suddenly as Phoebe picked up his muddied shirt, folding it over her arm. With a giggle she reached for his pants and smallclothes next, lifting him up through them and causing him to tumble, naked, down his pantleg before landing again on the floor of Severa’s fortress again.

Sky hovered down to him, the six-inch-tall pixy now a head taller than he was, “He’s out of the clothes Lessie!” Sky called playfully, winking at him.

Gareth heard the sliding of the Lamia’s body against the ground, and he looked up to see the enormous form of the red-scaled Lamia looking down at him smugly. He didn’t even bother to run as the giant hand came down, plucking him up easily as a thumb and forefinger pressed against his back and chest respectively.

His world blurred and he saw a pink blur shoot past him as now much larger Lamia lifted him up to her face. Sky landed on Lessie’s shoulder, crossing her legs contentedly as a pair of slitted pupils focused on him.

“Let me just put you somewhere… comfortable,” Lessie drawled, her forked tongue dancing over her lips.

He was lowered into the pillowy flesh of her cleavage, she gently separated her breasts and set him in so that his head alone was sticking out. He struggled as she released him, the sides collapsing in on him like water and pinning him easily in place.

“What are you doing all the way out here anyway?” Gareth grunted, struggling to free his arms.

“Bringing Severa her mail,” Lessie said.

“You get mail?” Phoebe asked curiously, looking up at the giant spider-woman.

“I decided that since we’re going to do this whole civilization thing, I should begin correspondence with some of the other mages in the world, mostly human ones,” Severa explained.

She leapt from her web on the wall and shaking the earth slightly as she landed, towering over the two Lamia. She brushed her hair behind her ear and blinked the two most human of her eyes as Lessie handed her a satchel filled with letters.

“Do they know you’re a giant spider?” Gareth asked, looking up from his prison at the now mountainous form of Severa.

She turned towards the trapped human, apparently still able to hear him at his reduced size, “I haven’t exactly advertised it, but given that my letters come from the middle of this swamp and carry our beloved Queen Lessie’s seal…” She smirked at Lessie’s reaction to her sarcastic comment, “I would hope the most brilliant academics in the world might be able to deduce that I’m not human…”

“Did they answer that question I wanted you to ask?” Lessie said eagerly.

Severa looked away, an uncharacteristic move, “Yes Lessie,” she said in a somewhat hostile tone, “I have all the answers you wanted, and more…”

“What’s that about?” Phoebe asked suddenly, “Lessie, what have you been up to?”

Lessie sighed, shaking Gareth’s massive prison and causing him to slip lower. Sky seemed to notice from her perch on the Lamia queen’s shoulder and grinned at him, enjoying his struggles against the titanic Lamia’s breasts. He grunted and forced himself higher, a difficult struggle given that he was still covered in swamp muck and Lessie was sweating slightly in the swamp’s humidity.

“The human emperor has asked us to send an envoy,” Lessie said quietly. “He’s hosting a large gathering of diplomats and nobles, and he wants a representative from his newest ally there.”

“That is what tends to happen when you declare yourself a Queen,” Severa said, crossing her more human pair of arms across her chest. “It seems Gareth is the most obvious choice, given that he’s Imperial nobility.”

“Barely!” he protested for the millionth time, “I’m the third son of a minor baron!”

“You’re the prince-consort of the Lamia Queen,” Lessie said indignantly, regarding the tiny human trapped in her breasts, “and we agreed you’re a prince, right Phoebe?”

“Oh yeah!” Phoebe said excitedly, hoisting herself up on her tail so she was level with Gareth’s pillowy prison. “Everyone in the village calls you Prince Gareth!”

“Indeed, Prince Gareth,” Lessie said quietly, “and that elevated status is exactly why I can’t allow him to go.”

Phoebe crossed her arms, “Why not? It seems like the perfect job for him.”

“I wanted YOU to go,” Lessie said, regarding the younger Lamia, “Gareth is… too valuable to risk.”

“What?!” he protested, crying out in satisfaction as he managed to free an arm from Lessie’s cleavage, “Come on Lessie! This isn’t a dangerous mission at all! It’s just going up to the Imperial City for some parties!” He looked at Phoebe’s uncertain face, now the size of a house to him, “and besides, Phoebe will need someone to guide her.”

