- Text Size +

Dan arrived home from feeling exhausted and drained. It wasn't from the job itself, but rather from his bosses and co-workers. He hadn't told anyone at his company about what was happening with Valerie and Dana, so when his friend from work came that morning, and saw Valerie, he spread the word as soon as he clocked in.


So as a result, very little was accomplished work wise. Instead, Dan spent most of his shift answering questions from his fellow workers. What started out as an amusing exercise, especially when seeing the guys reactions to his description of his wife, had become a tiresome drag by the time he clocked out, as it was all his work shift could talk about.


Valerie could see the look on his face, and came over to him, bending down to kiss him. She knew what his answer would be, but asked him how his day was. 


Dan stuck his tongue out at her and gave her raspberries. Then he proceeded to describe his day, and all the questions he was asked and answered. 


He could see a funny look come over Val’s face. He decided to immediately try to lighten the mood. He asked her if they should charge 10 dollars? 20 dollars? She didn't get his joke right away, then gave him a weak smile. He went up and hugged her, telling her that he loved her more than the day he married her. And then gave her a pat on her rear end.


Dana had come out of her room and gave her father a hug, telling him about her day, and how wonderful Matt was. Dan looked at his wife, who just gave him a wink, and went back to cooking dinner. 


Dinner was kind of subdued. Dana was still talking about Matt, while Dan could sense something was bothering Val. He kept reaching over to hold her hand, but it didn't seem to make a difference.


Once dinner was finished, the everything cleaned up, Dana grabbed the phone and went to her room, while Val told Dan that she had a headache, and wanted to make it an early night. He asked her if she wanted to talk about what was bothering her, but she said no.


So Val went to bed while Dan watched a little TV. He was thinking about how her mood had changed when he came home and described his day. He turned the TV off, and headed for his room, knocking on Dana’s door to remind her that it was time for bed.


Dan slid into bed next to Val, who was asleep. She had her back to him, so he decided to give her a rub. Since she had grown, there was much more of her to explore. He just whispered to her that he loved her.


Valerie woke up before the alarm. She had a terrible night of sleep. She had dreamed that she was walking down the street with Dan, only to stop and realize that he was gone, and that the people around her were pointing at her and laughing, calling her a freak. She had woken up at some point in the night with a little tear in her eye.


She walked into the ever shrinking bathroom, at least for her and Dana, and took a shower. She was thankful that Dan had installed a shower head with a hose, allowing her to maneuver the water all over her body without her having to crouch down.


The shower felt good, but she decided to get out and cook breakfast. She toweled off, put her robe back on. Dan had come in. He looked up at her, and asked her how she was feeling. Val finally opened up, breaking down in tears. He did his best to try and comfort her, until he had tears running down his cheek.


He kept telling her over and over how much he loved her, and he would always be there for her, and people love her because of her beautiful soul and personality. She had nothing to be ashamed about. She and the kids were his life. 


And then he buried his head in her chest, and she just lowered hers to rest on top of his, and they just hugged each other for what seemed like forever, until both had calmed down enough to look into each other's eyes, as if to silently say that they loved each other.


Valerie went out to the kitchen to cook while Dan took a shower. When he was dressed, he headed to the table. Dana was already up, and then she took her shower. 


Breakfast had a different vibe than dinner the night before. The talk Val and Dan had seemed to release the tension within Val, and she was back to making jokes. Dan smiled at both of the giant women sitting at the table with him, thankful that both hadn't changed on the inside.


Once breakfast was done, Val cleaned up and Dana quickly finished getting ready. Then, after saying goodbye to her parents, was out the door and at the bus stop, just as it was pulling up. She looked forward to seeing Matt's smiling face waiting for her at school. 


The bus ride couldn't end quickly enough for Dana. She had tuned out all the noise from the other students. Matt’s smile was all she could see, as the image danced around in her head. 


And soon enough, the bus pulled up. But instead of waiting for the other kids to exit first, she rushed out ahead of them, and saw Matt walking towards her, smile present on his face.


Another beautiful day, and with most of the students hanging outside, enjoying the sunshine, Dana went to her locker, with Matt by her side. With her growing to 7’ in height, the bottom row locker would have been impossible to access if the hallway was filled with students. It was just easier for her, and Matt didn't seem to mind.


