- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Theo is curious.  He's just gotta know.

Theo woke up and sure enough, his neck hurt like hell. He hadn't even had a chance to wonder if the experience with the giant girls was real. The pain and stiffness confirmed it immediately. The pain, the stiffness, and the ceilings twenty feet above him.

Then, there was the shower. The shower was a bit of an adventure. Like the door, it was rigged so he could operate it. But the nozzle was ten feet above his head. When he turned it on, it was a deluge. He also couldn't reach to change the angle. He was gonna have to get a fix for this soon. The last thing he needed was a shower that created anxiety.

Theo stepped out of his room into the apartment. It was a little after ten. He found Gen watching TV, laying on the couch.

She sat up when she saw him.

“Good morning, Genevieve,” he said to the high school girl.

She waved. “Did you get your room set up? Do you need anything?”

Theo preferred to bring the shower situation to Camille, so he told her “I’m all set, thanks.”

But when he stepped into the kitchen, and the counters were eight feet high, she asked, “Can I make you coffee?” That, he was okay with.

Actually, since she was a mere ten feet and change, she had to stand on stools to get into place, too. But unlike Theo, who was still sore and groggy, she was much more appropriate to handling a three gallon coffee pot at the moment.

Gen stood up and it happened again, that disorientation that you get when your eyes don't quite believe it. And as his eyes followed her all the way up, a mild pain shot through the back of his neck.

Theo noticed a step stool in the corner of the kitchen, by the pantry. It was a little bigger than ideal. There was maybe sixteen inches between steps.

He put his hand under the back and tried to lift. It was heavy. It was made to support women who weighed God knows how much... A thousand pounds? More? But he could move it just enough. It might work for some of these “little” issues he was running into.

“You want it black?” Gen asked him.

“I like cream, I could take or leave sugar.”

She served him the coffee in a shot glass. Which was a fair approximation of coffee cup size, perhaps a little deeper. My God, Theo thought, the liquor these women must put away.

Gen said, “I want to ask you something. But I don't want Camille to know I asked.”

Theo looked up at Gen. He could see she was a bit embarrassed but undeterred. “Why do you want to hide it from your sister?”

“Because it's kinda stupid, and not my business. And maybe it'll make you self conscious.”

“Are you going to ask me how tall I am?”

“I mean, technically I haven't asked yet so if you told me on your own...”

Theo sighed, and rubbed his neck.

“Never mind, Theo. It's stupid.”

“No, it's just curiosity. I understand, it's just strange to meet a bunch of pretty girls and they're just fascinated by how incredibly small I am.”

He looked up at Gen, and she was smiling. She was actually blushing. Theo felt he was sending the wrong vibe. “Honestly I'm dying to know myself, how tall you are.”

Gen said, “I’m three twenty two, maybe

Twenty three.”

“Three twenty three what?”

“Centis. Centimeters.”

He looked up at her. He had always seen two meters as really tall. The sixteen year old girl was three and a quarter meters tall.

Sixteen. Three meters, and another quarter on top of that. That was about ten feet, seven inches. He saw there was some pride there. He shook his head.

“I'm still growing, obviously.” She shrugged and said something under her breath. “Bee Gee, Gee Bee.”

“Just... wow.” He took his giant shot glass and walked to the couches. He climbed up the riser and sat down with the little guy sized couch.

Gen followed him, sitting in the riser below him. “No fair, Theo, come on.”

Theo sighed again. It was weird to be embarrassed about it. He wasn't even really short. But to tell one of these giantesses... He did the math in his head. “Five feet, ten inches. That's one seventy eight.”

She put her hand to her mouth, smiling. He thought for a minute she might laugh, which would probably make him mad. “And that's it, right? Not even growing another centimeter?”

“Not significantly, no. I mean how much longer do you expect to grow?”

“We’ll, boys where I’m from, they get big early, like thirteen, but they're done growing by sixteen or seventeen. Girls only start the real growth about fifteen, that’s when I got my jump. We grow all the way through our mid twenties. Grow a lot.”

“Good God...You're almost double my height already. And you're gonna keep growing another decade?”

“Cami is over four fifty. She’s in her three jump. A jump is what we call the growth spurts a girl gets, she’s finishing her third.”

Camille was just finishing a growth spurt? It was insane. It's not like he hadn't expected it. But the numbers still amazed him.