“There are problems in the Imperial City,” Lessie said slowly. “In particular it seems it’s become unsafe for young men like yourself. I thought that perhaps Phoebe would-“

“What do you mean unsafe? What’s going on? Why wasn’t I told!?” Gareth demanded sternly, or as sternly as you could when held captive in a pair of breasts the size of barns.

“Lessie thought you should focus on your new home, rather than your old one,” Severa said with a smile. “I’d have told you, but I only found out about the problems today…”

“Is the Emperor in danger!?” Gareth asked, almost in a panic.

“Gareth!” Lessie said harshly, “You’re not an Imperial subject anymore, you don’t owe that emperor of yours anything!” As if to emphasize the fact her finger came down, pressing on his head and forcing him further into her cleavage until only his head poked out once more.

“Gareth is a knight of three realms,” Phoebe hissed angrily, “we’re all lucky to have him, but if the humans need him, then I’ll go with him to keep him safe.”

Lessie rolled her eyes, “Phoebe, they have plenty of people who can solve their problems,” she smiled down at Gareth, “we’ve got more humans than we started with to be sure, but… still, I’ve become very attached to this one.”

“Excuse me!” he protested, trying to fight his way up the fleshy mountains again, “what is REALLY going on Lessie? Have the pixy shrink me all you want, I’m no fool, tell me the problem and I’ll-“

“Sky,” Lessie said dismissively, “could you please help our husband find a warm and soft place to rest his weary head?”

“Lessie!” Gareth called out angrily, but the pixy was already hovering down towards him.

“Sorry,” she said in a tone that wasn’t apologetic at all, “but… goodbye!”

Her translucent wings fluttered and gold flakes rained down on Gareth like snow, he felt himself shrinking further, Lessie’s titanic breasts becoming larger, immovable, on either side of him.

“Let’s just put this guy away,” Sky giggled, her pink foot, now as large as his entire body, came down and gently pressed him further into Lessie’s waiting cleavage. He shouted and fought against it, but as he shrunk the foot, and the force behind it, became larger and more powerful until he was shoved deep into the gap between the Lamia’s breasts. The last thing he saw was Sky playfully waving at him.

“I can’t say I approve of you treating our shared husband like that,” Severa said, crossing her arms.

“Yeah!” Phoebe called angrily, “you might be the queen, but he’s still important around here, or he’s important to me anyway, let him out!”

“Girls,” Lessie said with a smile, covering the crack of her cleavage with one hand, “he’s quite comfortable, and…” she waited for the shrunken human’s struggles to cease, “there we go, he’s accepting it.” She turned to the Pixy on her shoulder, “Thank you Sky.”

“What’s really going on with the humans? And their emperor” Phoebe asked angrily, “You said you wanted me to go see him? What if I won’t go without Gareth?”

“Then I’ll send Samantha,” Lessie replied arrogantly, “and if that doesn’t send the message, Severa here would more than-“

“I don’t think so,” The spider woman said fiercely, “Explain yourself Lessie, tell the girl we share a husband with exactly why you’re so hesitant to let Gareth go.”

The elder Lamia shot an angry glance at the Arachne, standing several times her height, and then at Lessie, still barely half it. She uncoiled herself slightly, allowing herself to relax.

“Phoebe,” she said slowly, “I have nothing but everyone’s best interest in mind.”

“I’m pretty sure you just shrank Gareth and shoved him down your tits so he wouldn’t hear this conversation,” Phoebe hissed, “I’m going to tell our husband everything, I don’t treat him like a pawn like you do.”

“I find the idea offensive,” Lessie said indignantly, “I care very much about Gareth, and that’s why I’m trying to keep him here!”

“Come on Lessie,” Severa said with a grin, “tell your worm and the mayfly what you think is going on back in the Imperial capital.”

“As much fun as it is to shrink the human, I’m curious too,” Sky said, letting herself tumble down the front of Lessie’s dress slightly.

“People are going missing in the Imperial City,” Lessie said slowly, “the young men in particular. I was thinking that whoever or whatever is behind this, it’s not after women and particularly not snake women. Phoebe or Samantha should be perfectly safe.”

“It makes sense,” Gareth shouted, forcing his way up through the giant breasts and defiantly rejoining the conversation, “but this is all so strange… the Imperial City should have the safest streets in the world! And the men are just vanishing?”

