- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I forgot to mention. The growth can be a little slow but Dwayne will not be having any sexual interactions when she is young.

This is now written by me, thegreatrizzo
“What to do? What to do?” Your mind is racing about what to do. Sarah’s mom can’t be reached and you can’t find any information about her doctor. You are tapping your fingers on the kitchen counter as Sarah drinks her water. She can tell that you’re nervous which adds to her nervousness. You are not being a good babysitter to her if you are not able to calm her from that random visible growth spurt. You needed to make the growth spurt sound as natural as possible to ease her uneasiness.

“Do you know where that growth chart is by chance? I want to tell you mother how much you have grown.”

“Mhmm.” She nodded after she finished her water. She puts her cup down and walks past you. You follow as she goes to a desk and pulls out a sheet of paper for you.

“Thank you. This should tell us if your growth was normal.” You sounded confident to reassure her. Your wording could have been better. Don’t question the growth as unnatural. She gave you a small smile that looked very cute as your words, although not the best way to say it, seemed to calm her a little bit. Which is great, because you are still a little nervous, but you had to keep a confident appearance for her. You look over the sheet for info about height and about a doctor. There is no doctor info but there is something about a height. “Does your mom have a place to measure your height?”

“Yes, my bedroom door.” She murmured. She sounded very embarrassed by that. She probably didn’t want to show you her room. She liked showing you stuff from her room, toys and such, but never wanted to show you her room.

“Let’s go to your room then.” You should have guessed that her mom would have done the classical measuring tool of measuring the kid against the door post. You offered her your hand so that the both of you could go together. “I am sure you have a nice room.”

Sarah lit up at that last comment. You had hit the right note. She was embarrassed about her room like you thought but through encouragement she wasn’t so much. The confirmation for that was her happily grabbing your hand and bringing it close to her. You were taken back for a second but you recollect yourself as Sarah looks up and gives you a big smile. She looks absolutely adorable right now with blue eyes staring at you like a pretty clear blue lake.

“Uh, let’s go then.” You start walking to her room. You know you are going to say that her room is nice and pretty no matter what it is like but that is not the problem. You are a little nervous with how clingy Sarah is to you. You know that she is extremely shy around people and that you seemed to be the only person that she seems to be able to act somewhat normal around, besides her mother which she behaves normally. This seems more obsessive, like that she had become attached to you more than just your arm.

“We are here.” You say as you open her door.

The room was the room of a typical young girl. Stuffed animals and dolls piled in a corner with other sorts of toys scattered on the floor. A small desk for her to work on and play, including a small tablet. A white dresser with little unicorns on it. A closet that seemed to hide more of her toys. A low queen size bed so she could climb up, the most unusual part of the bedroom. All of this was toppled in a bright pink room with butterflies scattered along the wall.

“It is a very nice room. I like the butterflies.” You complimented her room. Sarah swayed herself side to side slightly as your words brought relief and happiness to her. She was no longer thinking about her growth spurt. She was just glad that you didn’t find her room weird but that it looked nice.

“I see that we have the markings right here.” You pointed to the door frame that had little ticks for her height. “We can check your height with this.”

“Uh huh.” She agreed. She moved over to the frame and pressed her back against it. Her worry about the previous and sudden growth spurt was gone. She actually wanted you to measure her height now. You get a tape measure and pencil to mark her height. Stepping down your knee, you line the pencil above her head as she is proud of her growth.

“Steady.” You prolong that word as you begin to mark her height against the door frame.

“There!” You marked the door frame.

Just at the moment, with the pencil point still on the wall, she grew again. This time, you knew for sure that your eyes were not playing a trick on you. The pencil was pushed up about two inches from where you started. You also had been holding her shoulder with a single hand as you measured her and that hand went up and you felt her shoulder expand in your palm. Her blue eyes rise up, looking straight into your own eyes, at the same level when you are down on your knees while measuring.

“You grew again.” You sounded startled. This was definitely not a normal growth spurt, something was going on. You didn’t know what was causing it and that was making you worry. “That is weird.”

All the confidence that Sarah accumulated, vanished. The concern that she had at first came crashing back down harder than before on her as you said those last words. She bolted from your hands to her bed.

“Whoa!” You were caught off guard by the sudden burst. She flew to her bed, landed, and curled herself up in her blanket so that you couldn’t see her.

“Damn it.” You knew you messed up with your words there. You built up her confidence by saying that her room looked nice but you demolished it by saying that her strange growth was weird. That probably equates to her saying that she was a freak or something with the combination of the confusion of her strange growth. It would be something sensitive to her being shy and all for you, the one she could hangout around, to say it.

“Sigh” You look at the pencil markings on the door frame. You saw the trail of the pencil rising to where she grew to. You measure the first mark and it reads 48 inches, then the second and it reads 50 inches. She had been on the small side of things but now she was back to the average height for her age from the chart. You would be glad that she has grown to match her classmates but the abrupt growth was alarming. You are begging that Sarah’s mom gets your voicemail and calls you back. You just have to stay calm at this moment when you want to panic.