“But, Roxanne?” Gen said, with a dramatic flourish... “Oh, my God, Roxanne...”

“Roxanne?” The voice came from behind them. Camille was up. She came out of her bedroom with a top that was too small for her curves, and hung away from her smooth belly. Her hips flared out so wide it very nearly looked like double her waist. That was how she was built, sweeping curves. Her knees seemed small compared to the thick quads that swelled out as big as Theo's shoulders. Above that was the beautiful face, looking less than happy.

Gen stood up, moving away from Theo. “We were just talking.”

Theo jumped in, “Hey I’m sorry, but I was just curious. It's stupid, but midget that I am,” Theo chuckled self effacingly , “I was really curious about just how tall you guys are. I shouldn't have asked.”

Camille looked at him. He could see suspicion on her face. “I understand how you'd be curious. I just don't want her to scare you about Roxanne since they do that whole frenemy thing.”

Gen said “I like Roxanne!”

Camille waved a finger at her sister. “When she was shorter than you, you loved Roxanne. Now sometimes, your envy gets to you.”

“Oh, whatever.”

“It’s my fault Camille,” He stood up, and hopped off the riser. “This is still new, I'm adjusting.” He looked over at Gen, who was hopeful that his attempt to take the blame would work.

He approached Camille. His brain started sending out alarms as he got closer. About twelve feet away, his feet refused to take him directly in front of her.

The vaguely annoyed giantess took two steps toward him and he experienced a sudden vertigo. He audibly heard himself gulp. It was so loud he was thinking she heard it too. But he fought backing up.

If she was really angry, there was absolutely zero he could do to defend himself here. She wasn't just strong like a person, this woman was strong like construction equipment.

Theo asked, “What do you mean ‘scare me’ about Roxanne?”

Camille said, “Well, Roxanne is big. Really big, at least for her age. Already way taller than I am, only one jump so far.”

“She's just. Seven. Teen.” Gen chimed in, showing just how impressed she herself was by Roxanne’s size. There was more than a little envy in her voice. “Her jump lasted like two years.”

“It wasn’t two years,” Camille mused, “ but it was supposedly the all time record.”

“She was teeny three years ago. Like not much taller than you.” Gen sounded like she was pleading God for some sense of fairness. “Now they call her ‘Kaiju’.”

Teeny, she says, not much taller than you.

Theo chuckled. The smallest was double is height. The tallest was nicknamed Kaiju, like the giant city destroying monsters in n old Japanese movies. And they were all. Still. Getting. Bigger.

Theo asked Camille on impulse, “If you grow until your mid twenties... how tall is your mother?”

“Mom?” Gen answered. She looked at Camille, thoughtful for a moment. “Five ninety seven, right?”

Camille nodded in agreement.

“Holy shit,” Theo put his head in his hands and shook it. “I'm just imagining my mom at twenty feet tall. I don’t think I’m sleeping tonight.”

“Mom could throw me around the yard and the other four of us together wouldn't even slow her down. I’m barely as tall as her boobs. Thing is, my mom, she's full grown. Roxanne is already closing in on that size with a lot of growing in front of her.”

Gem snorted. “Like, way in front of her.”

“Alright, Gen. Lay off her, Roxanne will be here in a couple of days, I don't want to die trying to pull her off you.”

“C’mon Cami. She’s my best friend.”

Camille sighed, dropped her head like she was exhausted. She turned to look at Theo.

“You and I need to get breakfast. I know a place.”

A warm late summer morning in the Atlasian village was alive with giants. Not empty streets with the occasional tall guy wandering alone, but vibrant, filled with these towering figures Theo dreaded being somewhere in the dating pool as his competition. The women came in smaller numbers, but probably had a significant edge in total body mass.

They weren’t all as lushly built as Camille. Some were slender, some were quite thick, some bordered on muscle bound. But they were mostly athletic, mostly leaned toward busty, and most started at about twelve feet and only got bigger from there.

In fact, there was logo or acronym he noticed setting on the girls’ tee shirts. The fourth time he saw it he asked Camille about it.

“What is BGGB stand for?”

Camille smiled down at him. “That’s the Atlasian girl motto. Or Maxim or whatever. This thing we say. Just Atlasian girls, now. Don’t say it yourself, it sounds offensive coming from outsiders. Even the boys don’t say it.”

“Okay,” he said, deciding not to ask again. But now he was twice as curious.