“That’s why we have humans popping up even all the way down here,” Lessie explained, “they’re running away rather than staying there. I’d go as far as to say that when Samantha is done questioning those men you captured, we’ll hear that’s where they came from.”

“How many people are we talking about?” the tiny human shouted, fighting to stay “afloat” in her massive cleavage.

“It’s difficult to say,” Lessie explained, sighing as she decided she wouldn’t be able to keep even the tiny sized Gareth out of the conversation, “one letter I intercepted said it was dozens of people every night, another said the entire matter is overblown and all street talk. It has to be a good number of them if they’re running all the way to our swamp though.”

“Why the secrecy?” Gareth demanded.

Lessie gave him a warm smile, “Oh Gareth, all of our tribe’s husbands are hale and true young men from the Empire, if you, if they, found out about this crisis, why you’d all be off in an instant to try to solve it. I can’t let the husbands I fought so hard to get here simply leave on a potentially dangerous adventure.”

“Then let ME go and solve it!” he protested.

Lessie shot Phoebe a look, scowling at the other Lamia’s angry expression. Severa just watched, a smirk on her face as she enjoyed Lessie’s discomfort.

“I’ll think on it,” Lessie said indignantly, “Pixy, Gareth still isn’t relaxed, help him out.”

Sky shrugged and fluttered her wings again, causing Gareth’s form to dwindle until he was no bigger than the Pixy’s toe, merely a speck to Lessie.

Seeing his continued struggles she grinned, “more,” she chuckled.

Sky’s eyes went wide, “Uh, he’s only as big as my toe, and I’m not really that big to start with-“ Lessie just gave her an expectant look. The Pixy bit her lip, and fluttered her wings again.

To Gareth the rain of gold was rapidly turning Lessie’s jiggling breasts into a true ocean, stretching out on either side of him. The enormous pixy towered over him; her pink toe alone easily larger than the house he’d grown up in. He gasped in shock as the giant toe lifted up, coming down on him and pressing him deep into the cavernous cleavage. This time she kept going, letting her leg go up to the knee as she forced the tiny human deep within the sea of Lessie’s breasts. There was a final brief flash of light as she withdrew, leaving him in the warm darkness.

He thought about trying to struggle his way upwards again, but at this size even the slightest movements were impossible. All he could hear was Lessie’s heartbeat, and his other senses were dominated by her too, the feel of her soft, warm, flesh pressing around him, the smell of the jasmine perfume she wore mixed slightly with her sweat… He went limp, letting the enormous breasts press around him, lulling him quickly to sleep.

“Phoebe,” Lessie said, satisfied that this time she’d well and truly trapped the tiny man, “if you wouldn’t mind going back to the village and-“

“And get some travel supplies ready?” Phoebe said, crossing her arms, “I will, for TWO, so be sure that Gareth is ready to go when I get back tomorrow.” With that she slithered back the way she’d come, Sky the pixy regarded the two larger giants for a moment, then buzzed after her, still trailing gold pixy dust.

“You have to let them go you know,” Severa said quietly. “You don’t really have a choice, even if something odd is happening in the Imperial city you can’t just ignore a request from their Emperor.”

Lessie was silent a moment, crossing her arms and staring down towards her cleavage where Gareth was still trapped. He was too small for her to feel now, and with the Pixy having left she’d probably have to simply pour an antidote in for him and hope for the best… though a part of her did consider simply leaving him in there, at least overnight.

“Lessie,” Severa said sternly, “if you don’t do the right thing and let Gareth go on this mission, I can always web you up for a few days to think it over.”

“I’m going to let them go!” Lessie snapped angrily, “It’s just…” she sighed, “those things I wanted you to write the archmages about, did you get favorable answers?”

Severa’s eyes briefly lit up, twinkling red in the low light as the conversation turned to magic, “Oh yes, almost everything you wanted can be done,” she regarded Lessie’s chest, where the tiny Gareth was, “If you have a volunteer that is…”

“I wanted to try to ease him into it,” Lessie muttered, “but I don’t think we have time. Do you have any pixy dust antidote ready?”

Gareth wasn’t sure how long he’d been out, but in spite of the circumstances it had been one of the best naps he’d ever had. He scowled and wondered if he was back to full size, judging by the floral scent coming off his skin someone had taken the liberty of washing him while he was asleep, and by the sticky spiderwebs holding him in place above the ground it had probably been Severa.