They asked each other how they were doing, and both replied the same; they were doing great! Dana told him that she would be getting dropped off and picked up by her mom the next day, as they were moving into a new place, so her address would be changing. Matt offered his services for the move, but she told him that everything was going to be packed up while she was at school, and everything would be moved by professionals.


Dana crouched down to get to her locker, when Matt asked a question that made her stop and think. Would she be going out for the girls’ basketball team?


Dana hadn't given it any thought, but Matt said that it might help if she had an activity to direct her energy towards. She was tall, really tall, and it would help keep her active. 


She stood up and looked down into his eyes. He added that he thought it would be really cool to watch her play, and it would be even cooler to practice with her, as he flashed a warm smile. 


She thought about his suggestion, and the more it ran around in her head, the more she liked the idea. She always wanted to join an after school activity group, and with her new size, it might be really fun. 


She told Matt that she really liked the idea, and would probably try out for the team when it was time. Matt thought it was fantastic that she was going to do it, and told her that he would be there for all her games.


Dana just looked down into his eyes, and she knew he meant every word he said. He looked up at her and suggested that they should go for a pizza one night to celebrate. She just continued to look at Matt, then, without thinking, bent down and gave him a kiss, which took him by surprise. 


Dana stood up to her full height and apologized to Matt, who was still trying to wrap his head around what just happened. He smiled up at her, and told her that she had nothing to apologize for. And he took her hand, and led her to their classroom. Both were walking on air.



Valerie came to work in a much better mood. Her little vent session with Dan had just released emotions that she didn't realize that were bubbling under the surface. But it was something that she obviously needed, as she looked at life with more optimism than usual.


Bertha, Tiffany and Jeff were already in the office when Val walked through the door. Immediately, the three of them gravitated to her, and the three talked like old friends. 


Bertha had brought up the unspoken elephant in the room, Val’s growth. She was curious as to how Val’s husband felt, as it must be a shock to him.


Val looked at her and said he was ok with it. In fact, he felt about this tall to her, and brought up her hand to just above her breast, and laughed. It was a joke that let them know that Dan had accepted what was happening, and that Valerie was at peace with the events occuring.


Tiffany asked her about Dana. Val said that she was the same happy child that she had always been, just a lot taller than before. Then she brought up Matt, and said that she may have to have that mother/daughter talk sooner rather than later.


In fact, Val secretly hoped that was the case, as it reinforced the feeling of normalcy that helped them get through what was happening.


Val reminded Bertha that she needed off the following day, as they were moving. In fact, a professional packing company was there now to box everything that they were taking with them. Dan had ordered new furniture, and was having the bathroom adjusted in size, which she really thought was a special touch from her husband. 


Her boss said it was taken care of, and if she needed an extra day off, just let her know. Val thanked her and gave her co-workers a hug, saying that they were her second family, and the three of them were special to her.


Bill hadn't seen Donna at all during the day. He tried several times to call her, but everything went to voicemail. He was extremely curious as to where she was, and more importantly, extremely concerned that she wasn't suffering, or in any kind of trouble. 


Just as the last afternoon class started, and Bill took his seat, a vision of beauty walked through the door. It was Donna, and the sight of her instantly raised his spirits and put his mind at ease. 


Taking the seat next to him, she gave him a quick kiss, as he asked if everything was ok. She told him yes. She had told her parents about her growing, and they immediately came up and took her to the hospital for tests. Everything had come back normal, except for an odd growth protein in her blood. A second test confirmed that it was natural, but usually only seen during puberty. But she was healthy.


Bill smiled and held her hand. He informed her that due to emergency work on the football field, the team and the cheerleaders were going to have practice in the gym starting at 4:00pm. 


Practice went smoothly, as long as Bill kept his mind on football, and not Donna’s increasingly statuesque figure. He could also notice several of his teammates sneaking glances at her. She looked so beautiful as the sun shone through the top of the gym. He couldn't wait to take her to dinner afterwards.


Once practice was over, they met in the middle of the gym, and gave each other a kiss, and confirmed plans for the night. Then a final kiss, and both went to get showers. That evening couldn't come fast enough.