“I guess I have to say something.” You whisper to yourself as you stand up. It might be a good time to worry but you can’t show that to a little girl that is scared and sad. You have to keep it in and hold a brave face with her nearby. You can panic and worry later.

“Now, now, Sarah.” You walked over to the bundle up Sarah and sat down next her. You can’t see her and she can’t see you but you can hear each other.

“There is nothing to be afraid about. Everyone grows at their own pace, some more than others.”

“Go away” Sarah sniffled underneath the blankets. She was sad and scared. She used a very serious tone that you were not used to. She was normally very shy about her emotions. You guess that you needed to rethink your strategy.

“Sorry, it is true though. I was shorter a few years ago, though you probably don’t remember it, pretty short compared to my friends.” You decide to go with a personal story. Show her that growing was natural, even though it was through your puberty years that you grew. “All of my friends grew past me leaving me behind, shorter than them. All of a sudden, I started to grow and soon I caught up to my friends and surpassed some of them in a short span. That is how I got to my height today.”

There was silence from Sarah.

“This was all in the short span that I grew really fast.” You put your hand on the bundled up Sarah. “I grew about a foot in that short time.”

“Really?” Sarah spoke up, curious about your story. It seemed to be comforting to her.

“Yep, I grew really fast.” She probably didn’t know about puberty so I was just going to leave that out and say you grew fast. “I was a late bloomer, someone who grows late. I am pretty sure that you are just an early bloomer. That happens as well.”

Sarah shook underneath her blankets for a second. You didn’t know what that meant but you continued.

“Everyone goes through a growth spurt we just don’t know when but after it does, the people look pretty good afterwards. The process can be weird though but that is part of growing.” You needed to make up for the weird comment and you were sure that this would get her out. “I think I look pretty good after mine. I am sure that you will look very beautiful too.”

With that, Sarah lifted the blanket off herself. She looked up at you with a little red around her eyes from tears, contrasting her pale skin. She seemed very happy with the words that you said. She rubbed one of her eyes with a sniffle before she asked.

“You think so…”

You couldn’t say anything for a second. For Sarah, underneath the blankets, had grown a little more and she no longer looked like she was eight years old but instead was ten years old. She had more than just grown taller, she had grown older.

“Uh, huh.” You nod. Startled by the surprising growth, you remained calm. “I believe that you will be very pretty.”

The two of you talked for a little bit. You encouraged the young maiden so that she was no longer scared. Sarah clung to you and every word you said. You were her shining knight.

“I want you to get a good night's rest, okay?” You say as you begin to close the door after all the discussion.

“I will.” Sarah beamed as she pulled the covers over most of her currently ten year old body. She snuggled up real tight as all her previous worry was swept away by your kind words.

“Good,” You turned off the light as the door closes behind you. “Have a good night, see you tomorrow.”

You hear the click of the door, notifying you that the door is closed. You wait a moment to see if you can hear rustling within just in case Sarah tries to play with her toys before bed. You hear nothing and you presume that she is trying to go to sleep. You walk down the hallway a little bit, glad that you got her into bed.

“Oh my gosh!”

You fall down on your knees and put your hands behind your head as the panic starts to come over you. You had been keeping it pretty chill for minutes, cheering up Sarah about her sudden growth spurt, but you were freaking out on the inside. Now that you are no longer near her, all that worry was crashing down on you. How does one grow six inches in one night? How does someone age two years in an evening? What is causing her to grow? Is it in the water? Am I going to grow? What the hell is going on?

“I am sure that you will find answers soon enough. I mean she just grew two years tonight. Who says she is not going to grow more tonight? She could be a granny tomorrow? I am just glad that she is panicking anymore, else this would make everything worse if she broke down mentally.”

You mumble to yourself crouched on the floor about different scenarios with wide eyes. Nothing in your life prepares you for this, having to keep a girl happy while she is randomly changing age and size rapidly.

“I know.” You tilt your head up. “I am sure that this has happened to somebody else. I will check the internet for help.”

You stand up as you receive new courage, the mighty internet will give you an answer. You stroll confidently to the main room where the neighbors family computer is located. You login and begin your search for an answer.

“Let us see if anyone else has this issue.” You type away.

After two hours of searching, nothing with a grain of truth about rapidly growing children that explains this. You ignored fiction stories and focused on accounts of their children growing quickly over time or they have big children in general. None of them has one growing six inches in a night.

“You have got to be kidding me.”

You spin around and walk directly to the couch. You are losing hope in finding an answer to your problem, Sarah’s problem. You fall face first into a pillow on the couch in dismay. You can’t seem to find any answers about what is going on with Sarah. You conclude that the best answer is to wait for tomorrow and take her to a doctor. They’ll know for sure what is going on.

That is when you look up with a sigh. That was your best answer for now. That is until you saw your bag open with your phone in it. You see the light of a notification for a new message.

“What do we have here?” You reach out to your phone to check what message you have received.
Chapter End Notes:
What message did Dwayne receive?