Confirming his suspicions, the pale pink hair entered his vision as she slowly descended, smiling warmly at him. Her face was enormous, as always, but not so enormous as it had been when Lessie had trapped him. He was back to normal size, he decided, or close enough.

“Hey sleepyhead,” She said with a small smile.

“Where’s Lessie?” he demanded angrily, “I’m going to the Imperial City, and I don’t care if she-“

“She’s come around,” Severa said, leaning in close and examining him with those ruby red eyes. “I sent her away though, you and I have some… work to do.”

He frowned, “What do you mean? Can you let me down at least?”

“No,” she sighed, “This is going to be easier if you’re held in place. In fact…” She reached for the mass of spiderthread on the wall behind him, casually pulling and manipulating threads until Gareth felt his arms and legs spread apart, leaving him splayed in an X shape.

“I don’t understand,” he said, pulling at the bonds slightly, “It’s not that I don’t like spending time with you Severa, but what do you mean we have work to do?”

“It’s something Lessie has wanted me to do to you for a long time now,” the Arachne explained. One of her spiderlike appendages reached up, poking him slightly up his chest and causing him to shiver from the sensation. Looking down he realized the enormous spider leg was dipped in some sort of ink, and had begun tracing a strange looking symbol across his chest.

“I’m not sure I’m in the mood for one of Lessie’s ideas right now,” Gareth said darkly.

“I understand completely,” Severa said, “but I think you should at least hear this one out.” He shivered as Severa’s enormous hand traced along his back, and he could feel her drawing more sigils, and she giggled slightly at his reaction, stopping to pinch his bottom with a fingers almost as long as his body.

“She’s had an idea for some time about improving your constitution with magic,” Severa explained. She scuttled away from him briefly, and he could see her dipping her inky fingers in a massive wash basin. As she returned to where she had him webbed up, he noticed that she was wearing a massive belt, filled with various tools he didn’t recognize.

“My constitution?” he questioned nervously.

“Mostly she has a series of enchantments, curses, and various spells she wants put on you,” Severa explained. “Things like making your bones a little stronger, making it so you can go longer without breathing…” she winked at him at that one, “oh, she also wants me to make some changes to your blood…”

“My blood!?” he exclaimed.

Severa paused, seeing his expression she smiled warmly and traced a giant finger down his cheek, “Gareth,” she whispered, “If this is all too frightening… say the word and I’ll cut you down from there, wash you off in the basin, and we can enjoy a night alone together. I’ll tell Lessie I refuse to do it.”

He breathed out slowly, looking up at the smiling face. Severa was a frightening figure, with those fangs and the multitude of glittering red eyes most men would be struck with terror at that expression, to say nothing of the immense size of the face itself… but he chuckled as he realized he found that grin reassuring.

“Do you know what you’re doing?” He asked finally, “none of this is going to deform me or anything?”

Severa frowned at him, “I ALWAYS know what I’m doing when it comes to magic Gareth, and while you’ll be getting some tattoos and maybe a small scar or two I can promise you’ll look the same at the end of this as you did going in.”

“Wait,” he said, “scars?”

She rolled her eyes, all of them, “don’t be a baby Gareth, it won’t hurt... much. You probably won’t feel a thing for most of it.” She grinned at him again, licking her lips as she leaned in and let her warm breath wash over his suspended body, “actually I take that back, you will feel a few things… a lot of these spells require the target to reach a certain… climax in order to take effect.”

He gulped, “Let’s get started then,” he rasped.

“Delightful!” Severa said, “you have no idea how excited I am to do this, now hold still…”

The giant Arachne leaned in, licking up the entirety of his body and coating him with her warm saliva. He shivered as it rapidly cooled, and she giggled, briefly checking the sigils over his body to make sure none of them had smeared. The giant mouth opened, and he felt the air go humid as she closed it over him. Even as his arms and legs remained bound she was able to manipulate him back and forth with her tongue, tasting every crevice of his body. He felt himself slide over her teeth suddenly, and he gasped in pain as those fangs, each one as thick as several fingers, jabbed down onto him unexpectedly. There was a burning sensation as they pumped the Arachne’s venom into the wounds. He tried to thrash away, but the webbing easily held him in place while she continued to poison him.

There was a twanging sound as she released him from her mouth, the threads holding him snapping back into place. He looked in shock at the two still bleeding wounds on his torso. One was up near his shoulder, the other was lower, near his hip. He looked to the spider-woman in shock, and with a wave of her hand the wounds seemed to seal up in front of him.

