- Text Size +

Walking over to the city’s edge, Kelly peered down disdainfully upon it. She imagined the helpless microbes staring up at her majesty, pleading for mercy. Others were no doubt darting around frantically, looking for some escape, some salvation from their imminent demise. But there would be none. She would make sure of that.

Curious as to what Kristin must have felt, Kelly placed the toe of her foot down on the edge of the city. She was still wearing her shoes from work, open-toed high heels, and she crushed a few square miles of suburbs underneath their flat tread. She twisted the ball of her foot and ground it in place, wiggling her toes, not so much to cause destruction, but rather to intimidate the microns. She knew they would have to look high in the sky just to see over her shoes, and above that lay her lovely, enormous toes, thousands of feet tall, and wiggling with little or no effort back and forth like five moons. And above her toes stood the rest of her, incomprehensibly large and decidedly destructive. Oh yes, the people would fear her, for however long they had left to live.

Realizing that she couldn’t actually feel much with her shoes still on, Kelly stepped back from the city and kicked her shoes off. As she removed them, the slap of her bare feet against the tile floor sent tremors through the city. She stepped towards the edge of town, stopping less than an inch from it to wiggle her toes. They were unpainted (she cared little for her appearance), but the lack of adornments made them no less imposing.

She picked up her right foot and swept it over the city, kicking up several thousand mites with her wind currents and blowing them all over town. Her ball and heel sheared the top stories off some of the tallest buildings as she moved it back and forth swiftly. Finally, she brought it back next to her left and set it down outside of town again.

She was waiting, savoring the anticipation and relishing the terror of the tinies. Then she slowly, deliberately, picked up her right foot, moved it about a foot forward, and allowed it to hover over several suburbs. She held it there for what seemed like an eternity, casting its shadow down onto the tens of thousands of tinies beneath her like an executioner’s axe. Then she slowly, methodically, agonizingly lowered it, feeling each structure crumble beneath its weight as it slowly settled onto the city. She felt the tingle of tiny buildings collapsing, hundreds of homes and businesses being destroyed by her foot, until it finally came to rest.

“Guess that’s one small step for a woman,” she giggled, biting her lip with a smirk. To her knowledge, this was the first time she had ever giggled. “And one giant ‘Oh, sh*t!’ for all you tinies.”

She suddenly and without warning lifted her other foot high above the city, miles into the air, and slammed it down with all the force she could manage. Tens of thousands were vaporized by the force, and thousands more were blown away by the gust of wind, some on top of her toes. The sudden brutality of her stomp was exhilarating, and she fired a glance over at Brooke as she rasped, “Kristin had no idea how good she had it.”

Brooke had been watching Kelly excitedly for the past few moments, and now as her excitement begin to wane she stood impatiently as Kelly stomped on the city, dragging her feet through it and kicking parts of it into the air. Brooke was bored, and was beginning to realize that she had had no interaction with city itself beyond the brief taste she had gotten of it back in chapter 4. Jealous, she moved to put an end to her roommate’s tirade, not out of concern for the millions of tinies, but simply because it was her turn.

“Hey! Leave some for me!” she pouted.“

Sorry, Brooke,” Kelly grunted between lustful gasps. “Knock yourself out.” With that she stepped out of the city, careful to drag her toes as much as possible to collect a few thousand people onto her toenails.

Brooke moved over to the city and glared down on it much as her roommate just had. She had been waiting for this city to arrive for a long time. And she was going to make the most of it.