“Y-You bit me!” he said, gritting his teeth as he felt the fiery warmth of the venom spreading through him.

“Sorry about that,” She said, a look of genuine apology on her face, “but the Arachne venom has to go first, it has a very peculiar effect on males…”

He looked down and realized he had one of the strongest erections of his life, and as his mind started to cloud, he felt himself growing… amorous, he looked at her eagerly, wondering what she was going to do with it.

“Patience my trapped little fly,” she giggled, “we have another round of venom for you…” This time she produced an enormous needle, a syringe like the ones Gareth had seen field surgeons use, but scaled up to a size where the giant Arachne could use it. Even in his aroused and clouded state he felt apprehension. He shut his eyes, not wanting to see what she would do with it, and a moment later he felt the slightest pinch on his bottom, and heard Severa chuckle to herself at his reaction.

“Open your eyes Gareth, it’s gone.”

He did so, and breathed out a sigh of relief when he saw she’d told the truth.

“That was Lessie’s venom,” Severa explained, though it was getting hard to hear her as Gareth’s senses began going in and out, the second poison already rapidly spreading through his system.

“S-Severa,” he croaked, feeling his heart begin to slow.

She tapped his chest with one massive finger, and he breathed in as he felt his heart rate return to normal. His senses seemed to start coming back into focus as well, and he was once again reminded of his straining arousal, eagerly waiting, begging, for the giant arachne’s touch.

“I’ll be pumping your blood for you for the next few minutes,” Severa said. She quickly muttered an incantation and Gareth gasped as the lines drawn on his chest seemed to glow blue. “There we go… seems to be working.” She playfully touched the giant fingertip against his penis, laughing at his shiver, “now let’s complete our first spell…”

She brought her hand up and licked her thumb and forefinger. Bringing them back down to him the massive digits gently squeezed his manhood, causing him to gasp as Severa slowly rubbed back and forth. He realized that she was wrapping it in her webbing even as she stroked him, and soon his member was completely wrapped in the silky material. Keeping the threads attached she slowly pulled her hand away, manipulating the soft and silky wrapping with just a few twitches of her fingers, causing him to gasp with each miniscule movement.

“Poor little fly,” she teased, watching him writhe in pleasure, fighting in vain against her webbing, “the big bad spider is just playing with her food… and there’s nothing you can do!” she mockingly touched the side of her face, the movement of the threads causing Gareth to moan in pleasure. She grinned wickedly, and the tempo of her fingers picked up, the threads sliding over him faster and faster until he screamed loudly, the sound of his orgasm echoing down the cavernous passageways of her forest.

The lines on his chest flashed white, blinding him momentarily as he collapsed against the spider thread holding him in place. He was breathing heavily, trying to recover as the wave of bliss left him, when he noticed Severa moving closer again.

“Success!” she said excitedly.

“W-What was that supposed to do?” he asked weakly.

“I merged your blood with Lamia and Arachne venom,” she explained, “you should just naturally produce it now, you should be immune to it too.”

“It’ll be nice not to worry about startling Phoebe I guess,” he muttered, the green haired Lamia had accidentally bitten him before, never giving him more than a slight woozy feeling, “but why do I need poison blood?”

Severa shrugged, “As much as we love teasing you about it Gareth, none of us actually want to see anyone or anything try to eat you. The next person who takes a bite out of you is in for a nasty surprise.”

“That make sense I guess,” he said slowly, “is that it?”

Severa laughed loudly, “dear me no, we’ve got another twenty spells to run through, and we’ve got to do them all tonight.”

“Twenty!?” he asked in shock.

“That’s why the Arachne venom needed to come first,” she explained, “it won’t hurt you anymore, but it will keep you…” she giggled and pointed at his still erect cock, “ready…”

“Oh,” he said in awe.

“Yes, dangerous as it is Arachne venom is a very popular recreational substance,” Severa giggled, “now then, would you like to improve your reflexes or your eyesight next? We do need to get all of these done tonight so they work with one another, but we can do the rest in any order we want!”

“Uhh,” he gulped, “you choose?”

“Good choice fly, you might make it out of this spider’s web yet!” Those ruby eyes flashed as she smiled, and Gareth steeled himself for the rest of their evening together.

When he woke up again, he was coiled tightly by a scaly green tail, “Phoebe,” he murmured, blinking as her smiling face came into view, “when did you get here?”

“A few hours ago,” she said sweetly, squeezing him tighter as she coiled around him more. “You looked so happy sleeping there, I just wrapped you up to keep you comfy.”

“Thanks,” he laughed, struggling to push his way out of her grip.

She seemed to frown, and suddenly she tightened her grip on him further. He wasn’t sure what she was playing at, but he gritted his teeth and doubled his own efforts to escape.

She let up suddenly, “wow,” she whispered excitedly, “you really are tougher now!”

“Thanks,” he said, finally stumbling away from her. He noticed his clothing hanging from some of Severa’s spider thread, and walked over to it to get dressed.

“I mean it!” she said, “I squeezed you so hard that it would normally have broken all your bones!”

He paused, “Really?” he asked incredulously. It hadn’t felt like THAT strong of a hug.

“Oh yeah!” she giggled, “Lessie told me that Severa was doing some stuff to you… is that part of it?”

“I guess,” he muttered.

There was a sudden pink blur flying by him, instinctively his hand darted out, and he heard a squeal of pain as he casually snatched the pixy out of the air. He blinked and realized he was holding one of her translucent wings between two fingers.

“Sky!” He exclaimed, “by the gods, I’m so sorry! It was an accident!” he released her, and her normally smooth flying was wobbly as she struggled to flutter onto his shoulder.

“OW!” she muttered as he gingerly touched it, “Gods Gareth you almost pulled it out! You’re lucky these grow back!” She crossed her arms and looked at his face, “you’re getting such a shrinking later…”

“Looking forward to it,” he muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Gareth,” Lessie greeted with a nod, slithering into view as she joined them.  

“Severa says you’re not going to try to stop Phoebe and I from going to the Imperial City?” he asked, buttoning his shirt up.

“No,” she said, crossing her arms, “I… I’m sorry I was acting irrational the other day.” She looked at a circular tattoo on the back of his thigh with a frown, her eyes lingering on it before he pulled his pants on. “The things Severa did to you… that I asked her to do to you… they didn’t hurt too badly, did they?”

“Nothing too terrible,” he assured her.

“That’s good to hear,” he looked up and saw Severa perched on the ceiling of the chamber, her massive legs splayed around her. “I was keeping an eye on you while you slept,” she said with a smile, “just to make sure everything was reacting as I expected…”

“This is so cool,” Phoebe said, looking over him eagerly, “What does the tattoo do Severa?”

“He has three now,” she said demurely, “one should prevent demonic possessions, another will let me track where he is at all times, and the last one is a sort of calling card, letting everyone know Gareth is my husband.” Seeing his confused look she chuckled, “I don’t typically deal with demons or deities, but enough of them know who I am that you might get lucky and run into something that owes me a favor someday. Also, it will let you talk to spiders.”

“Talk to spiders?” He asked, looking up at her quizzically. “Do they… have a lot to say?”

“Oh of course not,” she said, waving a hand dismissively, “they’re just a step above bugs Gareth, still it might make a fun party trick.”

“And on that note,” Lessie said firmly, “you should go to the Emperor’s party, make a good impression for our kingdom, and then come home. You don’t need to be the ones to solve this matter with the disappearances, and if you SHOULD learn anything, the Empire has it’s own soldiers that can handle it!”

 “I won’t be hiding in an inn the whole time I’m there,” Gareth said defiantly, “but… we’ll be careful.”

“I’ve chartered you a ship,” she said coolly, “I told them you’d build a fire and wait for them on the southern shore. You’re also taking the Pixy with you.”

“Sky?” Gareth asked, looking at the tiny woman perched on his shoulder, “sure, the more the merrier.”

“Just so you know, if you get in over your head I’m supposed to make you tiny and fly off with you,” Sky said with a smile.

“As we discussed,” Lessie said with a nod to the pixy.

“One last thing,” Severa said, her massive form lowered, suspended by several strands of silk. She reached down and her massive fingertip extended towards Gareth, a gold object dangling on the end of it. He took it hesitantly, seeing that it was a gold necklace with a ruby set in the center.

“It’s enchanted,” she explained, “when you are holding it, you can talk to me.”

“Thanks,” he said, putting the necklace in his travel bag, “I guess we can update you on things as we go.”

“It does one other thing,” Severa said, looming over them, “it’s quite durable, but if you close the red gem in your fist it will break like an egg. If you do this, it will instantly summon me to you, no matter where in the world you are.”

“Wow,” he breathed, looking down at the necklace again, “t-that’s teleportation, right? That’s some of the most difficult magic in the world, and you’re so big…”

“Indeed,” she snapped, “which is why I’m telling you right now that it is a last resort. Do not use it unless all of you are about to die otherwise, and by the gods Gareth I’m one hundred feet tall, if it does come down to it, try to use it in an open area.”

“Got it,” he said warily, lowering the necklace into his travel sack.

“Your ship leaves tomorrow morning,” Lessie said, “you’d best be on your way.”

“Tomorrow morning!?” Gareth protested, hefting his pack, “there’s no way we can make it all the way to the shore by then, the swamp just gets harder to traverse the closer you get to the water and-“

“Hmm…” Lessie said thoughtfully, “I suppose you’re right, Sky? Gareth needs to be small enough for Phoebe to carry him.”

“I just got dressed,” he muttered, feeling his clothes begin to loosen as the bright gold ball of the pixy flew overhead.

Phoebe hummed happily to herself as she picked up his clothes and weapons, tossing them in his travel bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Looking down at the naked human she smiled, plucking him up gently before slipping him into her own backpack. He grunted as he tumbled inside, bouncing off her various shirts and dresses. Finally he came to rest on what he recognized as a large white brassier. Just a small amount of light still crept in after Phoebe tied the top of the pack shut, hefting his alongside hers for the journey.

“Just relax!” she said reassuringly, “I can move through the swamp way faster than you can Gareth. We’ll unshrink you as soon as we reach the shore!” She turned to Severa and Lessie

“Farewell,” Severa said with a wave, watching Lessie slither away.

“I can’t help but feel I’m making a mistake,” Lessie muttered.

“They can handle themselves,” Severa said firmly.

“And what do we do if they can’t?” Lessie asked quietly.

Severa shrugged, “I guess you find another handsome younger man with royal connections to marry you?”

The Lamia Queen just stared daggers at the Arachne, who laughed in response.

Phoebe slithered through the swamp, Sky riding on her shoulder as she went. They had a lot of ground to cover, even for a Lamia in a swamp, and although Phoebe wouldn’t say it to his face, she was glad the pixy had shrunk Gareth so she wouldn’t be slowed down by him.

“Hey,” the Pixy said, once they were far away from Severa’s fortress, “just so you know, I told Lessie I’d try to keep you guys out of trouble, but if you want to go on a dangerous adventure or go drinking and gambling once we get to the city, I’m totally in.”

“Oh! That’s wonderful!” Phoebe said cheerfully, “I thought as much, you don’t really strike me as the cautious type.”

“Nope,” Sky said with a laugh, “hey, I’m going to go check on our passenger.”

Phoebe rolled her eyes, “okay, but those are my clothes in there… try not to make any messes!”

“No promises!” the Pixy giggled as she fluttered up and over the Lamia’s shoulder. She easily slipped under the backpack’s flap, dropping down into the clothing below.

Gareth was lounging in the cup of Phoebe’s brassier, trying to relax, when Sky’s pink face appeared from behind one of the shirts above him.

“Hey Gareth,” she said seductively, slipping her way down to him at the bottom of the backpack.

“Oh,” he said, sitting up, “Hi Sky, did you get tired of flying or something?”

“Or something,” she giggled, lowering herself down to him.

As always, she’d shrunk him to just a head shorter than herself, giving him five inches of height to her six. She could have let him at least be equal in size to her of course, but for the tiny pixy, always being surrounded by giants, it was a thrill to get to look down on someone now and then, particularly someone as cute as Gareth.

“Rub my wing,” she demanded, turning around and crossing her arms. She sighed happily as he obeyed, the sore tendon where it met her flesh starting to heal from the harsh tug he’d accidentally given it earlier.

“Hey,” he said, realizing there was something on his hand, “the base of your wings… isn’t this where your-“

“Pixy dust comes from?” She asked with a smirk, “yeah…”

He hurriedly tried to wipe the material off his hand, but it was too late, Sky was growing taller right in front of him. Finally he managed to smudge the gold material off on the fabric at the side of the backpack, but when Sky turned back around he was eye to eye with her chest.

“Tsk tsk tsk,” Sky said with a smirk, “humans are so rude, staring right at a girl’s tits like that…”

“What?” he laughed, he was onto this game now, she wasn’t down here to get her sore wing rubbed.

“It’s okay Gareth, I’ll let you see them.”  

Sky reached behind herself, pulling a few strings and causing her makeshift leafy outfit to fall to her feet. She stepped out of it and kicked it towards the other clothes in the backpack. With a grin she ran a hand over her body, stopping around the darker pink of her nipples, and the patch of deep violet hair between her legs.

“I know, I know,” she said with a teasing sigh, “not the biggest ones you’ve ever seen.”

“They look pretty good to me,” he breathed.

“I can tell,” she said, her eyes tracing down with a grin, “The spider says you should have more endurance now… I guess we’ll see.” She stepped forward and pushed him down roughly, causing his smaller form to tumble down into Phoebe’s brassier cup again.

The amazon sized pixy mounted him, her breasts hanging over him as she placed an arm down on each side of him. He grunted as he felt her wetness envelop him, her hips forcing their way down onto his slowly. She sighed happily, and then began to thrust in earnest, picking up the tempo as she rode the small human.

“Oh yeah!” she called with a laugh, holding him in place as she ravished him, “that’s right human boy, you’re mine now!” Her wings fluttered excitedly behind her, seeming to increase in speed almost to a buzz as her arousal built.

Sweat began to build on both of them as they continued their lovemaking in the hot confines of Phoebe’s backpack, her clothes being jostled and falling around them in the low light. Gareth tried his best to thrust back at her, and part of him thought that, even at the pixy’s Amazonian size, he could maybe get on top and control the tempo, but every attempt just made her laugh and pin him down, continuing the movement of her own hips.

“I don’t think so!” she laughed at his latest attempt, hugging him against her even as they tumbled through the giant clothing, “You!” another thrust, “are a pixy’s toy!” she laughed, “does that make you feel small? Weak?”

“Y-Yes!” he shouted, guessing the answer she wanted, “it makes me feel small, pathetic even!”

“Good!” Sky beamed, “and there’s no getting away! I’m going to keep you small forever! You’re never going to be higher than a pixie’s shoulder ever again human!” she groaned as she hugged him close, her body quaking as she came, “you’re going to be my toy FOREVER!” she screamed, and as she did, they both reached climax together, her wings buzzing so quickly it was a like a brief cooling breeze washed over him.

It would have been refreshing, if he didn’t realize it carried a torrent of golden pixy dust. He gasped and struggled it Sky’s grip, but it was too late as the material washed over him. The Pixy grew larger, holding him against her sweaty pink skin while he dwindled, his manhood sliding out of her with a slick sound. Luckily, he didn’t get as small as he’d feared. Most of the material had landed around them, not on his bare skin.

“Ah, that was nice,” Sky breathed, ruffling his hair as she hugged him close. He probably wouldn’t even come up to her bellybutton now if they stood next to each other, and she treated him like a stuffed bear as she adjusted her position against the piled clothing on the bottom of the backpack. “Thanks for playing along with all that pathetic human this and that stuff,” she said.

“No problem,” he mumbled, still enjoying the afterglow of his orgasm. “I don’t really mind being roughed up a little,” he grinned, “not by you ladies anyway…”

“Yeah,” Sky said with a smile, “you really took to this whole “marrying-a-bunch-of-monsters” thing pretty well…”

Her giant hand traced down his body, and she cupped his groin possessively, feeling him grow hard against her hand once more.

“Hmm…” she mused, “yeah, you definitely have more stamina than a normal human male now, not that you were a slouch before.” She grinned, “I think you might end up even smaller before we get where we’re going.”

“I’d expect no less,” he chuckled.

Phoebe continued slithering through the swamp, listening to the occasional squeaks and cries of pleasure coming from the backpack over her shoulder. She giggled to herself and occasionally jostled it, a little rougher than was maybe necessary, enjoying the startled cries as the tiny passengers found themselves thrown about. She picked up her pace, hoping to reach the shore with time to spare so that she could play a few games of her own with their human husband.

Chapter End Notes:

I finally got around to picking up these characters again. This arc might have some other types of monstergirls and fantasy races, the Imperial City is a cosmopolitan hub after all.